the Rift

Slaves of the Heart (Rapha)

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo
[Image: 50c363de13e47]

Valentine

The child wondered the outskirts of the Basin. After being with the company of the elder unicorn, Myrddin, he certainly felt like one. His body was tense; moving through the soft, light snow, it was a touch of fire instead of ice. It was snowing at the point in time, and it did nothing to move his out of his thoughts. He seemed to be more in his head than anything right now. His body was weary. He was losing weight, haven’t eaten in days, not excreting waste either. His chest pains where almost unbearable, and he could only stand for a few hours a day now. His mind was immune to all of this, and it was consumed of thoughts of hatred, anger, love, betrayal, and passion. Who was the betrayer? The DarkEmpress was indeed a manipulator, and that he knew from the beginning when he had met the witch in the Steppe. But she took it too far. Or was it him that took it too far? It seemed that they had both done so much wrong, yet everything they had done was right. One thing was clear to him only: he could not stay here, in this Basin, and let her rule. Not anymore. He was done accepting her as his lead, and he knew his Plague days where over. He wanted to get away from here, to run, to hide. Where would he go? Into the wilds? No, the wilds would never do. He needed a place with protection, in case Psyche decided to come after him. He racked his brain. The Edge, Foothills, and Throat were the only places with this protection. He knew he couldn’t just waltz in there and demand to become part of the herd. But he needed to do something, and quickly.

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Follow the trail of blood…
You'll find me at the end.

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Rapha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

BACCHUS
the good guys never win

He will die should he not eat, stuff the pale belly that lies hollowed and tucked up tight against ribs lean and sharp against hide white; each muscle is tight, skin taut over it; and his eyes burned with a fierce fervor much more alive than the sack of bones and skin he has become. His name is Valentine, Rapha remembers, and Rapha fears him. The stallion had caused pain. Fierce, burning pain, burning pain.

Rapha had experienced many types of pain, but never had he been scorched before by licking, hungry flames flaring red and gold and yellow; colors of blood and pain. The gash would, indeed, have been but a light, long line down his neck, but the stallion's horn had been flying banners of fire, and so the golden edges had been charred and scorched, curling up, peeling away to expose bloody black flesh, a single line of brilliant red drawn into it, where the flesh had been cut to muscle. Pain was one thing the slave could not suffer through- he feared it more than he feared the unicorns.

Should Rapha be upon the outskirts of the Basin wide and somewhat safe? No- but he was looking for his Lady, his Master, who had disappeared sometime in Frostfall, leaving him with unicorns rabid for his blood. Where was she, the magnificent princess, where was the fine elegant Lady he so adored and admired with a haunting fervor? "Eat, sir of the Basin. You will die too soon should you not." Fleet-footed, short-stepping, eyes lowered- that is how he approaches, to stop a safe ten feet away from the stallion who scorched his neck.

[Image: bacchus_by_ladyfey-d5jbta3.png]

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

Hunger. Hunger and pain ravaged the light grey stallion’s body, moving his till he couldn’t walk anymore. He didn’t realize it was hunger until the slave put it into words. His stomach was empty, a sac in his body with no use to him. It had been empty for days now, showing no sign of filling up again, until that day. Food? How long…have I not eaten? His looked at his body. He was a loose bad of bones, sagging from his deterioration. Is there a way he could reverse it, or was it already too late. He bowed his head, trying to touch his muzzle to grass, but fell. His body hit on his left side, and his body weight fell on his left knee, and it twisted a bit. He moaned in pain, resting on his left side. He didn’t try to stand up, knowing that he hurt himself, and he probably wouldn’t be able to get up for a while. He looked at the slave again, knowing he was correct. He lifted his head, teeth grinding grass next to him. He looked at once more, deciding to speak to him.
“Thank…you.” He looked at the mark he left on the slave’s shoulder, remembering his anger at Psyche. He was ashamed, and didn’t even think about it till now. “I’m very sorry that I injured you. I was only angry with Psyche, not you.”

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Unregistered

RAPHA
the good guys never win

The small stallion recoils as the white sir speaks, skin twitching over muscle, nerves filling him with memories of burning skin and the scent of charred flesh. He watches, eyes filled with a strange emotion, one best described as a desire and lust and fear and annoyance, and he finds himself, for once standing taller than one around him as the white beast falls. Valentine.

