the Rift

A Frozen Wonderland [Open]

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
Levi

Levi's nostrils flared as the feeling of the air tightened his muscles. A hot breath of stream came out of his nostrils. The area was much chillier then he remembered. Maybe because FrostFall was now over, so he was adapting to BirdSong. His pelt had started shedding his furry winter coat, and was now started to look thin and sleek. Lightly stepping forwards, his hooves trailed beneath his feet. The cool, mushy snow crunched as he walked. Snow he thought. Levi really enjoyed being outside in any weather. He did not care whether it was steaming hot or freezing cold. He could adapt to both, since he did live in the desert. It got hotter than any horse could imagine in the summer and spine tingling cold in the winter. So either way, it did not both Levi so he explored on.

Levi could not believe how quickly the FrostFall days had passed. He accomplished a lot since then and started to feel that he was being a better horse to his herd. Arching his neck Levi suddenly trotted an extended trot feeling proud. The energy of the soft terrain beneath his hooves carried him on as he explored. Then he figured he would challenge himself. He was not used to running on this type of terrain since sand he was his fastest, but wanted to challenge himself to see how fast he could go.

Levi dropped his shoulders going into a slight canter. It was pretty, more like an extended canter, but he wasn’t going to stay for long. Muscles clenched and bones ached as he started to push himself. Now he was at a slow gallop and he ran around the snowy floors. Pushing harder and harder, he started getting faster and faster. Reaching for the ground, he dug his hooves as hard as he could into them. Quicker he went as the wind whistled into his ears. Levi whinnied as he reached his full speed. Levi almost felt as if he was free. Running for the longest he could, he kept going on.

Levi’s stride became shorter as he came to a sudden halt. Breathing heavily, puffs of breath came out his mouth. Smiling, he felt better now, as he stood trying to catch his breath.

"Talk talk talk."

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable
[Image: 2896539756_0a6f917f54_z.jpg?zz=1]

LOCKET

; there's nothing worth remembering anymore.

Like flame against snow the flaring Locket moved out into the wintry wastes. His cheeks patched with white, almost like a cold blush had been imprinted there forever. Hooves of cloven nature sank into the snow and then sprang up again as he bounded along the surface, taking joy in bird song's sweet nature. Wind caught his long dark curls and whipped them round his face and legs. Such a rugged fellow with a heart for adventure, the wilds of the North rather suited him. In an odd contrasting way. Ears flickered to the sound of movement, eyes of flecked green zoning in on the stallion who seemed to be having a marvellous time carousing about in the snow. Such a magnificent stride with great wings crowing his grace. Locket was lost in the carefree abandon of this steed that he lost all sense of bearing.

Small, dark hooves fell over one another and Locket found his panda marked head descending at great speed into the snow below. Dainty nose first with curls of mane tangling around him. With a snort of discontent, the odd fellow dragged his head back up again and he regarded the snow with disapproval. "Why a'ways me?" He asked of the ground with a tone of complaint. It annoyed him that, after being a traveller for so long, his feet were still extortionately uncoordinated. By the time Locket had shook the snow from his fur, the stallion he had been so absorbed in had now stopped. The panda boy decided that it would be polite to go over and say hello. Even with his mane in a disarray over his small, pretty face.

"He'o Mr" he said, in his customary voice with strange tones. Smiling brightly to the chap before him. Hoping he was a nice, gentle sort. He did seem so, in his wild dance with the snow, but one could never truly know another just by watching them. Tail flicked and curled around his hooves on the ground. The ends wet and tangled from being dragged along the floor.

Locket talk :: L = R

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

Hot breath streamed out of his nostrils still. Levi had just about caught his breath, but it was harder since the air was so cold. Pressing himself towards a slender hill, he thought about Phaedra. Levi had finally figured out that he loved her and wanted nothing more than to be with her, at all costs. He was so scared to tell her the truth since he was unsure if she could ever love him back. She was so beautiful… and yes he was good looking, but the way she perceived herself was that she was too good for all men and that she could never love Levi in the way that he loves her. Levi had no clue that she actually was in love with a unicorn named Tolio, so he figured he would tell her the truth before he would lose her.

