the Rift

Ever-changing skies || Cera

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

A collection of paws and hooves dance across the red base of our home, happiness etched into every step, jubilance scribed in every jump, bound, buck, kick and barking bite. I chase the dust she kicks up, my long tongue lolling from my jaws, yipping at her retreating frame, barking with victory as she returns to me. Great flaps of her beautiful wings takes her away from me, but I linger in the shadow she casts upon the ground, always pleased to see her return. She is a stunning creature, her coat as patchy as the clouds that drift across the skies, with blues and undulating waves of ivory streaking her weather-patterned hide. We stand still for a moment, and I lean myself against her strong forelegs, rubbing my nose against her, happy for the intimacy of our togetherness to be reinstated again.

The heat of our desert home reminds me of my birth place, only there, the heat was worse, a thousands times worse. Hell was a realm of constant burning, constant hunger, plagues, death, agony, torture - I did not miss it. The dry heat of this realm is like a holiday for me, a vacation I plan never to return from. My eyes roll upwards, beholding my cherished bonded with adoration. I am young still, my form is lanky, where hers is slowly filling out, I have only just begun my growth in a vertical direction. It matters not; our hearts beat in synchrony, and I am sure that in time, our minds will come together too.

"What do you think, Sitka?" My tail sweeps the sand as it wags at her, my only way of responding, and though I can proffer no clear answer, no clue or hint as to what I may be thinking directly to her, I manage to pull a smile from her lips, and that is enough for me to happily continue the to-and-fro motion of my tail across the desert. "He wants me to stay away from war. How can he even say that, when he is the General?" Her smile is short-lived, I am unhappy to see the sadness warp my bonded's façade into a melancholy disposition, as I recall the interaction she recently had with her, no, our father. He had requested her to take up a trade, a craft, in creating things that did not include the destruction of war. Or else the arts of healing, he had implored her most desperately, to seek something aside from the dangers of physical combat.

So she had conceded, at least, to his face. But within her heart, beating beneath that plump, blue-and cloud-white breast, was the soul of a warrior, a protector, my saviour. I did not begrudge her passions, instead, I helped her train, I gave her something to chase, to dodge, to run with and run from, at least while she kept to the ground. Still, she had dutifully made contact with Onni with regards to becoming a healer, to learning the arts of restoring health as opposed to taking it. My little stormcloud would make an interesting healer, I think; she was just as likely to beat someone up as she was to healing them. It amused me, though I wish she could feel this amusement too, then perhaps I would see a smile grace her lips once more. We look to the horizon, the midday sun still high in the sky, our thoughts distracted, on matters of heart and righteousness.. And mine drifting towards my next meal.

[ For Cera <3 ]

larfsalot.deviantart.com

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
    Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
    Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

A sort of jittery fear has taken over the innocent face of the child that wandered across the red sands. Where one laughter and joy painted his sweet face, a dark sort of suspiciousness has taken root in its depths. Even as he trilled and laughed and sprang about as he always had, the cherub never strayed from the borders now. Should he ever find himself startled his first instinct now was to run for dear life to the side of his father. It affected him in little ways, but even so he was a bright ray of sunshine to match their desert homeland. d'Artagnan's attack had left a scar that stretched over the entire width of his chest, and it pained him to see it in the oasis now. But no. Today was not a day for succumbing to his inner nightmares. Today, he would gallop over the sand and let the wind and the sky help him forget all that had happened to him.

Long spindly legs that will never be a source of great power draws him along the bottom of the only home he has ever known. The only home he ever hopes to know. Frost and sandy mane snaps and flutters as he only increases his pace, impossibly green eyes sparkling like the gems they are so often compared to. His wings have remained a brilliant white for moons now, the blood that once stained the innocence of his feathers long since washed away. Flying lessons have been going well, and it bonds him further with his father and the intriguing Hototo whom he is quickly growing fond of. It is today that he practices, strong downward strokes that push him into the skies as he is close to sprinting. Keeping him aloft for long moments before he inevitably must land.

Sadness and disappointment have stopped clouding his emotions when his hooves touch down. His inexperience will fade away with time, and his thin, nimble body would give him the advantage in the skies. Fluffy bundle clings tightly to his back and mane, and Cera knows that his dearest companion has long since learned how to hold on when the colt simply needs to fly. Either over the sand or in the skies. She is hidden in the small space between his wings, claws holding tight to his mane. Cera is only now starting to understand how deeply you can love someone, because he loves Ilaria more than words can express. It grows deeper with every moment, and though Midas warned him of the eclipse and its numbing effect, Cera can't help but find her presence endearing and calming.

Their run must end swiftly though, as a pair appears in the near horizon. Slowing quickly lest he barrel into them, the lanky colt skipped up to them with a radiant smile on his face. She is young, and smells clearly of the Throat. Older than him, but she reminds him much of Yol in her age. Ever cheerful he bounced up to her, energy endless and a constant source of mingled endearment and annoyance from the family he has forcefully adopted. Oh yes, Cera has created quite the fold. A flock of sorts. If he likes you, he 'adopts' you and you're forever on his list. And should you be sucked into this surprising family you shall receive: endless love from the ball of sunshine himself, a new stalker, broken ears from incessant chatter, and worn off hairs from all the nuzzling you shall receive. A bit like an ad? Well of course. "Hi! I'm Cera!" Big doe like eyes staring at her with a brilliant smile, eagerly awaiting her reply. Ilaria crawled up onto his head and flopped there, peering down at the pair. Cera's eyes turned to stare in awe at the hellhound that leaned against the young woman's legs, ADHD tendencies already zoning in on this new and wonderful discovery.
    Image by Alex
    Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Cirrus Posts: 233
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
    Whit

It is not long before another comes across us, I smell him first, before I hear the swift, purposeful steps that bring him closer to us being pounded into the earth. With a gentle whine I inform my beloved of the hazard approaching, my ears lifting from their resting place flopped to the sides to more clearly discern exactly what was coming near. I stand, lanky legs not even rising to the height of my beloved's knees, my tail curling higher still - one day it will stand tall enough to stroke the flanks of her cloudy hide, but today, it was only a handful of inches above my back, below her knees still - and I feel the hair along my spine stand on its end, as instinctively my hackles make me appear larger, ferocious, gruesome. Perhaps one day the bulk of my body will give more certainty to this defensive claim, but today, I probably looked no more threatening than a pin cushion.

A gentle brush of a soft muzzle against my brow from her quietens me only a little bit, as I evaluate the creature before me - he is a boy, I can tell as he smells different to my beloved, but otherwise holds those similar tokens that mark him as a pegasus of these lands - wings, and a certain 'sandiness' that seeps into one's very coat upon living here for some time. I am unsure what to make of him; and then I spy the curious fluffy thing sitting atop his crown. Automatically my voice drips from my mouth, a yip, a small bark, curious and wondrous, my own crown tilting as I hope to get a better view. Without realising it I have taken a few steps forward, and no sooner do I realise it, do I retract those steps until I feel the comforting steadiness of my bonded against my flank once more.

And then it sounds, the cherubic, angelic laughter, the playful, harmonic, melodic tones of flowers blossoming in Spring, a most glorious song one has ever heard. I love her laughter, for it is as rare as it is beautiful, especially since the recent heated discussions she had been experiencing. My pale eyes look up to her again, my smile broad and my tail thumping against her, finding joy in her happiness and hoping to express that to her. The boy, he speaks then, his voice young and unbroken, not yet matured into deep, rich tones, but still humming with the delicacies of innocence. My attention returns to him, my crown tilting again as I wonder at the furry thing atop his head (what was it anyway?!), as my beloved smiles her glorious, radiant smile and steps around me - closer to him. I am swift to stay close to her, as I was instructed to be her protector, I would not allow her to stride forth towards a stranger unattended, no matter how harmless this stranger seemed.

"I'm Cirrus, this is Sitka." I let a small bark escape me again as she says my name, for it pleases my ears to hear it, to hear her speak with such affection and kindness, even if all she is saying is just my title. It is then I begin to feel something, a happiness swelling up, a newfound curiosity, a second sense of the world. Though we are bonded, and always will be, I feel our bond strengthen, I feel our souls grow closer, mix, and swallow each other up. I know she feels it too, for she glances my way, and holds my eager stare for a moment longer than is polite when with company. Sitka? I hear the query, and though I am not yet able to reply to her, I send a torrent of colours and emotions to her to express the joy that writhes about inside of me. I am a wriggling mass of dark black and blue fur, as my tail becomes invisible with its intense wagging motion, my bodice quaking with excitement.

