the Rift

Collecting [Daenrys + Open]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The mare had not forgotten her promise to the fair maiden, Daenerys. And so the shadow came, to collect her new friend and comrade, to save her from the potential harms of her brother. Mirage smiled, for the brother would be seeking a welcome to the Foothills, a land where her own brothers resided. The creatures of shadow and fire would keep an eye on the venomous snake that was Viserys; Mirage did not like him, the vibes he radiated were unkind, and it took so little effort for her to rile him when they first met. While this did amuse Mirage, she would have preferred if he was a complete stranger that she could leave behind and forget, not the sibling of a friend who had the potential to become much more under the nurturing wings of the Qian.

“Daenerys.” Her gentle, soothing voice rolled forth from her tongue, a smile curling her lips. She wondered if the mare would still come – she hoped no harm had befallen her under the care of her brother. Akaith sent a long trill out, her draconic wings scooping the air nearby as her golden form glided along the borders of the lands. Mirage was not one to intrude, but neither did she feel unwelcome here, for the Foothills were her allies, and many a friend resided here also. Quietly, subtly, the mare made her presence known, and then; waited.

[ For Daenerys / Viserys, I would recommend Foothills members come along too for a meet & greet? ]

Indy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It was hard to ignore the glint of gold that he had spotted gliding through the sky, which he came to realize was a dragon. It was even harder to ignore the fact that he knew of no member of his herd that was bonded to a golden dragon. Indy stood tall, watching the dragon as it flew along the borders, one of his ears tiled forward at the sound of her trill. The anxiousness he'd been feeling was brought to the forefront of his mind and heart as he watched. From his experience dragons usually meant unrest. Having one and her bonded on the very edges of his home did not sit well with the tall stallion.

Indy ambled in the direction he had seen the dragon flying. A black mare came into view and Indy guessed that she was the dragon's bonded one. He didn't recognize her from the herd, nor did she smell of the Foothills. He carriage of her body told the tale that she had come for something. He continued to study the mare, even as he came to a halt facing her.

"What business do you have here?" The stallion rumbled. She made him uneasy, lurking on the edges of his home. For what? What was she looking for? What did she want
sxc.hu, Sooty-Bunnie, AlaskaStock, and ilovearies

Viserys Posts: N/A
Unregistered

VISERYS

merely this and nothing more.

"So, you came." The pearlescent figure that was Viserys slithered rather than walked up to them. His gait was relaxed, a content smile playing on his soft kissers. Mirage had held her word to his sister, he would have to commend her for that, but that was as far as he could stretch his appraisal. After the little run-in he had had with her brothers, Viserys knew that Mirage was onto him, which was of course unfortunate. However he also knew that Daenerys, no matter his actions against her, would never let them hurt him.

He was amused that Mirage suddenly so fiercely took on the role of protector of Dany; Vis was quite ready to give it up, it was a tiresome job and he was getting rather sick of it. "This is the Lady Mirage I spoke of," he said, directed at Honcho. "I believe she has come to pick up my sweet sister, as promised." It was pretty funny, how Honcho stood there, huffing and puffing. Heavens, it’s a female. Why so serious? he thought, smiling to himself.

Daenerys Posts: 41
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 hh :: 5
Cami

DAENERYS
All I loved, I loved alone.

Daenerys wasn’t far behind. The white fae walked in long strides, her nape kept at level with her body as she approached. Her outside was calm, but her head was filled with confusion and hurt. What had happened to her, what he had done, she had still not been able to grasp. She would not let her weakness show, not here, so she kept up a façade of serenity as she came to a halt, putting some space in between her and Viserys. "It’s good to see you, Lady Mirage," she chimed, dipping her head respectfully to the charcoal femme.

The pale fae looked over to Indy as well, a grateful smile gracing her sweet lips. "Thank you for the hospitality, sir. I shan’t trouble you any further," she said, moving over to Mirage and gently bumping her muzzle against the other’s nape, a warm greeting. Daenerys hoped that they could get the talking done quickly, so she could escape Viserys’ watchful eye. She felt his slimy gaze on her, but she did not look in his direction, or she was afraid she would crumble.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The first to arrive was a dark stallion, his presence was strong and held authority about his crown; Mirage recognised him as a leader here, possibly even as Gossamer mate. It was interesting to her that she held a relatively close friendship to the pale leader of the Foothills, and yet had never happened across her mate, Indy, Mirage reflected upon the mare mentioning him before. But it seemed that her description hadn’t been communicated throughout the lands, and though this leader might have been informed of her existence, he didn’t know what to look for when seeking her out. Respectfully her tiara tilted to him, recognising that she was a stranger to him upon his own lands, a situation that she understood sometimes required one to get defensive and protect their lands. But she was no threat to them; the Foothills were her allies.

