the Rift

Striking rock but hitting GOLD [Open]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

"We're looking for anything shiny, love" Phae told her companion, a secretary bird-chick, lovingly. The sooty palomino pegasi stretched her wings as she walked, allowing the heat to escape from beneath her canopy of feathers. She had forgotten how warm the Heart usually was. Not that she was complaining - FrostFall had been particularly brutal, but even so, as the pair trekked deeper into the Heart, the heat became almost uncomfortably stifling. "Remember, shiny" Phae once again emphasized, dropping her pink muzzle to the rough terrain, green gaze wide and watchful.

The small bird bounced happily over the rocks, still very youthful and exuberant in her movements. Stella's appearance seemed to suggest that the God's who made her, decided to play dressup: She appeared to be a white bird who wore black pants, and a brilliantly coloured orangey-yellow mask, for her thighs and legs were completely black, yet her wings and torso brilliantly white. Her face was boldly coloured and featherless. She shared the same sort of plain beauty that her bonded did, and together they made a striking pair. Stella trilled, as she pounced on a rock which glistened due to a hardened coating of something overlaying it. Turning her gaze, Phae smiled by shook her head firmly. "It has to be shiny all the way through, love. But very good! Keep looking"

Phaedra had acquired now two amulets during her time in Helovia. They were stashed somewhere secretive, but were quite beautiful. Phae had seen other Helovian's who wore their's around their necks, amongst other items. She had heard of the crafter, Lace, who could possibly be commissioned to make such a vessel for her. She imagined sapling wood braided into a band to hold the amulets, and secure them around her neck. Normally, she would not be scouring the ground looking for shiny trinkets - her body was typically the only shiny thing she needed to bargain with. However, she also knew of certain complications between Tor, her seudo-friend, and the crafter, and for some odd reason, she had decided not to meddle. So, here she was, looking for jewels.

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Adeamus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
He had the urges to visit the everlasting fires that roared from the ground. The warmth pleased him, but what warmed him farther was that a golden maiden stood alone and was ready for comfort even from a passing pegasus. He strode towards her. His red coat blended with the fire almost evenly. She however, stood out. Gold, gold, gold! Recently he had met Romani, and not knowing why, but anything that was gold or palomino resembling interested him.

He walked up next to her. "Hello Ma'lady. What brings you to the heart?" Very curios, yes, but his manners were always present. "I am Adeamus, and you dear mare are?" She smelt of spy, but he didn't connect that she was in the grey. She smelt like a native. Perhaps she knew these lands. Moments had passed and he wanted for this to not be awkward.

"What happens to be your favorite part of the land? I happen to take a liking to the cool and blue waters of Endless Blue." He smiled a moment. Blue waters calling you to their depths. The water tugging at your fur pulling you farther. The cool breeze of sea salt filling your nose and bringing happy memories. The warm sand offers comfort. What was this? It was a hole... with fire. It's warm hot breathe made his coat bead with sweat. His blue eyes nearly burnt from the smoke. "May I ask the simple question of why are you here?" That would suffice for the most.

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

This was it.

Tonight was the night he was finally going to confess his love to Phaedra. His heart pounded with unconditional feelings of nervousness. Butterflies knotted his stomach as he made his way into the depths of the heart. Last time he was here, the brute had been competing in a game. The game was that every one of the horses had to try to defeat this boggart cloud thing. It was horrible; everything was getting destroyed physically and mentally. Levi had been destroyed physically, slowly and painful watching Phaedra, his love, getting attacked by two blood thirsty tigers. Making his way towards the defenseless fae, he totally forgot that it was just the boggart cloud playing with his head. He loved her so much that he had this horrible dry feeling in his throat, making him want to vomit because he was so disgusted of what he saw. Trying to save her, the game had ended when one of the unicorns had defeated the boggart tigers and won. Levi was not mad about losing, but he was disappointed because he put so much effort into helping “Phaedra” who was not even real. If it was real, Levi would never be able to live it down. Watching the love of his life die before his own eyes… That would never happen! And he would make sure of it.

Battered and bruised the brute still trotted on towards the center of the heart. He had recently been in a brawl with, Tio, the stallion Phaedra had warned him about. The prick had threatened Kri and lunged at him unacceptably towards himself. How could someone have such rude taunts. The stallion had no manner and completely took advantage of his herd lands. Levi was not scared or afraid, but was waiting for the day that he and Tio could be able to fight it out until death. If that’s what it took to protect Kri, his herd, and Phaedra then he would do it, or die trying. Gritting his teeth Levi was in deep thought about that day. He had thought about everything that happened until he saw a familiar figurine that lurked in front of him. Was it her?

