the Rift

Shadows of Night [OPEN]

Galen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"

Evening be a curious time indeed. The day is done, and many rest their weary heads. Dew collects like magic on the tip of a blade of grass. Silence falls deeply in these realms, noises set like the sun. In the deep forest of the Threshold stillness be the only keeper. She takes over from those who have passed the day before, weary from travels, only to find a place in this world to call their own. No animals travel here much by night, not many desire it, not many seek them. Night is not a time for new beginnings, but perhaps can it can embrace one more weary traveler for the evenings stay.

At first he looks to fly by no power, but the moon and stars are out on this night and their glow glistens on the black rich wings. They spread out and rustle with a great expanse. He is silent traveler in the mists of night. A dark bay he be, with rich undertones, but tassels and legs as dark as his wings. The only marking he bears is two interlocking swirls twisting on the plane of his head, partly hidden by long locks. He is build with some thickness, but not much. The neck has an elegant curve and chest is deep. Some feathers rustle on his running hooves, but not many, his legs being too thin to be draft. A hearty fellow he looks to be, but with mildness in him so as not to be of too thick of draft blood.

In the night sky he races with a feather dance, but yea, what be this? A trip in his flight, he drops a bit in the air. It becomes clear he fades. Nares flame in desire for air, and legs trip and can not pick themselves up. His wings have kept him steady but weariness pulls at their muscles as well. The rich dark earthen eyes with a glint of gold having guided him so far fail him. Lids close, legs fail to lift, and wings hesitate. He drops quickly. Down. Down. Down. But yea, the rush revives his senses. He startles awake and regains his paces. A worried look passes his face; he knows no longer can he keep up his flight. Though he knows not where he is flying over, he dives into the deep forest.

The thick branches do not want him to enter, but his exhaustion takes no prisoners. At last the forest floor is seen. Weary legs reach out to greet it. He stumbles as he lands, but he has grace with his wings which balance him as if a friend to catch him. He shakes a weary head and collects his wings close to his sides. They tuck next to his barrel, the long feathers fluttering. Harks tip and twitch to listen for a sound. Weary as he is, the mind can not help be wonder, what strange new land be this?

Talk

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

She moved at a lazy pace, threading through the thick vegetation of the Threshold with a somewhat troubled expression upon her muzzle. It was the first time Romani had found herself wandering the familiar forests this late in the evening, as normally she tended to be safe in the confines of the Foothills at this hour, but her thoughts had been running rampant these last couple of days… Strange thoughts plagued her, and an odd feeling that something was missing had risen in her breast on more than one occasion. It was such confusing and frustrating thoughts that drove her from the mountainous terrain of the Foothills herd, an adventurer’s mind searching for the familiar solace of the Threshold.

As the Haflinger moved, the thick strands of her ivory man swayed with each step that she took, forelock bouncing slightly upon her forehead and covering her crisp, azure eyes. Her golden hide glistened with ivory tones due to the moonlight that occasionally cascaded through the thick tree tops, and her long tail brushed the back of her rear haunches as she moved. It was clear by her pace alone that she was in no hurry.

At her side, her faithful companion, Kasai, strode quietly, concern flowing through their internal bond. The tiger cub could feel Romani’s troubled thoughts, but didn’t know how to help, and so merely sent reassuring thoughts through their bond. Glancing to the cub from the corner of her eye, the stocky mare chuckled under her breath.

“I’ll be fine, sweet… I just needed to get out and stretch my legs.” It wasn’t necessarily a lie. The Threshold had always been one of the compact mare’s favorite places. It was where she herself had wandered into Helovia, just a season prior, and had been found by Svetlana, the previous Chieftess of the Foothills. The thoughts of the ivory and ebony Pegasus made the soft smile slip away into a scowl, bitter thoughts of the injustice Jackal had induced on her Lady filling her. She still hadn’t spoken to Jackal, the King of Thieves, and quite frankly, Romani didn’t want to. There was too much anger burning in her chest, too much injustice that he had driven Svetlana out the way that he had… However, there was nothing that the palomino could do now. What’s done is done, and the only thing she could do was continue to protect the herd, as a good warrior should.

Letting out a soft sigh, the mare was about to consult her companion when a ruckus stole her attention, the sound of branches breaking overhead causing the Foothills warrior to snap to attention, head raising in a display of potential challenge. Startled by the noise herself, little Kasai scampered beneath Romani’s massive barrel, ears pinned flat against her skull with fear.

It was then that her azure eyes spotted the form that caused the sound, a Pegasus who had forced his way through the thick canopy of the trees and then landed in a heap, legs nearly giving out before his ebony, night-like wings balanced him. Romani watched on with pure curiosity, and some concern. Was this stallion hurt? Was he a threat to her and her companion? The elegant bay shakes his head, then tucks his wings close, and it’s only then that the palomino stepped out into the clearing, yet did not approach.

“Are you alright, stranger? That looked like a nasty landing…” Of course, as an equine, Romani was ill-knowing of the ways of a Pegasus. Perhaps this stallion had planned for something like that to happen? Regardless, concern for the stranger’s well-being was at the forefront of her mind. While somewhat wary, the warrior truly only wanted to help.

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Unregistered
"

A snap of a twig pricks his ear. Head drops all weary signs. He stand taller, wings fluster, and harks lean forward as if to pull the on comer in. The sound maker reveals themselves. A palomino, glowing in the night even without direct moon light steps forth with a bold, but not threatening. The bay Pegasus holds his stance, exhaustion knocks on his door. Perhaps if she be here to fight he’d have strength enough to fly an hour more. That would allow his escape, but she still might follow with her own high flight. On outward she steps till she clear of the brush. Wait. What be this curiosity, the horse has not wings. A hark flicks back only to be met with a voice drawing it back.

Take note, she means no harm. Concern laces her voice, and sincerity her question. The bay was not well convinced, but he was called to remember she be a lady, and deserved his valor. The golden one may be some mutant with no wings, one which he had never seen before but this was not to stop him. And the best way to keep an enemy at distance is to continue pleasantries.

Black feathers fan out as wide as the clearing allowed and lower, as the bay dips his front half to greet the mare. He rises himself and with a kinder eye and stance answers her in a voice with a British tongue.
“Pray thee m’lady do Pardon me if I startled ye in thy midnight wanders.” The whole bay body picks up a stance of relaxed using it to smuggle the strained body and wandering mind.
“I thank ye for your concern but as your eye can view the landing did me no ill.” He allows his wings to open as if in proof and lets a small smile dance over his lips, but it is for pleasantry only.

Pulling his feathers back close he twitches his hind tassels. His mind, unlike his body has been awakened by this piney world and meal colored lady before him. What brought her to bare concern for him? Why had she not wings? Were they cut off in a most unspeakable ceremony or incantation? Worse yet, be she a mutant? And, look there! Below here and spot of white. A stir bellows in his chest which he keeps silent to avoid open thoughts. The creature was smaller than a foal, with white hair. It was like the wolves he knew well, but with black stripes and thicker. No, this could not be a wolf. He had just landed in this world and already thought too many questions even for his own mind. The horse banished them with speech. “I am Galen.” he spoke as he again tucked his head, careful to leave off the rest.
“May ye give me the pleasure to know thy maiden’s calling?”

Talk

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

"That's a strange way of talking you have, stallion," I say rather bluntly, stepping out from behind a tree and glancing momentarily at the mare. "Oddly charming." Her scent was that of lush hills and pine, a sure sign of the Foothills. Absently, my tail flicks in annoyance at my side, hardly noticed by me. The only memories I have of the Foothills, aside from the former alliance I held with Smoke and Gossamer, has long since been tainted by Paladin and Leander's pushing. It is not the fault of the golden mare, so I swallow my distaste momentarily before catching the last of the strange words of the stallion.

Galen. I move my dark blue eyes to look at his bay face. He looks tired, worn from a long journey. There were shadows on his face much longer than those cast by night, and I could almost feel a heavy breath from his lungs, though I was certain it was my imagination running away with me yet again. The breeze curls around my mane and tugs, finding nowhere a place to anchor, and the element is restless in my loose grasp. There was no open space for the wind to climb through now, only the trunks of trees where it whistled and howled in a curious manner, light and free. The blonde of my mane brushing across my gentle face, the mistress of wind. Leader of the Tuuli.

I offer a gruff warrior's smile toward Galen and then toward the unknown mare, trying to appear friendly when I never have been one to be a fan of light conversation. "Welcome to Helovia, Galen. I am Kri, Leader of the land south of here - the Dragon's Throat." My eyes shift from his face to the mares momentarily, gauging whether or not she would take this opportunity to introduce herself before looking back at the stallion. I have no interest in taking those from another herd, but if Galen was new to Helovia, perhaps I could convince him to join me in the desert.
""

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Oh how weary she was. All the commotion she had ensued since arriving from Earth had caught up with her. She had become quite found of the Threshold. It had been her first introduction to this new world, known by others as Helovia. But she cared not for the name, only for what it could offer her. Seeing as she had been lead astray from her birthplace. It was quite a foretelling chronicle of her existence, up until now. Quite frankly, at this moment, all she yearned for was a peaceful slumber and nothing more. With inaudible rhythm, her lithe limbs bore her restless immortal frame. Her canvas was of pure moonlight, and her golden cloven hooves sparkled with newness. Though in human years she had only witnessed two decades, in unicorn fashion, she had seen two centuries. But by coming here, she had formed assumptions that lead her to tell others she was only of two seasons. She had yet to find anyone to completely trust, and until then would guard herself.

Her willingness to endure the search for the perfect place to rest her weary bones finally rewarded her greatly. A small brush, on the outskirts of the tree-lined forest, beckoned her. She was relatively small in stature, compared to those she had already came in contact with, so finding comfort in a confide overhang of the brush was of no concern to her. Strands of milky silk lightly tapped against her sleek and slender nape, placed with considerable forethought on her well sloping shoulders. Her façade was petite, and her weapon of choice stretched three feet from her brow. It was made of ivory, with a classic twist of growth. With the lightness of titanium, it was but ten fold that of the strength of steel. As she came upon the little brush, she knelt with the grace only known to unicorns, but not meeting the soiled ground. She sat mid air, like that of a toddler and crept into place before lowering her alabaster canvas underneath the protection she had chosen.

Listening to the wind weave its way through the tall grasses and whistle a light tune, the crickets joined in and off in the distance, the croak of frogs could be heard. Nature’s lullaby could not be out done. A slight breeze rustled the leaves above, and soon enough the heaviness of sleep overtook her. Slowly her eyelids closed over her glacier sapphire pools, and she was no longer troubled with the world’s illusions and distractions.

The unicorn fought tirelessly in her slumber. Fighting the demons of her past and those who had hunted her down day after day, night after night, wishing to end her life. Her limbs moved with swiftness, trying to run from the nightmares that had begun to devour her once again. Would there ever be any peace for her? It was at the climax of the horror that threatened her, she could feel the bare twigs reach for her, claw at her, pulling her from reality and suffocating her, when a loud crash brought her back to the meadow of the Threshold. With surprising fleetness, she sprung out of her hiding, sides heaving as she fought for air. Sweat beads had drowned her small and petite ballerina bodice. Her frail, but flawless ears swiveled to desperately distinguish the loud ruckus that had drawn her from her nightmare. But with the shade of the larger trees, and the absence of the moon’s light, she was able to stay hidden as she witnessed the scene play out before.

A mare of pale gold and a stag of chocolate, dipped in fudge appeared in the open. They both kept their distance, fearing the other was a threat of some kind. The stag ruffled his beautifully distinguished wings, while the mare inquired about his safe landing. Some safe landing if it had disturbed her enough from the stronghold of her terrors. She held in a defying snort, not wanting to give her location away. Though if it hadn’t been for his reckless fall, she may never have awoken. She would never know, thank goodness. And then another mare with wings appeared from nowhere, as far as she was enlightened. Granted she had been too focused on the pair in front of her to keep an observing eye on the lookout. She was of a richer golden hue, with pale locks, and gorgeous golden wings that glistened like heaven. She had to admit, though the unicorn was of ancient lore, the pegasi was just as revered in her standing.

So the stag of the sky was known as Galen. It was a good solid calling. And as for the golden maiden, she called himself Kri. It was short and simple, and surprisingly it fit her. Why, she had no idea, but it did. But the pale gold mare still had yet to give her name. The unicorn was satisfied with her position. She was still trying to calm herself from the rude awaking, but slowly her heartbeat was receding to normalcy. She didn’t know when she would make herself known. But this was not a good time for the bloodless maiden to appear to the party of three. She would bide her time, and let the opportunity present itself.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Romani

A gentleman was perhaps the first word that came to Romani’s mind once the stranger began to speak. His accent was elegant, controlled, and kind, almost soothing to the Haflinger’s troubled mind. Although strange sounding, it wasn’t unpleasant, and the warmth of it brought a smile to the palomino’s dark lips. Perhaps this gentleman was just the sort of distraction she needed from her thoughts?

“It’s a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Galen,” She said formally, tipping her head forward in an act of respect, “My name is Romani, I hail from the Foothills.” Pausing, she dipped her head lower and motioned towards the cub in hiding with her blazed muzzle. “And this little one is Kasai, my beloved companion.” Lifting her head once more, she regarded this Galen with a more experienced eye. Although his color was dampened due to the moonlight, she admired his handsome, sturdy build and his ebony set wings.

Oh, wings… If there was one thing that Romani sometimes found herself pining for, it was a set of wings. She wondered what it might be like, soaring through the skies with the wind sifting through her mane and tail. Would it be invigorating? Surely it granted more freedom than being land-bound… With a start, the warrior shook her head, giving a small snort. Where had these estranged, bitter thoughts come from lately? Offering a kind smile once more, she went on. “I’m glad that you are unharmed, good Sir. It wouldn’t do to render yourself injured in the Threshold of Helovia.”

Before she could continue on and learn more about the handsome stallion before her, the sound of another approaching caught her attention. Turning her elegant head, the mare paused, taking in the chocolate and cream hues of the new arrival. She announced her presence by speaking, this Pegasus mare, and only after did she speak her name. Ah, so this was Kri, leader of the Dragon’s Throat.

Respect had been ingrained in Romani’s mind from the day she had been born. ‘Respect those of higher class’, her parents had told her, ‘Kindness is far greater than any weapon.’ Shifting her weight slightly, the warrior tipped her head even further in Kri’s direction. No doubt she didn’t know who the red mare was, but that was alright.

“I’ve heard of your greatness, Kri the Resolute,” Romani murmured, admiration clear in her tone, “It’s an honor to meet one of your valiant stature.” Beneath her, Kasai remained still, waiting for the ‘all clear’ from her palomino bonded before coming out of hiding. Regardless, her still-blue orbs took in all that was going on.

[OOC: Oh, God, guys… XD I’m terribly sorry about holding this thread up. <3 <3]

Unregistered
Landscape_78_by_joannastar_stockcopy_zps9f9d0ccf

Night holds company with this pair, a dark blushed Pegasus, and a golden mare. Dark harks listen to the lady as she speaks, Romani. Curious name, unlike any he’d ever encountered, though too her coat and eyes were that which he had never viewed. The rich blue eyes were striking, and seemed to dance between a clear sky and stirring waters. Perhaps this land be farther removed from that which he came than previously thought. Though this thought was a blessing. His heart dashed at the thought of his beloved homeland left behind. But pray, the mare continues her speech. The Foothills, the reference had not meaning for the stallion. These creatures, tongues, names, and places, which were so foreign for him he could ne’er grasp them did pester the blacked winged horse so that his body tensed visibly. Mind you as she continued, he was quick to suppress it lest rouse suspicion of his intentions. And Kasai. The earth eyes studied the creature still cowering under its “companion”. Perhaps these creatures kept friends with other creatures as those from long ago in his land did with wolves. But alas another thought of home. This would not suit him if he were to get a beneficial sleep tonight. His body groaned silently with the realization, but the frustration his unanswered curiosities had caused him, he held his noble stance.

It was a moment before the bay horse noticed the mare’s stare upon his wings. He was coming to accept slowly her lack of them as not having mutated her mind as well, but he was wary of her longing stare. Its meaning was beyond the stallion. She shook her head and the bay leaned on his hinds, with her snort he twitched his tail. Fearful her thoughts had lead to some unhappy end, but nah, she smiles and speaks warmly. The stallion restores his balanced stance. The maiden speaks lesser of a noble tongue than he, but perhaps here she is not stand as high as he had. The Threshold of Helovia. Now, this was helpful to him. Helovia. The creature had never heard of such a place as that, though he had crossed many an uncounted mile, and unwatched earth. Could it be he travelled so far as to reach a place unknown to his land of-

A voice breaks the silence. Wings flesh out, ready to fight the pine roof to fly off. Hark though, the voice speaks not in threats. But strange, he? And bold of her to say as well! A snort rustles in his chest but he silences it with a soft, whisper of a nicker. Feathers slowly draw back in to hide their previous thoughts. Alas though, here is one he can find familiarity with. The chocolate colored femme with golden locks brushed in with two fine wings that would make any Pegasus proud. She carried her head high as such a creature should, though her speech was like that of the peasant, even with her subtle comment of his charming tongue. She stands so tall though, and stops with an air of authority which crowns her brow in austerity. Through dancing golden locks she eyes him, and he allows it, seeing no need to hide from one such as her. The new maiden steals glances upon the meal colored lady, Romani. The bay horse has a quick eye and sees the mare’s hid twitch. Should he be wary of she with no wings? Be she a threat that her voice hides from him?

No matter, the familiar creature speaks with a rough smile gracing her lips and pride piercing every word. The black feathered horse does not disappoint but stands as one does before that which the lady calls herself. His head still holds with high reguard, but openness to these visitors, and his body, though begging for a rest, keeps its calm stance under his steady command. Indeed, Helovia. And yea, Kri, another name with such an old twist as to catch him so off guard he near misses her next phrase pronouncing her title. So she is a leader just. Her authority is well meant and indeed deserved. The black winged horse need not worry if he was in this majesty’s territory for if so she would not have welcomed him so. Besides that, he was in the land called the Threshold. Though the names have no meaning in this world to him, the creature catches on quickly. Weariness may call his body but not his mind. Tis why the past few night have not found him well.

Before the dark horse can make his move the golden lady makes hers. Her greatness as Kri the Resolute. What a strange title to add to a ladys name. Perhaps her story ran rougher than one might be lead to think. Now the horse pondered a moment. This Pegasus which carried such a valiant stature, was a honor to meet. Galen prayed to pick up the strange workings of the land quickly for he was finding its social greetings, speech, and customs hidden farther than the darkside of the moon. Hidden in what he thought was a dead wood had already stepped two creatures to question and welcome him. Be there more? Pray thee not. Perhaps one creature he could brush off to find a place to rest without much damage done, but with two it would be impossible for the tired beast. The best way to hide those things we hold most dear is to push intruders away with another face to wonder upon.

Black wings stretch, and again Galen dips his proud head to hers. Black locks shifting over his mark of twisting circles. He was not a ruler in this land but a stranger, and this he must remember in these dealings. Pride upon his part would do him no good will. Rising and collecting his lagging wings close he spoke in his tongue again. “Tis a pleasure, Kri the Resolute, to meet thy noble grace. Though I beg your leave to state thy tongue and looks are just as strange to thee.” His rich voice sounded so foreign to him in speaking her name. Keeping his pleasant look though, to the honey maiden he called “And pleasure as well to ye Romani, and Ka-sai.” He tried to wrap his voice around the pets name but its strangeness due to never having uttered such a word caused him to stumble upon it. Now what was to happen in this company of three? The stallion broke the silence. “Forgive me thy royal Kri, and lady Romani for this world is dark and foreign to me.” He paused as an owl called in the night. Twas late, but his mind knew his duty was to keep face even if the reason for that duty was long lost. “Bid thee tell my curious mind why thy souls wander on a night and forest so deep as this?” The boldness of his question was not usual to his dark beast, as he usually did not ask for such rash and possibly uncouth answers to strangers,but the dead of night is not a usual time to hold such high meetings. He prayed they, especially Romani, would not find his question too intruding. The bay stood with his solid stance and gentle gaze as a listening fellow comrade is apt to do. They had no conception of his inner aches, nor he their world. Though the later was about to change.

"Speech"
Stock :: Joannastar_stock@DA.com

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

I am beginning to feel like this stallion has little sense of humor. His formal actions and words lead me to believe that he will find me to be less than pleasant to deal with, but not because of the fiery temper that usually drove others away from me. With a devilish smirk hidden by the shadow of the tree I pass to stand in the company of these two strangers, I think to myself that this will be fun. I can tell my words have ruffled his feathers already, with the tense of his body as I call his way of speaking strange, though he attempts to hide the scoff with a short nicker. He has already given himself away. I stand, head held high and firm, asserting my authority before I had even spoken my title. Surely, for one of such scant height as myself, I would often be mistaken for nothing more than an aged brat, but it was not so. I had a problem of over-confidence, even in my youth, and time had done little to temper it. Still, I would hardly think my faith in myself was unfounded.

I had accomplished much in the years of my life, and as such, I deserved to hold my head up with the highest, most sincere form of confidence. I was certain I could succeed simply because I have before. I can best others because I am skilled. I am respectable. I am strong. However, I was also a tad mischevious. Plucking at the nerves of this formally spoken stallion was too much of a temptation to avoid simple for a regal face.

The mare is softspoken, but I had already noticed myself the steel hidden behind the gentle brush of her velvety tones. Her words of flattery towards me draw out a laugh, and I look at her with mirth in my dark eyes. "I am surprised you heard of greatness instead of my tempestuous behavior," I say, tones still playful and kind, warm like the desert sun in the morning. "Or perhaps you heard of my ire and wish to avoid it." I wink at her, equally as amiable, hoping that she does not take my words with an ill light. I did not think she was trying to flatter me, only being polite as it is necessary to do in unfamiliar company. This stallion, Galen, was a new face for me, as is the mare of honey. Despite the mystery of the two, I speak as though I have known them for years. Light and full of jest.

The stallion bows, all too predictably, before picking up the speech where he had left off. It was flowery, pleasant, but foreign to my ears. I have never been one to speech artfully but honestly. I do not waste breath on unnecessary decoration in terms of speech, unless you counted insults as unnecessary. I, however, believe that they are quite necessary to aptly describe many within this realm of Helovia. He calls me strange, and I smile. "Fair enough." He is not too far off target. I am not your run of the mill mare or Leader. Never one to speak with grace or polite stays of tongue to avoid trouble, I was no politician. Better suited for a general than a leader, but time has found me at the head of a herd more than once. It was a funny twist of fate.

Galen offers forth the name of the rest of my company, and I nod, looking at Romani and then down at the tiger. I would not attempt his name, for I fear the stallion might have slaughtered its pronunciation with the hesitance in his voice. He continues to speak, perhaps to fill the awkward silence that usually follows behind introductions. I watch his expression, rather stoic, despite describing the land as dark and foreign. A tough shell to crack, I think, but I imagine that he cannot maintain this thick wall up in his company forever. I wish to know the true thoughts rolling around in that skull of his, not the ones he presents in flowery words and graceful tones. Regardless, I suppose I should answer his question.

"I am headed home," I say simply, shrugging my wings to show the nonchalance of my travel. "Returning from a stint out of the Dragon's Throat." I pause for a moment, considering how I can maybe shake the nerves of this bay, rigid stallion, glancing sidelong at Romani with a smile in my eyes. I look back at Galen, toward his own dark eyes, my face flat and serious despite the warmer tone of my voice. "I decided I would check the Threshold to see if there were any lonely souls to be collected." I wrestle with my face, trying to keep my expression serious, though I am certain there might be a few cracks. Hopefully, the night will shade them and I will be able to see the hilarious expression of surprise and terror on this foreigner's face.

"The dragon gets hungry, you see, and has been restless of late. Lone travelers are the easiest to sacrifice because no one notices their disappearance."
""

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

With the cloth of darkness wrapped around the gathering, the paled mare just on the edge of disappearance, she caught wind of the mare’s name with a critter shielding itself from the strangers underneath its guardian. Romani, she called herself, and Kasai, the creature who yet still hid itself. Even at the expanse that separated her from the trio, glimpses of actions and lyrics traveled the wind’s breath, bringing the tidings of news to the ears of the shadowed unicorn, hidden in the depths of darkness.

Speech was exchanged among the trio, one of ancient times, and two of modern eras. Preeminent equivalence was established with the stag, over the mares who provided company. Despite his array of feathers, his ancient ways matched that of the timeless ethereal essence. Keenness in her pools surveyed the slight, subtle and silent tall tell signs that the brown stag’s graceful crash had not been out of the blue, so to speak. From the glow of the moon, she could sense weariness that overwhelmed the tension that had gathered among the triad. She knew, because she had been awoken and still yearned for rest. Yearned for the darkness to over take her, to retreat back to the shadows of her nightmares.

She couldn’t stand in the cloak of night forever, if she desired rest. Stepping forth into the moonlight, each golden cloven hoof was placed with purpose. Delicate and silent she exposed her moon encased frame. Leaving behind the darkness, clawing at what was left of her, until no more. Her ivory spear was illuminated by the nights lustrous, while sapphire gems stood out against her classically milky form. Opaque silky strands wavered like the rippling of the seas against her sleek nape, tassels flanking her sides with restlessness. She hid not her tired form. Her weary bones screamed so loud, it was no use to hide any of it.

Light danced with iridescent ringlets over her advancing phantom silhouette as she reached within hearing of Kri’s commentary on why she was heading home. The timeworn mare wondered if the stag would actually believe her fables. Where she called home, dragons had had no use for horsemeat. But already her world and this world could not be compared on the same level. Her world reflected what Earth had once been. This world, full of treasures she knew of and had been accustomed to, still held their own magic.

Soundless, the unicorn mare waited until Kri was finished. She would have readily jumped in with something far fetched to add to her funny plot, but she was too dead to the world to care. With a respectable nod to Kri and to Romani, she looked to the stag. She had some business to discuss with him and now was the time. She could no longer wait, for she had waited long enough.

"You have caused quite a stir, Sir Galen. Awaking me from the shadows of a dream. A dream I sadly would never have awoken from had it not been for your reckless intrusion. So for that, I thank you."

The last notion she intended was to bring uneasiness to the group. It was late, and she regarded sleep with resistance, but she could not fight the urge to stay and chat. She knew this to be true of the stag as well, but he was much too polite to say anything of it. She could see that, as she attempted to converse she knew of his weariness and the reason for his collapse on the canopy of the Threshold meadow.

"Seeing as Kri and Romani have already given you their calling, I am known as Nadira."

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Romani

They both seemed polite, Romani decided. Galen offered a gentle-giant sort of attitude, and Kri gave equal respect when it was given to her. She listened in polite silence as Galen and Kri both spoke, as she wasn’t one to interrupt when others were talking. It was only when Galen turned the question as to why they were wandering the depths of the Threshold in the covet of darkness that she finally responded. Tilting her head slightly and shifting her weight, back hoof cocked in a relaxed stance, the mare spoke, her voice warm.

“I’m merely out for a stroll,” she answered, half-honest, “My thoughts have been restless, I’m afraid, and I needed some time alone. Perhaps it’s a good thing that I did, so that I’d have the chance to meet you all.” A part of Romani was relieved, however, that Kri, nor Galen, knew who she was. The Haflinger had experienced that enough these last couple of days; running into individuals who already knew who she was, but she couldn’t place a name on them, or a memory she had shared with them to save her life. It was a refreshing change.

“Although, perhaps I should be getting back… It is quite late, and I’d hate to have anyone worry because I’m not around.” A smile quirked the mare’s dark lips, azure eyes flicking from Galen to Kri, then back again to the bay stud. “You’re welcome to join me, Galen, if you so wish. Or, if you’re more inclined to follow Lady Kri, then I’ll respect that decision as well.”

[OOC: I have horrible muse, guys, and I'm sorry for this crap-post… >__>]