the Rift

blood will have blood

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Deimos was as patient as he was dangerous, a formidable, cool, pernicious exploitation of chaos and disaster, of bedlam and hell, of infernal glee and tumultuous scintillation. He waited amongst the runes and ruins of the Edge, he waited while the emptiness of his enchantments simmered, then subsequently renewed, and he waited until the world turned a blind eye to his puissance – and ran. He breathed treachery, crooned potency and became immersed into the terror, the fear, the peril of virtue personified, that ran over the turmoil of his heathen body, the irreverent existence of rapier brevity, of sharp, piercing cutlasses, of the hushed spirit of devilish insurrection and wicked depravity. The ravenous coils of his suffering, of his loathing ignited and burned, the callous corruption of his discarded soul ravaged and ravished, and the malicious discord, the menacing, cruel artifice of his creation preyed upon the unlocked corridors. The diabolical debacle of his abduction and chains had torn against his ferocity and plunged into his blackguard turbulence, but he’d been tolerant, resigned, forbearing as the links weaved their pious whims over his skin, sliced into the yearning chords of satanic demise, composed as bedlam chilled in reverent, sullen silence. Yet, as many sinister, nefarious inclinations and machinations, scions of Mephistopheles, could relate, there was only so much tolerance, only so much indulgence, only so much acceptance, and now he sprung upon the carnage and wreckage of his longing grandeur, the decadent opulence of iniquity, licentious devotion. Tartarean guile and fiendish design carved and sculpted the embodiment of his escape, the clamor, the din, the dissonance of his undulating fury returned, the brutality, the savagery, the abhorrence pulsed amongst the unholy clamors of predacious sinew, of glorious, clawing, ripping, rancorous barbarity. Finessed forbidding, hedonistic elation, antagonistic distortion, he transgressed and sinned all over again, stoic, elegant reticence into the immoralities of entropy, disorder, ruin and collapse – and for once, he wanted something, aching and craving for the pending, augured, presaged doom, the severe strangulation of a realm, kingdom, and palisade he’d once protected.

The boughs, glades, and copses forgot about life as they touched his frame, the winds, flowers, and saplings stole away from his choking, mangling structure, and the devil whispered his delight as the blessing of his oeuvre, of his satanic statue, of his ethereal opus, controlled the whims of his gift, his curse, again. Sumptuous and vivacious, a welcoming purr of influence, supremacy and annihilation, he cherished the touching, scorching malediction as delicious ambrosia, drenching each vein, each muscle, each portal of flesh in its infidel regime until he was the vessel, the harbringer of death, the Grim Reaper, the scythe and sword, the eternal demise again. It murmured and bled into the atmosphere, unfurling vespers of the damned, coiling allure of the condemned, the hazardous snare of mortality, slinking and drinking in the tides of the universe, leaving a dissolute, depraved trail of death in the wake of chaos, destruction and devastation. He allowed the forceful reign of necromancy to fester, surround, pervade his soul, wither and decay the surfaces he sinuously serpentined over, crossed and commanded. Vengeance, remorseless and barbarous, laced, layered and lacquered the enamel of his impassive resolve and reticent features, stealing life from limb, breath from lungs, decency from grace, divinity from heaven. The earth, borders and fringe, became soaked, stained, in his ardor, in his craft, in his diligence of contempt and loathing, but he didn’t stay to view and witness its quietus, and instead, dared the world to give chase, to meet their own ends at the hands of his predator amore, carnivore rapture, raptorial reverie.

[Escape thread.]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

It was the silent, agonized scream of dying trees that roused him from his sleep.

Did you ever hear a tree cry in horror as its very life was sucked away, leaves shriveling and roots rotting at the mere passing of a mortal? Neither had Lace, and it made the awakening all the more disturbing. Because the sensation that oozed from the forest made his skin crawl, set the teeth on edge and made him push away from the flowering giant he had been leaning against, only to turn on his heels and run towards the borders. Fajira was, as always, more perceptive than him, quicker to react; when he was still blinking the sleep from the eyes and meandering around mist-veiled trunks, her white-scaled tail soon disappeared into the mist, leaving Lace behind to find his own way to the source of the unrest.

When he found it, just before the borders of the World's Edge, the fear of the trees became very reasonable indeed. This captive that Rishima somehow had managed to ensnare and bring into their home was very dangerous, and not in the normal cunning or well-trained warrior way. He reeked of death and corruption, spread destruction wherever he went and left a trail of whithered plants in his wake like a brown, shriveled scar through the woodlands. His intent was clear, undoubted, and there was no need for thoughts to pass from Lace to his dragon before she took action to prevent it.

Fearlessly she beat her slender wings and dove in to cross the path of the black reaper, inhaling deeply only to summon forth a surging torrent of fire that burst from her opened maw. A line was drawn, searing hot as it set the grass, the shrubs and a few branches ablaze, only adding to the chaos of pained wood. Fire was better than a dark plague though. Fire brought life once more, as ashes nourished the earth and invited new plants to the exposed earth. An opportunity for seeds to grow, herbs to develop... The speared prince of darkness did no such thing, and it was a shame that he couldn't be allowed to simply leave to take his destruction somewhere else.

Screeching viciously, daring the black unicorn to try and cross the flaming barrier, Fajira quickly retreated into the air, to keep an eye on the flames and make sure they wouldn't die or spread - and so that she wouldn't be struck by the lethal magic again. Once had been one time too many; she feared the General of the basin, and rightfully so.

The silver grulla had to swallow the taste of his own fear as he barreled out and blocked the path of the prisoner, ears flat against the poll and with an icy, determined look upon the face.

"You're not going anywhere, demon" he snapped, having no patience to form kind words or temper the tongue with this stallion. "Your freedom will be granted once the DragonHeart is safely returned to the Edge. No sooner, no later."

There was no room for discussion in his tone, nor was it mercy that sang in the creaking of trees as their branches slowly began to twist and stretch their fingers against the living death, frightened but forced to act brave under the merciless pressure of the Glaziers magic. He wasn't using it on the stallion; not yet. But if the wall of dragon fire separating him from the freedom he might hope to find on the other side of that border wasn't enough, Lace wouldn't hesitate for a second. Wood could be made hard, and it wouldn't be a difficult matter to form a lance from twigs and roots - more than capable of penetrating the skin of a rebellious unicorn.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I am roused from my casual grazing by the chaotic shouting of desperation and determination. I lift my black gaze from the swath of green strewn before me like a cheap buffet. I see the glittering scales of the dragon caught in the sunlight, a turbulent array of beams stabbing haphazardly through the fog, before my gaze yields the commotion.

Death is on the loose.

I start, exploding into droplets of ink which scatter like blood spray on my meal. Art is my only crime today, mortality my only death; I rise as a small dragon into the air. I am pitch as black and as iridescent as silver fish, but the beauty and the wonder of what I am is not long recognized by the truth. I am not a dragon, not truly. I am a mere drawing, a scrawl, a scribble, of the mighty beast. These are not scales flickering on my backside but droplets of ink whirling off my body as I fly madly into the mists.

I must find Rishima.
She is the only one who can stop death.

I can only hope I am in time for Lace to retain his life, and we our bargaining chip.
I must admit I am confused. I remember eavesdropping on the bargaining not long before, and had thought the deal had been set. We were but waiting on the simple act of conducting the trade as far as I knew, yet this blight chooses to flee, selecting the hour when his guard's eyes are turned, likely content with the inevitable swap and heavy with the task of containing such a behemoth of war.

I press my beak together in despair and hatred and I fly.
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.