Carrying himself closer to get a better look, it was none other than the one and only Phaedra. Her goldenly pelt brilliantly glowed from the moonlight and her irony mane gently cascaded down her neck. Tight curls and pretty looks the brute all of a sudden stopped. It was honestly the pure adrenaline rush of getting ready to tell Phaedra the truth. How could he be so blind and not telling her in the first place? Maybe it was because today would be the right day to tell her. Pressing himself towards her presence his gaze looked handsomely charming. That genuine smile he usually had with a typical flicker of his tail. His heart pounded as his muscles ached from the fight. Tired looking, the brute searched for her mysterious green gaze and took a deep breath before speaking. “Hey Phaedra, I’m surprised you are here before me.” Chuckling slightly the brute’s velvety vocal chords chimed. Keeping his gaze focused on hers he smiled “Thank you, really.” He was so nervous, but he knew that he was ready for this moment and would take on the challenges with it.

"blah blah blah."

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

[OOC: Timeline: After Phae Meets Tio, after the Levi/Kri thread, after the Apollo/NPC thread…but I think before the Tolio thread?]

Looking up, Phae smiled warmly as Levi approached. She was glad that he hadn't made her wait too long - she hadn't had much luck with Stella and their search for gems to trade Lace with, and was starting to get bored. Besides, after her excitement that afternoon on the beach, she didn't necessarily feel like waiting around alone. Although the heart was an extremely unlikely place for a Kraken to show up, in Helovia, you just never knew. Levi could testify better to that than She, given his recent encounter with the Bogart. But still, she was right to be slightly apprehensive.

She tossed her head slightly as he thanked her for being there, as if it was nothing. "First Apollo asks me to meet him, and now you? You boys sure know how to make a girl feel popular." She replied with a silvery laugh. Stepping closer to him, until there were on feet a part, she paused. Her sea-green eyes glistened in the low-light of midnight; bits of gold reflecting in them from the heart's embers. Normally smelling of lilac and cinnamon, due to her encounter with Walter, she now smelled like the ocean; salty and fresh. The humidity and her dunk in the sea has caused her creamy mane and tail to spiral and curl mercilessly around her in loose chaotic waves.

Still unsure if Phae was mad at Levi or not, Stella looked up from the rocks and trilled quietly - waving a wing tip, before gluing her gaze once more to the ground, looking for gems. Curiously, Phae tilted her sooty muzzle to the side, furrowing her brow. "Why did you ask me to this place? At midnight?" Phae inquired, thinking that deep down, she already knew the answer. She had had many stallions profess their love for her in the past, and usually, it was on serene nights such as this, in secluded places, like the heart. Was that what Levi was about to do? Was that why he had been acting so strangely towards her as of late?

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

"First Apollo asks me to meet him, and now you? You boys sure know how to make a girl feel popular."

Levi’s heart pounded as he watched her pretty figure laugh. Her irony curls perfectly aligning her fragile neck. She smelled like the sea, after the first time they had met. Who was Apollo? Ah what the heck, it did not matter anyways this was not the time to ask. He was certain that boys would be all into her because she was so beautiful, but it was her decision who she wanted in the end. Levi had to be prepared for anything, anything at all. Yes, no, and maybe he was certainly prepared for yes, slightly for no, but could he handle maybe? Chuckling a bit, the brute referred back to what she had said earlier about making a girl feel popular. “Well, then, aren’t you just so liked! And of course we do… how could someone not like you.” Levi’s orbs sparkled with inspiration as he spoke nothing, but kindness from his heart. Wanting to say more, the brute was interrupted as she spoke once more.

"Why did you ask me to this place? At midnight?" Levi twisted his gaze towards the ground. He was unsure of how to answer her question. The grullo’s attention looked towards Stella as she minfully perched waving her little wings tips towards him. Levi raised his massive vulture wing and wriggled the tips, waving back to her. She suddenly went back to whatever she was doing… now Levi had no other distraction, but to tell Phaedra what he came here to tell her. Taking a deep sigh Levi pressed his silver gaze back towards Phaedra. This was the most beautiful she had ever looked, Levi just wanted to embrace her looks, even if he dreamt of just looking at her sooty face one last time. Preparing to answer her, he walked closer to her, but not to the point where he would intrude her space. This was a big topic to talk about, so he did not want to pressure her or make her feel uncomfortable at any time. He wanted her to feel like a princess and everything that he said pleased her to hear.

“Phae watch this…” Levi suddenly stopped what he was doing to look around the Heart, eying anything that looked like he could mask. Narrowing his silver gaze, his brow furred with tension. The piercing crack of a chuck of stone broke from a piece of the terrain. Levi watched it and started to think about it coming towards his figure. As the stone came over, they fell into millions of tiny pieces traveling in a line towards Levi. The brute gracefully made the pieces float around Phaedra and this time not even close to where they could hurt her. Levi traced his mind making the little granules go into different designs. He could have stayed like this for hours and hours, but he knew he only had a short time. Finally, the brute made the specks of stands move like waves, as it they were at the beach once again. Turning his figure back to her, he pushed the granuales far away from the two, letting them drop from where they had come from. His gaze was a smirk as it he was proud of what he had done. The brute was proud, but he was also hopeful that she was enjoying the start to his show.

“The reason I asked you here is because…” Pausing, but reassuring himself the brute looked her in the eyes “is because you need to know the truth. Not the truth about the fields, but the truth about what I have been hiding from you.” Taking good look at her, his heart told him where to start. “Ever since the first day we met, I felt as though we had a connection. Whether you felt it or not, I felt that we instantly got along and formed some type of friendship. Your beauty overthrew me as I was overwhelmed by it and was unsure of how to take it. I did not know that I was liking you more and more until I had this weird feeling every time I saw you. I had never liked someone as much as you… Each time we met I thought that we would become really good friends, but as I looked past it, I saw a potential future with you. I have never felt as strongly for someone as I care for you and so when you would flirt with another stallion or even give attention to someone else, I would get jealous. That was why in the fields, I was getting overwhelmed by you. I took advantage and I was wrong, it was for the wrong reason. I wanted you to feel jealous for me and not because I just wanted you to envy my, I wanted you to.. to..” Taking a pause Levi stared into her eyes like he never before. Enjoying the moment he had with her and embracing it “Like me back. Now I don’t know where you are at with your life, but I just wanted to say that words can’t even describe how I feel about you. You are just so beautiful in every way, fun to be around, daring, smart, funny, and well perfect. I’ve never really done anything like this before, so you would be the first I have ever told… but I-I love you.” Levi thought back to the day he had first met her. Everything they had gone through together and every little aspect of their memories that they shared. “Who am I kidding Phae, I’m in love with you. I did not want to ruin our friendship or anything, but I figured you deserved to know. You do not have to love me, like me, or even say anything back… I just wanted you to know because I have always loved you more than you could ever know.” Levi smiled at her genuinely with great pride. He had done it! He told her how he felt… he had never opened up like that to anyone before. “Phaedra, I also have something for you. For showing me the ways of life and helping me be the stallion I am today. You changed my life for the better and sorry for pushing this on you all in one day. You don't need to tell me your answer right away either... I can wait.”

[OOC: Sure that sounds good! And also this was horrible! So sorry dear..]

"blah blah blah."

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

As Levi moved closer, Phae tilted her head flirtatiously, her eye lashing batting slightly. Phae, watch this… Curiously, she followed his gaze to the broken bits of stone which suddenly fractured into thousands of tiny pieces. Tensing slightly as they began to move towards her, she wondered if Levi would again be carried away and wound her in the process of demonstrating his new magic. As they moved into different shapes, gradually becoming like waves on the beach, the sooty palomino grinned; amazed at the command that Levi now seemed to have over his new magic. Idly, she wondered what he had done to attain such power - had he completed a quest for the God's as she had done? Or was it simply…bestowed upon him? Either way, she was genuinely impressed.

As the grains drifted away from them, gently falling back from where they came, Phae sensed that Levi finally felt mentally prepared enough to tell her what he had come here to say. She could sense it on him - the excitement and hesitation. He was not the first to approach her like this - she had watched many stallions try and impress her before professing their love; had seen many fumble over their words as they strained to say what they believed she wanted to hear. How would Levi fair? For she was now absolutely certain that her inklings regarding Levi's odd behaviour were correct. Gently, with kind eyes and a warm smile, she listened as Levi recounted how his affection for her had begun; of her beauty and their friendship. As he explained away his actions with Pluto, Phae squashed the urge to reprimand him again. So much time had passed since that day - what was the point?

I love you. He finally managed, then clarified by saying that he was in love with her. Phae smiled; for as often as stallions professed their love for her, you would think she would merely take it in stride. However, she genuinely appreciated their affections and their efforts to win her over. Her sparkling gaze washed over him, as she lost herself in quite contemplation of his words. Beautiful, fun, daring, smart…perfect? Those were the words Levi chose to describe her. Closing her eyes, she sighed quietly before settling her gaze on him again. Was he in love with her? Maybe.But did he truly love her? Phea thought not - He hardly knew her, for all the times that they ran into one another, what did he really know about her? Almost nothing it seemed, by the adjectives he used to describe her. She had the feeling that if she turned him away now, that he would find another mare soon enough, and be just as swept away with her as he believed he was with Phae right now. That was the difference between stallion's like Levi, and stallions like Tolio. Levi, she believed, wanted to love someone so much, that if Phae was not the one, he would find someone else. Whereas Tolio who also wanted a love, would wait for the right one to come along, and not digress from that path. Yes - if she turned Levi away now, he would find someone else. You do not truly love me, she thought a little sadly, as she looked at him.

Smiling, she extended her muzzle to gently graze his cheek; holding it there for a moment before pulling away. "My sweet Levi." She said finally, her voice soft and silky. She did quite adore the grullo stallion, and was impressed by his magic and his new rank within the Throat. Phaedra, I also have something for you. For showing me the ways of life and helping me be the stallion I am today. You changed my life for the better and sorry for pushing this on you all in one day. You don't need to tell me your answer right away either... I can wait. Tilted her head with piqued interest, her muzzle broke into a smile again. Phaedra was female, and like most mares, adored presents. Ears pricked forward, her eyes sparkled with curiosity. "For me? You didn't need to do anything for me, Levi" She murmured demurely.

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

The grullo could not believe what he had just done. He had told Phaedra how much he loved her, but not only that, how he was in love with her. As he spoke before, Phaedra looked intrigued as she had a beautiful smile that tugged at the corners of her cheeks. Her beauty over threw him in the moonlight as he could not describe the feeling the wrenched in his stomach. The pure pressure of if she was to say anything back, or to see if she wanted to be with him as well. His heart pounded harder than it ever had before, as he looked the best he ever had. His silver eyes alive and bright, his coat shimmered with the large outline of his muscles, and his features were true. There was nothing else than feeling the accomplishment of telling Phae what had been locked up inside of himself forever. He could not tell if she loved him or not, but he wanted to know. He needed to know even if it was what he did not want to hear.

Earlier in the same day, Levi had picked out a stone for her. It was almost as though it defined her as he picked it in her honor. It was a pinkish white color, as if defining her coat, with pretty edges and the perfect oval shape. Twinkling everywhere the stone reminded him of her eyes and how they were so enchanting. It was not a very big stone, but it was perfect enough to fit around her neck as a necklace and Levi knew that he was going to make her a necklace right in front of her. The pinkish color represented something from him as well… it was his heart and as long as she wore it she would have a piece of him wherever she went.

"My sweet Levi." Her silky mesmerizing tone began. It brought him back to the day they had first met. Every single memory of them started to flash before his eyes as he knew that she was going to tell him. She said my as if she was claiming Levi as hers. Maybe she did love him, but Levi had to keep every option open. A genuine smile gently fell up his maw as he waited to hear what she was going to say. Was she ever going to say anything? It seemed as though not, when she answered his last comment when he said he had something for her. "For me? You didn't need to do anything for me, Levi" Levi’s silvery gaze washed over her once more as a happy grin came over his features. “I know it did not have to Phae, but I wanted to.”

Levi opened his massive wing revealing the gorgeous stone glimmering right in front of the two. Reaching his maw in to grab it, the slight click sound emerged when his teeth touched the surface of the stone. Looking at the silver stone underneath him, he quickly made them break apart and swirl around the stone, creating a slim shiny base of the necklace. He wove a slight design in the chain part, but it was simple because he did not want it to come out bad. Since he had gotten his powers, it was the most amazing thing that he had made so far. It elegance was perfect and it was beautiful to look at, it almost looked as though he had traded for it. The swirling stopped and they compressed together to make the perfect necklace. Holding the base with his teeth, he held it dangling waiting to see if Phaedra would accept it or not. “Phaedra, this is my gift to you. This stone represents every quality that you have and more. It also represents a piece of my heart and if you take it with you I will always be with you no matter what. You are my heart, and here is mine.” The words slipped out effortlessly and heat felt.

[OOC: So sorry for the wait Aud! :/]

"blah blah blah."