the Rift

Why do I wander?

Tosca Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Her steps faltered as she reached the towering trees, chocolate eyes darting to check and see if she truly was alone. The scents of many lingered here, but it was with an eery silence that the forest held it’s secrets. She wasn’t sure she liked it.

What had driven her so far from home? Little but the itch in her feet and the promise of adventure she would like to say... but would it be enough to cover the truth of it? Cloven hooves left shallow prints in the lush grass before it sprang back up behind her as if daring her to shed her pain - right here and now, but she would not. Not while her heart still burned with the rage and betrayal that her parents had instilled in her, thinking she would meekly go where they willed her. Treating her like a simple possession to be traded. To them...

A snort, then, with a whip of her creamy head, tipped with darker tones - and flailing of her dark tail. Her eyes narrowed as she thought she detected movement. She readied herself to flee... Were they coming?

But not yet...

Cautiously, she proceeded, until something told her to stop. What was this place? How far had she run exactly? And would they come looking for her, expecting her to uphold the promise her parents had made on her behalf? She would never bend to their will. Not so long as breath passed her lungs. Why was she here? What was this place?

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: darttable2.png]

d'ARTAGNAN

d'Artagnan watches the dun move with a cautious step, his gaze one of boredom as he contemplated leaving her to wander. He sighed. Better not, the other herds would only come and plague her mind with dribbles of equality and living in peace. There was no peace in their equality, one species would have to rule and d'Artagnan knew which one had the most precious blood to do so. With a sight, the blood coloured steed made his way from out of the trees shadows and into the path of the horned mare, his face intent on hers now.

"You're going the wrong way, you know" he noted to her dryly. Tail flicking at the flies that were nibbling at his fur, blue amulet chiming as his mane shifted. He examined her horn; it was plain and dark, much like his sister's, and protruded dangerously from her head. Hooves of split nature identified her further and her belly moved with the motion of someone who had run a great distance. What was she running from? A question that may be answered in time but a question that may also be important. If she was running from someone or something, were they coming here? d'Artagnan kept half his attention on her and the other half on his surroundings.

Dual coloured pools noted her build, muscled and made for distance running. She could have run over many miles, it looked well within her potential. It wasn't too dissimilar to his own, except the shade held attributes of the arab, his face smaller and slightly dished. Atop his head grew twin glass horns, one had been made a shard after a gruesome battle in which he lost. A bitter memory. Silver moons of different sizes were tattooed onto his flank and stifle. Helovia had marked d'Artagnan in a way no other land had.

the N i g h t s h a d e

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Tosca Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
OOC: So sorry! Been quite sick. Feeling good today though.

You’re going the wrong way you know... The words cut through the almost pregnant silence, the masculine voice startling the young mare. Not even the birds dared to sing in this strange wilderness and the sudden break in the lull had been unexpected. Chocolate eyes darted between the crowding trees, searching and seeking. A flash of blood, and then he was there, in front of her. She could not contain the nervous shiver that passed down her flank as she took in all of him. The shattered horn atop his head, and the full right down to his cloven hooves. Even here, she found herself among family by blood relation or not. Eyes strayed to the strange marking on the strange males side before she quickly focused her attention on the grass beneath his hooves. It was rude to stare after all.

Ears still swiveled atop her head, searching for any sign the pursuers may be gaining ground, while her sides continued to heave. But they had given up the chase many moons ago. There were other fillies, soon to be mares, and she had been cast aside in their mind like an old sway backed nag. Still she remained entirely oblivious to anything but her own perceived danger (after all word of this had not travelled to her ears) and she was set in her resolve. She would not go with them. She could not go...

But she needed to gather her wits.

“W-where am I?” she questioned, her youthfulness evident in her shaky tone. All she knew was it was a very long way from home. The home to which she would never return.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: darttable2.png]

d'ARTAGNAN

His voice seemed to have caught her off guard and he watched with growing amusement as she looked around to locate him. Finally her warm, brown eyes found his own diseased ones, she seemed nervous in his presence. d'Artagnan looked downwards towards himself, was he doing something... Wrong? Trying his best to not look like he was about to kill her, he lowered his head to try and give her some confidence. The shade would not hurt his own kind unless attacked first.

It took a little time, but the mare seemed to gather the left overs of her wits and come round. d'Artagnan resisted a snort. I'm not really that scary, am I? Her young voice broke the silence and she answered his rather blandly put statement with a question. The Nightshade shifted on his split hooves and moved a little closer, looking around at the wood and trying to act as non-threatening as possible. "The general area is Helovia. You stand in it's entrance." His voice thoughtful as he looked around before turning back to her again. Trying one of his rare half smiles.

"I'm d'Artagnan, I come from the far North of here, a land where only the unicorn rules." For now that was all he'd divulge, always assessing her reaction, wondering whether she sought the same as himself or an ignorant land of equality. In his revealing of his name he hoped she would offer her own too, so he might know what to call her. His friendly demeanour turned to stern curiousity then, have gave one glance to her young face and motioned behind her. "Are you running away from something?" His tone said it all, it was a question with a warning.

Whatever it was, it had better not be coming here.

the N i g h t s h a d e

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!