"He'o Mr" Levi’s ears perked forwards as he heard an unfamiliar voice. It sounded like a male voice, but he hadn’t realized that the stallion was standing right in front of him! Looking behind him the brute was twisting his neck to find the voice. He hadn’t seen a thing so when he went to look forwards again he was startled by the stallion. A quick jolt fell over himself as he examined the tawny stallion. His strong build looked like he might be a warrior, long brown mane and tail, and white marking on his square face. Levi was so lost in his deep thoughts that he was all confused of what was going on. Shaking his head, he wondered if it was just his imagination playing with him, but he soon realized that it wasn’t

Stomping his hoof to get a better grip of the wet flooring, he bowed to the stranger eyes locked on his. “Hello there, you scared me for a second, I hadn’t realized that you were there.” A slight chuckle emerged from his vocal chords. “I’m Levi sorry I forgot to add. May I know your name as well sir?” Clear and kind, Levi silvery gaze searched for the brown-tawny gaze of the unknown stallion. He seemed to be just a bit younger than Levi, but he seemed to be kind and respectful. If he was not, then Levi would have no problem putting the brute in his place. Luckily though, the well-built stallion seemed to be in great hands.

[OOC: Sorry for the short post back! :/]

"Talk talk talk."

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

Lupus
Bring me there blood to drink

Clutching my prize rabbit in my teeth I lie down on crusty frost. Blood coats my paws,the rabbit had been a fighter to the end it seems but it was no match for me. Anyway,I didn't kill it straight away. I tor it's leg of first. So it couldn't move and then I kept cutting it. One cut. Two cut. Three cut. I like to play with my food I will admit. Its entertaining,watching the little creature struggle helplessly. Trying to pull its limp body along with its paws. You know,the red blood on its white coat makes me laugh. Such a good color red is with white. A small pool of blood is starting to grow into a puddle and my food is getting cold. Its naturel heat is dripping away due to the snow and ice. Better eat it quick. I tear it in half,gnawing of a leg,then the other,then a ear,then its head until it is all gone and only blood red ice shows where the creature died.

It is now I notice a black shape of a Pegasus,and another shape of a golden colored Unicorn. Leaving the red ice I take myself along a winding path to them.The snow beneath my paws reminds me of home. This is the sort of land I am always meant to be in. Though in Helovia life seems more interesting. Approaching the duo I make it a Trio,sitting in the snow and seemingly coming it at the right time. May I know your name as well sir?

"Lupus." I introduced himself,nodding in the directions of both.

OOC:Gonna give this first person thing a go:p

"blah blah blah."

LOCKET

The stallion seemed to be quite jumpy before him but he bowed and showed the kindness Locket had guessed he possessed. The panda child obliged and extended the same greeting by proffering his own head. Folds of curly mane scraping against the white floor in stark contrast. Green eyes melting in apology and amusement, he'd never thought himself scary before. Locket cleared his throat and spoke in his travellers drawl, "'evi! My name is 'ocket" and the chestnut was about to go on if it wasn't for a new voice and the terrifying smell that accompanied it.

Slowly and reluctantly, Locket turned to the wolf who had now appeared before them. Eyes growing wild and the whites becoming visible, the predator offers a name but Locket barely hears over the ringing in his ears. All he could think was to flee, to run all the way back to the Foothills where wolves didn't roam. Why had he come here? Wolves were bound to roam around this area of Helovia. Finally, alabaster lips prized open and a scream of fear left them. "WO'F! 'EVI RUN! WO'F!"

With that, Locket turned heels and bolted from the pair, making sure his hooves had carried him some way before pivoting on his back hooves to turn back and look for Levi and the wolf. Nostrils flaring and white ears forward, listening. Belly heaved up and down as the warrior finally took a moment to think. He wasn't sure why a wolf would come walking up to a pair of horses like that. So... Calmly. Didn't they normally creep and pounce of their prey? Maybe it was his own way of setting them up, maybe the wolf was waiting until they were comfortable in his presence and that make his kill.