Before her accented tones could grace the ears of the Leader, the pathetic snake of a stallion arrived, and Mirage acknowledged him with nothing more than an indifferent glance, her gaze softening as right behind him walked Daenerys. While Viserys’ scent was thick and husky – one Mirage instinctively recognised as defining recent procreational activities – Daenerys was fresh and new, her perfume that of a mare recently bathed. But the mare thought little of the curious scents for now, her thoughts drawn back to the Leader; her body longing to do nothing more than take Daenerys away from the pale brother and reassure her security within the Qian.

“Indy,” she addressed him directly, her warm honey gaze holding onto his own with a firm, quiet confidence. “My business here is honest; I promised young Daenerys the protection of my kin, the Qian, after she spent a night with her brother.” Accented tones never wavered, a small affection was displayed when she spoke of the pale youth, the older mare returning the gentle stroke of touch upon Daenerys’ very muzzle. “We are allies, my brothers serve the Foothills are capable warriors, and the Foothills has the Qian’s promise of aid should you ever require it.” She added, wondering if the stallion would recognise Akaith, who was floating delicately from the skies to land upon her bonded’s withers. The dragon had attended the Foothills’ herd meeting where Mirage could not, the dragon had ensured that the Qian was mentioned as an ally.

“Though we have not met directly before, I hope to call you a friend.” Again her tiara tilted, the mare’s stance otherwise that of an affectionate sister towards Daenerys, and plain indifference as to the presence of Viserys. Truly, she cared not whether he lived or died – perhaps once she learnt of what had unfolded on that one night alone with Daen, she would care a great deal more.

Indy Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Annoyance resonated deep within Indy's very soul when the stallion Viserys arrived with his sister. He watched the black mare as she looked at the pale stallion indifferently. Indy cast him the same look before he settled his attention back on the unknown mare who, apparently, knew him. His weight shifted as he rested a hind leg on the tip of his hoof and listened as she said her business was honest and explained her desire to whisk Daenerys away. "Generally I frown upon those who come here wishing to take members of my herd." He began. "But I do believe I understand young Daenerys' desire to be far from her brother, and so I will not stand in your way." If only someone would come to take Viserys away.

"You were no trouble at all, my dear." He offered Daenerys a kind smile and a nod of his head. "Should you ever desire to come back our herd is open to you." Indy looked to Mirage, continuing to ignore the snake that had slithered in before his sister. "Madyrn and Maskan are your brothers? Yes, I can see the resemblance." They were good warriors, protective of their home and herdmates, he had to give them that. "I've asked that they watch over our friend, here." A sidelong glance at Viserys was spared before Indy was, again, focused on Mirage.

"It is truly a pleasure to finally meet you, Mirage." The stallion spoke again. After hearing so much about her in such a short amount of time he had been curious about who exactly she was and now that the dragon was close enough he recognized her from the herd meeting. "Akaith." He remembered her name, but not who had introduced the dragon. "It would be an honor to call you a friend."

sxc.hu, Sooty-Bunnie, AlaskaStock, and ilovearies

Viserys Posts: N/A
Unregistered

VISERYS

merely this and nothing more.

He knew damn well that he wasn’t wanted there; you’d only have to look around at their faces to be sure. The grin on his face took residence as Mirage decided not to acknowledge his presence by much more than a stink eye. It only worked as encouragement, and Viserys let his muzzle touch Dany gently as she walked past, inhaling her scent. Pure, fresh, but not so innocent anymore. The others continued with their courtesies, and they bored him regally, causing him to flick his tail impatiently.

He snorted at Honcho’s notion that Dany should want to get away from him. I imagine I’d want to get away from you as well, sooner than I planned. The pale stag turned his delicate skull and spoke directed at his sister, who did not look at him. "Bye for now, Daenerys. I believe I’ll see you around," he said, turning on his heels and walking away with his head held high. He was free, rid of the heavy responsibility for the child, but also suddenly very much alone. He wouldn’t let them have the pleasure of seeing his weakness, now he had to be stronger than ever before.

Daenerys Posts: 41
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 hh :: 5
Cami

DAENERYS
All I loved, I loved alone.

She felt warmth within her as Mirage returned her touch; it felt nice to have someone really caring for you again. The pearly youth smiled faintly as Mirage talked of protection and family, and she longed to get going. Just being near him made her feel weak, so when he bade her farewell, she almost sighed in relief. Instead, she just nodded respectfully to him and watched him disappear. As Indy addressed her again, she dipped her head and smiled at him genuinely. "You’re too kind, sir. I hope we meet again," she chirped softly.

Her legs felt weak under her, but at least she had managed to rid herself of his smell. Dany hadn’t fully grasped that from this moment, Viserys couldn’t hurt her anymore. Never again would she have to suffer from his foul moods, his schemes and constant paranoia. So, why was she so tired? Well, someplace within her, she knew he would return. And she knew the outcome could potentially be fatal for one of them; with the alliance of The Qian, Dany was the unlikely candidate. Even if she hoped to never see him again, she did not wish him dead; he was her own blood, and he would be the father of the son that was growing within her. Ridding her head of these heavy thoughts, Daenerys looked to Mirage with a smile, waiting for her cue to leave.