the Rift

revenge isn't.. everything.. is it? {open~}

Vasilisa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

v a s i l i s a danish warmblood .x. unicorn .x. five .x. mare

why does it have to hurt so much..?

Three. Three days, seventy-two hours, and a good twelve months full of heart break, sweat, and blood. No tears; never any tears, not from Vasilisa. The horned freak was weaving her way through a forest that she'd describe as "dull". It was dotted in trees, brushes and grassess, there an the occasional stream, but nothing to note-able. Lisa gave a snort of arrogant confidence. She knew she was the best thing right here, right now. Her rainbow-hued eyes scanned the forest like before finding that one stream she'd been following for a good week or so. Her head bent down which allowed her bubble gum, platinum highlighted tresses dip into the stream. Lisa glanced at her wavy mane and found it to be groomed to perfection. Like she was, only in her mind though. The sabino-marked warmblood picked her head up and continued to walk. Vasilisa smirked and stood in a small glade; she reveled in the brash sunlight that bathed her palomino tinted coat.

So, what was she supposed to do now? The bold mare glanced around again with no equine coming into her sight. Was this place devoid of all equine life or something? Lisa decided to just keep traveling, her seductive yet bitter attitude playing a deep role in how she carried herself. Head high, neck curved, and back arched downward. She was the primadonna here - no one had better dare mess with her. A new thought came to her mind, and it made her shutter with joy. "If this land truly is devoid of all equine life, I'll just claim it for my own. I could easily bring back others from the Northern Pass..." Her sentence was cut short as she paused, both ears flicking up. That thought of being followed of watched brushed over her but she dismissed it; a depressed thought replaced it. She had no one to bring back. Her mother and father were slaughtered by none other than her, and her long-lost sister was caravaning all over the world. Vasilisa's life suddenly seemed dull, and she found no reason to live. She had succeeded in taking revenge for her lost love and stillborn colt. Now what? No, he would want me to keep on living. He'd want me to find someone new.. Lisa thought, but even the thought of her dead lover made tears well within her eyes. The unicorn bowed her head and stared at the grassy ground; her tears fell onto the grass and she watched the water taint the ground.

Except, she saw blood - not water. Her mind was playing tricks on her again. Lisa's head slowly rose as she looked around to see dead bodies and blood lying around her. A sudden shiver rolled through her before she started to mutter: "It's not real.. It isn't real." Her frantic chanting got louder as the messed up vision started to create fire. Then there were bones, and then there was her sister - standing on fire, blood pouring from her now visible skull. What an appalling sight it was. "STOP IT! GO AWAY!" Suddenly the "dull" forest was a comforting sight to her now worn out eyes and soul. It was a good thing that no other creature was there to see her horrific break down, but now what? What was to come of her..?

[Image: 1ilsg9.png]

©The-GingerbreadPony ©Sooty-Bunnie ©Mourge-Stawk ©FoxStox ©pieces-of-stock

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

Aryel walked through the Threshold forests with some amount of trepidation. After all, the last time she had come here, she had gotten into a fight with a very arrogant pair of unicorns. But she had found herself drawn to the stretch of tall pines yet again, seeking a little shade relief during a particularly hot day. Maybe nothing as...eventful would happen this time. Maybe she could just have a quiet graze for a while.

"STOP IT! GO AWAY!"

Maybe not.

Aryel's head turned in the direction of the noise, ears up and forward, trying to catch any other voices. Was someone in trouble in there? She wasn't about to just ignore it. Her rank may have dictated her loyalty was primarily to the Dragon's Throat, but she would be pretty cruel horse to ignore a shout like that. She galloped off in the direction of the shout, scanning the forest for other horses.

She saw the mare's bright pink mane before she saw the mare herself, a color she had only seen before on flowers. What kind of horse had such a colorful mane? Stranger still, she seemed to be alone, which made Aryel wonder who she had been talking to. She seemed visibly upset at well. Concerned, Aryel slowed her pace and trotted forward. "Are you okay?" she asked the mare. "I heard shouting."

