the Rift

Pages Turned [Aitheria, Lynx, Svetlana]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

The act of leaving the Throat still laid heavy on his shoulders, but the tawny stallion still pressed on. He had walked, not run, from the hot sands of the desert, his stance steady and self assured. No matter how many Gods, Generals, or Sultanas, spit at him, he would not run. His mind was clear, maybe clearer than it had ever been, despite the grief that came with leaving one's home. It was as if someone had splashed cold water across his face and yelled wake up! The God of the Sun had said, "Not until you rise like a warrior and claim what is yours will you be recognized". The phrase was something he'd taken to heart, rather than the rest of the deity's outburst. He could have little respect for the Sun God now, for he was clearly plagued with mortal anger. Still, the God's threat of a curse would set anyone uneasy, but if he really wanted them to suffer, why not kill them then? Was a God's power not strong enough to just render all who angered him writhing in pain?

The golden had reached the most far Northern part of the meadow, a great deal away from the Throat and all its bitterness. Ember had been flying a short distance above him the entire time, watching him with concerned eyes. They still could not share language, but the eagle had seen her bonded be confronted by many angry pegasi, and it was not hard to tell that things were wrong. Descending with ease from the air, she landed upon his aureate hide, black clawed feet careful on his skin. She cooed softly, as a mother bird might to its chick, and began to preen strands of flaxen mane. A sigh fell from his maw, and the LionHeart turned back to look for his friends. He had not left the Throat alone, and the knowledge was both warming and sorrowful. With a somber expression, he began. "Friends." Deep chords paused, pain falling gently across his features. "The Sun God claims to have put a curse upon us, but I have not seen it manifest yet. I will protect you in any way that I can from his wrath." He spoke, truth and determination clear in his words. "However, if you fear the Sun God's curse, I would not blame you for leaving me now. If you have the heart and mind to stay and continue a new path with me, we have much to discuss."

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I was angry. There was nothing else to say, to work into this fire racing through my veins as I flew. How dare the Sun God curse us? Or me? He had not manifested to save me from the torture inflicted upon my body. He had not saved me from having my position stolen as leader. Why side with Kri? At least I had given my apologies to Kri. At least I had spoken my mind. At least I was being loyal to my friends.

HOW DARE HE?

I gritted my teeth, stroking my wings down heavy. It wasn't anger, it was fury. I, in this land I soon had begun to hate, had not been helped by the gods. My pleas has gone unanswered. Yet for some reason, Kri had immediate support of the "golden god" behind her, when I would've left anyways. I was not going to hang around only to be driven off or injured.

The wind was fine and smooth upon my body, a gentle kiss upon my wounds from the battle with Kri. It was undescribable, the anger in my body now. I think it was what kept me going, kept me from running from Helovia with my tail between my legs. My honor was shattered beyond repair. If I was in Svikruch, they would spit upon my feet and I would become nothing better than useless stock.

I tilt my wings, spread the primaries curtly, coming flying out of the sky like a rocket. I hit the ground louder, and harder, than necessary beside Leander, but my fuse is short now. I don't know if I want to scare him or just express my boiling blood. "Leander," I say curtly, shutting my wings with a stiff movement. Should I tell him of Romani and my meeting with her? Do I express my anger? What point is there going anywhere else? It's not like I could leave if I wanted to, at this point. I had effectively shut myself out of the herds unless I wanted to come begging the Basin to become a slave. But I would not do such a thing. My pride, my vainity, my weakness, would not allow that. Not yet, anyways.

"How about this- you do the talking, I do the scouting. Good plan?" I ask him, only half-jokingly. "No? Okay, better plan than that. We find a way to make peace with the herds, and try to relax out here in the Wilds until we can successfully take place in one of the herdlands- I personally like the idea of the Basin- and take favour with the gods."

My black eyes turn to his, and surely he can see the rage in them. "I have nowhere left to go, and my honour is in tatters. As far as I can see, this is the only way to move forward." Do I ask if we are considered equals at this moment? Or would that be too upfront?

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

Svetlana. The StormChaser was the first to appear, her sleek ebon wings standing out against the pale blue of the sky and soft greens of the meadow. A weary smile grew on his lips at the sight of her, but it was one that would be quick to fade. She was not content, and the fire in her pitch eyes was enough of an explanation. For a moment, a shred of worry found his heart. He had not seen Svetlana angry before - could she hold the same blind temper that Kri had possessed? Or did she know how to deal with and use her rage like a true leader?

"Svetlana." He greeted softly, dipping his head in a friendly, respectful gesture. Even if she was upset, she had great cause to be so. Surely her emotions would be running haywire, after being taken prisoner in the North through Frostfall, and returning only to lose her place as Chieftess to one no more than a colt. It was enough to drive anyone mad. Her quick words of plans and actions rang through his ears, and he remained with quiet ease until the Basin was uttered from her mouth. Sooty auds swiveled to face backwards slightly, giving off a look of concern rather than anger. My honor is in tatters she says, and golden pools well with sorrow. "I am sorry for everything you have been through. Know that I will be here for you, no matter what we decide to do." He said softly, before reaching out his muzzle to brush her shoulder comfortingly. There was little he could do to help ease her trouble mind, but at least the knowledge of his friendship might be a comfort to her. "I do not think we are at odds with any of the herds, aside from the Throat. Their dislike for us is unwarranted and headed by Kri; We all left peacefully and caused no harm. I do not think that there will be much we can do to repair relations with them while Kri is in power. But you have a very good point - speaking to the herds and developing friendly relationships with them would be wise." He spoke calmly, agreeing with her desire to be on good terms with the main herds. If there was some reason for them to be disliked by any besides the Throat, he trusted that the silver would explain. "I do not believe it would be wise to join the Basin, especially since they kept you as their prisoner. I fought against their group in the Battle of the Edge, and I personally have no desire to join their ranks." Deep chords were still neutral, though they held a colder edge than before. He could not understand what would possess Svetlana to want to go back to that God forsaken group. Not when they had held her against her will. The golden remembered the look on her face when he'd tried to rescue her, so defeated, devoid. It was sickening.