Suddenly, my back is on fire.

It is something that has happened before, when emotions have run high, but it took us all by surprise. Because I had not intended harm, the flames were more illusionary than real, unable to burn even the strange colt who stood so close, but they held a slight tingling heat that made promises to cause very real damage should I have wanted it. With a playful skip, I bow to my beloved, darting in and out of her legs, my fiery back weaving a trail of strange blue light this way and that, even including the painted colt in my actions. Today was a day to celebrate, and forget all that worries you, at least for a moment. I can tell my beloved agrees with my antics, for with a playful hop, she is soon chasing me, nudging at the buckskin lad to give chase, to dance and frolic across the sands, and live, laugh and enjoy the time given to us to treasure our friends.

larfsalot.deviantart.com

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
    Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
    Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Canine- is that what it was? Sure looked like one- shifted and barked aloud in warning to his bonded as Cera approached, having discovered his presence long before the fae. Cherub is unbothered by the loud warning noise, and whinnies at him playfully. He is a delightful discovery, and quite interesting. He doesn’t know what he is at all, and he seems rather mean in fact, but a soft touch from the female quiets him. Cera turned his eyes to the girl, smile turning a bit unsure. Companions often were linked to the emotions of their bonded, did that mean the girl didn’t like him? Cherub is distracted by the Hellhound moving forward, eyes trained on Ilaria. Yipping at her, moving forward and then back once more in a confusing pattern. Ilaria eyed him calmly, chittering back at him and waving her long fluffy tail at him from her position on Cera’s head. Cera flicked his ear so that it twitched against her and she made a soft, almost purring sound. Smile returned as he succumbed to quiet, intimate conversation with her. It has only just now become a power he understands, happening only on this day, and it brings him so very close to her. The girl’s laughter brings him out of it, and he giggles softly with her just because it feels natural. Perhaps she doesn’t hate him after all.

”I’m Cirrus, this is Sitka,” she speaks, and the creature barks as if recognizing his name. They too seem to be revolved around each other, and Cera briefly wonders where the bond is between his father and Fina. It seems they are often at odds with each other, which brings about sadness in his chest. Suddenly there is an ethereal fire along the creatures back and Cera shied away, eyeing him warily. Dancing backwards, suddenly uncomfortable. Wings moving forth to cover the scar that will never be fully hidden, shielding his chest from the creature. Fear enters his orbs, though it is not fully focused on Sitka, for the pup seems joyous. Cera shivers and a whimper came unbidden from his lips, eyes going fuzzy with memory. Ilaria noticed immediately and started pulling on his ear and forelock with tiny paws, making a worried whine. His flashbacks do not hit often, but they still do, and she is making soft noises into his ear. Cera blinked hard- once, twice- before he came back to the present. Stilling the shaking in his limbs and uncovering his tiny chest, caramel wings retreating and folding back up against his side. It wouldn’t do to make himself seem even more emotionally messed up than he really is. Managing a smile at Cirrus, realizing he had not introduced Ilaria. ”Th-This is Ilaria!” He clarified, and Ilaria made her signature half chirp half coo at Cirrus before sliding lazily down Cera’s neck to his shoulders. It was normal for her to nap during around half of the day. The warmth was returning to his face as he smiled, a bit stronger than before. He wanted to play, but she was older than him, and he doubted she would play with him. To his surprise he was wrong, for her companion darted about her pillars, encouraging her to chase him. Cera was shocked to find her nudging him, enticing him to join them. Laughing, half surprised and half joyous, Cera let his long legs extend across the sand and chase after her. Wings extending and brushing her side playfully as he hopped beside her, laughter coming easier. Ilaria, unable to sleep, made her own flow of noises to encourage him as they ran alongside the other Throat youth and her companion.

[Oh my gawd what was that. Feel free to throw tomatoes.]
    Image by Alex
    Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!