the Rift

The Wishing Well [Destrier]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Opening my eyes to the grey world of The Edge was something I sought comfort in. It was a life that had been given to me in spite of my value and I only hoped that one day I could prove such. There weren’t many of us before and while it seemed that our numbers had dwindled in the past few months, I was more than ready to accept the challenge of bringing new members home. After all, this was a wonderful place in which to call home. We were a herd of equality, of trust, and most of all, a herd united. I had been lucky enough to bring home a few members already, eager to show them the wonders of such a land, though, things had been put on hold after I met Tamira, who I was hoping would join me here as well. Though, I also hoped that her choice to join me in The Edge would not hurt our alliance with The Throat. It seemed that everyone had been suffering hardship in the past few weeks and The Edge was not alone in our suffering. Mirage was soon to be returned to her throne and I was jovial, spirited, and so overwhelmed by this news that I found myself wandering our borders, almost in waiting, as if I would glimpse her return within the hour.

Though, it would not be so. I knew patience was of the essence and soon, I would find solace in the comforting knowledge of her safety. Then, I would assume it only the best of ideas to return to the Threshold in search of prime new members, members who would grace our ranks and infiltrate the sparseness of our numbers. Lately, the Basin had been growing at a grand rate of speed and it was almost uncanny how many members they seemed to recruit, despite their efforts to actually recruit them. I was certainly going to have to step up my game if I wanted to improve our efficiency. Would it be wrong for me to do so? If I could recall, Leander had binged on the gathering of new members for the Throat, so would it be wrong if I were to follow suit? Though, he now claimed rank as an outcast- The Lionheart banned from his home like a mere dog put outside on a chain.

It nearly sickened me.

I only hoped that I would suffer no such fate, though, I wasn’t sure what had landed him in such a position. It made me think of Tamira and how I would feel if I could not lay eyes upon her glorious face again, lest it be here in The Edge-outcast like so many of those in the Basin, despite their new homeland. I was the definition of all things they worked against, simply because I did not wear a horn upon my brown. How foolish to turn away hearts and souls because of their appearance. It was a sickening act that made no real sense to me and I wasn’t really sure if it ever would.

Around me, the mists hung low in the warmth of the spring. It was a pleasant morning that I had not expected after the frigid cool of the night. The forest was growing thick with green and it colored nearly the entire sky above as it spread out and along the branches above me. I could hear the distant lapping of the ocean below me as I staggered along the cliff’s edge and it seemed to lull me into a quiet reverie, lapsing me into the past as I had done too many times before. All that I could induce from this form of remembrance was a gratitude for this place, this land, this bit of rock, that I now called home.

[ooc: I'm sorry, I'm terrible at introduction posts... x.X]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

HEROES MAY DIE

This is his new home, settled in a place fitting to its name. There are no sandy beaches here, no white washed shores to run along. There are only cliffs which tower above the crashing waters below, spelling certain death should anyone not watch where they are going. The mist, while beautiful in it's own odd sense, could do wonders to hinder the eyesight, and Destrier would have to make sure he familiarized himself with the borders. He had just gotten here; there was no use in spoiling it by accidentally running over the cliffs.

It was a warm morning, with the mists still ever present and swirling about his feathered feet as he walked along the very cliffs he'd been having horrible visions about. Idly, he wondered if the mists forever lingered given the land's close proximity of the sea, but then again, maybe he was just thinking too hard on the simple matter. He should have been thinking more on how beautiful of a day it was, or about what steps he could take next to advance in rank. Granted, he was happy where he was for the time being, but he was an experienced warrior, and wanted to put it to the best use possible.

A gentle breeze blew against him them, ruffling and pulling back his too long of a mane, and with it came an unfamiliar scent. It was of another of his kind, and with his interest perked, the Friesian moved into a brisk trot, being mindful of how close he wandered to the edge of the rocky cliffs. As a newcomer, he wanted to meet everyone that he could, to get to know his new brothers and sisters.

An earthly colored body came into view, then, and it was only a second later that Destrier noticed the wings upon his back, which were all but dwarfed in comparison to the wide set shoulders they were perched upon. As he drew closer, he could tell that the other stallion was a good hand or so taller than him; a formidable being, and a deadly opponent if that was what he took interest in. "Hello," he spoke up then, hoping he hadn't startled the other; then again, the clanking of his shoes against the rocks had probably given him away a long time ago. "I'm sorry if I am a bother, but I'm new to the Edge, and I am making it a point to get to know my new brothers. I am Destrier."

