the Rift

The Trickster's Way (Thor, Lakota, Sandman, Open)

Loki Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 4
teeroo

Loki
"That's the thing about loving a wild thing: Your always left watching the door"

A day of growing warmth had come to pass, a day of spring. The sun was shining, and the land was coming out of it’s frozen grave, springing back to life. Sunshine hit on the back of a black clydesdale standing tall. He moved with grace despite his large body. His eyes moved back and forth along the forest, looking, searching. His family had disappeared long ago, and he was still searching for them, but he knew in his heart that he wouldn’t find them. He had kept the thought in his heart thought, made a promise to himself long ago that he would never stop until he found them. With a sigh he drove the thought out of his mind. This was a new land, maybe a new world. He shouldn’t contemplate upon thinking of a forgotten past, one that might have not even existed in the first place. The past was a sore subject, and filled with a sourness that made others regret there actions and clarify them as mistake, and forever changed them into a sack full of self-hatred and lies. He wouldn’t follow or continue down that path, oh no. It was unhealthy for one to look backwards, and being upside down was even better than that, and was a good start. But looking forward was the only goal he had in mind, and he kept with it. He yearned to be himself again, and it was tiring to have to pretend to be something he wasn’t. He had acted nicely towards other travelers through passing and as partners, but he was bored of it. What was the fun of being nice? He didn’t understand it. His green orbs looked at the sun coming in through the canopy, grasping the rays and taking them into his body. His golden horns shined in the sunlight, and his wings glistened where the solar light hit them halfway. He was drenched in half-light and half shadow, as he should be. There was no better place for him, and many would soon to come find that out. He was always in the grey, in between everyone else. Unpredictable, some would say. But that’s the fun of it.

"blah blah blah"
"think think think"

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on Valentine's account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Loki and Angora, lines by tamme, colored by paddeh <3

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Lakota

Violet glows from the shadows of the Threshold, the only color in the darkness the trees cast for her. Sunlight may brighten the world, but shadows will always exist. Even in terms of those who walk the earth, this will always apply. Where there is innocence and kindness, there will always be cruelty and darkness. There may be a mixture of these traits within you, but it was what you did with them that mattered. Which side you strove to follow. Lakota's form seemed to have cursed her from birth, the darkness that traveled like poison up her legs. Even so the frost upon her spine was sign that even she was not purely evil, though she suspected she was on the very brink. Her siblings had been marked with the heavenly colors of snow, though only Hana could be considered innocent. She was the odd one, the princess of darkness, cursed with the blood of her grandmother. But it was a gift she now put to good use, slipping silent and unseen through the shadows cast by the ancient pines. Listeners ever ready to catch a whisper of something that was not inherently natural.

This time, sound would not alert her. Hawk eyes caught the form of a tall draft, sunlight glinting off similarly colored horns. It seemed she had been brought another playtoy. She'd never encountered one such as him, both winged and horned, but couldn't care less. She'd seen plenty of mutations, and if he thought it made him special then he was dead wrong. He was taller than her lean warrior frame, but she too was tall. He was only a hand taller, but she had her magic to fall back on. Not that she doubted her fighting abilities. Speed and agility would be pinned against brute force should they come to blows. Perhaps it was presumptuous of her, thinking these things, but she was a mercenary. A fighter. Intelligent enough to know that she should take stock long before greetings were spoken. Which should happen about...now.

Lakota melted from the shadows and stood slightly off to his side. Amethyst eyes judging him, and not afraid to show it. So she was judgmental and rather harsh in her ways. Get over it. "What is it you wish to accomplish here, stallion?" Cool voice like satin, as it would always remain. She had been a princess, well feared and therefore respected. Lakota would always speak like a devilish mix of serpent and queen. Midnight tail brushed similarly colored legs, ears halfway pinned. Showing that she was neither completely friendly nor oppositely so. Impassive, perhaps. Stoic. Observing his form with disdain, already bored of him. The blue that flared along the sides of the white and bled into the ebony flashing in the sunlight, showing off her roan colors. Bright violet orbs never breaking from his face. Though she hated to lead lost puppies to herds, there was always the chance he would be of use to the Grey. If he didn't bore her or piss her off, she would most likely help. In her own special way of course.