"I would like to speak with Aitheria and Lynx as well, about moving forward. We must all come to a decision, together, equally." He glanced long across the field as he spoke, bronze orbs sweeping the greenery for sight of the two, before letting his sights fall back to Svetlana. "The safety of a herd is an asset that we do not have, but there is always the option of remaining in the wilds and growing our strength. Our numbers may grow, and we may be able to discover our own land to call home."

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered

I listen to him, and my anger softens. "I did not mean so, Leander. I meant of eventualities and what-nexts." I do not comment more on such. "I would join their ranks no more than you would." Does he wonder, I think to myself, of what may happen in the future? I know I am ambitious and vain at times. I do not lie to myself. Things have changed, and as the god had told me, I still had that "foolish pride". Stupid. Does the god not read otherwise of me? If he can see my thoughts and understand them, does he not understand my history, my honour, how once I was silver and now I am tarnished? Idiot. I have no respect for gods who abandon their worshippers.

"Of course." I say, wondering which was Aitheria and which was Lynx. I would guess Aitheria as the mare who thought she was in sole possession of Leander's girl relationships. Ha! I have not feeling for intimate loving between the two of us. Love has only become something to be scorned, at least for now. Khan's love had not stopped the jury throwing me from the skies and having me hit the ground hard.

I listen in silence as he speaks of finding a homeland. I want to cry out and say 'idiot- there is no homeland for us to live in, only those already existing, otherwise the Qian would not have overthrown the Edge', but to say so would only be letting my anger take hold of me, and so instead, I refrain from letting sarcasm entering my words. "Maybe so, but I feel we must, eventually, invade. I would like just as much as you to find a homeland to call home peacefully, but to do so would be difficult, for otherwise the Qian would not have invaded the Edge. Which is why I suggested finding a home in the Basin, of course not with the unicorns already living there. The Basin is a common enemy we can use to unite those with us and drive them out again. Then again, we can decide, with Lynx and Aitheria and others who may join our number, when the time comes. There is a place and time for that, and it is not yet."

I move away from him towards the river pure, and begin to drink. My muscles are tired and I feel a pain in my stomach from when I have not drunk enough, and flying is tiring, especially flying from a spar with a horse. Then again, I had chosen a roundabout route, searching for Leander, for we had things to speak of.

I guess I should, maybe, tell him of what occurred in the Foothills. "Kri, if perhaps in need of some anger help, is a strong fighter. It would do well to make amends with her if we so want to eventually find a home." I struggle to make the next, humbling words come from my mouth. "The Foothills Chief Jackal drove me from the Foothills when I tried to return and ask for those who wanted to come with me. However, I would hope Archibald and Evers will side with me and help us." Again, I pause, lifting my head from the sparkling water. "So of the four herds, two are possibly not with us."

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
How does it feel to know you are cursed? To feel like one's clock is counting down, unwinding, unravelling to a point where it becomes impossible to go on. Your breathing will stop, your skin will burn, your heart will break.

I know this. I am going to do it myself.

Golden eyes, deep, molten-like in their qualities, watch the featherbrains before me. He sent me here, that magnificent, fiery God of the Sun. He requested my attention to focus upon these insignificant birds, to make them suffer, burn, and otherwise pay for their foolish endeavors upon this sacred ground of his, the almighty, Sun Lord.

The tall grasses of the meadow hide me with ease, though to their eyes I would appear as nothing more than a ray of light, anyway.

I shuffle my claws, resettled my wings upon my back, and then, I breathe. A small ember escapes my mouth; this is but a warning of things to come. With a smirk, I lift myself up, and vanish amidst a bright light that seems to carry me skywards.

The little ember I left behind catches on the dry grass, and smoke begins to rise where it fell. Stomp it out quickly, little birds, or else burn in the face of our almighty Sun Lord.

([ The fire it started can be easily put out by flapping wings/stomping, but only if it is noticed straight away. ])

Rapha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
bump

Lynx Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15 :: 5
Shoikan
LYNX

Leaving the Throat has not been as simple as Lynx had first believed it to be. True, there were no physical blocks, nothing to forcibly hold his body back, yet his emotional ties to the place had tugged at his mind, attempting to lure him back to those he would be leaving behind. Note, Cera, Beauty, Mystique, though he knows he will go back for his adopted daughters. Whether they will follow him into exile, he does not know, but he has to at least try. There is no other choice.

Yet, for now he follows Leander’s trail, hoofprints and scent guiding him to the place where his ally stands. Slowly, the golden pegasus comes into view, as does the white and ebon mare who had stood by him before. A weary nod is offered to the two as he halts a few feet away. Though he has chosen to join with them, he has never been very social, preferring to remain just the slightest bit apart, though he will always come to their aid if needed.

Perhaps it is this distance that allows him to scent the acrid tang of smoke, or maybe he is simply more observant. Whatever it is, it brings his head up, flares his nostrils as he tries to locate the source. There, a small plume is rising above the tall grass, a tiny tongue of flame is beginning to lick at the plentiful fodder. Fortunately, it is not yet a threat, just the potential of one, easily smothered if he moves quickly. It takes but a few quick strides to reach the dangerous ember, only a few moments to trample it and the flames down into the earth, extinguishing the fire before it can grow any larger. It would seem that the Sun God will not even allow them time to regroup, that the temperamental immortal has chosen to enact the curse now. Dread slips down Lynx’s spine at the thought, leaving him cold despite the warmth of the day and his slightly singed hooves.