BUT LEGENDS ENDURE

Image Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

The melodic drum of his approach was inviting as I hadn’t been much of a social butterfly as of late. The telltale crunch of hoof upon stone was enough to turn my head and I nodded solemnly at the shadowy stallion. I hadn’t seen him before in the Edge which led me to believe that he was new to our troops. I was thrilled to imagine that our numbers were increasing one by one, though I only hoped that his loyalties were of good intent. However, it seemed that he meant well enough, as my skin hadn’t bristled at the sight of him. Perhaps it was the way he stood before me now, shoulders sloped downward, relaxed and at ease as if he hadn’t a care in the world. After all, we were family now… right?

He was certainly older than I and I could tell it from the way his joints quivered beneath his weight. They had seen years far beyond my own and his eyes held a certain wisdom about them that seemed to stand unwavering as they peered back at me. I felt at ease in his presence and I was more than willing to allow him the pleasure of my company, or whatever pleasure could be wrought from my existence intertwining with his. The thought made my toes curl. It made me think of webs and the effort involved to weave them. I longed to weave a web between Tamira and myself, tying us together until time finally laid the blade between us. However, matters of the heart were something that I could contemplate later- The Edge was in need of my attentions now. We had a lot of ground to cover if we wanted to rise again from the ashes that the Basin had thrown upon our fire.

You’re no bother at all. In fact, it’s about time I shed my shell for a while- Welcome to the Edge brother.” A slight smile touches my lips, turning them upward and brightening my expression after days of reclusion. After all this time, it felt strange and strained upon my face, if even slightly uncomfortable, and after its fleeting appearance, I was eager to store it away once more.

I hadn’t wanted to appear crude before this newcomer, but it seemed that the war between the Edge and the Basin had taken a toll on my mind and made my nights increasingly restless. Perhaps this Destrier would be able to change that. In fact, I wanted more residents like him- loyal to our cause and our family. After all, we needed it. Mirage had done a magnificent job in giving the Quian a home and now it was our turn to repay her for all her sacrifices.

I’m Thor, Apprentice Nurse. I do hope you’ve come to stay.

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

HEROES MAY DIE

The stallion standing before him is much taller than he, it is obvious now. His coat is of a tawny tone, and his wings are almost as black as he. They sit there as mere decoration, but for a stallion his size, Destrier is certain that he doesn't need them anyways. Even he, having seen so much bloodshed and war in his life, might be weary of such an intense opponent. But when the other speaks, the words are warm, not cold, and he even offers a kind, albeit strained, smile.

Destrier came to a halt then, standing just a few yards away from the stranger who called himself Thor. It was surprising to hear that he was a healer and not some sort of protector, but he was not one to judge. Appearance wasn't everything in the eyes of the Friesian, for he had learned that long ago. Although he was guilty of wondering just how, or why, the bay took up the responsibilities of a healer instead of a soldier, or a craftsman like Lace. It wasn't wrong to be a healer, of course, but Destrier had always been a curious mind, wondering just why one chose the path they walked over a different one.

He returns Thor's expression with his own smile, loose and relaxed before he speaks. "It's good to meet you, Thor. I've been inducted to the Edge as a Protector." The ebony stallion took a brief pause then, glancing to the massive trees that lined the cliffs before releasing a soft breath, and returning his gaze to Thor. "It is a lovely place here. How long have you been a part of the herd, Thor? You must show me the finer parts of this land, should you ever find the time."

BUT LEGENDS ENDURE

Image Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Honor was something well sought and I was certain that this stallion would know the meaning of such a word. He seemed much like myself and perhaps that was why I had become particularly taken with him. It wasn’t often that I met faces that I could remember and call upon with admiration, but it seemed that he would be one of the few. He had taken the time to step of out the gate and come to the Edge with purpose, which again I admired. I was certainly not ashamed to call him brother, as he was to be considered my family. It seemed that I had taken much dignity in calling the Edge my home because they had welcomed me so warmly and given me reason and rhyme for my existence. I was a follower of the Quian for good reason and I was sure that in the coming years I would serve them well. Or at least I would try.

The day grew bright above us, casting empty shadows along the planes of the stony floor. The mists had finally receded beyond the forest for hopes of remaining until the sun had finally rested it eyes for the coming of night. I had come to accept the eerie coming and going of the fog, but it was still something that boggled me. It was a beautiful thing, like a creature that possessed a mind of its own, always lapping against my feet as I moved around my homeland. I wondered what this Destrier thought of the place, so riddled in ghostly reminders of the night.

I would be more than obliging to show you around should your time be free. Thought, I do pose to question your motives here, for we have no desire to host those who come to deliver so little. I only hope that you are as you say, because The Edge is in need of a strong heart such as yours.