the Rift

Come to Me. [Mandrake Sons]

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex

The Foothills hold its breath where I walk, the grass recoils and the trees rustle uneasily. The skies turn gray and the waters run the color of iron. I am a ghost, today, a chameleon, my coat rippling black to match the shadows deep and pale, mottled browns and faded greens, the color of the grass dry and sweet. Stone eyes watch, silent, the only piece of me appearing solid in my rippling coat that fades and strengthen to match the wavering light of the sky ashen-faced, the sun only a pale little disc behind the thick screen of oyster and silver.

My dark hooves clatter on rocks even darker, even blacker, even sootier- rocks wet and sprayed by the tonnes of water pouring from the broad wall of the stony-faced mountain. Today is a somber day, the kind of day that has a constant, bone-drenching dampness to it and a film of not quite rain, not quite fog. It is the sort of day I love, for my coat, even without my ability, I blend into it. Some may believe the heavens to be spitting upon them- for me, it is simply kissing, running sweaty hands down my ebony forelock, slowly dampening my coat until I am near soaked.

I stand lazily by the falls, listening to the crash and rumble of the water, letting the spray soak my lower legs. I swish my tail, sending away the buzzing flies that have already popped up quicker than you could say "shoo". Annoying little things, bugs were, rather like the many horses that tried to stop I and my sons march to greatness and achievements.

It is time to call my sons, who have, one by one, come to return me.

My call is irresistible, slow, melodious, yet somehow retaining the fiercely cold, biting edge that warns everyone not to dare cross me. "Sons..." I summon them, and then I fall silent. I will not call again, so they better get here quick and swift before I must punish all of them.

[Takes place before Evers/Archibald was challenged. Svetlana is still in power at the time of this. Please take your time and don't feel any rush to respond to this.]