slime-stock @ dA  |  xxmynightmarexx @ dA  |  table- tay<3

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The bitterness of past memories drove me away from the Edge, though it still felt as if the mists clung to my heels and wrapped mercilessly around my heart. Some days I felt as if everything were just too much to bear, too much to take in… I wasn’t sure what it was about my past that nearly pushed me to insanity, but one day I was certain that I would find the cause. However, as of late, things had been getting better… Mirage was soon to return, Tamira was finally coming to reside with me in The Edge and I felt as if for once- I was whole. In the quiet of the Threshold, I found myself pondering all of the things that had given me so much life over the past year. I had been granted a marvelous home, a brilliant lead, and the most beautiful mare in which I shared my affections. If the Gods had not blessed me, then I couldn’t imagine the bliss I would experience once they did.

The early spring seemed fitting on Helovia as new sprouts of tender life began to emerge from the sod, peering up into the sky like small children seeking the light. It was a curious thing how life seemed to come and go throughout the seasons- it was nothing like the life I led. In fact, any life led here in Helovia of the equine nature. We all lived and died, but the beginning and the end were definite things, things that would never change when the seasons traded places. Sometimes I wished that it were that simple, to be given new life every spring and forget the past as if it had never really happened. But of course, there was no such thing, no such revelation that would inspire the essence of any one creature standing upon these grounds.

Ahead, the path seemed to narrow into the trees and the shade was pleasant upon my back. Misshapen wings shifted over my spine and I was hesitant to acknowledge their deformity, as I had yet to fully accept their fate. By now, I assumed that I would have grown accustomed to my flightless existence, but I knew that it would only be a matter of time until I found myself cruelly reminded of their futility.

However, all was quickly forgotten as the shadows emerged in the darkness ahead. There were two, one stallion and one mare. Their size and tunes were a dead giveaway, but I was reluctant to impose. Though, as I drew closer, it was hard to turn away.

He was a dashing black and built much like myself, tall and muscular. There was a glint in his eye that was unmistakably familiar, as if I had seen those eyes before, traced that face with my own gaze… The golden wingspan along his back was impressive, much unlike my own- though my family had doted upon both of us. It seemed as if everything were sliding into place, shifting into position and before I could stop myself, I had broken into the clearing. Something inside me raged and then died away, recognition becoming evident upon my face. Where had he been all these years?

I looked to the small mare at his side, clearly disinterested in her mere presence. She was not the one I was after. Again brown eyes gazed into those of green and my own voice seemed to throw me off guard, caught in a moment of surprise, of fear, of hurt…

My brother...

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hidden Account
teeroo

Loki

"That's the thing about loving a wild thing: Your always left watching the door"

His first victim appeared as his thoughts disintegrated. The odds looked upon him with favor today, and gave him a female. He was tempted to smile, but he didn’t. He didn’t want her to think he was up to something. Which of course, he was. He loved toying with mares the most. Since he wasn’t feeling like acting normal today, he decided to let himself play hooky. He saw the look on her face. She was staring on him with an expression of concentration, and looking at him up and down. Measuring him up against her. She was like every other mare he met, always worried about what kind of company they were in. This action made convinced his body to laugh, a light chuckle that was quietly echoed between closed lips.

“Do you like what you see miss?”
He let a small smile purse his lips, nothing more than that. He wanted to act shy with this one, like he didn’t know what she was going on about. She was in good company, he promised. Whether or not that was true even he didn’t know.

“There is no need to look at me with such displeasure. I intend to accomplish nothing so far, for I’m don’t know what is ahead of me. I stumbled upon this land like one stumbles upon all great treasures in life.”

