the Rift

Join Me? || Midas, and other stallions [closed]

Angora Posts: 71
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15hh :: Died at 6yo Buff: NOVICE
Vallie
She had heard the tales of the Throat stallion. Painted black and white. White wings capped with the gold from the desert sand. She wanted a royal toy. How fun could this really be? Only her soul knew. The guiltless fae had already met the black stallion with golden wings. How different could this so called 'Midas' be?

She was on the thin layer of ice. Every step she took, the ice always met her hoofs with a cold and refreshing kick.The cave grew and came her towards her. Not literally, she was at a brisk trot so thing came and went faster. Her golden coat with defined black points made her stand out very much. The cave lay next to her. She walked inside of the cave. The cool walls exhibited the ice perfectly. Her reflection easily seen in the ice, but diminished when she walked farther. She knew the stallion would find her. She would then try hard to seduce his form. Ebony lips formed their words. "Midas, do you want company?" A slight purr almost. Her voice carried and echoed far hopefully he'd hear her.

Deep and seductive. It was her way. She evenly distributed her weight and arched her neck. Prepared for anything an bound for lust. Her ears her flicked back easily, but her patience was frail. She paced slightly, then stopped, and then she'd flick her head and tail. The wind then gave a whimper of a breeze. The noise made a whistling sound as it rubbed the entrance to the cave. The smell in the air was clean and she didn't like it on bit but she'd put up for it, but would this all go to waste? Would even slightly seduce him?

OOC: Sorry about the length, but they will increase inlength
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Home seemed distant, and during frigid nighttime hours—even more so. I had traveled from the desert to this foreign wasteland of ice and snow. Beauty unnoticed by eyes clouded with bitter thoughts of payback. My time was spent chasing rumors and idle gossip that had chance at leading me toward a savoring flavor that didn’t use to suit my personality. I sought revenge for the pain dealt to a beloved child, thus far vain attempts turned empty toward satisfaction. At least my mortal struggles had a partner.

This lifelong companion lay within the form a bird built upon the element of fire. Fina took to reminding me of her displeasure every few moments by sending mental images of sand and home through our bond.

Considering she had the warmest seat, all complaints were met with a simple shake and forced picture of Cera squirming in pain to induce a twinge of guilt that would shut her up a whole two seconds. Eventually the lass gave up and curled into a spot hidden from wind, tucking small body in empty gap between warm feathers and bone. At least one of us is semi comfortable, I muttered through clinched teeth.

Amidst all complaining, my little girl’s presence was an irreplaceable comfort. She rode, while I grimaced with each icy blast of wind that struck out like a pale backhand; wind that seemed hell bent upon chilling every fiber within this body. The sensitive nerves in winged muscles felt numb and slow, I beat them against my side for warmth; movement allowing a small pocket of warmed air to escape and cool hidden flesh. After walking for what seemed like hours, we finally happened upon a shelter. I glanced up at the walls of ice with relief scattering worried lines from granite face.

If I could just rest a little, and get out of biting air....

Happy to find a some semblance of relief, frozen muscles carried me beyond doorway and into a new kind of icebox. A box who's lingering warnings perhaps shouldn't be ignored, yet I chose to inhale another essence and pay it no heed.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Deceased
Vallie
The distant sound of hooves crunching the everlasting snow made her happy. The sound grew louder and louder. Someone entered the cave and she couldn't see who yet, but she wanted to see if it was who she hoped or if it was some strange... Intrigued by the animal entering she turned to face the entrance and took only a couple steps towards the silouette. The spots thickened and she imagined it was Midas, but never seeing the horse made it hard to tell if it was him.

Whoever this stallion was, she wanted to learn about him. She was unsure if she should start her game with him for two reasons. One being that she wasn't sure if this was the stallion she wanted, and two being that the animal that accompanied him slightly worried her. "Hello Sir, and whom might you be? I am Angora." her voice was easy switched to nice. He had large white wings and she took a moment to analyze them. The white faded to a yellow gold. His eyes were a dazzling yellow. His spots were the perfect harmony between black and white. She thought of what his voice sounded like, but the options may be wrong. She didn't care his voice sounded.

She decided then... her game would be run. No matter the length it took to complete the game took, she would try hard. She's been turned down, but she always stayed around until she got them or something better came along. Right now it was Midas and that's who she focused on.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
It seemed that peace wasn’t going to linger in this resting place for me. Long before honeyed tones trailed to my ears, I could hear her. Each footfall and curiously glance was felt like a shiver through this tired body. Fina looked up, aqua eyes peering into the shadows with harsh intensity. She didn’t like company, and I had to reassure her that whoever it was most likely didn’t mean either of us harm.

Out of the darkness a question came, voiced by a girl with soft and feminine tones, "Hello Sir, and whom might you be? I am Angora." My skull rose, turning toward the voice and finding its source readily available between sheets of thick ice. Our frames bounded from wall to wall until the furthest became distorted. “I am Midas, m’lady,” I said with lightened tone hiding otherwise weary offerings. My lips curled into a simple trademark smile, “We seek only a few hours rest before heading home.”

Angora seemed friendly, I took interest long enough to gage height and possible breed before casting gaze elsewhere out of polite tendency. No mixing of scents led me to believe her part of any surrounding herds, including my own. Another wanderer, a lost soul without companionship and home. Fina clicked beak together and chirped irritably before urging me to take leave of this cave and its offered company. I frowned. This wasn’t the blood bay I sought, she saw no reason to linger; aside from my physical need for a few hour’s sleep. The sun would be up soon, flying would be possible when its warm embrace grasped the land from subzero temperatures.

Deceased
Vallie
I am Midas, m'lady. Already pleased with his manners. She tossed his name in her mind for a moment or two. She liked the name. It rolled off the tongue, but it was unique. Eagerly pleased with his sweet tones she readily answer the stallion. "Well that seems like a far superior title than those among the crowd.." She took a pause, but she felt as she should add something on to not seem hasty or sour. "..Including me." His next words bored her. Of course he wanted to rest. She just wanted to play her game, but no. He had to sleep. Still her seal was sealed. This was what she wanted to do. Her emotions however stayed pleasant with no doubt. "If you truly please to rest. Please do. I do not want to stop you from your slumber." She let a glimpse of sorrow cross her happy features. Of COURSE you want to sleep. I finally meet you and you want to sleep.. typical! Her mind nearly boiled, but still her solid features held.

The animal that was guessed to be his companion sqwaked irritably and frustrated. She just smiled slightly to the animal. "I am sorry to bother either of you. Please rest if you want to." She looked towards the back of the cave. She flicked her head very softly as in pointing for the stallion to go there. If his 'resting state' actually happened she would slip off and away. If it didn't she would stay. This stallion was well known and liked. He was highly ranked. He had a companion and possibly magic. She wanted to try to seduce him,but she didn't want to stay and watch him 'rest'.She thought what could and most likely would happen. She wanted to try eagerly. She thought for a few seconds. Strategies and tactics. She rested her hind hoof on it's tip.She looked back at him with eyes that were pleading for him to stay. One ear swiveled forward and the other back.

OOC:Ugh. SOOO Short! REALLY sorry..
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Complements came, but they fell upon deaf ears. I wasn’t the sort to be flattered by words from a strange mare. Though it would be rude to give such ponders life by making them apparent, instead I responded kindly and with a continued smile, “Your title is of equal grandeur and will make lasting mark I’m sure.” She didn’t appear to have been taking shelter in this cavern from the solo purpose of rest, eyes were wide and curious; obviously desiring conversation—but like myself was too polite to request.

Though currently I could survive without conversation, but also surely would find little sleep in this icebox of a cave. "I am sorry to bother either of you. Please rest if you want to,” I nodded plainly, offering thanks through silence and a placid act of following the direction she kindly pointed. Limbs moved toward the darker portion of said cavern, it wasn’t any warmer…or cooler thankfully. Still feeling her attention was on me, somehow unsatisfied in my ability to fulfill a silent need that I was unaware of.

Limbs took to folding and collapsed my frame across the cold stone floor; unfortunately my old winter pelt had already been mostly shed. Life in the desert prevented a thick coat to grow and offered ready removal for the fur that did sprout when warmer weather began to shine through. Body shivered a little before settling with wings shut tightly against my sides for added warmth, “What brings you to a place such as this?” Did she favor the cold and ice? Most likely not....

Deceased
Vallie
He moved to the back of the cave. She was now bored. She turned away from his body. Ebony and white darkened and shadowed. Her pale orbs looked to the outside of the cave. Her thin bode was not cold. Her thin pelt was a gift in the cold, for she felt refreshed. She raised her head and took a deep breath. The fresh scent made her want to explore. "I travel... a lot. I also enjoy meeting the horses here."

She still made no move to look at him. "Midas, I find it obvious you wish to rest. Please excuse me then. Perhaps we can meet later." She looked back at him with a longing feel. She quickly looked forward again. She walked forward. The clouded sunlight hit her back and she was almost to light to look at. When she walked it was first slow, but once outside of the cave she quickened to a brisk trotted. It was was short lived and broke into a four beat gallop. Quickly, she was lost in the snow she kicked up. Gone now. She knew Midas wanted to sleep and she just didn't want to talk to someone who could barely stay awake. She pressed her gallop harder and harder.

By all means Midas, don't you sleep at night? Are you nocturnal? Have you met anyone without being tired? Thoughts. Thinking. Galloping. Running. The golden figure was just a flash.

OOC: I thought I'd just end it here. Angora get's bored easily and stuff. I also do not have as much muse for her. (Sorry for the crappy crap post)