the Rift

If I Said We Were Dangerous, Would That Stop You? [Loki, Open]

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sandman
Let’s just say that if complete and utter chaos were lightning, then he’d be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armor and shouting, “All gods are bastards!”
-Terry Pratchett

Success. It was a sweet feeling, raising him up and banishing the specter of his greatest failure, at least for a while. The black unipeg, Loki he had learned, had not been hard to lure away from the gathering in the Threshold, and none of the others had bothered to follow the pair. Plus, it was nice to have another male to talk to, rather than the mares he had been surrounding himself with. They either were shallow, naïve creatures who held little true interest for him, or else they probed and prodded at raw emotional wounds, trying to ‘draw him out’, and ‘talk about his feelings.’ This stallion though was a kindred soul, another who just careened through life without caring about how others felt or the way their innocent victims were plunged into chaos and depression when it was time to move on.

And here he was, striding blithely through the same place he had met one of those girls, the silly young paint filly who was so enamored of him. Though during their last meeting she had seemed a little…odd. He pondered that, even as he halted by a flowing river and lowered his head to drink. The water was cold, shockingly so, and he pulled back a bit more quickly than necessary. Being born in a desert resulted in a distaste for anything cold, and he eyed the rushing liquid with disdain before turning to his companion. “This place is known as the Thistle Meadow, for obvious reasons.” An inclination of his head toward a nearby patch of the purple flowered plant serves to illustrate his point before the chestnut continues. “I’m afraid it’s rather boring, but usually there’s at least one or two others about to speak with, if you should feel so inclined.” A smile lifts his lips, not the charming one that many of his acquaintances are familiar with, but more of a devious, feral smirk. “Shall we make our presence known?”

Loki Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 4
teeroo

Loki

"That's the thing about loving a wild thing: Your always left watching the door"

He walked with the chestnut stallion, looking around this new land. It was interesting, but he felt that he was looking at the scenery too much again. He focused his attention on the other stallion then. His scent was slightly masculine, though it did have the scent of other mares on him. He guessed him to be a ladies man like himself. If he was, then they were sure to be in competition with each other. It was mostly easy to get mares, and he had almost perfected in the two years he had been doing it. He could easily snatch the so desired mare from whomever she had her eyes on, and he wasn’t afraid to do it. Besides, what was the fun in having just one mare? He watched the stallion stopped near a river. He leaned his head in to drink from it, and then suddenly pulled it back. He wondered why, and as an always-curious cat, he moved toward the river beside him.

“What’s the matter Sandy?” He dipped his hoof into the water, letting the water rush past his hoof, and he lowered it to his ankle. He felt the temperature of the water as being cold. It wasn’t a problem for him, being born and growing up in cold mountains, having to either freeze for a couple of hours or try to find a water place. He laughed when he saw the looked on the chestnut’s face. It was a look of disgust.

“Aw, is someone afraid of water?” He smiled at him, gleefully playing with him. “I wonder what would happen…if I did this?”He smiled a wicked smile, and stepped down in the water. Moving quickly, he sprang into action. He moved himself around, causing water to splash, and using his front hooves to move water towards Sandman, hoping to get him wet. He laughed again, waiting for his reaction. Hearing the rest of his words, he looked around, seeing if he could find anyone.

“I think your right. This place is pretty boring, so let’s see who is here." He shouted out towards the whole meadow. Hello, is there anyone there?”

Acting Sexy
"lie lie lie"
"plot plot plot"

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on Valentine's account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Loki and Angora, lines by tamme, colored by paddeh <3

Unregistered

Sandman
Let’s just say that if complete and utter chaos were lightning, then he’d be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armor and shouting, “All gods are bastards!”
-Terry Pratchett

The tone of Loki’s voice, the cruel smile and purposeful stride into the river warned the chestnut of coming mischief, but he isn’t fast enough to dodge the sudden spray of frigid droplets that splatter against his golden pelt. Ears pin to his skull as he snaps at the black. “That wasn't funny Guenhwyvar!” The name slips out accidentally, and it rings maliciously in his head, taunting with memories of his best friend the betrayer. “Loki,” he corrects quietly, temporarily subdued by his mistake. “I meant to say Loki.” Why had he yelled at Guen, when he had not seen the Friesian for over a year? He and this stranger had nothing in common, except for being large and black. Guen had possessed a dark sense of humor, and was obsessed with being the honorable villain. Yes, there had been times when the two of them had goofed off, acting silly just because they could, but such moments were few and far between. How had Loki stirred up these old memories with such a simple action?