Another small, shy smile came to his features. This time he stepped from the shadows, unfurling his wings to their full extend and letting the sun shine upon his semi-golden bodice. Even if he was a bit self-centered sometimes, he still thought he was good looking. But hey, why shouldn’t I? I am pretty gorgeous. Doesn’t hurt to be my own cheerleader.He looked toward the mare again, speaking in his normal tongue, sliding so easily from his lips; his trickery tongue weaves lies for him that he would never be able to unravel, never finding the beginning thread.

“One of my far off goals would be to find my family. I lost them long ago in a war, and I haven’t been able to find them since. I have traveled long and far in search of them. Maybe perhaps you have seen them? Miss...?”
He let his voice trail off, hoping she would offer he name. A good way to start introductions, and hopefully an effective one, that would lead to more conversation. He mentally cursed himself for talking about his family, but it was a true goal of his.

Suddenly movement caught his eye. Another draft came passing through the clearing, and spring towards him. He was familiar, and his wings were tiny. He resisted the urge to laugh, until he realized that those wings were those of his brother. The words had already touched his brain before the other draft said them, and he couldn't control himself. He launched himself towards him, whinnying and nuzzling him.

Brother!"he shouted, the noise echoing in the forest. "I finally found you! Where is Odin, Amora?” He looked at his brother, happy to see him. Life had come back to him, and he had a new purpose in life.

Acting Sexy
"lie lie lie"
"plot plot plot"

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on Valentine's account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Lakota

Chuckles shook his body when her words drew his attention, turning his head in her direction. When he opened his mouth to speak, Lakota fervently prayed to the gods that he wouldn't be an idiot. Please, for once, don't give me a bird brain! Don't test my patience! I don't want to waste my poison on some behemoth! Growling in her thoughts though her face never changed from the wolf stare, emotionless. It seemed the gods were laughing at her though, for what spilled from his maw was as idiotic and arrogant as she had expected. Snorting and flicking her ear in a rather unladylike fashion, clearly unimpressed. Ears fully flattening against her skull, uncaring if she appeared uncivilized. She wasn't a pretty little doll that fawned over big muscled stallions. "Hardly. You're far from impressive." Smooth words turning sharp and cutting, eyes hard. Arrogant, flirtatious stallions really rubbed her the wrong way. She had only ever fallen in love once, and he had been tortured and killed before her very eyes to make a point. If she ever did allow herself to love again, it wouldn't be for someone like him.

Small smile crossed his visage but she never removed her stare, unimpressed. There was no need to reply to his words, so therefore she didn't. Why waste valuable breath on such a stallion? Especially when she hardly spoke at all. If he did not seek a herd, or even valuable information of where he was, then she would let him stumble about Helovia until someone preyed upon him. Magic thrummed through the veins of Helovia itself, and he was foolish to think that mares would swoon to his hooves. Mares like Ktulu had proven that to her. Perhaps there was some hope for their gender after all.

Away from the shadows he crept, wings stretching out. Violet orbs never strayed from his face, pinning him with her stare. Hopefully once he realized she wasn't able to be wooed he would give up this foolishness. It only served to raise her hackles. He spoke of his family, but she held no pity for him. She'd been beaten down and tortured by her subjects when she had killed her father, and had fled her homeland half dead, leaving behind her beloved siblings to the cruelty of their herd. Face tightened at these memories, warning him subconsciously that he would be making a very bad decision if he continued on about family. "Lakota. If you want help, that is a different question." Voice telling him that nicknames and titles such as 'miss' or 'dear' would not be acceptable. Completely cutting off all attempt at conversation that he had clearly wanted. The Grey could easily and efficiently track down his family members, should he desire their services. Of course they would require payment, but business was something Lakota could manage without wanting to kill the people she dealt with. They were bothersome, boring, annoying.

Another stallion appeared, almost hesitantly. Bypassing her and locking eyes with the stallion she had been speaking with. She didn't care to ask his name, she honestly didn't want to know it. The hybrid turned, running towards the similar draft with a cry of delight to match the words that had been breathed by the former. Lakota nearly groaned. "Oh joy. A family reunion. Lucky me." Sarcasm lacing the hiss of her words, rolling her eyes and taking a few steps back to be cloaked halfway in shadow once more. Should they prove too sweet or mushy she would turn and disappear without a second though.