"blah blah blah."

"WHAT IS THIS GYPSY MAGIC SH*T?!"

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Unregistered

A new voice broke the thousands of insane ones that were rushing through her mind. Unpure thoughts, thoughts about blood and death. Her head slowly turned to see another equine there. Then the switch flipped. It was like she was a rabid dog with white foaming at her mouth. She gave a snort and took up an attack stance. Her neck was curved down, horn poised to attack. Lisa stared at the winged freak in front of her and let out a low wicker; a clear warning. "What the fu*k do you want..." Vasilisa said quietly, her voice dangerously low as those rainbow hued eyes narrowed to slits. The equines voice registered in her head, and she identified it to be a mare.

What did this mare want with her? "Are you okay? I heard shouting?" "Am I okay?" Lisa suddenly started to convulse into a laughing fit. "Haha... Ha..HAHAH! Am I okay? Do I look okay to you, you winged abomination!?" She screamed it into the mare's general directions. The words laced with venom, and hatred. "What do you want from me? Did she send you? Does she want to try to kill me like my parents? What a fool." Vasalisa said with disgust in her words. The palomino glared at the pegasi; she was ready to slaughter her if need called for it, and that almost always seemed the case.

"Shut your mouth, I'm talking."

[Image: 1ilsg9.png]

©The-GingerbreadPony ©Sooty-Bunnie ©Mourge-Stawk ©FoxStox ©pieces-of-stock

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

Aryel was taken aback as the mare snapped at her. A small part of her brain thought not again as she watched the mare with less concern and more wariness. She had immediately gone into an attack stance as soon she she saw Aryel, and the blue roan had instinctively done the same thing, tensing up and flaring her wings slightly, giving a warning snort.

She was rather sick of trying to be friendly and then getting this in return. First Dakini, and now this sickeningly-pinked-maned mare. Were all Helovian unicorns like this?! "First off, hornhead," she spat, head snaked low, "I was trying to be friendly. But since you are obviously too bratty and arrogant to care, I don't see the point of asking what the bloody hell is wrong with you. I don't know this 'she' you're talking about and frankly I don't care. I'm a soldier from the Dragon's Throat, not some damned assassin." She gave another snort and straightened her posture, still watching the mare with an angry glare. Was one not-asshole unicorn too much to ask for? She never held herself above the nonwinged. Never thought that pegasi were superior. Why did she have to put up with this?

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

This foreign mare's words penetrated her ears and instead of flaring her temper they confused her. "Friendly? A pegasus trying to be friendly? Okay, now that's a real first." Lisa paused as she held back laughter. Then she continued, not allowing the smaller mare to but in. "So, let me get this straight. My foolish little sister didn't send you to murder me, but instead you say you're a soldier from a Dragon's throat? Now that just made my day, but then again I can put two and two together to get four. I'm guessing this Dragon's Throat isn't a place, it's a herd. Am I correct?" The sudden flare of anger was gone, it was replaced with arrogant confidence, and a small spark of curiosity. Where the hell had she landed herself into?

Vasalisa's body was now laxed, but her guard was still up. She held her head high as her rainbow colored eyes looked down upon the mare. "I'd say I'm sorry for freaking on you, but I'm not. Therefore, I can not apologize for something I'm not sorry for. In any matter, soldiers can be assassins as well; that's besides the point though, can I know more?" Vasalisa said eagerly, the curiosity swelling inside her. Really, how had she even managed to stumble upon this place. It looked no different from her homeland though, but it sure did feel different.

[Image: 33atiip.png]

©The-GingerbreadPony ©Storm-Stock ©CAStock ©ClarabellafaireStock ©GloomWriter

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

"It's a place, yes, but the herd who lives there is often referred to by the same time," said Aryel, not relaxing her own posture until the pink-maned mare did. "Original name for the herd was the Tuuli, but that name isn't used as much anymore." Once it seemed that this mare was indeed not going to run her through with her horn, Aryel gave a disdainful snort, flicking her tail and refolding her wings across her back. While glad that she wouldn't have to get into another fight, she still distrusted this mare.

Her eyes narrowed as the mare brushed off her own freakout, then turned around and wanted to know more about her herd. "I'm not sure I should tell you." said Aryel, glancing away, a small smirk forming on her mouth. if this mare didn't want to be polite, neither would she. "I mean, after that little bout of nastiness, how can I be sure I'm not ratting my home out to some enemy?" If the mare was genuinely curious, maybe she would give a little ground. Until then, she would taunt her a little. "At the very least, I guess I'll tell you where you are, since you seem to be rather clueless. This whole land is called Helovia, and the forest we're in right now is called the Threshold, and nearly every horse entering the peninsula goes through here."

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

Vasilisa chuckled as the mare spoke. "An enemy? You sound so sure of yourself little one. That little bout of anger isn't even a glimpse of me." Lisa took five steps forth, a display of dominance. She wasn't to keen on this smaller mare's attitude. How is she a soldier for being so small? Lisa wasn't one to undermine though, but there was a feeling within her that screamed: 'I can kick you ass.' As the equine continued to speak, Lisa responded. "Helovia eh? Reminds me of the word Hell. Odd. So almost every horse crosses in through here. That's also odd." Lisa commented with a smirk on her face.

"So what happens now?" Lisa questioned. Clearly this mare wasn't keen on telling her where this Dragon's Throat herd recided. Yes, Lisa was quite okay with that. After everything that had happened in her life, she didn't want to join a big herd. She wanted to join - better yet create - a small band of equines. A band with no pegasi in it.

[Image: 209rmde.png]

©The-GingerbreadPony ©Storm-Stock ©CAStock ©ClarabellafaireStock ©GloomWriter

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

"You sound overly sure of yourself." shot back Aryel, matching Lisa's steps forward with five strides of her own. She raised her head in a somewhat arrogant manner, daring Lisa to object. She was rather starting to enjoy this little stand-off. "It's not so odd." she said, her easy smile still present. "It's the only way into Helovia, unless you fly or swim." Helovia, being a giant peninsula, was only attached to the rest of Loorien by one side. "And I don't know many horses that swim for any length of time. But it's no hell, I can assure you of that. Lovely place." She spoke the truth there. It was no lush Redrock Valley, but it was a nice land.

She thought for a moment on Lisa's question. "Well, we could just go our separate ways, which would be a bit of a drag. It's been a while since I met somebody who's as much of a firebrand as I am. Or, you could apologize for that little snap, or at the very least explain why you acted like you did, and then I'd tell you everything you want to know about this place." She shrugged. "I've got things to do, though, so it's no problem to me if you decided to stomp off, in which case I wish you best of luck." Some of her mother's etiquette training had rubbed off, at least. And she was genuinely curious as to why this horse seemed to hate pegasi.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

b A c K o F F !

Overly sure of myself? Please honey, I'm always like that. Lisa thought to herself, her kissers pulling up into a smirk revealing teeth. Her audits flicked as she continued to listen to this little thing. Who does this filly think she is? Good Lord. As the mare continued on speaking Lisa started to grow bored; her head craned to and fro before returning to the conversation. "Firebrand? Rest assured winged one, my temper most likely exceeds yours;" A pause for breath. "and, I will not apologize. I stated earlier I can't apologize for something I'm not sorry for dear. As for why I snapped.. Bad experiences with your kind caused it. Blame them for my horrible temperament." Vasilisa's head dipped slightly before she looked over the mare again. Lisa's eyes were so judgmental; full of a hidden fear that was unbeknownst to the other.