Rapha stands stock-still, wary of conversation, for so often it is only bait for a poor fool. Rapha knows he is not very smart, not at all, and so he shifts uncomfortably as the pale harmer-of-family-served apologizes. He must be new to this- this- this everything. Nobody speaks their regrets for harming one such as himself. Should he tend to the stallion? No... he will not and shall not. Lady Psyche has not told him so, neither had Master Sno, so instead he will watch in silence.

So there he watches dully as Valentine chews the grass, head near to the ground, and he begins to graze idly, wondering if he should remain in the presence of this unicorn or leave now. Where is Sno, he finds himself thinking again? Why did Valentine want to know about Sno? It wasn't his business to ask Psyche about her love life. Who cared if the white evil-doer loved her? Psyche- no, not Psyche, Lady Psyche, did not serve anyone except the welfare of the herd. Excluding the slave, of course. Who was Mauja, as well, Rapha thought curiously? He know Mauja was the Master's father, but otherwise...? He knew not.

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

The silence of the slave was normal to him, but he couldn’t help think that he was plotting. He was quiet, as he guessed a slave should be, but you had to do something when you couldn’t talk. Valentine knew that he liked to think, and it had almost become a dangerous pastime for him. Thoughts were both good and bad. They swirled around in his mind, sometimes playing out things that would never happen, other times playing out things that were possibly real, and still others played out the past. The past was a dark and dank room in his mind, were he seldom wasn’t wondering. What was it about these old artifacts that kept him coming back? They never seemed to bore him, and although they never changed, he still had to get the ending. It was a badly written book, but sometimes you had to write your thoughts down, even if you were drunk and out of your mind. The present was similar to the room of the past. It was dark, and he felt the pain in his intestines when he went there. Everything that he had experienced recently he felt now, all together. It wasn’t pleasant, but he needed to feel that, in order to prepare himself for the future. The room of the future was a different room entirely. On one half, it was brightly lit with candles, things hanging on the walls. There were pictures, books, maps, and other various things that had no definite faces and readable words. It was a sign of hope, good times, and that life would get better, no matter what. The other side, facing Valentine, was just like the past. It was almost pitch black, mist fogging his vision. This future was the untold tale of bloodshed, and it was up to him if he experienced it. Ghosts formed in the mist, images of him being murdered by unicorns floated past his vision. Next was his body lying motionless, a look of pain etched on his face as he had past away from his illnesses. His body was thin, every bone showing on him. His muscles had deteriorated, and there was nothing left of him. He shivered at this thought. No, he wouldn’t let this happen. He keep eating, trying to get as much into his stomach as he could. He wouldn’t let himself die. Giving up just wasn’t his style.
“So…what is it like being a slave?”

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Unregistered

RAPHA
the good guys never win

Was this stallion not only starved physically but mentally? Who, exactly, asked what it was like being a slave? Wasn't it obvious? Maybe this stallion was just trying to pull his leg. Or tail. The slave didn't really know the expression. He shuffled himself a little farther away, as if this white stallion had a terrible disease and was contagious, and he wondered if he should maybe leave, go and wait at Snö or Psyche's side. Snö, if he could find her. There was this nagging doubt she had been here the whole time...

The pony keeps his eyes down, and doesn't say anything for a long minute. Does he say he doesn't like it? That despite his hate for it, he needs it? That it is only his proper place and he cannot speak against his owner? Does he say that he loves Snö? Does he say, does he say, what? Explain the conditions in Prisporian Proper? Tell Valentine how he was caught so young, beaten into submission, dragged in chains up to the market? How he stood in a row with those horses also miserable, also enslaved, captured, by the unicorns? All of them beaten down, stepped on, until they were submissive pets.

And he could feel his cheeks burning under his fur as Rapha remembered the jeering calls of the unicorns as they bid on him. Of the auctioneer crying out, 'Ah, he's just a skinny lad, but he'll do wonderful pulling the carts or carrying stuff you need! He has some muscles under there, even if they are lacking! Excellent in the mines as well, ponies are...' Then Rapha was condemned to the miserable life of a slave.

"Excuse me sir, but I should be going." The pony says, and with that he backs away with his nose brushing the ground, then spins around and walks away as fast as he can.

[Finished thread :| Sorry he's not the best at conversations.]