It seemed as if this day were bound to happen, as if two paths were destined to meet despite the odds. War had driven us apart and yet, peace had brought us together. It was not an ideal situation in which we had come back together, but at least it had been final, a moment in which I would come to look upon in later years. His eyes had widened, grown sharp with remembrance and I was giddy with the emotion myself. I was even tolerant of his nudges, touches, reminders of something that I had long ago outgrown. If I had chosen to forget him entirely, it would have been for the best. But this day had come and the memories were gallivanting back as if some strange magic had envisioned this, turned the tables… just for us.

Of course I hadn’t heard anything of Odin, our father. He had long since vanished from my thoughts and my timeline. But the look on my brother’s face was something that was hard to ignore, hard to inform… What could I tell him? That our father had died in war? Surely not. But there was no plausible answer to his strange disappearance from our lives. Forget it. It wasn’t worth worrying about now. Neither were the whereabouts of my own mother. Had she simply forgotten her son? Given him up for some gypsy way of life? Whatever her excuse, I wouldn’t be around to hear it. Her words were no longer worth my time.

I’ve heard nothing of either, though I am glad to find you well.” In that moment, I thought that I could nearly conquer the world, at least until the edgy voice of the mare brought me sky falling from my reverie. She was harsh thing, clearly designed for the darkness from hence she came. Something about her made my skin crawl and it was evident in the way I looked upon her. “Hold your tongue impatient mare. If you desire his quality time, perhaps you should seek it elsewhere.” The words were cold upon my tongue and I nearly spat at her, disgusted by the ill tone she had used at my expense. I cocked my face at her now, challenging her to say more, test my resolve as Myriad had done in the Edge. Not all would end in her favor, she would be smart to remember that.

Though, I had little else to ponder about the strange little mare, obviously outcast from any real purpose or home. Perhaps she deserved the title since she wore no familiar perfume, one that would define her as one of our nearby allies. But no, she was no Foothills mare, no Throat lade, and certainly no kin to the Edge. So I let her be, festering in her ill-temper until she was sure to self-implode.

Dear Loki, I am so surprised to find you here within Helovia, you must join me in the Edge after your wanderer’s heart finally tires.

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

It was rare, so very rare, for my slim figurine to venture away from the borders of my homeland. But that did not mean it never happened.

I left today in the tracks of another, a strong stallion who leant the strength of his body to us as a Protector, but longed to be a healer. Time would tell which way his path would bend; either course was honourable and I only hoped that he found contentment within the ranks soon. Thor, we had met upon the borders of our own homeland, uniting against fools who would disturb our peace. His large, titanic frame was easy enough to follow, my slim, pale chassis daintily stepping in his footsteps, some lengths behind him, but near enough that my ears do not miss what lays ahead.

A collection of words, and almost immediately tensions are stirred, tightened, and I am surprised to hear my own herdland mentioned as a sanctuary for this unknown beast.

Violet eyes peer around the bend of trees, and before me I see this; Two stallions, so different and yet to similar - related, of that I am now certain - and a mare, roan in hue, stubborn in stature and quick to paint her tongue with sarcasm and dry wit.

A brow of mine quirks upwards, curiosity painted upon my otherwise vacant façade. I dip my horn to the steed I know, stepping purposefully towards him - not so near as to suggest anything besides herdship, of course. "I trust you know to extend our home as a refuge only to those worthy to walk upon the sacred land of the moon, Thor?" My voice is gentle, soft, a whisper of a breeze, a harmony strung by an angel's harp. The question behind it carries a weight, a heaviness that warns the mahogany brute from endangering my home. With cool, clever pools switching their focus upon this Loki, I drink what I need in of his appearance, before deflecting to the mare.

"There is something more to you, isn't there?" Was it that I could see straight through her? Was it intuition? Or had I looked into the mists before this meeting, and known the outcome of these events before they even began to unfurl? My question was posed kindly enough, only with a gentle, subtle hint of my knowing nature tilting the tone of the words. An ear flicked, and I continue allowing my gaze to penetrate the roan's similarly hued pools.

