the Rift

The Return of Little Miss Sunshine (Romani, Open)

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The filly wandered, almost lost. She looked for the site of green, and she finally found it. Sandman had not responded well to her, for what she had hoped from him. She wondered what had happened, as his reaction was unexpected, and she thought about what she had done to get this reaction from him. Had it been too long since she had seen him? Had he changed? She doubted that, since he was still flirting with her. Perhaps she was too bold. The filly had changed, despite her young age, into a more mature state. She felt that her innocence had been stolen by those stallions, although it, in reality, hadn’t. But the mental trauma she suffered from opened her eyes to a darker side of the world, and she couldn’t simply forget that. Even through this, her personality had stayed the same. She was still happy and cheerful, distracted by the tiniest things, loved the little things in her life. The day was once again sunny and warm, and she stretched, her muscles tense and strained from walking again. She wanted to be home so she could rest. The Foothills had been her home for a long time now, and she was sad to only have returned just now. She remembered her warm welcome when she had first come here. Were those same horses still around? This thought occurred to her, but she brushed it off. It didn’t matter if they were or not. She would find them if they were, or make new friends if they weren’t. The filly didn’t know about the Civil War sweeping the green land, and it would come as a shock to her when she found out. She reached a hill, looking down upon it. The land stretched before her, greener than she had ever seen. The cold winter had pasted, and all of the land sprung to live, bring in every creature the forests and plains could hold. Birds flew everywhere, fish were leaping to catch flies, and small mammals pranced about, scavenging for food. It was full of life, and the paint’s heart beat with it. She loved nature, to look at all the animals about her. It was something that others found strange, but she never took mind of it. The wind blew her hair as she stood there, bringing butterflies into her view. They flew past her, shining a bright blue. She smiled, and ran down the hill. Animals scattered as the large equine ran past, causing the ground to shake slightly. She ran until she couldn’t run anymore, ending up in a clearing near a large hill surrounded by trees. She stopped, out of breath.

[W/C | 448 ]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

It was a slow day for the palomino mare. She had spent the morning playing with Kasai, having the cub chase her across the fields of the Foothills, but was careful to not outstrip the young tigress and her somewhat gangly legs. It would be some time before Kasai could move with the sleek grace of her feline cousins, and for now would have to do with the sloppy trot that all small cubs seemed to possess. It was a good bonding experience for the two of them, and only after she had played her fill, Kasai had laid down to doze in the grass.

Now, it was noon, and the black and white cub still slept to Romani’s right, her spotted ears twitching whenever a stray fly would land upon the appendages. The Haflinger mare, herself, was content to graze, muscled neck lowered to press her muzzle to the sweet grass that the Foothills offered in abundance. Pulling the sweet shoots of grass from the earth, she sighed, chewing thoughtfully before swallowing. If only all days could be this peaceful and lazy… But then again, if they were, then nothing would get done.

The rapid sound of hoof beats approaching is what pulled the palomino’s attention from the grass she was eating, causing her to lift her head and direct her gaze to the area and her and the slumbering tigress. Azure eyes immediately landed on the form of a mare tearing across the emerald fields, a golden paint with an ivory mane and tail. The warrior could not remember seeing this mare before, but she had a somewhat familiar scent… Was she a citizen of the Foothills? If so… Then why had the palomino never seen her before?

Glancing to Kasai, the mare sent a mental nudge to the cub to wake her from her slumber. Lifting her tired head, the said cub yawned and exposed the sharp incisors of her teeth for perhaps a moment before her jaws snapped shut. Ever so slowly the tigress got to her feet, head swiveling slightly to regard the stranger with curious, deep blue eyes. The warrior moved closer to her companion, just in case, and Romani inhaled a deep breath of fresh air before releasing a whinny to alert the golden paint of her presence. The tone was not challenging, yet wary, and slightly curious.

Her ears perked in anticipation, tossing her head and inhaling deeply through her nostrils. “Hello, there!” She called then, tossing her cumbersome mane from her face and voice raised to be carried over the vast distance between the two mares. Her tone was pleasant and welcoming.

[OOC: Teeroo… I’m SO SORRY for this horrible post. XD My next one will be better.]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Unregistered
The wind felt good on the filly’s face, and the running helped her relieve the stress she here body had taken in getting there. She felt more relaxed now, and she had returned to the Foothills. This is the land she loved, and wanted to offer her help to. Maybe now that she was back, there was something for her to do. A loud whinny broke through the hills, and she was alerted to the presence of another horse. It was mare, and she was lying underneath a tree. Next to her, was…a tiger cub! She raced towards her, only having eyes for the cub. She stopped a few feet in front of the mare and cub, and stared at the female cub.
“She adorable! I’m guessing she’s your companion. How lovely that must be to have a baby tiger cub! What’s her name?” She looked at the mare, smiling, excited to see another welcoming face. “I’m sorry, my manners are off at the moment.” She let loose a bubbly giggle from her lips, her smile taking a bigger space on her maw. “I am Kanti. I used to live here a while ago before…well, that doesn’t matter. I’m so glad to be back in this place, I can’t even stand it!”
She pranced around in a circle, showing off her emotions. Her filly heart was uncontrollable, and she didn’t realize that she was being silly. She would learn to control herself eventually, but now was not that time. Her happiness couldn’t be shattered by anything, and she had no worries in the whole world. She pranced back to the mare and her cub, greeting her with another smile.
“I know I’m asking a lot of questions, but would you mind tell me your name? Do you live here as well? If you do, could you tell me the latest news? I love gossiping.”

(Oh your fine dear, sorry for the late reply :'( )

[W/C | 314 ]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Romani watched as the stranger heard her call, looking around for a second before spotting the Haflinger and the white tiger cub. Her expression seemed to blossom, and immediately she approached, her dainty hooves taking her across the fields and stopping only a few paces before the two. It didn’t seem like this painted mare held any form of threat, but little Kasai wasn’t too sure… Kasai moved slightly closer to the thick pillar’s of Romani’s legs, tail flicking left and right, unused to such scrutiny. It seemed that the painted mare only had eyes for the tigress.

Romani chuckled at the mare’s exuberant words. “She is, thank you,” she murmured softly, tipping her head towards the cub. She sent a wave of soothing emotion to the cub through their mental bond, letting Kasai know that this stranger meant no harm to either of them. “Her name is Kasai, and she’s quite adorable, hm? Life has begun looking up since the Gods graced her with me. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Kanti.” Her personality was quite unlike anyone Romani had ever met before.

Where others in Helovia had been brooding or serious, most had been kind, but none had obtained this bubbly, carefree attitude that Kanti seemed to openly display. It was a nice change of pace, and her kindness and exhilaration for life was contagious. The smile that adorned Romani’s dark lips grew at her words, and with another soft laugh she shook her head, ivory mane swaying against her thick neck.

“Well, allow me to be the first to welcome you home, good Kanti. My name is Romani. The Foothills have been quiet lately, and things have changed since you went away, I’m sure…” Here, Romani trailed off, pondering her words and picking them carefully before she spoke. How long had Kanti been away? For quite some time it looked like, since Romani had been there since Frostfall, and she hadn’t seen the paint anywhere beforehand. “The ruling system has changed… Jackal, I’m not sure if you know him or not, has overthrown both Svetlana and Archibald, and has become the sole Chief of the Foothills, doing away with the Triumvirate.”

As she spoke, the warrior kept a close eye on Kanti’s previously happy expression in an attempt to gauge her reaction. Would she feel the pain off loss that the Haflinger had felt upon the abrupt change of ranking?

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Unregistered
The filly listened as the mare told her about the new laws in the land. She watched Kasai while she listened, a smile on her face at the little cub. She wished she could be blessed with such a creature of her own, but was unsure of what she would choose. She talked of the Triumvirate, of which the young filly doesn’t recognize. Her brow furrowed, unsure of how to proceed. Whatever this Triumvirate was, it sounded important from what Romani said.
“First off, she is cute, and thank you for your warm welcome. What is the Triumvirate? I’m afraid I don’t know what that is. I’m young, still just a filly, so I don’t really remember what that is. I also don’t remember Svetlana or Archibald, and I definitely don’t know this Jackal. Why would he choose to rule by himself?”
The pondered this, the feeling unsettling here. What was happening to her home? She almost felt lost, like this land wasn’t where she was before. Was she in a dream? Was she still kidnapped, chained up in the mist of the slave camp, not awoken by her master to fulfill his need? She jolted, and almost screamed. Her mind has sucked her into her memories, a place where she didn’t want to go. The filly let out a whimper, a tear falling from her face towards the soft grass below. She shook her head, knowing that this mare was probably wondering why she had suddenly broke. “I’m sorry. I left this world, and dove into my memories. Before I came back…” She trailed off, not able to finish her sentence. What would she be able to say? No one would ever understand, and she wasn’t in the mood to talk about it. “Never mind. Please continue.”

[W/C |298 ]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Unregistered
bumping for anyone who wants to join still