the Rift

More Vengeance than Loneliness [Psyche, Open]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

Prometheus & Pyr
our own little corner of the world

Discovering that Psyche had been released was something I would have rather heard of in person- but these things do happen. When the two of us had arrived at the edge of the Dragon's throat, you had turned me back towards the basin quickly enough. Your keen senses, afforded to you by your species and the life flowing through you, led us back to the basin in no time.

And here we are, at the end of a snake's trail and a long line of hoofprints. The warmth emanating from your skin is nothing to me, just as the cold is a sensation I cannot comprehend. As a child, I stand at the border of the Basin and hope to receive the audience of its empress. She owes me that much; I expect her to be one of her word. Mauja always was, it would be a disappointment to learn that his replacement had lost those values. Then again, Psyche does not seem to be quite so diplomatic as the Ice King. It will take time and a passionate fire to temper the steel of my trust in her.

But, of course, her showing up will be the first test. And if she does not arrive, or if she arrives and turns me away, I will force myself to satisfy my needs in some other fashion. A herdland is not of particular attraction to me; the revenge I seek and the power behind a herd that can aid me in attaining it, however, is. You, on the other hand, might appreciate a more stable life. And I've been selfish enough for long enough, it has come the time to at last take your thoughts into consideration. And I will- as soon as I can hear them again.

Until then I wait, watching the breeze as it blows by and feeling the faint brush of it against my dead, loose skin. The nerves are cut short in places, the wiring a little faulty, but I can still feel some of the wind as it rips through my body and fills its cracks. My wings, skeletal and bare, protrude from bony shoulders that are latticed with muscle. They look as if they belong, as if they have always been there- and they feel the same. It will be a task to play them off as a curse, as I have told Psyche that they are. My dead eyes look onward and your bright ones join them in their gaze. Together we stare into the distance, expectant of the black form that is meant to welcome us home.

credit

[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

She had been expecting him.

She wanted to be the first to greet him, so he might not be sent on his way for the sin of the wings on his back. Her brethren might not afford him the courtesy of an explanation, as she had - but then, which of them had known him before? Even she could not say she knew him well. But he had not had the atrocious appendages before, and now he did, and she had no reason to believe he was lying. Had he not intended to join the Plague? And so would he not carry the same values that she and hers so avidly upheld?

Even with her blessing, they would be suspicious, and they would hate her for her choice. But he had intended to free her, and she had offered him an audience, an alliance of sorts, and she was, at the very least, a mare of her word. Though he had not freed her himself, he had planned to, and she was therefore in his debt.

She always paid her debts.

And so it was the she saw him arrive, a silent silhouette against the craggy mountains of the pass, he and his companion, that tiger creature. It would scare the herd half to death, she was sure, and add to their growing menagerie - first the snake, who, truth be told, she was quite fond of, and then the wolf, who was proving more trouble than he was worth. Now a tiger cat and his dead master. Half-dead? What was Prometheus, truly?

He would prove useful, at least, and this she was sure of. They shared a common goal, and surely her followers would understand the benefits of an immortal. He and Deimos should get along famously, she thought with a smirk. Plenty of death between the pair of them. And, after all, wasn't that what she wanted? Death?

Her words rang out as she covered the distance between them at a lazy trot. She would arrive first, to be sure, but it was on her own terms. "Prometheus," she called her greeting. "Welcome to Aurora Basin."

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.