Lakota

Why was it that whenever she tried to play nice and recruit people, they always ended up being foolish or one of them pissed the other off? Then again, she loved riling people up. She'd been told time and again that she had a poisonous mouth that would some day get her in trouble, but she loved that fact. Why should she care what other people think of her? She didn't have a lock or a filter on her words. She said what she thought and either you like it or you didn't. So for a while she merely lingered in the shadows, completely tuned out of their conversation and showing it clearly on her face. She simply didn't care what they were saying. Until the tiny winged brute spoke to her. Lakota laughed, a harsh sound filled with nothing but mockery. Grinning at him, as if challenging him. Daring him to do something. "Impatient? Oh it's so kind of you to compliment me, you giant pigeon. I wouldn't seek your sibling's company in any setting on any day." Sneering that part out as if it were vile to even hold the words in her mouth.

He was a funny sort, with tiny wings. Hence her calling him a giant pigeon. He truly was, a giant with pigeon wings. Why was she even hanging around again? Oh yes, because she found it amusing when people told her off. Even now violet irises were locked onto Thor, telling him quite clearly that she wasn't affected at all by his snapping at her. Lakota was very hard to insult after all, she'd heard every insult by this time. Just as she was growing too bored to stay, and already turning to leave, another appeared. A mare this time. Cranium bows to the steed she soon learns is Thor. Well isn't that nice. Her orbs are cool, collected as they sweep over the brothers. Not missing anything. If Lakota was ever forced into being a mute, unable to lash people with her tongue, then perhaps her eyes would be the same. Observant. Those irises turned to Lakota and the roan stood straighter. All words dying on her tongue as their gazes met.

Curiosity is budding now and she stared into the elder female's eyes. When she speaks, Lakota is reminded of every past wrong. Her fall from grace, from the innocence of childhood into the servitude and abuse of her homeland. A Princess beaten by the parents she is born under. Of her lover, the only one who had ever seen past the crack of her words and discovered that in fact she was really just broken inside. Tried to heal it, allowed her to feel once again. Stopped the poison of insults, the words she relied on to keep others away.

Then her eyes turn cold, remembering as he was killed. Tortured. He had never taken his eyes off her. Ever loving of her until his last breath. Then her own torture, her exile. Leaving behind her beautiful sister and her protector Alleo, her brother. It was as if this mare could see it all, and it brought it all to the surface. Wounded her heart afresh. Lakota's head moved higher almost as if she was spooked, facade cracking the tiniest bit to show the raw agony in her eyes. "There is always more than meets the eye." There, a simple enough answer. Lakota has taken a few steps back, letting the shadows crawl back over her. But she lets Hellena continue pondering through her gaze. Lets her see whatever she wishes, laying it down for her if she so wishes to see it. Gazes never move, and her high crown is brought lower. Her words are posed in a kind, almost gentle manner. Why Lakota is allowing this to happen she doesn't know. The stallions have been completely blocked out in her mind, focusing only on the seer with the similar orbs. Half of her wants to lash out and run, spitting curses. The other is intrigued, wanting to know what she sees. What she thinks of it, if she even sees something at all.

Hidden Account
teeroo

Loki

The stallion broke into laughter. It was not cheery, and fell around the forest, sinking like a stone. Deep and dark, the expression on his face looked to match the almost insane laughter. How dare those fools? Did they think so low of him? He was getting angry now. I sneer crossed his face. The first mare made him laugh, and he seemed to be in good company with her, but he would not take her attitude towards his brother. He knew she was trying to get him angry, so he ignored her completely. He instead made a snide comment to her.

“Hmph. Suit yourself then sweetheart." He snickered, and then turned his attention towards the other mare. He looked her over, unimpressed by her eyes, knowing that his own green ones could do the same, if they wanted him too. He was more upset by the words she spoke, and how she spoke them.