Locket shivered at the thought.

[sorry for the wait! D:]

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

"Lupus." Snapping his attention towards another voice, the brute saw a wolf coming closer. A wolf? What was a wolf doing here? Levi had never really seen a wolf before, but he wanted to see if this wolf was friendly or not. If the wolf was unfriendly he would give him a lesson on how to keep up his act. Levi was not the type of horse that gave mercy to rudeness; actually he did not tolerate it at all so if this wolf were to be a threat to him or Locket, then he might just have to fight him off. Keeping his silver gaze towards the tawny shaded wolf, he nodded his head acknowledging his presence. “I’m Levi.” The grullo stated with respect.

Levi noticed that the stallion that stood before him had a panda companion. The companion looked young as well as the stallion did. The pandas red tinted pelt matched the different shades of brown that mingled in Locket’s pelt. A Reassuring green gaze trailed from the pandas eyes as he seemed to be a bit intimidated. "'evi! My name is 'ocket" The sudden vocals of the brown coloured stallion caught his attention. Levi had never heard such an interesting accent before and besides he liked Locket’s energy since he seemed to be just a fun going horse. Maybe that’s what Levi needed, a good easy going person to help distract him from his troubles. It might be the best answer since he might like to learn about the other two’s lives. Know more about their situations and what herds they came from… it was all a mystery that Levi was waiting to solve.

Since Levi had never really seen a wolf before, he was not sure if he should even slightly trust Lupus. He seemed to be alright because of the way he approached them, but it was still out going and forward. As Levi watched the wolf, he noticed the panda was very intimidated by the large wolf. Watching the two run away Levi thought of what he could do. Suddenly following the two, Levi stepped in front of the Panda boy quickly blocked a view from him. Glancing at the wolf he clearly spoke “Let me make something clear to you Lupus. Locket is my friend and you cannot eat him or even stare intimately at him. If I catch you gazing at him hungrily or I feel even the slightest bit intimidated you will meet your maker. Just making it clear, got it? Same thing goes for me, if you intimidate me to, just please know that I won’t hesitate to defend myself or Locket.” Nodding his head towards Locket, he reached his maw out telling him that it was alright to meet Lupus. “Don’t worry Locket, he’s not going to touch you. And it is a pleasure to meet you, sir.” Walking in front of the two, Levi kept himself alert watching Lupus. “Now I did not want to start off on the wrong foot, but anyway Lupus what brings you here today? Are you from a herd?”

[OOC: It's alright imi :3 no worries!]

"Talk talk talk."

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Levi,it seemed, certainly is more of a stallion then the Panda like creature that had bolted of screaming and shouting Wolf!Levi run!Wolf! I roll my eyes as the creature darts of and stands away from me and Levi,flaring his nostrils and snorting. I then turn my head to Levi as he drawls on about not eating him..and how he would defend 'Locket' bla bla bla. I am tempted to roll my eyes again as he starts to bore me. Does he really think I am listening to him?

I'm a wolf. I shell do what I want.

Now I did not want to start off on the wrong foot, but anyway Lupus what brings you here today? Are you from a herd? Now things were getting interesting. I turn my nose slightly towards Levi to take in his scent,which holds the trace of the Throat. The Throat. Boiling heat and hope to one of the most stupid creatures I have meet. Aryel. She honestly thought she could tell me,Lupus,to 'shoo'. What had she taken me for? As I gaze at Loki I lifted myself and start to prowl. I take my self under the belly of Levi,speaking as I went. My voice sly and dangerous. "And tell me,what would you do exactly if I had my teeth round his neck?" I emerge from under his legs,laughing slightly,glaring at Locket for a second before sitting and turning to Levi,my voice slightly kinder. "The Basin,and you?"

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LOCKET

Locket's gaze drifted between the wolf and Levi, his worried stance slowly beginning to relax but never fully. He didn't understand how a horse could stand so near the predator who was very capable of putting his own words into actions by rapping his jaws around their necks. Not that Locket was planning on letting the beast catch him. Slowly, with his curly tail held down and dragging it along the floor once more, he reapproached the pair with a careful caution. Ears flicking for any signs of movement, if there were, he would be out of there. No looking back.