It took only a few seconds for these thoughts to race through and be forcibly repressed, but he doubts the lapse will go unnoticed, just as his slip of the tongue will not. Still, he shifts his expression into something less lost and hostile, making himself smile and pretend everything is all right. It would be fine soon, he is certain. It has to be. Loki will replace Guenhwyvar, keeping the phantom away until he is forgotten, as he should be. Even the shade of Angel will be driven out, and no, he’s not thinking about them, not at all, because if he does it will hurt, and he doesn't want to hurt, doesn't want to remember, and yes he’s sure, because he’s tired of being haunted by the horses he left behind, and he’s not thinking about it dammit.

Through the chaos of his own inner voice, he hears Loki calling out for others, and he dimly approves. Others will help, will distract him and keep him safe for a while longer, will inscribe themselves in his mind until he forgets his past. After all, his brain can only hold a certain amount, right? And the newer experiences will push out the older ones. It will be ok. It has to be ok.

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

(May I?)

Happy day, those obnoxious white wings and glowing halo were finally gone! Her rear had returned to normal as well, although privately Aryel had to admit she had liked the dark blue appaloosa spots when they weren't glowing. Returned to her normal colors, she had decided to head out into Thistle Meadow for a long graze on the Birdsong grass.

Situated in a shallow dip between two small hills, she had been nibbling a patch of clover when somebody's call rang over the grass. Blue-black eyes scanned the meadow for for horse who had shouted, but she couldn't see much at her lower elevation. She left her clover and walked up the hillside, able to see much better from that point of view. Aryel's eyes landed on two horses a short distance away. One was a sandy color with a thick-legged build that belied strong muscles. The second...her brow furrowed. He bore horns. Oh, yay. Nearly every unicorn she had met in Helovia so far had been an arrogant, racist snob.

But none of them had had wings as well.

That was certainly odd. She had seen a young hybrid in the steppes, but the concept of a horse being two breeds at one was unknown in her home herd. Perhaps this warranted investigation, even if he was a hornhead.

She sent out a quick answering whinny before trotting the hill towards the two. Her posture was relaxed, but she stopped a short distance away from them. No need to get close until she knew who they were. "What's all the shouting about?" she asked with a slight tilt of her head. She was glad her regular markings were back, she had endured quite enough tasteless jibes about those glowing butt spots for one season. Maybe now she could finally have a civil conversation.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Aisha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
The ebony body of Aisha could be see dancing though thistles,the spiking of them could not dampen her mood as she had come fresh out of a spar and the spirit of the battle was still running though her veins as it did after a fight and for Aisha it stayed in her veins longer then it did most other horses. The bite on her neck wasn't very painful as it wasn't very deep of big and she doubted it was going to scar. At least not like the one over her eye. The pain that had been surging though her back had stopped though there was a ruffle of her fur where the hoofs had pushed of her and a slight bruise mark. Her legs felt no pain either and so she could dance around all she wanted.

In the distance she could see a trio of a Pegasus,Equine and a hybrid? Horns and wings? Impressive. A heavy body bulid held gold wings and two curved horns,like a rams. The Pegasus was blue version of a bay,darker legs,mane and tail then the rest of the body,and the Equine was a simple chestnut color. Bucking with the tiniest bit of pain in her back she cantered over the the trio and stopped dead,her ears flicked forward as she was full of curiosity of the trio. "Hey! Aisha,who are you guys?" Turning the the blue mare she recognised the smell of the Throat on her. "From the Throat? Same!"

OOC:You mind?:)

Hidden Account
teeroo

Loki

"That's the thing about loving a wild thing: Your always left watching the door"

A laugh echoed from the black clydesdale. He was pleased with how his prank when, but he wasn’t expecting him to mistake him from someone else. He would pry later.
“Ah, you’re seeing other men behind my back? How could you?” His face was dramatic as he stepped from the river. He walked pasted him and flicked his wet tail towards Sandman, hoping to get more water on him. “You deserve that then, getting all wet. All I ask is if your going to be unfaithful, at least say the right name.” He smirked, wandering what he would say to that. He thought the other draft would have an answer, but he assumed not.

Just then he heard a whinny, and saw a mare. So the game begins a new. He looked this one over, appealed by her coat. It was different than what he was used to, but interesting. He needed some spice in his life, and Sandy could only do so much for him. Her words were simple enough, and he was about to start when another mare came prancing towards them. Two mares? The stallion got excited then. He had never had the chance to seduce two mares at one time, but this was it. He prepared himself, flexing his wings and moving his head. He moved towards the mares, looking at them with a big smile on his face, allure in his eyes.

“Hello there beautiful maidens. It’s a pleasure to meet such alluring mares. My name is Loki, and this here is Sandman.” He gestured with his head towards the chestnut, wondering if he would take this opportunity as well, or would just sit there. Loki wouldn’t mind either way. Finder’s keepers, but he wasn’t going to be the weeper.

“The shouting was a call for other horses in the area, like your gorgeous self. I am new to this land, and I was wondering if there was anyone knew I could meet.” He strutted himself around, moving with his best grace to the right of the mares. “A new land means new places to explore. Aisha, as you said your name was, tell me sweetheart, was is this place called the Dragon’s Throat like?”

(OCC: Not at all! They both love mares ;) )

Acting Sexy
"lie lie lie"
"plot plot plot"

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on Valentine's account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Unregistered

Sandman
-Terry Pratchett

The glib retort is unexpected, and it takes a moment for the brooding chestnut to realize that Loki is simply joking, offering a friendly taunt rather than assuming that the two of them are in a relationship. More water hits his chest and neck from the flicked tail, the cold liquid bringing him from his thoughts. Though annoyed, he supposes that the distraction is not unwelcome. Not pleasant either, of course, and he is tempted to give the hybrid a good kick for his prank, but for now he will let it slide.

Besides, the call of another horse is floating through the air, surprisingly close. He turns to see a blue pegasus mare approaching, marked with darker stockings and a white blaze. She is intriguingly different from the other mares he had been spending time with, not the mention the first one with wings. He forces a kind smile onto his face, so easy and familiar that sometimes he wonders just who he is. The kind, charming stranger, or the brooding, haunted one. He supposes it doesn't matter. The curtains have risen, and the show must go on. It is time to play his part.

Yet, it would seem that the play will be performed for a larger audience. Another lady, this one a black equine, is rushing to join their unusual trio, bucking as she came, until halting abruptly once she reached them. Showing more exuberance than the first, she immediately introduces herself and turns to the blue dove, excitedly proclaiming the two of them to be from Dragon’s Throat.

Loki wastes no time, he notices, primping and charming as soon as the girl falls silent. Not very subtle, but sometimes the bold approach works just as well. But it is not his style, to all but declare his intentions for the whole world to see, and so he remains quiet. There really isn't much to say that has not already been said by his dark companion, and he would rather learn a bit more about these lasses before engaging. Tail swishes gently as he stands, feeling the sun as it works on drying his pelt. Sometimes, he thinks, being in the background isn't so bad.

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel

Aryel turned as another mare joined the group, ears flicking back as she saw that this one too had a horn. She was pure black with an elegant build that contrasted slightly with Aryel's more compact body. Her expression immediately brightened, though, as she caught the now-familiar sandy smell of the Dragon's Throat. "Aryel." she responded to Aisha. "A soldier."

She looked back at the hybrid, a wry smile pulling at her lips as he began laying on the charm. Well, he was a good-looking horse, but she was no ditzy filly mooning after every boy that crossed her path. Flattery was nice, but one had to be careful when dealing with Casanovas like these, no matter how attractive they were. She gave a polite nod to Sandman as he was introduced, then turned her attention back to Loki as he strutted. So he was an explorer as well. She herself had an affinity for roaming. When her politely inquired about their home, she gave Aisha a sideways glance, wondering how much they should let this "stud" know.

Her eyes went back to Sandman. He didn't appear to be very talkative, and she scrutinized him for a moment. Did that mean he was the strong and silent type, or simply plotting? She returned her attention to the others, waiting for Aisha's response. She doubted they really had anything to fear from these two, unless they began to get pushy. In which case, she figured Aisha and herself could show them off with little trouble.

"blah blah blah."

Aisha Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Loki defiantly was talkative Aisha decided and seemed to be trying it on with herself and the blue Pegasus. Sandman,however,seemed to take a back seat in the meeting,letting Loki do all the talking. sweetheart? Her lip curled up into a slight smile then, purposely,flicked her forelock out her eyes,showing the scar that told a story of its own. Am I still such a sweetheart? She grinned to herself wondering what there reaction might be. The blue Pegasus to,spoke her name and position. All her legs lifted one by one in less then two seconds in pure excitement at finally meeting another solider of the Throat.

The side way glance from Aryel reminded her that Loki had said; 'what is this place called the Dragon’s Throat like?' Calming herself she smiled at Sandman then turned to Loki,then to Ayrel,her voice was still as existed as before though he body movements had settled. "I'm a solider to." Her scar was visible. "Oh it's nice to meet you all by the way!" She grinned sweetly as she flicked her tail. She then shifted her position so that she was more to the side Aryel was then Sandman and facing Loki. "The Throat." She paused,weary of why the outcast wanted to know. "First tell us,why would you want to know?" She stepped up to Loki,making sure to have her forelock out her eyes so that the ocean blue orbs could be seen as well as her scar. She turned her neck to look at Aryel,winking before turning back to Loki. "You gonna tell me why then you wanna know,sir?" She closed her eye lids and then reopened them,they were bluer then ever.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hidden Account
teeroo

[Image: loki_by_daemy-d5qkwq1_zps29da1fc7.png]

You were meant to be ruled

The ebony chuckled. “I am not a threat. I am new to this land, beautiful Helovia. I am a wander at heart, and I wish to see what this land is like and has to offer, every corner of it.”He spoke true, but lies where already forming in his head. It was interesting how these mares acted.

The blue one was quiet, like Sandman was being now, and he wondered if she was plotting, just like the chestnut was. It was so easy to see through some at times, and interesting to see what they would do once they had been caught. He knew the chestnut had his same of mind, and his fever might be the same if not worse than his own. He moved towards the females. Spreading his wings over them.

“I myself am quite interested in herd lands, haven’t being in a place I can call my own for a quite a while. I remember what it was like to have such a place, where you had many brothers and sisters to help you and protected you when you needed it, and to scorn and heal you when you were out of place or were bleeding.“

Memories floated in the stallion’s mind, but he moved them aside. Now was definitely the time for feelings, for he was just pretending, and his mask had to fit perfectly, otherwise he would be exposed. He didn’t want to show the mares the ugly side of his face, and there was hardly any that knew about it, for he was too pretty to let that side of him exist in the spotlight. “All I ask is for information, for I am just simply curious, that is all.”

(OCC: So bad, I'm sorry)

Acting Sexy
"lie lie lie"
"plot plot plot"

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel

Aryel doubted these horses posed any serious threat, but it was her job to protect her home, and she didn't want to be the one to bring trouble into the Throat. Could she really trust them?

Oh, stop it, she mentally scolded herself. You've got no reason to think these two pose any sort of threat to the Throat. Besides, it wasn't like they couldn't defend themselves. And if this horse really was a newcomer, he would need to know more about the land. She certainly wouldn't want to find herself floundering in a place she knew nothing about.

Still, his movement forwards, as well as the spreading of his wings, gave her cause to doubt. It didn't help that the action drew attention to his considerable muscles, as well as the healthy shine of his feathers that only pegasi could really appreciate. She managed to move her eyes back to his face as he spoke, but then it was the smoothness of his voice that caught her attention.

What the hell? Get a grip.

Perhaps she should humor him, without all but writing him a map on how to get to their herdland. "Well, I wouldn't be able to tell you much about the other herds, but our own home is just like that. We all look out for eachother, and our leaders are two very kind, very brave horses." She tossed her head at Aisha. "We're mostly pegasi, but we take in all races. The Windtossed Foothills are another herd, mostly equines. Then there's the World's Edge, which is predominately unicorns." Her expression became slightly less pleasant as she got to the fourth herd. "And then you've got Aurora Basin. Pure unicorn, and there's a fair lot of them who look down on anyone without a horn sticking out of their head. I wouldn't recommend going there, I really wouldn't. Sandman wouldn't be allowed past the border, and you, well, I don't think they count hybrids as unicorns."

Dialogue finished, she whisked her tail from side to side. "And there you have it, Helovian herds in a nutshell. There's a few Outcast bands as well, but they're much smaller."

"blah blah blah."