the Rift

Drawing fire (Nadira)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
The ground disappeared far below. Each rolling mound turned from a visible incline, to specks of emerald colored flats that appeared to have no shape or form when stared at from uptop the land of fluff and sky. My wings stretched to their full extend. A sigh emerged; finally at long last my heart felt peaceful. Limbs moving only a halfbeat per thrust to aid in balance; there was no hurry. I flew for pleasure today—taking a moment from parenting and duties to enjoy a gift given at birth.

When concentrating I could feel each feather, and they felt alive—vibrantly engaged in a pastime that only a winged creature could truly appreciate. What could be more perfect? With a pale blue sky and afternoon sun blazing hot kisses across withers and beyond.

Experimentally I grew playful, desiring to test body and its limits. Dipping one wing caused frame to spin in a tight circle that I could loosen or constrict depending on how far the appendage was downed. Tucking further I spun down, dropping fifty or so feet before slicing wings back open and ridding a warm updraft into the heavens once again. Flying had a way of relaxing and stressing every muscle in a body. It was here that all worries fled, the only sound being a thrumming wing and heartbeat. Even whistling air took a backburner until nothing but blissful silence filled empty space.

Lunging forward my wings closed halfway and sent me flinging toward earth in a bullet like shape. Halfway before becoming a painted pancake those same appendages opened to grant both a thrilling shot of speed and pain parallel to ground. Pain because shaky equine bones didn’t like being flung open with laws such as gravity and whatnot controlling their movement.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Her canvas was hidden beneath the strangely large tree that seemed to be equally located in the heart of Thistle Meadow, beside the brook. She had recently spent the night there and had come to find the stream most soothing, finding a near and dear place with her already. She had slept, for the first time, in ages, peacefully. No dreams to devour her. She had had some display of light show put on by the fireflies, and the soothing; rushing of liquid had easily put her to sleep within no time. She had needed the rest much, and felt like a new, refreshed and ready for what the new day would bring her.

She had an alabaster canvas with an ivory horn. She was your classic unicorn, with piercing glacier sapphires eyes. She was actually quite surprised with how many equine had been gifted with a variety of blue eyes, but her’s did not reflect your image, or mirror anything in return, when looked upon, except that of her homeland, Luster. She had determined she was quite a few worlds away, and would have to accept that she may never return home to her homeland. Instead, adapting to this new world, of Helvoia: for it was quit an intriguing world, she did have to admit. With many splendors that Earth had not.

The sun was bright that midday, and shone its warmth with great abundance. But she kept to the shadows, as she had spotted a glorious sight, of a black and white painted pegasus enjoying is romp through the heavens. There were times she had wished to feel the air current beneath her. But she was content with who she was. Actually quite satisfied, to put it in better terms. She wouldn’t have it any other way, than to be proud to call herself a unicorn.

She continued to watch with awe at the aerial acrobats of the stallion. So smooth, as his twirling dive only ended in him soaring back up to the heavens, but only for a short moment, before deciding to come back down to solid ground. She wondered if she had been detected. Prancing in place, what little light broke through the leaves played off her impeccably clean coat. The sun’s rays glistened as if her pelt was made of liquid, as if she were the shadow of the sea. She waited patiently for the stag to recuperate from his stunts, and landing, before she would introduce herself.

ooc: so sorry, this is the shortest post I have written with her :( But I just couldn't write anymore... the muse is there, but I seemed to have summed everything up pretty darn good, maybe too good.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING

The sky felt glorious, wonderfully tame. This of course was a lie. We knew better….didn’t we?

Expansion mirrored earth; its many colors reflected our sorrows and delights. Heaven was a dangerous beauty—meant to be fondled gently. Each time I flew, there was always a chance that the gentle breeze could turn wicked, and fate would claim these wings back for itself. Yet this possibility didn’t keep me from taking what nature had decreed. Mostly because it was…just….so much fun! No mortal words in my vocabulary could describe the overflow of emotions a Pegasus got when gliding through warm air.

Simply relishing in fond freedom, soaking it into soul. Refreshing.

Gaze would find no qualms with peering down at endless plains of foliage, and beyond toward the cover of spruce, pine, maple and oak. When high enough it seemed earth was moving in slow motion, as if time itself had been suddenly halted. That trick was only an illusion of the mind, in reality things actually sped up. The air was thinner, allowing room for movement at a much faster pace than earthbound kin.

Each breath came heavy and harsh, chest heaved with required effort. I had broken a light sweat, droplets slipped along spine and trailed between muscles. A proud smile creased my face...despite being out of breath and covered in wet; chasing updrafts always put a fellow into a pleasant mood. Huffing and trying to regain with each intake I slowed to a trot then walk, my steps chose direction toward shade and possible refreshment.

Wings were half furled, hot and heavy; my attention was momentarily disrupted with the act of twisting neck mid-stride and pulling a loose feather free. It was when skull swiveled back round that I took notice of a curious presence. Untarnished silhouette, bright and glowing with light of our sun caught my eye first most. Hidden pupils likely watching my every move. Limbs paused and I rattled through the names of familiar equine.

This one was new, and by drifting fragrance—a woman.

Easily retaining a light grin that felt sloppier than usual, I uttered joyfully, “Good day,” legs started working again. Taking option that this lady wasn’t going to be a threat. Drawing near, the unicorn part of her became evident; its white curls instantly reminded me of another girl; though I wouldn’t mention thought, “You seem to have found the best spot,” my tone skipped on with humor.

Water trickled close by, tempting me with urges that demanded attention. I trailed off to satisfy those urges, stopping only when lips ran through cool liquid. Close enough for a conversation to form, but far enough for even the most modest of mares to feel comfortable.

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

With ease, the two-tone stag erased the expanse that divided him from the fairy tale unicorn. He had been too occupied with the shuffling of his feathers, that when he gazed upon her, she saw the startled look given in her direction. She was becoming accustomed to this response. As if she was a figment of their imagination, appearing before them. He held a blissful state as he spoke with light notes that reached her ears.

It was clear that she would soon be mistaken for the one other unicorn in these lands that appeared to be her twin, apparently. Of course this was speaking in metaphorical terms. Walking in someone else’s shadow was not her idea and soon enough misunderstandings would not be an issue. Not that it was that big of a deal, as it was not. Quite amusing actually at how well this other mare and her resembled so much of each other.

"Indeed."

She wasn’t much for words, and one word apparently had summed her response to both inquiries nicely. Tilting her visage in formalities, as she was accustomed to doing, the opaque mare eagerly followed his frame with her glacier sapphire visionaries to the edge of the clear liquid. No offense was taken, as she too would have quenched her thirst with the crisp, refreshing aqua.

"Have you been flying all day?"

Her question was light and airy, as she moved her petite frame out from under the tree and to his side. Just watching him had made her realize her parched throat. Like sweet candy, the water slipped smoothly down her throat. Closing her orbs for only a relishing moment, the unicorn soaked in the tranquil atmosphere. The commotion of the day had settled, and she was taking it easy.

Collecting her façade, she swept her gaze over the pegasi, noting his snowy wings, but strangely tipped with canary coloring. A unique feature she thought admiringly. It was moments like these that having a pair of wings would be nice. But she was more than satisfied with her heritage and lineage. Though her past was nothing she wanted to repeat again. Having found this safe haven, she only prayed every day she would remain safe here.

"I am Nadira. And you are?"

Letting her thoughts drift, she began to wonder why those she met seemed to keep their distance. She figured for the most part because of her ancient ways. The aura she presented demanded respect, but she knew there was more to it. She had witnessed many mares assume the role of equalizing themselves with that of the stags, when really they should be revered. Nadira meant treasure or precious, and she was not about to be treated any differently.

What had started her new demeanor was being restored to her rightful essence. As a human, she had been hunted by what she had known as the hunters. Not only fearing for her life, from day to day, and night after night, NADIRA was constantly reminded of her dying mortal body. If it had not been for the portal that had transported her to Helovia, and restored her to her true form, she might have never known who she truly was. But now that she knew, it only made her past that much more evident as to why she had been restlessly hunted.

Her nightmare’s still controlled her. They devoured her in her sleep. So she had adopted a nocturnal routine. Only resting for short periods of time when her weary bones screamed with agony. In all of two decades, she had acquired two full nights of sleep. She felt new and rejuvenated. It would be enough to keep her going for a while. As she would be exploring and venturing the new lands of Helovia. A wanderer is never done seeking and searching. A gypsy’s heart she blamed on never growing up with stability. She also blamed that on her unfortunate circumstances, a boarding school for orphans.

Never having known her parents, or any other unicorn for that matter, she had been alone in the world. She vanished from the school at eight, in human years, as she had become aware of watching eyes and those who had been tracking her. Ever since she had been on the move, fighting for a life she wished not live. But now, she was glad she had found a safe haven. At least for now.

N A D I R A

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING

This unicorn female appeared as any other woman of her species, but maybe more delicate in body than most. Many creatures of Helovia were of a hardy variety, their bodies fit and chiseled for a harsh existence—mainly because our home was nothing but a battle waiting to happen. Danger lurked in the shadows, and bad omens had come first in a recent drought, than the banishment of our sunlord during harsh winter months and finally an eclipse that threatened sacred bonds which had only recently been restored. In truth, when I gazed upon her outward appearance she looked green, as if not a single day of battle had crossed path.

Untarnished by life.

We must look quite silly standing next to each other; she was my physical polar opposite. I was garnished with sunlight and steel, muscled from head to toe by constant training. Facade was stern in the brow, but with gentle eyes. In contrast this lady was of smaller built, though we stood roughly similar in height. Without the extra muscle mass of a warrior she looked dwarfed and vulnerable; had a lengthy weapon of hinting maturity not been planted in the middle of that creamy forehead—I might have wondered if this company was just barely beyond childhood.

"Have you been flying all day?"

Ashen head rose from its lowered position, lips still dribbled with water when the snowy miss came near to silence her own physical desires.

Muzzle twitched, “Nay friend, duties have kept me from drilling our sky for my pleasure alone.” Most of the daylight hours were spent preforming everyday duties. Such as being a: father, patroller, teacher, recruiter—all these things took their time in turn, leaving very little energy for that carefree silliness only the luckiest of youth got to participate in.

Open afternoons were a rare treat for one with things such as responsibilities. Today I felt very lucky. Blessed to have a spare moment, and blessed with company that didn’t appear to be in any hurry. She moved with a slow pose that flowed smooth as water, her relaxed posture eased me into a mimicking state. Breath finally slowed into that familiar rhythm of content.

"I am Nadira. And you are?"

“Midas,” I replied simply, not bothering to add frilly title toward the end, “I haven’t seen you around these parts of the wild before. Are you new to Helovia?”

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

A light breeze rippled over the terrain, combing its way through her silks, tossing them lightly against her slender nape. Delicate ears twitched atop her crown, picking up on his response to her question of his flying. Duties were one thing she wasn’t so much aware of, as fighting for her life had become a natural defense and offense. She nodded, though, for she could comprehend duties and responsibilities taking up one’s time away from pleasure and relaxation. She was no stranger to that.

For once, it seemed as though her calm nature finally had a positive affect. She could feel the tension leave his body and evaporate into the sun’s rays. Smiling, half to herself, she hadn’t experienced another settle in quietly beside her. She had begun to think she made others nervous by nature, and had begun to wonder why, and what made others nervous around her.

The rhythm of their breathing lined up in sync for a moment before she had introduced herself. The winged stallion replied with his own name, Midas, a strong name. His own question, she should have been waiting on, as it was a common question to ask a new face, was received with a light smile and a slight tilt of her head. Her icy azure spheres were kind and gentle as her gaze rested on the pegasi while answering his inquiry.

"Is it that obvious, Midas? Well, yes. In riposte to your inquiry, I am.”

Her speech was light and chime-like. She wasn’t sure how much information she could trust him with. She hadn’t exactly confirmed those who she trusted, she hadn’t exactly been around these lands quite long enough to make her own observations either. In time, she would know. That was why her intent was to try and meet as many who called Helovia their home, and find out if she truly belonged here.

Just by observation alone, she had seen the contrast in her build, to that of the majority of the population that made up Helovia. But fierceness, strength, bravery, courage, and whatever else it took to be a good soldier, warrior, were not based on build alone. NADIRA knew this. Surprises always came in small packages. Though she would tell you immediately, she was no warrior. She had seen enough bloodshed in her lifetime to know war and battle was not her cup of tea.

This did not mean she was not good, and did not know how or what to do. She was cunning, wiry, lithe, quick, agile, innovative and creative. But her specialty arose in helping others. Nature interested her. A life of peace was a nice thought. Not running for your life, but she was beginning to see if she would choose to stay here, making her own personal alliances with those she trusted, would not be a bad idea.

To hell with alliances from your own herd, hadn’t anyone heard of keep your friends close, but your enemies closer? No, she would pick and choose her alliances based off of her own bias opinion. As for now, the Foothills were only a means of a safe place to rest for the time being, until a better offer arose and presented itself.

"Midas, if you don’t mind me asking, where do you call home in these parts of Helovia?”

Yes, she was quite certain there was no other like her here, except in appearances alone. Her mannerisms and behavior, personality and character were nothing like what she had been introduced to. Osiris had made that clear. It was a difficult line she drew for herself. She hid herself well here. No one knew of her past, and she was quite all right with that. Maybe it would all disappear and she could start anew. Wouldn’t that be a splendid thought? Yes, indeed it would.

N A D I R A

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
"Is it that obvious, Midas? Well, yes. In riposte to your inquiry, I am.”

It wasn’t that obvious, I mused mildly. A humorous smile contoured my face with tender understanding toward her response at being new. I had only asked because having been born in this land permitted me to know many a horse and she didn’t fit on my long list of names and faces. My dark head bobs naturally once in response. I wouldn’t spoil our meeting with unnecessary questions of origin, it was nice simply allowing the ease of our polite conversation to keep my state of being in a lolling calm that had been unfamiliar of late.

That humorous smile turns into one of more gentle attendance, remaining ever fixed upon my lips, "Midas, if you don’t mind me asking, where do you call home in these parts of Helovia?” Nobody least not I couldn’t have guessed just how much of a stranger this lady was to this territory. Her manner and voice were spurred beyond the years of a simply yearling, yet she looked not a day older than that of one freshly sprung from her mother’s side. Her upbringing must have been good and trials mild to still retain such a pure spirit.

Answering honestly and without hesitation I say, “I am from a red desert not far from here, its title is known by most as ‘Dragon’s Throat’.” Would she know of my home simply by its name? Seeing this as a perfect opportunity to gather new blood for our ever growing family I also add shamelessly, “Let me extend offer for you to come visit, should your eyes have the desire for a change of scenery.” One would think our desert home to be plain or uninteresting, and at first glance such a gathering of ideas is rightly so. But when someone took the time to dive deeper, they saw the hidden beauty of mountains hidden from the world by sandstone and our tropical oasis; and that was only the start. My nose was no stranger to the surrounding clans, and this lady had the faintest hint of foothill clinging to pelt, so sadly; this she was likely already taken by them.

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Nadira was well beyond her years, she knew that, but she had been graced with immortality and her appearance was fresh like newly bloomed baby’s breath. His humorous smile was contagious and she found one creasing her maw as well. Frail ears tipped in the stallion’s favor as he spoke. The sun was warm on her pelt, but the nice breeze that kept the temperature pleasant. The carefree atmosphere was welcoming, like a fresh cool drink on a hot summer’s day. Her companion’s voice was soothing as he answered her question. She had heard of the Dragon’s Throat. Very little, but when you are a traveler, you hear things, or come by things.

“I have heard of the red desert known as the Dragon’s Throat.”

The mare of white was about to inquire how he had ended up there, but he beat her to the punch and inquired she join him. Well at least in visiting. It couldn’t hurt, could it? She was not bound to the Foothills by any means. She half considered it, but while she let her thoughts play with the idea of visiting another potential homeland, she had another question to ask of him. Her voice was light and tender, but the melodic tune floated on the air amid the duo, like smooth glass.

Despite her upbringing, which consisted of no role models, no guardians, no one to guide her, it seemed her teachings long ago, once as a young unicorn, had swiftly arisen from the bottomless pit of her essence. Now having been reconnected to where she belonged, it appeared that things were coming to light again, and she was remembering little things. Nothing spectacular, like remembering her parents, or those who had once been close to her, but the little things that seemed not to be of importance. But even then, these little remembrances had helped her get around this new world and not be taken for a naïve young filly.

“Midas, how did you come to call the Dragon’s Throat your home?”

Open-ended questions she had found best in inquiring and imperative to gathering information to further discriminate choices put forth before her. Plus, for the most part, others seemed not to mind talking about themselves, or of things that mattered to them. It was those who sought to be inconspicuous that alerted the timeless unicorn to suspicious behavior and red flags were then marked in her tiny cranium. It was strange to have experienced a mortal’s body and thought process. How simple life could have been if she had just stayed where she was told.

Tuning back to what Midas was saying about his homeland, her genuine smile remained on her divinely exquisite features, as she truly took in all he had to say. She despised those who pretended to listen and really could careless about what was being shared. But she did care, and she hoped it showed. Sure she had troubles of daydreaming, but it wasn’t done on purpose, by any means. She knew that was precisely what had happened… the day when her future had completely came to a crashing halt and had turned her heart to stone… or so she had thought and experienced for a time. But having a new life, a clean slate, had a different appeal, and just maybe she would be given the chance to hopefully mend a broken past, and heart.

“Tell me, Midas. Should I decide to visit your home, the red desert known as the Dragon’s Throat, what would await for me there? What assistance would I be to the Dragon’s Throat, and what would they provide for me, save for the obvious, of course.”

Her piercing glacier gaze rested on his frame, as she waited on his answer. If she was going to be searching for a place to call her own, she was going to do her research. One who did not research that of most importance, showed her the depth of authentic interest to what one was committed to. It was easy to see what was important to certain creatures, especially by observation, a trade she had learned. She would be doing a lot more in the days to come. She was sure of that.

N A D I R A

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
She had heard of my home, which wasn’t entirely unexpected. Most folks who spent any amount of time around Helovia came to know the land rather easily. It also helped that our numbers swelled to be larger than most. Our territory was perhaps the best when it came to defense. Nothing could be better defended than an open expansion of land that offered sight for miles. Not much sneaking to be done. “Midas, how did you come to call the Dragon’s Throat your home?” Gaze softened, I was growing to like this mare a little more with each moment; she was ever continuously polite and genuinely curious, “I was born on its sands, lady Nadira. My family came to this country years ago and made their home in the desert long before my birth.” Time had flown by since then. They were gone and I remained, with a growing family of my own to tend to. But this was the way of life.

It felt rude to not offer the same listening ear as she, so I offered a similar question, “From what land do you hail?” I only asked because she had taken the time to inquire, it felt less awkward to press into matters that didn’t concern myself or formalities. Her next question gave me reason to pause and think. What did my home have to offer her? Brain rattled off the usual response, but I felt like she was going to expect a different answer. Pondering lasted only a moment, my eyes rose to hers and lips parted to answer her question, “You’ll receive protection of course, we protect our members as if they were blood relation—each is a sister, a brother, a teacher. Most seek to excel in their given talents, some with battle, other crafting or storytelling. Still some harvest power from out deities, the mighty sun and earth.”

“We offer purpose Nadira. A reason to wake each morning and draw breath. Our warrior ranks offer honor and a brotherhood unmatched by any.” Taking a breath I stare into those wide eyes, wondering if my answer would be enough to meet her unspoken expectations, “I know this sounds cliché, but to truly experience everything a territory has to offer; you must first walk its trails and swim in its waters. Sample the tall strands of meadow grass and talk to its people." Smiling now I added simply, “Only then, can my words carry weight.”