“And I trust you to hold you tongue when you don’t know exactly who your speaking to.” He eyed the mare with anger, making a threatening expression on his face. “It seems I’ve stumbled upon a nice welcome in this pathetic land. This happens to be my half-brother, and he wouldn’t extend his home and oh so 'sacred' land to me unless he knew better, you can be sure of that.”

He moved his head, still very angry, but not trying to get everyone upset. He knew better than to make his brother mad, for their fights would end in nothing but bleeding. He wanted to rejoin him more than anything at the moment, and he could tell this was going into a downward spiral fast.

“I’m sorry to say this brother, but I don’t want to join any herd land now. My wandering heart is not done. This is a new land, and new places have always interested me, you know that.” He smiled, showing his brother no anger. “I shall think about joining you in the place you call home. Maybe.” He looked at the white mare again, a disgusted look on his face. He was definitely not thinking about going to that place, dealing with her.

Acting Sexy
"lie lie lie"
"plot plot plot"

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sandman
Do you know who I am? Good, neither do I.

There were several reasons for a horse to wander the Threshold. To seek a new home was the obvious one, lost creatures desperately seeking a place to belong. Then, there were those who came in the hopes of ushering these vagabonds to a herd, to swell the ranks of their ‘families’. Then, there was Sandman’s reason. Sheer boredom.

Though, there didn't seem to be anyone worth bothering with here. He had seen the occasional scrawny specimen, and one rather violent looking unicorn, but he had no interest in such company. Why was it that in Frostfall he had managed to stumble across two lovely mares to distract him, but now in Birdsong there were none to be found? A sigh escaped the massive chestnut, and he lashed out with a forehoof in a rare display of temper. Yet, the motion was halted halfway when the wind shifted, carrying a most welcome scent to the stallion. The odor of several horses wove together, wrapping around him and luring him forward. Surely at least one of them would be worth playing with. One of the mares perhaps, or he’d even take a stag. It had been too long since he’d spent time in masculine company, and he was rather tired of being the knight in shining armor.

Words became distinct as he approached, some warm, some cold. There was potential here to cause chaos, to set the two sides against each other. Though, he wasn't in a very chaotic mood right now. Later, maybe, if he memorized faces and sought them out. It would be a simple enough task, should he decide it to be amusing enough. Figures were coming into view now, the trees reluctantly giving up their protective screen. First, the silvery dove, radiant against the green and brown trees, beautiful and delicate. She seemed almost wise however, someone who could see through the illusions of others, and that made her dangerous to him. Not a creature he wanted to stay near for long.

Next came a massive black and gold stallion, the current speaker, and this one captivated Sandman. Sneering, angry, yet reining it in. Then, more importantly, admitting to a need to wander rather than settle into a permanent home. An easy smile crossed the chestnut’s face as he sauntered forward. “Perhaps I could be of some help then. I’m somewhat of a gypsy myself, and I’d be glad to show you around a bit. Interested?”

Eyes flicker to the remaining two, evaluating them for entertainment value. The other draft pegasus, small-winged but still impressive, seemed a bit too tame, and carried the distinctive scent of World’s Edge. He doubted this one would want to roam around Helovia. And the blue roan seemed too cold, too fierce. Another lady he couldn't use. A pity, but unavoidable. Win some, lose some. At least the unipeg might be tempted to come with him.

He was certainly a sight to behold; all foolishness and childish naivety, though I was hesitant to think so coarsely of him because of our relation. But sometimes, it seemed that I doubted his character on more than one level. It was in my heart that I longed for his company back to The Edge, but at times I doubted his resolve. Perhaps it was a weakness of mine, always looking for perfection in places that were not always honorable. Though, it also seemed that while I hadn’t the courage to voice my own opinions, there was always someone who did.

Hellena was something of a welcome sight because I was more than happy to find her wandering beyond our home in The Edge. I had seen her but once while investigating the two mongrels who had come to play at our borders, in which she had appeared to be just as demanding as she was wise. But, I couldn’t help but wonder what had brought her to my company today, after all, my half-brother was certainly nothing like Tribute and his negro minion. However, as she spoke out against our reunion, it was hard to imagine her saying much else. It did somewhat surprise me, but it seemed she was nearly almost always associated with any affairs concerning The Edge. I had no reservations to her approach, but I did wish that my nomadic half-brother could follow suit. There wasn’t much that I could do to amend our Seer’s opinion on him after he had so strongly abused his powers and insulted her at length and there was certainly nothing that I could say in the way of defending him. I had devoted my time and effort into becoming a valiant member under Mirage’s rule and today, it would seem, was no different.

Looking at her now, so frail in the light of the new spring, I knew that I was faced with a choice. I could betray everything that I had worked for since the beginning of my time in Helovia, or I could support my blood in his moronic games in which he thought himself victorious. One day I would have to speak with him of benevolence and respect- but that was saved for another day. Instead, I nodded to my Seer, eager to appease her anxieties about Loki. “Family beseeches me, my friend. I should only hope that my Brother would respect my wishes enough to know how close The Edge is kept to my heart."

But, it would not appear so.

His sharp tongue was trilling yet again, lashing out as I knew he would to the harmless comment made by my superior. If contempt had been an expression that I wore more willingly, he would have seen it then. I was not pleased with his behavior towards Hellena, but I was forced to hold my tongue, knowing that reckoning with him would only bring more chaos. So it was easy to distract myself with the Seer’s interest in the stubborn mare that had come upon my own brother before I. Their exchange however, was little more than vague and uninteresting after the turn of events leading up to my current annoyance in Loki. It seemed like everything was happening so fast that I was even distracted enough to miss the approach of a Palomino draft.

He was a curious sight, as I had yet seen or heard of him before and so I was reluctant to lower my head and offer him greeting. But it was what was expected of me, as courteous as I was taught to be. He did, however, ease my restless mind, offering instead to assist my brother in his rather aimless travels. He had a wild look about him in such that his eyes were full of restlessness and unease. But in whatever situation, I only wished that my brother would learn from him and grow. After all, I hadn’t the time to spend on him with the nearing approach of Mirage’s return. “I understand my Brother and only wish you luck in your future adventures. I’m sure we are to cross paths at some point, perhaps when we have discovered our fates…

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

I had nearly forgotten my original purpose in arriving here, such was my intense focus upon the roan maiden. The glance we share may have only lasted a breath of time, yet that breath seemed to take eons to come to pass, as our violet eyes searched the other, spinning deep, wondrous tales, exposing everything and yet at the same time, nothing, about one's self. I like her, I am surprised to discover, I long to speak further with her, to see exactly what her stories would tell me, exactly what it was about her that captured my interest. I am only allowed a single breath of observation, however, as it seems the brother of my herdmate has recovered from his silent affliction to grace us with the deep melody of his voice - though I would liken the actual sound of his words to that of an off-key trumpet; empty, meaningless, with potential to do great things if only proper care was taken.

He threatens me, or at least, he tries to. I may appear frail, small, diminutive, before these titanic creatures, but the wisdom and knowledge, the years of trials and tribulations I have gone through would be all for naught should I feel affected by his pseudo-domineering presence. My attention has swivelled back upon him, my piercing eyes drinking him in and betraying perhaps a little bit of disappointment. It was always sad to see such potential go to waste, such a fine bodice, such perfectly crafted muscle, powerful wings and horns - all placed upon the mantle of an idiot who would call himself a God. A small, wispy smile curves my lips, for I know of Gods, intimately so. I look to Thor as he speaks, my eyes softening as they do; I preferred his calm demeanour and defective wings any day when compared to the trash that stood before us, trash that was attempting to behave like the treasure it might once have been.

"Blood is not the only definer of one's family." I have chosen to ignore the other stallion, this Loki, for now, as he speaks only jibberish, and too much of it besides. One day, perhaps, he would learn to engage his vocals only when necessary, and allow nothing but wisdom to drip from his lips. I truly doubted that would ever be the case, however. My sharp gaze swivels back upon this angry little tyrant, and though I may be shorted, the sheer weight of my knowledge, my experiences, my powers outshines his; it is something that cannot be changed or altered, not without interference from the Gods of this land, whom I so admire. I hold this Loki with my attention for as little time as possible, the thought of prolonging this awkward, futile encounter did irritate me.

"I was embraced by the Gods of this land before your life had even thought about being born; if you prove a threat to me or my kin, you will experience something akin to hell on earth." The words were spoken by my gentle voice, calmly, factual, and all the more deadly and serious for it. I spare one glance to Thor, before looking to the little mare once more. Another arrives, and it seems the issue of a home for Loki would be sorted by the wilds - which was fitting, for what place does a horse who thinks he is a god have amongst herdlands blessed by true gods? Once again I am drawn to the mare, and I long to spend more time with her, to learn about her, to see if she might even be willing to learn from me. There is wit about her, one that she hides behind a shell of sarcasm and hatred, but she shows me nothing of that, instead she seems to long for similar things that I do, if I were to judge by her gaze alone.

"The World's Edge; remember this." I speak only to her now, the others have faded to the background, my eyes only have sights for the roan. The sense behind my words is there, though only the wise would pick up on the many layers of communication they convey. I was asking this mare to join me there, not necessarily to join the ranks of our herd, but so that we might find solace, and further look into this puzzling sensation that had been found between us. I take my leave of this place now, for it is too close to the edges of our realm, too close to where the reach of the gods of Helovia expires. Lithe and nimble, my wraith-like figurine is absorbed by the wilderness surrounding us, and swiftly I make to return to my home; the land I was born to, the land I serve with my very soul.

Hidden Account
teeroo

[Image: loki_by_daemy-d5qkwq1_zps29da1fc7.png]

You were meant to be ruled

"I was embraced by the Gods of this land before your life had even thought about being born; if you prove a threat to me or my kin, you will experience something akin to hell on earth."

All else was lost on the young ebony hybrid. He thought about her words, looking at her as she stared at Lakota. What did she think he was, a threat? He had no means to go and destroy any part of her land. He enjoyed chaos yes, but not without cause. His brother called that place home, and he would respect that. He was more annoyed by her sayings than anything else. He looked at her directly after she spoke, keeping his voice void of anger.

“I know this may come as a surprise to you, but I mean you no harm. If I wish to join your herd I will, and I will respect your rules, no matter what. Your kin are safe from me, as one of my own blood lives and thrives there. I’ve experienced hell; it’s not as bad as you think.” Images of war, blood, death surveyed his vision. He knew what it was like to be in his own personal hell. To have to run for your life, or die on the spot, to have to watch those you knew slaughtered in front of you, hoping you were next. His family was lost to him since he was only a year old, and he had to live life without them, with no one for protection. He was beaten, taken, broken. He experienced emotion that he hadn’t felt before, and was close to suicide.

The only thing that kept him alive was his thoughts of his brother and father. His mother had died while he was young, and he knew that Thor’s mother had died in the war. She had died protecting him, but he didn’t want to tell him that. He asked him if he knew to wonder if he knew if she was dead, but it was true that he did not. He shook his head, feeling pain for his brother. He remembered when his own mother had died, the pain and loss he felt. He was only four months, and she had died in a raid, because of Odin. He pushed the thoughts out of his mind. He needed to be happy. He was in the company of his brother, and knew he would notice, and he didn’t want to explain it, that was a conversation for another time, in another place.

His attention was driven towards the new horse, and he moved towards him while the white mare was surveying the other one. This stallion was chestnut, which was a coat he hadn’t seen in a while. It was interesting to him to see wandering around to freely. The smell of the wilds was heavy on his draft body, but he liked that about him. He was pretty too. The thought occurred to the other stallion, in the back of his head. He paid no mind to it, but it was there.
“Hello there, it’s nice to meet another of my kind. I am Loki, and you are? If you were to show me around, I am indeed interested, I’ll put my tail in.

Acting Sexy
"lie lie lie"
"plot plot plot"