the Rift

When your head's in the clouds [Open]

Panto Posts: 15
World's Edge Stallion
Stallion :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 3
Daisy
Light rain fell upon Panto's coat as he trudged for a muddy forest from the previous rain that had been beating down hard. He splashed though deep puddles not caring anymore. The love of his life had left him for some prance hench stallion,nothing that Panto was. He was always the idiot,the smallest the one who couldn't fight the one who couldn't do anything. His heart started to burn with the pain of losing Sami. Everything was going well. It was a romeo and Juliet story. They were in different herds. Then Tnagio just had to come and put out his only light in life. Panto had tryed to act so cool around Sami and he had to ruin it for him didn't he? It was typical of his life to be humiliated.

He sighed and halted looking up at a lone star in the sky. A lone star. Just like himself. But was he a star? No. Was he alone? Yes. No one cared for him. Even his own father thought he was a disgrace and his mother never understood. She just told him to would be alright you are who you are. But what if you don't want to be who you are? What if you want to have the handsome looks? to be able to have nerves of steal to fight? He was none of those things. At all. Bending down on his knees he lay on his side,resting by a log,mud swirling round him. He wished he could just lay there and die.

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Even the dark cloak of night couldn't hide the glowing golden coat of the stallion that trekked carefully through the tricky bits of the undergrowth. Birdsong was beautiful but there were still occasional rains that swamped the lower lands. Lionlike colorations glowed under the bleak light of the stars. Baby blues surveyed the darkness, thankful for the fact he could see through the shadows. What met his eyes on his trip through the Threshold wasn't one he had been anticipating. A prone form of what appeared to be a stallion lay covered in muck on the wet ground. 

Concerned, Kaj stepped forward. Crown lowering so that silver frost hairs fell over his face from his forelock. Unwilling to move closer. The brute still had his own personal space after all and Kaj wouldn't intrude too far on it. Despite being a rather silent man he cleared his throat and called out to the stallion in his deep voice. "Sir? Are you well? Can I help you?" His large frame kept him rather far from the ground, but neck stretched low so muzzle nearly brushed the ground in order to meet eyes with the other male. Had something happened? Was he injured? Or was it an emotional pain?

World's Edge Stallion
Daisy
His bay body was covered in mud,not that he cared much. His mattered mane was all knotted together,caked in mud that almost interlocked in the mud. He must of looked a mess. Lost in thought of Sami he didn't notice golden buckskin heading his way. A lone tear trickled down his cheek but that just brought back more memories. None of the other horses there would cry,at all. It only brought him more pain that he was nothing like any of them in his home. Should he call it home? No. He didn't live there now did he? Where did he live now? He sighed. No where. He was alone in a strange world with no friends.

A deep voice brought him out are the dark void he seemed to be locked in. Sir? Are you well? Can I help you? Sir? It was the first time he had ever been called that. The best thing he had ever been called was fool; and even that wasn't the best thing one could be called...Raising his head he forced himself to stand,his mane draping lazily over his neck and eyes. He lifted his head to see a Pegasus towering over him with his head bent low. Pale blue eyes gazed at him,filled with concern. "I suppose I am alright in some ways but not all-and not it the best ways." He looked back at himself slightly,noticing what a complete mess he was. He turned his eyes back to the golden Pegasus. "It depends what help you can offer?"

Mud shifted the unknown color of the stud's bodice to the dark black that hung about him like a cloak. Kaj had no problem with the sticky substance, having a decent appreciation for the earth and its children. Even so he could not fathom how someone could remain willingly in it, so that nearly every square inch of them was covered in the muck. Brute seemed lifeless and bedraggled, nearly lifeless as if he had lost his meaning in the world. It was unnerving, yet only further encouraged the aureate stallion to help him back on his feet. Figuratively at least. Cranium rose slowly to meet his eyes; at least he had the energy to do so. If he was injured Kaj would have been completely unaware, for the mud covered everything eyes could discern in a usual case.

At last he rocked to his feet, though he seemed dead on them. Mane falling limp and lifeless over his shoulders and face, only accentuating the crushed look in his gaze. As he did this Kaj lifted his head once again, realizing that once again he was taller than the other. He had long gotten used to it however and hardly paid the thought any mind. Kaj had no input considering his body type, and the Gods had found it fit to make him tower over everyone else. Stag spoke again and Kaj focused himself, as he always did. He had a terrible attention span. The defeated tone had him feeling pity for him, but also understanding. "Nearly every soul has been in your shoes, my friend." Never saying any more than was needed, as was his way. As the brute turned his eyes to his own state, Kaj took not of it once again. "Shelter. A healer, should you need it. A home. A family. Guidance. Directions. Whatever it is you seek I shall strive to fulfill." Simple and to the point. There was no going wrong with that.

World's Edge Stallion
Daisy
The rain had slowly started to wash away the mud that covered his dark brown coat. His back was now visibly brown though it was still covered in dirt and soaked to the skin but luckily the sun had started to come out from the black clouds that had hovered over this part of the land as it had done previously before. It lifted his spirits slightly,drying his coat a little but also making the mud that coat his legs become hard; but at least most of it had been washed of his face and body. The blue markings round his eye and the hand print on his shoulder could just be seen though specks of dirt,it was also darker in color due to the rain making it harder to see then normal.

Nearly every soul has been in your shoes, my friend. A slight hint of a smile cold be seen on his maw for he knew the stallions words were true. Only most were strong enough to get over it and didn't cling on the the memories of what they once had. Shelter. A healer, should you need it. A home. A family. Guidance. Directions. Whatever it is you seek I shall strive to fulfill. His spirits were lifted more by the stallions kind words. Yes. A home was what he came here for wasn't it? Raising his head higher slightly in order to make a bit of a effort with his appearance. "If you could offer me that I would be willing to follow you to the end of the world." He paused. "My name is Panto by the way." A slight grinned followed as he spoke his name.

Rain darkened the glowing aureate colors that spread along the larger part of his bodice, turning it into a duller shade of its former illumination. Healthy luster had been dulled but strength of build and swell of muscles belied the truth that even rain could not deteriorate. Mud and various other substances leeched onto similarly colored pillars desperately, though Kaj was unbothered by this. Though darkened by the addition of the elements, he was uncaring of his own appearance and instead found only health and ability to be of importance. As nature’s children did nothing to impair either of these factors, Kaj had very little care that they decided to dry and harden upon his legs. He leaved by the sea after all, and it would not remain for long at that. Drizzle slowed, clouds parting to reveal the first soft beams of sunlight that struggled irregularly through the clouds that repressed them. With the improvement in his vision, Kaj could clearly see the differences in the stallion that stood almost submissively before him. Blue peered out from the caked on mud, a shock of color that Kaj had never seen outside of the roan family and godly markings. Kaj kept gaze respectfully on his face, knowing that the currently unnamed brute was in a very low place and would not hold it against him; unwilling to make him feel that Kaj was dissecting him or looking down on him for having emotions. The golden stallion found it brainless, and those who believed that because they were stallions that they were ‘manly’ and had no emotions shortsighted and obtuse.

At least his words seemed to draw forward a smile, weak as it was. He wasn’t necessarily good with words, but he used them wisely and they were weighted every time they left his lips. So naturally he had meant what he’d said. Kaj was, after all, a rather horrendous liar. Crown lifted higher as if empowered by his words, and he no longer seemed so drab and miserable. Perhaps Kaj had given him this minute internal light by extending his help. It was surprising how important hospitality and understanding was to those so desperately in need of it. An amused smile crept onto golden maw at his words. Kaj had not told him that the land was called the World’s Edge, but his words were fitting despite his naivety of the situation. Panto, as he soon discovered was his name, seemed empowered by this new acquaintanceship they had made. Perhaps even the first budding of friendship. He seemed so small, though in mentality more than appearance. Kaj hoped to instill a bit of bravery in him, to wipe that desolate and depressed look from his visage. "I am Kaj. As I do offer it, I will gladly lead you to my home, the World’s Edge." Head nodding in an almost decisive manner, turning and motioning slightly with his wing for Panto to follow him. Leading the way out of the thicket of the Threshold towards a new life for the other stallion. Kaj would be with him every step of the way, because Panto was to become his brother of the Edge.

[[I can start a new thread in the Edge if you'd like, or you can.]]

World's Edge Stallion
Daisy
[I can make one if you don't have much time though I think it would make more sense if you did as Panto is following his lead:) ]