"Me, come with you?" Genuine shock was evident in the older mares face. It had been over a year since she'd been genuinely shocked. "You want me to come with you? Back to the Dragons Throat... Really?" This pegasus was offering her assistance? But why? Then all the bells went off in Lisa's head. The unconnected dots all made sense. "Liar! It's a trap; my sister did send you!" A sudden switch had flipped within Lisa. "Leave, I don't want or need your help." But something deep down inside her was nagging; saying she was in the wrong. That's impossible though, the magnificent Vasilisa was never wrong: or was she? The flame that flicked in her eye soon turned into an ember, a simple spark of the past. Her voice softened as she questioned her: "Give me your name," A long pause followed. The wind ruffled Lisa's long pink tresses. Her forelock fell across her eyes, shielding the look of lost-ness that was evident within them.

"then I will be able to determine if you advocate for the Devil."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

Aryel had hoped to hear a little more about this bad experience, but she wasn't the prying type. If she didn't want to talk about it, she didn't have to. "Very well." she said with an air of acceptance.

Her next few statements caught her by surprise. "I didn't say that." she replied quickly to her first words. "But, if you'd like to join us you'd be welcome to." She highly doubted Lisa would want to though, considering her initial reaction to meeting a pegasus. And did they really want such a rude mare in the Throat? She took a step backwards as Lisa snapped again, claiming her to be a liar. "I do not lie," she snarled back. "I don't know your damn sister, and I don't know you. Get that through your pink-maned head already." She snorted when Lisa demanded she leave. "Don't got to ask me twice." she said, turning to go. But she stopped when Lisa asked her name, the anger seeming to run out of her voice. "I'm Aryel Ariessasdaughter." she said quietly, using her full name. She turned to face Lisa again. "And I'm no assassin." Whether or not she believed her was Lisa's own choice.

(I wonder if they could become friends eventually, or at least frenemies? Aryel could try and convince her not all peggies are bad xD)

"blah blah blah."

Tribute Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Im heartless,stubborn and a genral cow. But Im only looking for love

And I'm no assassin. That was all Tribute had herd of Aryel's voice. A sly grin formed on his face. This could be fun. Picking up his pace into a trot he headed of in the direction of Aryel's voice. Her scent was merged with one totally un familiar. Twisted branches of all the different shades of brown,green blades of soft grass shifted to suit where his hoofs landed.The clown blue body of her came into view along side a golden mare,candy pink locks trailing down her neck.

"Aryel,I see the gods have not had mercy on you yet?" He nodded slightly, his horn directed at her clown cover rump,smirking as the horse did look stupid with them. He knew Aryel was stupid. There was no denying it. So why shouldn't he take the piss out of her? She was no threat. Turning his attention toward the golden unicorn. "And what is your name? I missed that part of your conversation with the..."He turned his head,looking Aryel up and down. "Lovely Aryel." He laughed slightly. Of course he didn't actually mean that Aryel was lovely; not in his eyes anyway. He turned his snowy body round so that he could see both mares at the same time. "So what brings you here and what do you seek?" He tossed back his handsome head,green orbs glaring at Aryel but yet when he looked in the candy mane Unicorns direction his eyes somewhat softened. He wanted to make a good impression after all,didn't he?

Do Do Do

Think think think

"Talk talk talk"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Unregistered

b A c K o F F !

Vasilisa's kissers opened already, ready to retort back to the winged abominations but something - or rather someone interrupted her. A sudden spike of anger fueled her rapid head turn until she saw a unicorn. A stallion to be exact. Lisa's facial features were a glow, and a smile lit her maw. "And what is your name? I missed that part of your conversation with the... Lovey Aryel." When he concluded Lisa spoke in her deep, dark sounding tone. "I would love to tell you, but not in front of that winged abomination. You can call me V for now tho." She said with a dip of her head.

He continued to speak while watching them both, and Lisa looked him over. A coat and hair as white as snow. His eyes were a piercing green; he was so different from the love she had met so long ago. Yes, something about him seemed familiar. The way his face softened up when he gazed as her almost made her head skip. "So what brings you here and what do you seek?" His next question made her cringe. "I-I seek love and companionship. Nothing more, nothing less. As to how I got here," A very long pause. The constant blowing wind hid the falling tears from view. "The death of my loved one brought me to this wretched land." Lisa said honestly and openly. This was a first for her, she gave a little bit of herself away to these two strangers. "Aryel, I won't be going with you. I'm not in search of a herd; I just want a small band. Thank you kindly for your offer though." Lisa said with a slight drip of sass intertwined with her words. Her attention then slowly waned as she floated back into her past.

ooc;; SORRY FOR SLOW REPLY. Iwasbuseh. <3

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

And it had just started to go well.

