the Rift

Something with claws [earth god]

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
[may I use one of my VotG passes I won? :3]

The land curved and dipped, grasslands fell and mountains grew. The heat remained. Well beaten hooves carried the skinny form of Evers, who looked ominously at the spewing volcano. A land bridge had conveniently formed to connect the holy place to the mainland. The blue Campolina travelled across it, his ambling gait quickly negotiating it with no problem. Why Evers was journeying to see the Earth God was not entirely clear, he knew his mother approved of Archibald's malamute and the pressure now fell upon him to succeed too. The scholar would do anything his mother wanted him to do, and it made him proud if she approved of his actions. Steeper and steeper did the landscape become, magma of marvellous colours flowed right below him. Evers swallowed and walked on to the top.

Upon reaching his destination the skinny blue flicked his measly tail and wondered for moment how Archibald had bonded with his dog. It wasn't something he could touch, a bond, it wasn't visible yet it existed. Like a tie you would have to a friend, or family... But it seemed different somehow. More intimate. Evers had never asked Archibald what it was like having Loretta as a companion. Did they hear your thoughts? Can you understand them? Can the bond be broken? What is a bond? They were a few of a million questions already in the scholars mind.

He looked at the peaceful shrines, eyes settling on the Earth God's. His mind reeled with the thought of him not appearing. His mother would think him unworthy. She would be mad at him. Fear began to slowly bubble within him, like a ship caught in a wild thunderstorm.

[Image: everstable.png]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The God of the Earth

A tugging on his mortal coil alerted the massive stallion that yet another sought him out. How odd that the landlings seemed so interested in him all of a sudden. With a slight, sleepy yawn (summers were always quite dull), he erupted from the ground in front of his shrine like a tree seeking the sun. The massive stallion shook dust from his red coat and tossed his charcoal mane which hung thickly over his emerald eyes. He shook his wings a few times, leaves and mudclods taking wind and disappearing into the blue heat.

The stallion with the ram's horns looked over the one who called up him, finding the silver stallion skinny looking. Horns grew out of his neck instead of his head and the Earth God furrowed his brows. Was he some sort of defect? The product of perverse genetics? The Earth God reserved judgment. Perhaps he was stunning where he came from.

"Greetings..." he rumbled, voice like a waterfall. "What is it you seek?"

VoTG PASS USED

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I have begun to fluff out now. My hide grows sleek in its crystalline white and shiny in its gold. My blue brand of wind stands a stark and colorful reminder that I am Pegasus. I am several months old now and Mother doesn't visit me as much as she used to when I was still young. I have not seen my father since that first wonderful day. Father Earth has been sleeping much recently and my lessons which are given in riddles have been coming less frequently as well. He is slacking in his napping.

I may only be months old but even I see that Brother Sun has begun a burning heat fueled by anger. He is a tiger burning bright. But tigers, while stealthy, cannot always last long once they show their hand, lest they become burnt by their own fire. Father Earth will notice soon, like Sister Moon, and they will stop Tiger Sun. Though the Siblings Three are all old, having survived many cycles of the Earth, Brother Sun is still the one who most often needs chiding, like a silly child whose played too long. I am no such child.

A visitor arrives at the base of the shrine and Father Earth shrugs himself awake and leaves. I don't want to go out in the heat, but I'm somewhat bored, so I follow via passageway. I emerge to the sweltering glare of an angry sun, just right of the gathered pair. From here I get a good look at the visitor. He is small and skinny and has horns on each side of his neck. Unicorns have horns on their head, from what Father Earth has told me, so perhaps this stallion is a Sidicorn?
Whatever, I'll find out I suppose. I shrug and fluffify my wings before I walk around the side of the rock to reveal my growing golden and white body. I bounce up to the side of Father Earth and strike a strong stance next to my Master before I cannot help it and, after Father Earth has finished speaking, blurt out, "Sir, what are you?" in a voice far too unlike a stallion for my liking. The voice being still high and soft. I grimace inwardly but wait to see if he'll answer. Father Earth has been lecturing me recently upon what is ok to be said and what is not but. Quite frankly I don't understand much of the whole say this and say that nonsense but asking questions is always allowed so I think I'll be fine here.

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
Evers watched in wonder as the god appeared before him, the immense presence of him made the little blue feel like a pea compared to him. He had horns so different from his, ram like and grew from his head. The wings he shook looked powerful with its earthy contents. Shuffling forwards, Evers thought about what to say for a moment then proffered his head in greeting. "I seek a companion, one who is not too dissimilar to me but canine in species. So I may be of better use to my family." He pictured the skinny blue/grey greyhound in his mind, its elongated face and keen nose with speed to match. The scholar waited for the Earth's reply, until another stepped into his presence.

He was a colt, a pegasus colt at that. Eyes slid to this new youthful appearance and Evers wondered what he was to the Earth God. A son? Did they even have progeny? Could they? The questions kept rolling when Eios spoke. "Sir, what are you?"
Evers almost choked on the irony of the question. What are you? Strange question, but the little stallion wasn't the most seemly in appearance. A six horned unicorn instead of the normal one or two wasn't seen very often. He blamed his corrupt, ever increasing, family for his appearance. What normal unicorn was born with six horns? What was he supposed to do with all six of them? Body slam someone? What was his purpose? Again the same impossible questions to answer. He had many, they increased each day as his thoughts moved. "I am the legendary six horned unicorn!" He smiled kindly at the child. He could of left of the 'legendary' but that wouldn't of been as fun.

[Image: everstable.png]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The God of the Earth

The God of the Earth nodded to the newcomer when he mentioned wanting a companion for such a noble purpose. He smiled and tossed his colored, dark mane, sighing a breath of dust that smelled of freshly cut grass. The great God closed his eyes and saw into the mind of the sad, purposeless roan. He would find his purpose soon enough; companionship always brought a sense of duty. "Something like... this?" he asked.

With a great breath, the God unsettled the earth at the feet of Evers, and it took the form of a lean, fast canine with large, almost eyes and a long, delicate snout. Two, large female eyes stared with undying loyalty at Evers, but they were made of earth, and once more, earth she became. "Though she seems to enjoy the female gender, it can be persuaded to take a male form. Your preference, really." The God of the Earth was about to speak again when a pale, pegasus colt made his presence boldly known.

"Greetings..." he rumbled, brows furrowed. He smiled and chuckled when Evers introduced himself as a legendary stallion, and the Earth God nodded in agreement. "Young pupil, I am granting this legendary stallion's request." The God of the Earth then turned once more to Evers. "Bring me waters from the river in the Thistle Meadow, dirt, from the Dragon's Throat, and fire, from the Heart, and I will create this companion for you."