the Rift

It Is What It Is [Friends of Rome, Open!]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

It was nice to return to the Foothills after her time away… Stepping past the border of her land, Romani paused, taking in the familiar sights and smells of her home. There was a slight breeze on the wind, toying with the long shoots of grass and the leaves on the full trees. Her ivory mane whipped back and forth as the wind played with it, nostrils flaring wide as she took in every smell. It was strange, she figured, coming home, for it had felt like she had been gone for so very long. How long had she been gone, anyway?

With a snort, Romani turned her attention to the cub at her feet. Despite the long journey from the Secret Grove back to the Foothills, little Kasai had held her own along the way. They had rested more often than Romani would have if she was travelling alone, but the young cub needed to keep her strength up. The cub’s still-blue eyes took in the land just as well, and the look upon her face made the Haflinger chuckle softly. Along the way back home, Kasai had stopped them multiple times, to play with an innocent butterfly fluttering past, or even stopping to romp through long grasses. The cub had a bubbly, obviously enjoying playing, but sometimes Romani found herself wondering just what Kasai would be like once she grew older.

“This is our home, Kasai; the Foothills.” The cub looked up at her with confusion, then gave a small, unassuming yawn. Once more the palomino chuckled and she shook her head, tossing the obtrusive forelock from her azure gaze. “You’ll like it here, I promise… Come along, then, maybe we can find some nice grass for you to play with, and for me to eat.” With that said, Romani continued the way, Kasai obediently following behind.

The pair moved through the plains of the Foothills in silence. While the warrior spoke often to her cub, she couldn’t help but wonder if Kasai even truly understood what she was saying, but thinking deeply on it, did it matter? They had a special bond, tiger and horse, and it was something that Romani would treasure. Feathered hooves finally came to a stop beside the river, downstream from the roaring torrents of the waterfall. The last thing she needed was for little Kasai to tumble into the river and get swept away by the harsh current…

Lowering her head, she nudged the white tiger with her muzzle, eyes sparkling as Kasai’s curious head whipped around to face her. “Here we are. Now, you can play, but stay close to me, understand?” The cub, once more, gave no indication that she understood and instead turned around, crouching down in the thick grass as she spotted a grasshopper. In one bound the cub leaped over and pounced upon the unsuspecting insect. Lifting a paw to inspect her prey, Kasai gave a little growl of pride before proceeding to eat the bug. Romani made a face.

“That’s disgusting, Kasai…” While true, Romani was inwardly pleased at how well the cub was doing, fending for herself, even if it was just catching insects. The Haflinger then began to graze, tail flicking occasionally to ward off the flies that danced around her hide.

[OOC: This is open for anyone to join, but I really want Romani’s friends to hop in, especially since she has amnesia and doesn’t remember Abdullah and Nayati. :D]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Abdullah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Abdullah

I can not begin to say how wonderful it was to see her moving across the Foothills lands again. It seemed she hadn't been home in days, or I was too blind and lost in my love for nature to have noticed her palomino colors among the green grass. The tall blades of wander that tickled at my low cannons, often times only covering the tips of my hooves. In this wonderful weather though it seemed the greenery would grow bountiful.

Tendrils of her voice fell upon my ears and I listened as I stood upon the hill. Behind the creek she headed for. I leaned my fine shoulder against the tree next to me and I waited. My scent should have traveled to her nares, crafting a rather familiar smell in her cranium. Waiting for her to realize I awaited to see her turn and for us to run together in excitement and pure love in a friendship, seemed a forever wait. Romani was intrigued by a cub, in which the way she acknowledged the dear was easy to tell she had a new companion. Maybe taking care of the cute bundle was more interesting to her than my scent. Or maybe she was too involved to realize her surroundings.

Romani's face turns sour almost as if she scolds the cub and from this distance I can only tell the small child has eaten something from the earth. From my wait I become anxious. Pulling from the tree and nickering loudly, a loving greeting before I push with my hooves and travel quickly down the hill. Running towards my friend with sky blue eyes locked on her own deep blue. I slow upon my reach to the river, feeling the cool water hit my hooves with a splash. I playfully toss my head her way, reaching over the river "Romani!" my tones an exclamatory statement, so full of joy and life "It has been too long since I have seen my greatest friend."

Romani

Pulling the sweet grass from the ground, Romani chewed thoughtfully, losing herself in the moment. The breeze was gentle and calm as it moved through the air, carrying the smells of home across the land and to those that lived there, and the Haflinger couldn’t help but take advantage of the nice, wonderful weather. Behind her haunches, little Kasai went from playing with long blades of green grass to trying to catch the stray strands of the mare’s ivory tail as it flicked from side to side. Never was the cub successful, but Romani couldn’t help but chuckle at her efforts.

