the Rift

Let the Children Play [Cera/Open]

Mystique Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Mystique's angular snow white body shifts to the side as she trots down towards the river. The grainy sands wriggle in between the graves of her hooves as they lightly dance with each joy given stride. Silvery tinted orbs flicker around while she is lost in her thoughts. What a perfect day it was here in the Throat. It was great flying weather for pegasi, great hunting weather, sparring weather, and perfect for playing! Mystique sort of wondered if Cera were to be over here, after all she usually hung around with him. Cera was her only, but her very best friend in the whole world! No one could ask for a better friend. He always made her comfort when she felt down, helped her confidence when she was nervous, and most of all he played with her! That was her favorite part. She knew soon enough she would not be able to play and have duties to the herd. She was excited for that, but it was nice just being able to be free for a while. The freedom she had never had since months ago when she met Cera and another colt Yol. The instant connection she had to the foals was like unlike something she had never felt. It was a strange feeling that occurred over her, a feeling of glee, but that was in the past. Mystique did not like to think about it, she liked to look to her future which she hoped would be much better. So far it had been so much fun and Mystique now felt confident enough to meet new horses. Maybe she would meet them today?

The river looked as clear as the sky, bright clear blue with a tint of white that shimmered. The bubbling sound relaxed Mystique as she reached her pinkish muzzle to taste the water. A rich clear taste trickled down her throat as she swallowed it. Ah, that feels better she thought as the water lightly fell off her now drenched muzzle. The clear blue water seemed to glimmer even more by the second. The sun’s rays lightly lay on the top line of the river making little designs that clung to the edges. She was intrigued by the shininess since ,well, she did have a shot attention span. She traced the designs with her right front hoof as she thought about the day. She wondered if anything interesting would happen? Flickering her creamy tail, she noticed that the Throat was now starting to look more dead. Yes, it was a desert, but that was not it. Maybe it was because now that BirdSong had arrived it was now starting to dry up. In FrostFall it looked so beautiful, like a land of someone would dream, but now it looked dry and muggy. Her tail twitched as she thought about it. She figured it was a good choice to stay by the bubbling river.

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Mornings had never been Cera's favorite time. It meant that he would have to detach himself from the side of his beloved father, leave the bubble of love and intimacy that he never wanted to abandon. But no, Midas had duties and Cera knew that. He would be good. Never once did Cera pout or complain about how busy Midas was sometimes. Midas loved him unconditionally, and Cera did as well. It just made the moments they had together infinitely more precious. However ever since that dreadful evening in the Deep Forest, Cera hadn't quite taken well to having Midas leave. Feeling bare and shaken, even in the safety of his homeland. Onni had healed him, but he would forever bear the scar across his chest from the monster that had tried to steal away his life. The cherub still had nightmares, and was extremely reluctant to leave the borders anymore. He feared having to tell this to Mystique. Knowing the scar itself would be a cause of conversation and worry.

Even though he had developed a fear of being alone, Cera refused to let it get him too far down. Always facing the new day with a smile, forcing away the memories. Perhaps not a good thing, as he needed to face them, but Ilaria was helping him along. Her weight was heavy and comforting on his back as he headed out towards the oasis to quench the thirst that tickled at his throat. Red and white sand folded gently under his tiny weight, leaving imprints of his hooves. The surprise that awaited him at the water however was a pleasant one. Familiar stature met his eyes and Cera quickened his pace eagerly, calling out to his cherished friend. "Mystique!" Trotting up to her side and greeting her with a gentle pull of her forelock and a brush of their muzzles, eyes smiling along with his face in the cheerful way he had, completely forgetting his troubles concerning his scar and this lovely filly before him.
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Lana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Lana's ghostly figure could be seen trotting over one of the thousand of sand dunes. Her silver mane and tail flew out behind her as there was a light breeze rolling down the dunes. Although she felt she didn't want to explore outside the Throat yet she was already feeling new found confidence at being in just the Throat alone. I wonder if there are any other foals? She couldn't remember the last time she had played with others around her age. She felt she had had to grow up faster then others,learn things before she needed to because she simply needed the skills to get away. Get away from the stallion who had made her life a living hell. No Lana don't think of him. Saruman. Shut up! Saruman. Shut up! The breeze in the wind became stronger as she realised she was at the top of the dune,sand rolling out in front with a hole filled with water.

Gazing on she saw two foals by the lake. One a colt,painted with a sandy color and a snowy white with wings sprouting from both sides. The other a creamy filly without wings but instead a horn,coming out as a weapon from he head. Freezing for a second Lana wasn't sure weather to go down or not. They both seemed to know each other already and what if they didn't want to know her? She shifted her weight,guessing they had seen her. Well here it goes... She gingerly started heading towards the river and the two foals. Standing not far from them she turned her head to the side in a shy but pretty way. Oh I wish Levi was here now. But there was no time to be thinking of Levi,the foals would think her weird if she just stood there, wouldn't they? "Hey i'm..i'm Lana.." Her voice trailed of as she kept a weary eye on them both not knowing what to expect.