Aryel's ears swiveled backwards and down as she heard a familiar, and unwelcome voice. "They haven't, if you're still alive." she shot back, turning to face him. "Which is a pity. I would've loved to see your remains after a wolf pack or mountain lion got ahold of you." Did this asshole really have to show up again?

And then things just got worse. Incredulous, she looked back at Vasilisa as she withheld her name simply because she was there. "You're serious?" she asked flatly. "Oh my gods, you're serious. You're being fucking serious right now. I gave you my full name and was trying to get the both of us onto friendly ground, and you. Do. That." That was it. That was fucking it. She had had it with unicorns, and she had had it with the both of them. She felt the familiar tide of anger rising in her chest, muscles tensing as she fought back the urge to pummel them both.

Recalling something, she looked back at Tribute. "Hey Tribs, you should tell her about the time you showed your ugly face in the Throat. No wait, I'll do it for you." She turned to Lisa, a nasty grin on her muzzle. "So, he showed up and was giving myself and another Throat horse a hard time. Then, our Sultana shows up. Who, by the way, is even shorter than I am. And he turns tail and runs. Ohhh, you shoulda seen it. Kicking up dust just like a panicked foal." Blue-black eyes went back to Tribute. "Ain't that right, Tribs? Never seen a horse run that fast." If he was going to badmouth her, then damned it she wasn't going to do it right back.

She snorted when the mare declined her implied offer of joining the Throat. "Hell, now that I've seen what you're really like, I think that's a good thing. An arrogant cunt like yourself would hardly be welcome there. Same with Tribute. By the way, Trib, I'd like to say that if you ever set hoof in our desert again, I won't ask questions before I start throwing kicks." She gave him a pseudo-sweet smile. "Just so you know."

"blah blah blah."

Tribute Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Don't take me for a fool

winged abomination. He laughed slightly. V was obviously racist,not that he was,but he didn't mind being with her especially in the presence of Aryel. Maybe V could beat a bit of submission into her. I-I seek love and companionship. Nothing more, nothing less. As many do it seemed come here for love,it did not surprise Tribute that that was the reason she was her. The death of my loved one brought me to this wretched land. Good enough reason but was it wretched? He looked at Aryel for a second. Well some do bring the idea of a wretched land up to strangers. Selfish glee then took over him at V confirmed that she would not be going with Aryel to Throat. Why would she want to go there anyway?

Aryel. She was something else to deal with but he couldn't help laughing. Her perfetic wishes were beyond belief. Why she could wish for him to be in immortal pain for the rest of his life but no; she wished him to die quickly. When her foul mouth started its work it only made Tribute want to laugh more. Then she went on about there first meeting in the Throat. He waited patiently till she had finished.

Turning to Aryel he smiled sweetly. "Yes,maybe I will tell our dear friend about that.The true story." Turning he flick out a leg at Aryel's chest as a quick warning not to say anything,flicking his tail in her mess of a blue face. "Last time I meet our dear little perfetic over there was in her home land; A desert. She and her perfetic friend couldn't handle me at all and so they had to call for help. Seriously,two against one? And they needed another to help?" He turned his head back,a sickly smile plastered to his maw. "Then there darling leader came. Sure I could have stayed but what would be the point? It was wiser to leave and return later." He shot Aryel a warning look,turning his body so that he could see her without having to turn his neck and so he was by V's side,mumbling to her. "Feel free to follow me and perhaps we can talk without others being around."He started to walk,his head held high,his ears back as he brushed past Aryel. "Don't be so sure I wont be back Aryel."

Do Do Do

Think think think

"Talk talk talk"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic