the Rift

[FALLS] Bitterness or Sympathy

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
The tiny little mare swayed in through the trees as she ventured towards the new edge of a land which she had never laid eyes upon before. Though, that wasn't saying all too much considering how she had never placed her gaze upon much more than the confines of the hole she had been kept in for these five years of her life. Everything scared her, including the sound of the birds as they fluttered from the trees sending her into an outright panic. Her whole body shuddering in fear as she kicked up her heels and bolted forward at an even faster pace than before. Then, she would suddenly stop, glancing back to see if she was still being followed only to place her orbs upon the site of the foul creatures circling the sky as if they were laughing at her. The fea's one ear pinning tightly against her cranium as an exhausted snort escaped her maw. What was it with everything and it's attempts to scare her out of her wits. Form trembling slightly she pulled herself forward again, desperately searching for another equine. Though, the lord knew that her actually getting close enough to place a conversation would be something that would cause troubles in and of itself. For, what if that horse wanted to injure or ridicule her because of her lacking ear! What if no one wanted her near! It was quite obvious she could not fight, her form so lithe - the only muscles built up from her constant sprints to leave the areas in a panic. And she felt terrible about it. Letting out a snort, she stopped in a more forested area, surrounded by thick trunks of trees in order to keep herself calmer than before. Here, in this protected area, she could hear everyone's and everything's approach as they came toward her. And then, if she felt the need to sprint away she could do so. Which was good, wasn't it? At least it was in her mind, even if it deterred the process of her finding another equine to follow or a way to be safe when she had no ability to protect her poor self. Raising her cranium a little to glance around one last time she swished her tail and held her breath. Was that a noise she could hear in the distance? Or was it her ear playing tricks upon her?

405 : words
anyone : tag
well. I wrote a 1k post with her earlier today. Just gotta get her used to this place first and she should be back in action! : notes

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

The painted pegasus stallion was flying for the first time in days. Why he had kept himself so confined to the realm of those not blessed with wings, he could not seem to remember. There were probably mares involved.

His memories of his past few weeks - my, my, had it only been that short a time? - in Helovia were fond ones. Those residing in the splendid land that he was beginning to call home were odd, to say the least. He had been a prince in his old land, and he wasn't used to being challenged in so many ways. The mares did not come at his beck and call, smiling and simpering sweet words in his ear; no, these mares were more apt to use their sharp, biting wits to ward off his well-intentioned advances. And the stallions, well... they needed to learn their place. Unlike mares, Quilyan did not harbor a soft spot for the outspoken steeds, instead regarding them with a haughty disinterest. They were beneath him.

But the faes... they were wonderful. Never before had he had such fun with members of the opposite sex. He reveled in the newfound freedom of such a challenge. And as he glided over the Threshold, the very land that he had crossed to enter the realm, he saw what might be his next challenge.

She was a brown femme with darker points and lighter lacing along her back. A long mane and tail hung in waves from her nape, concealing an ear (or was it simply missing?). She was small, petite, just the kind of mare he might have found appealing back home. He smiled, beginning a slow descent. What a wonderful morning this was proving to be, that he might find such a beauty in his wanderings. He had no herd affiliation, as he assumed that a pretty fae might be searching for, for protection against lusty steeds. But that was not him - no, he was always kind to his mares. He thought they were wonderful creatures, worthy of his respect. Unlike the idiot stallions he had the misfortune to come across.

He landed with a light thump, not so far from the mare, but far enough that she would not be frightened by his appearance (or so he hoped). Pistons carried him easily through the trees, and as he came within sight of her, he called a soft greeting. Something about the way she held herself marked her as flighty, and he certainly didn't want to send her bumbling about in the trees. Along with a flirty personality, there was also something protective in the deposed prince, something that called him to defend helpless maidens. Like a knight in shining armor, but without the everlasting love.

"Good day to you, fair lady," he said. "Welcome to Helovia."

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Table:

resplendence
Res allowed her tiny frame to sway in the wind just a little. The feeling of her mane pooling around herself caused her to calm down a little. It was like a tiny security blanket, keeping her safe from the outside world. Which was a lie. Because her mane could do nothing to protect her from such the world. But it at least made her feel like she had some way to get around.

It was then, that she bumped her ear up, twisting her from around as she heard the sound of wings flapping. Her eyes narrowed a little in fright before starting to stumble backwards. That was most definitely larger than a bird. A snort of panic escaped her maw as the creature began to descend in the sky. His form a silhouette due to the morning sun just barely hitting above the trees. Flinching she stepped back at the thump his hooves made against the ground, the noise just barely perceptible to her ear as she fought to concentrate on all the sounds around her light frame. And then, he was gracefully edging closer and closer to her. Each step making her tense up even more until he reached a distance she no longer wanted any smaller. Immediately she began to scurry backwards at an attempt to keep such a space the same only to slam her rear end into a tree. She pounced forward, trembling now as she spun around to face the tree giving it a vehement glare before spinning back around to face the brute before her. "Good day to you, fair lady. Welcome to Helovia," He spoke and she twitched her ear just a little. Nostrils flared as she backed up a few more steps, careful not to knock into the tree again this time. She paused, uncertain of how to respond before forcing herself to take a deep breath. "Thank you, sir," she choked out, having to make each syllable separately and then lace it together to actually form the words which she had been planning on saying in her head.

She would normally be fighting herself. Telling herself to calm down and act normal. But when she actually took toll of all of her interactions she could only find that her interactions had done nothing better than this anyways so she didn't fight it this time. Just, perhaps it would not end with her having to flee the area to almost getting herself killed. That, now that, would be just horrible - no?
you seem lost, your back against the wall~
kaydeniro.deviantart.com||roontoo.deviantart.com||momotte2stocks.deviantart.com

Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE

Quilyan

It would have been comical if it wasn't so pitifully sad. She tensed at his approach, trembled, scurried frantically away from him, right into a tree. He frowned, halted, tilted his cranium to regard her with an inquisitive stare. She spun, as though to run, but, finding herself enclosed by trees, returned her bodice to confront his. She seemed terrified, and he took a few steps back, giving her the space that she seemed to want. Perhaps he should simply go. Her silence reinforced the idea. Was he really so scary? He admitted to being a flirt, perhaps too much so; but he was not a rapist and, in fact, would protect her from any who would claim such a title. A mare's beauty was not to be marred in any way, he was taught, and he would place himself in harms way for an innocent damsel every time.

Still, she seemed afraid, and he did not wish to cause her discomfort. And yet he stayed. She was not a fighter, it would seem, and were she assaulted in this wood, she would have very little chance of escape. The poor thing couldn't even fly. Finally, she piped up in a very small, hesitant voice that spoke of a horrific past, if he was to be any judge. He paused, violet orbs kind and gentle, his desire to flirt with the fae gone. He simply wished her to be comfortable, and if he could deliver her to wherever it may be that she wanted to go - for he was sure now that she would want a herd to protect her - then he would do so without question. There would always be other mares.

His tones were soft when he spoke again, and he did not move from his position quite a few lengths from her. "My name is Quilyan," he offered. "I am afraid that I am not affiliated with any herd and consider myself to be a loner, but I give you my word that you are safe with me. What is your name, m'lady?" It was the best he could do, given the circumstances. He was not quite sure how to act around one so obviously fearful, nor was he sure how to calm her fears. Perhaps a name would help, or he could even talk about his past, if it would put her at ease. Perhaps he would be able to figure it out.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

resplendence
He paused as she spoke, orbs watching her carefully. Kind and gentle, so they seemed. Almost reminded her of Ciro. But she didn't want to dwell on Ciro. He was gone - now wasn't he. She had been the cause for that. So she didn't deserve all of this. She didn't deserve to be able to start over again. Dropping her head down a little as she waited on the stag to speak once more. Soft velvet tones emitting from his vocal cords as he offered her his name. "My name is Quilyan. I'm afraid that I'm not affiliated with any herd and consider myself to be a loner, but I give you my word that you are safe with me. What is your name m'lady?"

So she was safe with him? That was something she had never felt with anyone except Ciro. What reason was there to trust this large brute with wings that looked as if they could decapitate her with ease. A tiny escape of breath left her lungs as she looked up toward him. Trust him or no? That was the main question at hand. "Resplendence." she whispered before looking back up at him. "Pleasure to meet you, Quilyan," she added, keeping the manners in it. Less chance of her getting attacked because of that. Another bob of her head before she allowed her voice to emerge once more "Thank you" she added, in relation to his word about her being safe. She didn't necessarily trust him - for if he was to touch her she would definitely flinch away. But it was better than nothing, correct? Or at least, that was what she believed.

Quilyan

Still she seemed nervous, and perhaps rightfully so. It angered him - what past did she come from that she feared so much? Had she been in his kingdom, he would hunt down her terrors and slay them for her (how noble, for one who did not become attached for his mares). But they were not in his kingdom, and he knew that he would not be able to do any hunting or slaying here, where he was nobody. Still, he fought for control of his anger and won, his eyes never changing from their gentle violet hue. He would not scare her further by showing his emotions; rather, it seemed that it would be better that he continue to be calm and kind to the poor fae.

Her eyes flickered from him to the ground and back; what he wouldn't give to know what she was thinking! But telepathy was not among his many talents, and so he simply waited, pulling his wings tightly to his bodice. He hoped that they were not what scared her so. "Resplendence," she finally whispered, meeting his gaze once more. His heart went out to her; she was so very fragile seeming, and for once, he only wanted to care for the mare. Perhaps she reminded him of someone he had known at home, or perhaps it was only coincidence that he felt responsible for her wellbeing. "Pleasure to meet you, Quilyan," she added. She did not seem to mean it, not really, but at least she was polite, and he appreciated the effort.

"Resplendence," he repeated, and the name rolled off his tongue easily. He liked it. "A beautiful name for a beautiful mare." It was the same thing he might have said to any femme in passing, but it rang with a truth that was usually somewhat lacking. She really was quite pretty, he realized, with that long wavy banner and the lacy markings along her spine. Even the missing ear (for by now he had figured out that it was indeed missing) was alluring in its own way, giving her character that her frightened persona did not. Quilyan did not move from his position, afraid that he would scare her further. Instead, he voiced a quiet but eager offer: "Are you searching for any place in particular, m'lady? I would be happy to assist you in any way I can."

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

resplendence
There was no reason, really, for her to be so afraid. In fact, she should think that she was on top of the world after being treated as a princess for those five years that she had lived in seclusion. But she didn't know anymore. Everything sounded like a predator, and lord knew she had never been taught how to fight. It was just so difficult trying to place where something lay exactly and just what they were. That didn't help anything at all.

So, calming herself down she looked up to him and gave him her name, along with a mannerly return of his name. When she finally managed to look up she noticed that he had pinned his ears tightly up against his bodice. A tiny sigh of relief escaping her lungs as she closed her eyes for a few seconds to place herself. He seemed kind - his eyes were definitely proving upon that fact. "Resplendence. A beautiful name for a beautiful mare." his voice rang out and her ear perked up a little, head tilted to the side in a questioning manner. Beautiful. She was far from that. No one wanted a broken, monster of a mare who was missing an ear. Definitely not beautiful, nor did she ever believed that anyone could actually mean those words when they spoke them. "Why, sir, I am far from that. But thank you for the kind words," she murmured, obviously still uncertain about how to ensure her safety through reactions. It had been a while since she had been around others, and she had just barely been able to truly get by on her own. She just didn't want to be alone anymore, but she didn't want to be alone in the hands of someone who might just ensure her existence was torturous. "Are you searching for any place in particular, m'lady? I would be happy to assist you in any way I can." She let out a soft bob of her head, forelock falling over her face before she bumped it out of her eyes. "I have no where in particular to go, though I have heard talk of the... foothills I believe they were called..." she explained with a meek smile, looking up toward the larger equine with quiet, calmer eyes. Finally, she was managing to calm her nerves off of the jittery high that the encounter had begun with.

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Once more Romani found herself wandering the thick forests of the Threshold, admiring the beauty that came with such thick vegetation. It had been the first place that she had stepped foot in when she had ventured into the land, and so by contrast, had developed a deep love for the trees and surroundings. Of course, back then, the Threshold had been covered in a thick layer of snow and frost, and the trees had all been stripped bare of their beautiful leaves and colors. Now it was definitely a much more beautiful place to behold… Unless, of course, snow was your thing.

The thought caused a chuckle to rise from the Haflinger’s deep chest, her pace set almost leisurely as she strode through the forest. At her side was Kasai, who moved with more confidence as the days passed, no longer hiding behind her bonded’s sturdy legs or cowering at the softest of sounds. The black and white cub was growing more adventurous, something that Romani enjoyed, for it had been some time since she had left the confines of her home, as well as the Threshold.

The compact mare moved with a quiet sort of grace, yet held her head high with obvious certainty with all of the pride that came with being a warrior. Her thick, ivory mane bounced slightly as she moved, tail flicking back and forth to ward off the flies that had come alive during Birdsong’s warmer weather. Crisp, azure eyes took in her surroundings, and it was the sound of voices that caused the mare to stop. Kasai, likewise, heard the murmuring sound of voices on the horizon and paused, glancing back to the Haflinger with uncertainty. Offering the cub a reassuring smile, Romani pressed on, stepping through the thicket of trees and brush.

It was through the area that she spotted the two equine’s talking. Well, one was an equine, and the other was a rather handsome Pegasus. Her gentle blue eyes lingered on both forms, admiring them both for different reasons. The equine mare was, quite obviously, missing one of her ears, and while that was strange for the palomino to see, it didn’t make her any less beautiful. Her dark, brindled coat and handsome markings were proof of that, but what truly interested the warrior was the words she had caught on the tail-end of the conversation.

‘I have no where in particular to go, though I have heard talk of the… Foothills, I believe they were called…’ The Foothills, hm? Perhaps she could be of some help to the brindled mare.

Clearing her throat to announce her arrival, Romani smiled prettily, eyes dancing from the Pegasus stallion to rest on the one-eared mare. “I’m sorry to interrupt, but I couldn’t help but wonder if I’ve perhaps heard you correctly? That you’re searching for the Foothills?” She paused, allowing that to sink in before dipping her head slightly in polite etiquette. “My name is Romani, and I’m a warrior of the Foothills, and this is Kasai, my Companion.” She tipped her head once more, but this time was merely regarding her tigress cub. “Perhaps I could inquire both of your names?”

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Quilyan

A lock of hair fell briefly over the fae's warm, almost-golden eyes. He had only just adjusted to actually knowing the color of her eyes when she gently tossed the lock of hair away. He wasn't sure if he'd ever been more entranced by so simple a movement. "Kind words they may be, but they are true, my lady." Never had his speech rang with such earnest honesty. She mentioned the Foothills, and for a moment, sadness colored his thoughts. Why, he wasn't sure - after all, what had he expected? For the shy, scared little mare to run off into the woods and live happily ever after? No, that would only ever be a dream. There was no happily ever after. There never had been, and there never would be, especially not for him.

But he had never been so enthralled by a mare's presence before. Was all hope lost for him, truly?

He decided not to ponder the strange turn of events. It would be much easier, wouldn't it, to just go with the flow and see where it let? He was about to respond when another mare stepped from the trees. She, too, was an equine, though much more stocky than the petite Resplendence. Cute, he supposed, but her golden pelt was nothing in comparison to the intricate brindling covering the first fae's back, her thick, floppy, ivory banner ragamuffin in comparison to the gently waving locks of the chestnut. This is absurd, he thought in protest. He vainly searched the newcomer for anything attractive, something he might normally have used as a flirtatious compliment. Nothing. Nothing in comparison to her. Damn it all.

"Welcome, Mistress Romani. My name is Quilyan, of... nowhere in particular." He smiled crookedly at her. "Your companion is lovely," he added, lowering his maw to appraise the young cub with interest. He had never seen a companion before, as they did not exist in his home. Violet eyes silently questioned the youngling and its master - is that what you called it? - wishing that it would come nearer, so he could get a better look. Distractedly, more words fell from his lips: "I do believe that you will find yourself very welcome indeed, as my lady seems to be looking for your herd land...?" It was a question rather than a statement, and he silently longed for the mare to choose him.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

resplendence
As she glanced up at him she thanked him for the kind words, his voice piercing her ear once more. "Kind words they may be, but they are true, my lady." His speech came to her as thought it rang of truth. Something which surprised her more than the kind words themselves had. She managed to nod her head before pulling back into the conversation and answering his question, about if she was to be looking for a specific space in which to settle down in. She had heard talk of the foothills. And, they seemed quite a good place to settle down. Definitely large enough that she could be protected from her fears of... well her fears of everything that moved or breathed.

It was then that her ear flicked backward, hearing the sound of something moving in the trees near her. And then, the sound of a light cough (as if she were clearing her throat) resounded before the stocky equine tumbled from behind and appeared with a little cub popping out beside her. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but, I couldn't help but wonder if I've perhaps heard you correctly? That you're searching for the Foothills?" The mare then paused, allwoing her head to sink down in a polite manner. Her voice singing out once more as she then introduced herself and her companion. My name is Romani, and I'm a warrior of the Foothills, and this is Kasai, my Companion," a head tilt toward the cub, "Perhaps I could inquire both of your names?"

The tiny mare went to speak up, though allowed her voice to die the second she heard the winged equine's chords vibrate into the air with a rolling calmness. "Welcome, Mistress Romani. My name is Quilyan, of... nowhere in particular. Your companion is lovely," his maw lowering to look at the young cub before he allowed more words to float from his layrnx and into the world. "I do believe that you will find yourself very welcome indeed, as my lady seems to be looking for your herd land...?" he stated, more of a question than a statement.

And as he finished she gently bowed her head in welcoming to the other mare, not as jittery around her as she was around the large brute with the wings that were so large and strong she didn't doubt it could easily decapitate her should she be the one to misspeak. Though, she did take a step back from the mare, mainly for the tiger cub rolling around at her feet, moving slightly closer toward the brute who had claimed to have offered protection not that long ago. "I'm Resplendence, ma'am." she spoke, velvety lyrics protruding from her vocal cords before she made comment to the herd land, "And yes, I've heard talk of the Foothills before. Was hoping they might be willing to take me in? I completely understand why if you would prefer I not. I don't doubt there must be others," she said, her voice wavering a little as she kept her eyes flickering back between the cub, the new femme, and the brute beside her. Run. But she shouldn't. That would be horribly rude. And at the moment there was but no threat to her safety. So she would linger, and hope that it all went well. For... what could go wrong? Well other than losing her head by wings, or getting her leg chewed on by a tiger cub believing it to be a chew toy?

Romani

Romani waited in polite silence for either of the two to speak. The brindled mare seemed unsure of her presence, eyeing both her and Kasai with a subtle fear that the Haflinger did not miss. She sent a soft warning to Kasai through their mental bond, telling the cub not to do anything too drastic. The other mare seemed flighty and fearful, and briefly Romani wondered just what had happened to make her like that. In the end it was the painted Pegasus who spoke first, his words rather charming, if not exaggerated. Her crisp, azure eyes watched as he sized her up, as if searching for something… Whatever he was looking for, Romani didn’t believe he would find.

Mistress…? Well, that was a new one. Through her life, both in Ossic Briar and in Helovia, the warrior had been called many things, but a ‘mistress’ wasn’t one of them. Surely Quiliyan didn’t mean any ill by the comment, he was probably just being polite.

The palomino chuckled with a slight shake of her head, an action that was barely noticeable unless you had been looking for it. “A pleasure, sir Quilyan, to meet you as well.” She watched carefully as the paint regarded little Kasai, who returned his gaze quizzically. The tigress cub was obviously torn between staying where she was, and approaching to get a better look, but took Romani’s previous warning to heart and remained where she had found purchase. “And thank you for your kind words; Kasai is very precious to me.” It was then that she turned her head and fully regarded the mare who soon introduced herself as Resplendence. It was a strange name, and Romani tasted it upon her tongue before responding once more.

The kind, welcoming smile remained upon her dark lips, ears flicked forward and expression completely open. She didn’t want this brindled mare to fear her. “And it’s wonderful to meet you, as well, Resplendence. Please, just call me Romani, hm? Ma’am makes me feel terribly old.” The Haflinger flicked her head slightly, but only to remove her cumbersome forelock from her gaze, so she could better examine the dark mare set before her. Listening with patience, Romani respectfully waited until after Resplendence had finished speaking before doing the same. She did well to keep her tone soft and gentle, not wanting to alarm the other femme any more than she already had.

“The Foothills will gladly take you in, Resplendence; we’re always welcoming new members to join our home, and I would be more than happy to lead you there.”

[OOC: Bad post alert. XD]

resplendence
The brindled mare stood there with a slightly curious look in her eyes. Though, one could tell by looking at her trembling muscles that she was beginning to get fearful of the whole entire thing. Why was it, then, that she just had to be so scared of everything? For it didn't make much sense to her. Nor did she understand why. But it was that the tigress cub was beginning to freak her out as much as the large wings upon that stag was. She didn't really take in the conversation between the brute and the fea, more concentrated upon calming her system down as she stood there. Then, the mare returned her attention to Res's form, a welcoming smile upon her darker lips. "And it's wonderful to meet you, as well, Resplendence. Please, just call me Romani, hm? Ma'am makes me feel terribly old." she told her before flicking her head just enough to move the forelock off of her eyes so she could look even more intently upon the mare which stood before her. Res explained what she had been talking about with a sweet manner before falling silent and dropping her gaze again. "The Foothills will gladly take you in, Resplendence; we're always welcoming new members to join our home, and I would be more than happy to lead you there." the mare told her and Res bobbed her head. Though, her gaze lingered back to the larger stallion. He didn't have a home either... How sad! But she doubted he really wanted to join. A questioning gaze rested upon him for a couple seconds before she looked over toward the other mare, "Yes, please, Romani. That would be great," she whispered, her voice slowly beginning to gain her confidence back.

Romani

Romani’s azure eyes appraised the brindled mare’s frame, not missing in the slightest as she began to tremble. Curiosity nagged at the palomino’s mind. Was she afraid? Immediately the warrior took stock of herself; no, she wasn’t standing in an intimidating fashion, and Kasai was behaving as well as a young tigress could, given the situation. Still, Romani reminded herself that when speaking to Resplendence, to keep a soft and welcoming tone. After all; how was she to know what the newcomer had gone through before arriving in Helovia?

“Wonderful,” the Haflinger said softly, that same smile still upturning her dark lips, “It isn’t a long walk from here to the Foothills, so it won’t take long for you to see your new home.” The mare shifted slightly, blue eyes glancing down to Kasai. The cub sat upon her haunches, curious eyes locked upon Resplendence. It took a moment for Romani to understand that the tigress was completely entranced with the mare’s long, chocolate colored mane. It was quite beautiful, the long strands cascading down the darker mare’s elegant neck, and idly Romani wondered just how long it had taken to grow a mane to such lengths… Perhaps she could ask, once they had left the Threshold behind and returned to the safe embrace of the Foothills.

Looking to Quilyan, Romani dipped her head in a polite gesture. “It was a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, good Quilyan,” she spoke formally, as had been engrained in her nature since foal-hood, “Perhaps we shall cross paths again one day. Trek bravely.” It was a warrior’s parting, a word spoken from one to another to pray for safe travels.

Turning her head once more to Resplendence, the mare went on, eyes shining brightly. “Come along, dear… We can make it home before nightfall.”

[OOC: Okay… I really want to apologize for my bad posts. XD I’m scraping the bottom of my muse bucket, so I hope I didn’t make Romani come off as rude. ^^; Also, you can now post in the Updates board to have Res switched to Foothills Mare! :D]