Mystique Posts: N/A
Unregistered
It was like Mystique’s thoughts were heard all of a sudden. The familiar honey voice that brought comfort she loved so much rang like a bell to her ears. Charming and kind at the same time the voice sounded as it was coming from behind her. Twisting her neck she the caramel-snow colt and his wings lightly such towards his side. "Mystique!" The voice was still echoing in head as the now much larger Cera came towards her. He looked much broader and taller now, what the heck happened to her Cera? He even looked much older now and it wasn’t long since she had last seen him. What has Midas been feeding him? She thought to herself chucking a bit. The main game that the two played was now back in session as Cera greeted her with a quick tug to her creamy forelock. As the two’s muzzle met, Mystique’s pinkish muzzle nuzzled gently into his. She loved every minute she had with Cera and wanted so badly to just be with him every second of the day playing. He kept her entertained and happy as the two frolicked like rabbits hopping with glee. Returning the favor Mystique then tugged on his forelock gently, breaking the soft touch to their muzzles meeting. “Cera, I missed you!” She said gleefully pressing herself close to his. Mystique had grown slightly to as she stood next to Cera who towered over her, but still she was no match compared to him.

Mystique was usually naive when it came to noticing things. At first she did not notice anything, but the two in their usual content-ness, but as she pressed her cheek on Cera’s chest she felt an unfamiliar texture. Lifting her head she noticed a large scar running down his patchy coloured chest. A look of concern featured on her face as she looked into his emerald gaze. “Cera, what happened? Are you alright?” Not wanting to ask to many questions the thoughts were still racing in her head. She wanted to badly to ask if it was painful, how it happened, and who did this awful thing to him? Surely this would not be an act of Midas since he was much to kind and respectful to ever to something like this.

"Hey i'm..i'm Lana.." Snapping the thought out of her mind she was suddenly focused on something else. A new filly who was draped in silvery threading’s and black shadings. Stunned a bit, she pressed herself close to Cera’s side almost underneath his right wing. In a daze she was stunned, but this is what she wanted new friends and new members to meet! A kind and gleeful tone emerged from her throat as she spoke “Hello there Lana, my name is Mystique.” She was still very shy, but it was good for her to practice her social skills towards other horses.

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Snowy face turned in his direction as he called out to her, brightening as her eyes fell upon his form. Recognizing him immediately. She seemed rather…small compared to the last time he’d seen her. Then again he’d been growing by the hour, as if to make up for the stilts he had for legs. Shooting up quickly, sure to overtake Midas in height by the time he was an adult. Even so these thoughts did not take hold in his brain for long, as Mystique returned his affections quickly with a gentle nuzzle. Following the routine they normally had when greeting each other, the unicorn filly pulled on his forelock in return. Never in a painful way, simply a way to playfully greet each other. Bodies pressed close with bright smiles appearing on both of their faces, Mystique chirping happily in his ears that she’d missed him. He had as well, but he’d been stuck in a cycle of fear and hadn’t wanted to involve the girl. "I missed you too, silly!" Nuzzling behind her ears playfully, giggling.

However light-hearted play wasn’t meant to last, and gaze was drawn down to the scar over his breast as she rubbed against it. Cera’s face dropped all joy it had previously held, turning to ice that didn’t belong on his innocent visage. Turning skittish, wary. Afraid of what she would think. Her concern only made it waver a little, and he awkwardly turned his head away from her. ”Yeah, I’m fine…” Blatantly avoiding the question she’d posed first, not wanting to talk about it with her. He loved her dearly, but he didn’t want her pity. She wouldn’t understand, couldn’t understand. She couldn’t help him, and he hated that.

Even so he was spared the awkward talk and silence that would have followed by the appearance of another, older foal. She stood not far from them, head turned demurely. Speaking quietly, unsurely. It reminded Cera a lot of when he’d first met Yol and Mystique. All three of them had been an awkward little group, it was almost amusing. But, clearly, it had been worth it. Somehow he’d been blessed with Mystique as a best friend, despite how strange their first encounter was. He missed Yol sometimes, but Hototo had surprisingly claimed that revered spot of beloved brother. Already he desired to see the colt again. Mystique moved quickly under his wing and he held her tight, assuring her that there was nothing to fear from another Throat member. Chain hung lightly on his neck, and he took courage from the pendant Midas had gifted him with. Despite her sudden shyness, Mystique greeted her kindly. Cera couldn’t help his friendly nature and stepped away from Mystique towards Lana. Dragging the long feathers of his wings against the white filly’s side to show her he wasn’t leaving completely. Trotting forward towards Lana with a bright, welcoming smile. Ilaria finally shifted from where she’d been hidden between his wings, yawning and clambering slowly up his mane to peer at Lana from between his ears. ”Hi! I’m Cera! And this is Ilaria. Nice to meet you!” Ilaria yawned and chittered softly, dark eyes turning to Mystique and then flopping down on his head again, still tired from her nap.
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Lana Posts: N/A
Unregistered

I smile,slightly awkwardly, as they greet me. I am glad though that I have meet two my age,well around my age for I could tell they were both younger then me by quiet a bit but I do not mind. They are more close to anyone my age I have meet here. The first other foals I have met here. The first foals I have met in years. A strange feeling runs though me that I have never felt before,a urge to get to know more about them. It isn't a horrible feeling. In fact,I quiet like it and want to get the feeling more. My smile turns into one not so awkward as I look from Cera to Mystique,oh and Ilaria. I gaze upon the little red creature with a curious kind eye.

As my gaze turns away from the panda I notice the scar running across the colts chest. I look up in horror,catching the look of his emerald eyes,then I soften my gaze. "It is lovely to meet you both but,Cera,who has done that to you?" My voice is soft and kind,I don't want to feel like I am asking questions before I even know them well but..surely? If someone could do that once I'm sure they would do it again,to him or someone else.

[Sorry bad post,and it took a while:p]

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic