the Rift

Throw me in the deep end [Open]

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

Lupus
Bring me there blood to drink

I blend in this land. It seems right for me to live in. It is neither hot,as the Throat is,or freezing though I could live in the freezing temperature range. Maybe if I live in this land of Helovia for so long my coat will naturally draw back and thin out as I don't need it as thick here. I guess not even in winter it is as cold as it is in my home land. Well I suppose I won't know till the heart of winter itself takes its toll in Helovia. I wonder if the Throat gets so cold? It's unforgiving temperature burns me and if I go there again anytime soon I hope that it won't be as hot though I doubt it. The sun rays are unforgiving as my fur traps the heat. I am glad it is not where this band of unicorns live for the horses of the Throat are much much more perfetic,and I suppose those of the other herds are to. What if all the locations were different to where they are now? If those of the Basin lived in the Throat? I don't think I could like. I would boil.

A fish out of water.

Thats what I am. A fish out of water. A wolf in a land of horses. As I take myself over the frost covered land in a light jog I see many horses. Well not horses,Unicorns. They seemed racist here. Not that I care. It gives me more reason to kill. More reason to taste the blood of some innocent foal. I like them when there innocent. There blood seems fresher and cleaner then those filled with hatred. I stop traveling across the land to look out of a small cave I have entered. The frost beneath my paws is a comfortable feeling. Why wouldn't it be? I am from the lands of snow and ice. Seen as though I have nothing to do I shell wait. Maybe another will come my way.

OOC:Gonna give this first person thing a go:p

"blah blah blah."

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
Image and video hosting by TinyPicD'ARTAGNAN
the NIGHTSHADE

He drank a little from the cold pool, sighing as the water travelled down into his body and relieved his thirst. Mind drifting through things he needed to do, maybe he'd go check on Solstice, see if his prisoner needed... Anything. A malicious smile replaced his sigh and he stored that idea for later. First he needed to check on his poison stores in his hand picked cave, it hadn't really taken the Mender all that long to take up residence in one of those dark holes. It was perfect for crafting colourful poison with deadly effects. Cloven hooves shifted in the frost and he turned away, heading off in it's direction. He was about five minutes into his journey when a wolf caught his eye.

d'Artagnan watches the white furred pup with eyes of caution. Mad maybe, but the shade was no fool, angered wolves were not great to be around. Though, he did rather like the silent way they moved and their impressive ability to kill their prey. So d'Artagnan approached the canine, simply curious to what a conversation would be like with a wolf. Since he never really got to speak with their old warden much, he felt he should make up for it now, with her kin. A soft squelch came with his approach, the ground still white even fore Bird Song, head held in a neutral position with his twin horns glistening in the light. He stopped with room between them, expression curious and questioning, amulet clicking as it moved with his mane.

"Do you have a name, young wolf?" he asked. As kind as his brusque tone would allow him to be. Tail flicking over his moons as he twitched with a flies movement. Ears swivelling and always listening.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Lupus
Bring me there blood to drink

As i sit on the frosty land I noticed a Unicorn. It was almost as if his bay figure is coated in blood that has faded over the years. In a way it is disturbing. For all I know it could be faded blood though from where the reddish tint falls,all over his body,it seems only to be part of his color. Two glass horns stand proud. Well,one seems to be what remains of a fight but it only shows he is a good fighter; coming out alive. Or maybe it has always been like that? Like faded markings also lay on his coat. There strange,but I can't say I dislike them.

Do you have a name, young wolf? His tone is deep though kind and the smell of the Basin clings to his coat. I pant slightly at finally meeting someone from around here. Ok I know two but I want to expand on those I know. It could come in use one day. He held up his snowy head as he addressed the stallion. "Lupus,and you?" My tone is both demanding but kind as his had been in a way but not as gruff. As I look over him I notice the amulet that hangs down from around his neck. Maybe from one of the gods? Or stolen from another? I laugh to myself. Stealing. It was something I imagined from the Basin herd. Not that it bothers me. I'm quiet fond of it actally.

Finders keepers,losers weepers. Stealers keepers,losers weepers.

It is a good enough rule to go by.

"blah blah blah."

the NIGHTSHADE

A tongue lolls out of his mouth as the canine pants whilst d'Artagnan fights his natural instincts to run from the wolf. He knew in his mind there was nothing to fear, but nature had her ways and she was hard to fight even at the best of times. Ears flickered to the voice which both demanded and spoke friendly. He noted the name, Lupus, an odd one in the shade's time but that wasn't all that surprising. Amulet shifted forwards in his mane as he proffered his head in greeting, still unconsciously keeping his distance from the wolf. "I am d'Artagnan the Nightshade. Your Time Mender" he informed the wild canine in his brusque gruff voice, making sure the stud knew who he was in case of future injuries. It was important for ones herd to know who it's healer was, even if d'Artagnan found it a chore in going round meeting others. He would much prefer to spend his time in his cave, crafting poisons for future excursions.

The shade shifted on his feet now, wondering what he should ask next, how to spur a conversation on with a wolf. What did d'Artagnan want to know about Lupus? Nothing really, if he was being honest, he didn't really care much about the lives of others. As long as they never strayed from the path the Basin set before them. A few had etched themselves into the memory of the Nightshade with their charismatic personalities or their morbid tendencies. Mauja for one, Deimos another. Kou, his Nurse, had chipped away at his cold exterior to wrap herself around his heart. The pale mare alone had done this, and the pale mare would be the first and last.

"Tell me, what is like to be a wolf among horses?" He asked, genuinely curious this time. A wolf was an entirely different species, not a branch of the main tree. What was that like? To resist the urge to kill those around him and to live in harmony with a herbivore race. It surely must be a strange thing.

d'Artagnan managed a couple more steps forwards now, to not seem rude in his distance yet a space still remained between them. Cloven hooves holding up his tall blood coloured body on the hard permafrost surface.

filled with rage

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

d'Artagnan the Nightshade I notice he decides to add his title on the end. Well why shouldn't he? At least he does not speak of his title as the cocky Kri did. His voice,despite his gruff tone,and the way he seemed to be keeping his distance all point out the facts that he would like to flee right now why another part of him seems to be fulled with curiosity. Though I am not to surprised. Your Time Mender. I lift my head slightly at his position. Time mender? It was curious position name. Time,well obviously how quick things pass. Mender,some one who helps,who mends,others injuries. Mender of time? Things take time to heal so..healer? Mends the time it takes to heal. He was a worthy one to bump into then. If my idea of what the nightshade was anyway.

Tell me, what is like to be a wolf among horses? His more curious side seemed to be taking over the dark figure,not I mind. He to,indeed,intrigues me a lot. What with his mysterious amulet, interesting title and respectable position. "It is not strange to me. To resist the urge to kill,most the time anyway." I grin slightly with eyes that could kill as I look at the blood colored stallion. "Sometimes the urge to kill is just to much." Lifting myself from my seated position,taking a few steps towards him. Testing his confidence around me,wondering if his curiosity is stronger then his desire to flee though it did seem to be shrinking in comparison to the curious side of him. Testing it further would not hurt would it? I look up at the d'Artagnan,my eyes critical for there was no need to fear a lone wolf. "When you have lived with it your whole life,you get used to it." I let out a almost gasping laugh it is that short. "Though I am happy to kill anyone of you if needed." My grin is mischievous though it I mean what I say.

"blah blah blah."

the NIGHTSHADE

d'Artagnan let out a rumble of dark laughter at the wolf's comment on his killing urges. It was strange, but the shade could almost relate. Maybe they weren't so different after all, once one got over the claws and teeth they were actually quite similar in their ways of thinking. So much so that the shade became a little more comfortable in the presence of Lupus, only a little wary as the wolf padded towards him, standing still as he did so. The instincts still there but nullified by recent discoveries. It was when Lupus spoke again that the shade's dark humour heightened. Whilst he dearly wanted to avoid a fight with a wolf, the shade wanted to guess that if the wolf was anything like he was. This was his way of testing the ground, so to say.

"Challenging words, are you suggesting you think you could kill me Lupus? I'm not your normal prey after all" his face was malicious and challenging in it's own. The shade decided he liked this wolf, he didn't tip toe around him like others did. He wasn't afraid of him, it was quite refreshing. d'Artagnan held his ground before the wolf and lifted his head a little higher, "if you think you can defeat me, I'd be more than welcome to oblige a battle between us one day. It would be interesting... To fight a wolf" his blood pumping words continued and the shade wondered how Lupus would respond. For now he was glad to be herd mates with him, it was nice to have a friendly rivalry, it kept the cobwebs at bay and his body in shape. The latter crucial as he got older.

The day was turning into an interesting one after all.

[ooc; sorry for the uber long wait Pheonix <33]

filled with rage

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The rumbling laugh that rolls of the stallions tongue does not seem to be mocking and so I do not say anything but think. I figured I liked the nightshade. He seemed somewhat mysterious and more interesting then others I have met in Helovia,plus he seemed to have more of the same views as me. Well,I couldn't be sure he had the same killing and over powering views as me but around here it seemed everyone was like that so I wouldn't be surprised if he was the same.

Challenging words, are you suggesting you think you could kill me Lupus? I'm not your normal prey after all. I smile gruffly at him,a slight note of laughter tumbling out my jaw. It was true,he was not my normal prey considering there were none of these creatures in the depths of my snowy home and it had been by chance I wonder further out to meet them in the first place,and anyway,foals were easier to bring down. Such a bad bad wolf aren't I? Taking down poor helpless foals...of course though,there pleading only spurred me on to make there death more painful.

"You are right,your kind are not my normal prey." A evil grin flickers on my maw. "Though pleading foals are pretty nice I will admit." Now that was me,typical Lupus. Expressing what I truly thought about eating his kind and fellow kind alike. Though being a wolf,I think he would expect something poisons words like them to spill from my maw. "As for a spar with you," I pull my position up to a stronger looking 'pose'. "I would be very willing." We must sound like a pair of young kids,squabbling about fighting except,unlike kids,none of us said if we thought we were better or course though,I know I am better. Typical Lupus again.

I never doubt myself.

[Its okeyy:) <3]

Image credit;Woxys

the NIGHTSHADE

A smile flickers across his face, feeling his blood pumping and muscles flexing for a chance to fight something other than his own brethren. He liked the way the wolf answered his every challenge, earning a laugh from the brute at the foal comment. So delightfully morbid, a wolf of war surely. The chap pulls himself into a stance of strength and d'Artagnan nods to the snowy Lupus in a firm acceptance as he takes up the invisible gauntlet knowingly thrown between the two. A spar of two friends wanting to stretch their skills in a field they already knew very well, the shade shook his mane and walked a few more steps forwards to the wolf. "Very well then, Lupus. A spar on friendly terms to test our skill?" Was his question.

The shade knew well the dangers of a wolf, claws were one thing. Then there was the trouble of the teeth. He would most likely be agile and fast whilst d'Artagnan wrestled with his internal instincts to strike back, if he wasn't careful, he could be straight on the back foot without a moments notice. There was also the point of the wolf's killer instinct, was it really wise to go toe to toe with an animal that wouldn't hesitate to kill you if it so desired. Not that d'Artagnan thought he could be defeated nor killed, it didn't conform to his opinion of being invincible, nor did he ever consider the matter that the wolf might just be playing him because he was hungry.

Like d'Artagnan the Nightshade would ever take the time to think that far ahead.

He felt the ringing in his ears as he waited for Lupus to answer, to pick up his gauntlet now. Patience wasn't the shade's best trait.

[ooc; if you'd like to play out the spar between them we can :) Let me know if you'd like me to make the thread or just tag me in one at the battlefield <33]

filled with rage

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix
[Do you think you could make one please as I am phone restricted right now:p ]