Leaving a few yards between himself and the wolf, Locket stood nearest to Levi and reluctantly introduced who he was (to the wolf) and where he came from. Flecked green pools guarded "'ocket. I'm a warrior from the Windtossed Foothi's." Stressing the word warrior rather, in a meagre attempt to put the wolf off the idea of eating him. He wouldn't taste all that nice anyway, he didn't carry much weight and Locket was sure he would be chewy, tasteless. Alabaster ears flickered then to the mahogany steed with similar colour appendages, a questionable face as he wondered if he too was going to them where he was from.

Or he could just tell Locket. The wolf didn't need to know.

With that thought in mind an ear flicked down towards the canine with ferocious claws, and eye shifting his way. Basin? A strange name for a herd land. He wondered if it was full of wolves like this one, or whether it was just the herd range the brute stalked. Always waiting for one of his prey to fall foul or get left behind. Locket shivered and unconsciously nudged closer to Levi, he wouldn't be getting left behind that was for sure.

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

Levi's attention was more so appeared on Lupus than Locket. It was not that Levi did not like Locket, no, actually Levi liked him very much, it was that Lupus was acting sketchy and Levi had to be on guard the whole conversation or else Lupus could attack at any moment. Silver orbs blinked anxiously as he watched Lupus talk about where he was from. "And tell me,what would you do exactly if I had my teeth round his neck?" Anger raged from his stomach as Lupus tempted Levi to crush his guts. He knew what the wolf was doing, he was manipulating Levi and Locket, but for some strange reason, it was working on the grullo stallion. Since Levi was already hot-heated anything that was going to give him trouble he would stop it immediately. “Pathetic.” Levi answered aloofly. "Well then, Lupus, I would kick my hoof through your neck and let’s see if you would be able to wrap you little canines around anything, get the picture mutt?” Laughing from Lupus’s pep talk, Levi was now prepared for anything that Lupus might start to do.

This wolf was testing Levi to see where if he would lose control of himself. He knew that his mangy mongrel was looking for a dirty fight. That was no way to act in front of a new guest, but if it was necessary then Levi would take action to help Locket. "The Basin,and you?” Ah, so that was why he was so bullheaded. He was a basin pup huh? The basin was a herd of racist unicorns that were evil and wanted to take over the herds. If that was why Lupus was coming here then he was going to put up with a fight. There was no way the Basin would be able to take over the Throat, not on his watch. “I am from the Throat and I also serve them as a warrior.” Levi emphasized the word warrior because he wanted the wolf to get the hint. Levi also noticed that Locket was a warrior as well, then why was he running away from the wolf? He felt that locket would be able to fend for himself he looked pretty strong. His eyes narrowed on Lupus’s as he waited to see what would happen next.

"Talk talk talk."

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

I roll my eyes. Locket's poor speech was rather starting to annoy me,im pretty sure if I did have my teeth round his neck it would bring my pure joy. As for him being a warrior? I doubt he is any good. What kind of warrior runs at a lone wolf and still does not face him properly? Pathetic. The voice of Levi spat out from the side of me as I look at him with a cold hard stare,waiting for him to back up his comment. Anyway,if there's anyone who was perfetic around here it was Locket. Well then, Lupus, I would kick my hoof through your neck and let’s see if you would be able to wrap you little canines around anything, get the picture mutt? Mutt? I growl softly,hoping it will be enough of a warning to him.

I am from the Throat and I also serve them as a warrior. Both of them had decided to add there position on,maybe they thought it sounded more powerful,more scary. Ha. There was nothing scary about these two. I let a soft chuckle roll out from me as I lift myself up,taking a few steps forward,my head facing the ground,though my black orbs secretly watched the duo of horses whilst I walk forward then turn to the side Levi was at,ending up facing him. "You make yourself clear Levi but what if my teeth were round your neck?" I look to Locket. "What would he do?" I start to walk again,this time between the two. "And keep it in mind,I am a warrior to." My cunning smile never leaves my face.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic