The Wicked End [Moon]

Varath Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 3 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: ENDURE
redgod

VARATH         

But sometimes out of nowhere
There's demented sounds of laughter

Varath had aged during birdsong and tallsun. He was no longer the gangly newborn. He stood relatively tall for his age, proud, and the crimson and black mane on his neck was long enough to begin falling over. Just a little. Still, his body had yet to grey out. He was jet black and crimson, like his grandsire whom the colt immortalized.

He jogged south, away from the Foothills where his parents forced them to stay, captivated in boring-land. In open defiance, he moved to the Veins, eager to see the burning blue ocean and the gods whom everyone spoke of. The God of the Sun's wrath was not something he truly understood as he was generally unaffected. Paladin had made sure that the colts were well taken care of, something Varath did not realize.

The darker twin shot his brother a wicked grin as they walked across the land bridge. "I want powers like father," he said. "To cause people pain. But I will actually use it, unlike him" What he wanted was the ability to cause phantom pain, phantom pain that could take many shapes. If he wanted to make someone feel like they were drowning, he wanted to make their lungs burn. No permanent damage of course, but the mind was a powerful thing.

The boys arrived at the shrine, and he looked up, spying a more sinister look. "What do you say we call upon the dark, Vadim?" he asked, tossing his horned head proudly.

Credits

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

VADIM         

twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
blinded by me, you can't see a thing

As he aged his markings became more and more pronounced. The powdery blue they were at birth was becoming darker as was the blue tips of his mane and tail. Like his brother he had grown into a lanky colt. The muscles that were beginning to show beneath his coat foreshadowed the fighter that he would grow to be. Unlike his father he would fight purely for the glory and thrill of battle.

The trip was made mostly in silence, which suited Vadim just fine. His mind was heavy with thought about magic and the possibility of actually being visited by a god. Varath's voice rang out between them and Vadim rotated an ear in his brother's direction, a smirk crossing his face at his brother's desires. "I want the power of illusion." he said to his brother. "Imagine being trapped in a world of complete illusion with no control over anything. That's what I want."

The brothers lapsed into silence again as they moved toward the shrines. When they finally arrived Varath was the first to suggest calling upon the dark. "The dark suits us well, Varath."

Credits

Icon by Tay

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

"Is that so?" Murmured a soft voice that seemed at first to come from all around the two young unicorns. Small colored lights danced around them, before coalescing before them into the figure of a mare of silver and lavender, feathered wings and spiraling horn. Pale eyes regarded the youngsters calmly, as her long tail twitched gently.

"And why is it that you seek these magics?" She had been listening, of course, and knew of the magics they wished to possess. Yet she wished to know more about these two young stallions who wished to be able to wreak such havoc.

Varath Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 3 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: ENDURE
redgod

VARATH         

But sometimes out of nowhere
There's demented sounds of laughter

The young colt's two colored eyes bolted open, and he snorted loudly as a strange, feminine voice broke through his conversation with his brother. He glanced at his brother and then looked at the strange, interesting goddess. She smelled like nothing he had ever experienced before; soft and ethereal. No normal smell of earthen textures rested in her air, and her aura was unsettling with its ancient wisdom.

Though he was young, he felt like a newborn in her presence, and that was highly unsettling. The colt narrowed his eyes slightly in his discomfort, and if he had hackles, they would be bristling. Instead, he lowered his face and took a few cautious steps forward, looking into the sphinx's eyes of the goddess. Why was the god of darkness female?

"There is too much order in the world," he replied, his voice deep for a young colt. "There are leaders and followers, doctors and medics, warriors and generals. Everything is in a hierarchy and has too much... " he trailed, seeking the right word. "Structure."

Varath stood close to his brother and lifted his neck proudly. "I want to operate outside of these rules. And my brother is my only confidant."

Credits

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

VADIM         

twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
blinded by me, you can't see a thing

Vadim's ears lay plastered to his head at the sudden interruption of a female's voice. He looked at her, unsure of what she was at first. Why was she purple? Horses weren't supposed to be purple, it wasn't natural. Then again she was a goddess. A goddess of darkness. There was nothing natural about her.

As she asked them why they wanted the magic they did he began to rack his brain to figure out a reason good enough for the goddess. His brother answered before him, which drew Vadim's attention. He listened intently to his brother before his head spun back to the goddess. It was his turn and he didn't know if his answer would be half as good as his brother's was.

"The world is big and we are small." His voice wasn't nearly as deep as his brother's even though he tried to make it. "Everyone bigger than us controls everything around us. I want to make my own world to control."

Credits

Icon by Tay

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

There was a brief expression of amusement that softed her features for a moment as she observed their startled reactions to her abrupt appearance. Her brother was always one for dramatic entrances, but a more subtle approach could sometimes be so much more satisfying.

Politely she listened as they spoke, explaining their reasons as she'd requested. For several long moments after she studied them, allowing the silences to stretch to perhaps uncomfortable levels. At last, she spoke again, her voice low and even. "I see. Well, if you really wish to have these magics, I have a task for both of you. Spend the rest of the season as outcasts, without any contact of the structure that bothers you so. Then return to me once orangemoon has returned and tell me what you have learned as your own masters."