the Rift

A Travels End[Open]

Nefertiti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The atmosphere was thick with pine and new life, the birds sang their happy little songs before returning to their nests to feed their ever hungry chicks. She wasn't quite sure where she was headed, although she honestly didn't care. With calm confident strides, she observed this unknown forest with sheer bewilderment. She had never encountered a place such as this. So soothing, and yet so quiet. Her long shimmering black locks danced across her shoulder stinging her most recent wound. A blasted stallion ever so foolishly thought he could take advantage of her. Winning the battle wasn't a surprise. Although, she still carried a reminder, a painful one unfortunately. High above her head the canopy swayed softly adjacent with the gentle breeze. An all to familiar chatter rang over her head knocking loose branches and pine cones plummeting down unto her spine. She immediately snapped her head upwards cursing the damned squirrels under her breath. As she wondered around the threshold, she wondered if any other equines might be present. A sudden pang of thirst hit her stomach like a kick to the chest. She hadn't consumed any water for almost 2 days now. She assumed this abundant forest should have a water source nearby. Tangled and gnarled vines caught and snapped in her mane, creating an irritated expression across her face. Pesky insects drove her ever onward, deep crimson pools looking ahead. A gentle nicker erupted from her maw, hoping to catch the attention of a stranger. She liked being alone most of her days but she felt like having company along the way.

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

HEROES MAY DIE

It was the first time in several days that Destrier had decided to wander away from the Edge. So far, he was in love with it; it was full of unnatrual beauty, and the residents he had met thus far all seemed to have nothing but good intentions for the land. If the need ever arose, he would be proud to fight alongside his brothers to protect their home.

But before they could hold their own in a large scale battle, they needed to recruit members, even if they were not interested in being a soldier. There was still a need for crafters, wraiths, and healers.

As he walked, the ebony steed was reminded of the day he had passed through the Threshold himself, not too very long ago. Explicit memories had plagued him that day, remembering the horrific details of the battle fought in Vallhea just days before. He had found himself here shortly after; a winged stallion had greeted him, extending an offer to join him in the Dragon's Throat, but in the end, Destrier had turned it down. He wished to view all of his options before choosing one, and it was the World's Edge he had eventually pledged himself to.

His attention was nabbed by the sudden, sharp snap of a branch, and for a moment, the Friesian simiply stood in silence. Although it was unlikely that danger would be lurking here in the forest, it wasn't absolutely impossible. But when a gentle nicker resonated through the towering trees, any sense of worry he might have felt vanishing. With renewed vigor he continued, keeping his head low whenever he passed beneath a low hanging branch.

And then, the bright sheen of a bay coat caught his eyes. It was a unicorn mare that had let out the call, and she looked terribly annoyed at something, but what? "Excuse me, miss," he spoke up, keeping his deep voice as light as possible, "You look troubled. Is there something I might be able to help you with?" An innocent enough question, he thought, and one that he hoped wouldn't annoy her any further.

BUT LEGENDS ENDURE

Image Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Unregistered
Nefertiti was greatly annoyed by something so minute. She explored her thoughts of why this seemed to bother her so much, but she didn't seem to know. She figured as much that her thirst angered and annoyed her, creating a ill tempered mood. Her tail twitched in irritation as she continued throughout the threshold. Abruptly she halted, lifting her head high in an inquisitive state. She felt a presence known, ever so slightly narrowing her eyes. Large elegantly carved ears waited patiently to collect any sounds while her pools scanned her surroundings with poise. An unanticipated crack of a nearby twig sent her senses on high. She merely flicked her gaze towards the sound. A large thickly built stallion stood before her a welcoming aspect across his face. His ebony pelt glimmered in the golden rays of sunlight that cast down unto his back. An equine. A mere notion to herself. A small grin pulled at her velvet maw, the once irritated mood had almost seemed to have vanished. Then the stranger spoke with kind words. "Excuse me, miss, you look troubled. Is there something I might be able to help you with?" His kind gesture was taken notice of, and she politely bowed her head in greeting before returning to her standard position. "I appreciate your amiable words, gentleman. But I assure you, I am perfectly fine." Her deep crimson pools observed this stallion, overlooking his facial features. Her bright blood bay coat luminously shone bright in the sunlight drifting above the canopy. Her mouth was beginning to acquire a dry feeling, as the pang of thirst hit her once more. "I am Nefertiti, a mere wanderer." She nodded briefly before meeting his gaze. "Your name, fine stallion?" A curious expression swept across her face as the gentle breeze blew her luxurious black locks along her shoulder.

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

HEROES MAY DIE

Warnings of the Aurora Basin unicorns rang loud and clear in Destrier's mind. While he could never tell the true character of somebody just by looking at them, he truly hoped that this horned mare standing before him did not seek them out. From what he had learned since his arrival to Helovia, the group that resided there was nothing less than bad news, and he hoped he would never be unfortunate enough to stumble upon them alone.

When a gentle grin crossed the features of the bay, Destrier returned the gesture with one of his own. "I am glad to hear," he said in response, the words ringining out true. Already the unicorn seemed to have a way with her words, and just as the rest of the Helovians he had met thus far, was polite as ever.

The mare introduced herself as Nefertiti; the name sounded oddly familiar to the stallion, and it was only a second later that he recalled why. He'd heard it before in a story, back when Bran had always busied himself with reading aloud to him. It had been the name of a queen, but from where, he couldn't remember. Dropping his head in a more relaxed, respectful manner, he wasted no time in answering her question. "My name is Destrier, miss," he replied, allowing a moment for it to sink in before continuing, "Might I ask, what brings you to Helovia? If it is a home you search for, then allow me to show you to one of the herdlands. There are four for you to choose from; the World's Edge, where I reside, the Dragon's Throat, Windtossed Foothills, and the Auroran Basin."

BUT LEGENDS ENDURE

Image Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Unregistered
Nefertiti held her ground, hastily taking a step forwards to the stallion. She lifted her maw inconsiderably upwards narrowing her eyes in a gamesome almost seductive manner. The air was complete with newly sprouted plants along with a fresh scent of running water. This notion brought her back to the thought of being dreadfully thirsty. She despised this sensation, it made her feel almost on the verge of being furious. The stallion had a soothing, tender vibe about him. She gazed in his orbs, admiring his rippling musculature among his sable coat. Her gaze pondered up his body ultimately reaching his eyes. A smooth smirk pulled at his maw as she nodded in acknowledgment, a broad but elegant smile was returned to the stallion. "I am glad to hear." He spoke with sheer kindness, his behavior non threatening. He seemed to have gotten lost in thought for a brief moment before uttering another sentence about from his muzzle. "My name is Destrier, miss," Destrier. An interesting, but yet unique term. "Might I ask, what brings you to Helovia? If it is a home you search for, then allow me to show you to one of the herdlands. There are four for you to choose from; the World's Edge, where I reside, the Dragon's Throat, Windtossed Foothills, and the Auroran Basin." There were more equines here? She couldn't believe her ears! She should have known, it was foolish to think a place such as this wasn't inhabited by other equines. All diverse regions sounded rather appealing, she was now more curious than before. A meek snicker gently flew across her tongue as she spoke with tenderness. "Nothing imparticular, A have a great fondness of seeking new territories. I suppose Im a bit of an explorer." A mild grin pulled at the corners of her lips, letting a relaxed snort shudder her shoulders sending a tingling sensation throughout her legs. "Perhaps you could give me a guided tour Destrier?" She recalled his name in an alluring form, swishing her lengthy tail against the earth below. "May i ask, Is there a water source nearby?" Her thirst was in terrible need of a quench, looking in his eyes for guidance.