Lifting her head, she spoke softly. “A good try though, sweet.” She stated, and lowered her head to continue grazing. The direction of the breeze shifted in the next few moments, bringing forth a new scent to her nostrils that the Haflinger didn’t recognize, and her ears flicked back as the sudden sound of an unfamiliar nicker and approaching hoof beats caught her attention. Jerking her head up, Romani took a step back, her azure eyes sharpening as a strange Arabian mare approached.

Behind her, Kasai froze as if in fear, her blue eyes landing on the form of the approaching mare with trepidation. A small hiss escaped the feline’s throat and she scampered fearfully underneath the protection of Romani’s bulky body, and that was fine. The mare that was approaching was unfamiliar to the palomino, and if Kasai would be safer beneath her, then that was where the cub could stay. Azure eyes turned somewhat confused as the grey Arabian came to a stop in the cool water of the river, tossing her head in an obvious playful manner… It was almost as if this Arabian knew her, but that was impossible, for Romani hadn’t seen her before in her life.

That previous thought was only confirmed when the Arabian spoke. ‘Romani! It has been too long since I have seen my greatest friend.’ Romani paused, ears swiveling around to face forwards, and the warrior’s head tilted slightly and resulted in her forelock to dangle before her gaze. Friend? Who was this mare?

“I’m terribly sorry, ma’am,” Romani responded uncertainly, her tail flicking to gently caress Kasai’s cowering frame, “But I’m afraid I don’t know who you are. Have we met?” Beneath her, the white and black cub peeked out, hissing once more, although the sound was completely harmless.

[OOC: Oh, my God, that was terribly hard to write… D: I feel so AWFUL for Abdullah right now, you have no idea!]

Abdullah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Abdullah

Moving from the top the pin of her ears was an awful sight to churn my stomach and make me quiver beneath my coat. Maybe I was at fault to address her today, she looked awful busy eating that grass... but don't be silly. This is Romani for Pete's sake, even though I don't know who Pete is, but this is unlike her. The head toss, my play and inviting tones, and only when I addressed her as my greatest friend did she look upon me curiously. I can not explain the awful feeling that twisted inside my gut and rudely played with my emotions. I reassured myself she was only kidding, even with the growling cub I focused upon her. Worry upon every inch of my face.

She is kidding, she must be. It is took kind and kidding in her voice, or perhaps that is her own unsure feelings. It was only until she asked, have we met that my nerves friend and I became frantic. I stepped forth through the water further to her. My front hooves stopping on the grass as my back ones continued to make the water move around them. I flicked my maw her way and nodded up and down playfully once more "Oh don't be silly Romani!" I said. Eyes filling with sorrow and worry.

Romani's tones were not playful they were honest. Too honest for me to feel anything but sadness. I am hurt by this notion from her. I can't honestly remember the last time someone did not want to claim me. My father would be the last of those memories. I can feel tears forming behind my silky blue, those orbs began to become slick with salt water. My lips quivered in an all to familiar form. "You are joking... correct?" my tones like that of a scorned foal. My stomach sickening as I can feel it twist and knot. What kind of shit is this!?

[ooc- Abdullah's like "ohmehgawd" lol she's sooo gonna cry! :/ poor gal]

Romani

While Romani didn’t recognize the dappled mare before her, her gut couldn’t help but twisting painfully when she spotted the positively crestfallen look come across the Arabian’s face. Azure eyes watched as the grey moved closer to her, churning the water with her hindquarters and causing waves to ripple and bounce through the moving waters of the river. Romani felt awful, she truly did, but what could she say?

“I’m sorry,” she began, uncertainty and sorrow plaguing her voice, “But I’m afraid that I truly don’t know who you are.” None of this was making sense to the Haflinger. This Arabian, a pretty thing with such a delicate build, was looking at her as if she had broken her heart. Had they met? Were they friends? No, it was impossible… She didn’t remember ever meeting this femme before her. Yet, the Arabian knew her name and spoke it with such affection, such love and pure devotion, that Romani couldn’t help but question just what was going on.

Beneath her, Kasai still cowered, uncertain what to make of the newcomer. Her little pink nose twitched as she took in the other equine’s scent, but otherwise didn’t move. Whiskers twitching and mouth opening once more to show off sharp incisors, the cub hissed, a relatively pitiful sound considering her age and size.

Shifting slightly, the compact mare swallowed thickly, unsure how to go about this. “I really am sorry, dear, but I’m afraid I don’t recognize you. Have we met before? You know my name, and you smell of the Foothills…” The expression that the Arabian still wore upon her face was heartbreaking, and Romani found herself wanting to erase it immediately. “Could… Could I ask your name? Perhaps it will help me remember?”

[OOC: All. My. Feels. D:]