the Rift

Bloody Wounds || Open

Dakini Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

D A K I N I
Royalty shall be the unicorns, thence we shall be treated with respect.

"Speech."
Such a strange place this was. On my way here, I had seen huge woods and open plains. High mountains in the distance and green hills. I couldn't really figure out how I had focused on the surroundings instead of my bloody wounds and displaced leg.
My leg hurt like hell and a few times down the way I had been close to fainting. That freaking pegasus would pay someday. Someday.
Golden orbs explored the new terrain, observing the thin frost on the ground and the snowy mountains.

I searched for the stallion that had brought me here. Even though he had made me fight that annoying pegasus, he had still been a gentleman.
Just by appearing there with his horns, he had saved me.
A small sigh left my dark lips and I limped on. I was sure to not move my hind leg too much, or else I would scream.
Tears ran down my dirty and bloody cheeks, tears caused by the irritating pain.

Was I alone or was there actually someone else here with me? The moonlight didn't reveal much, helping the night invade on my royal space. Fine, I had to stop myself there. I wasn't royalty no more, even though the royal blood still ran through my veins.
Another sigh. This was torture. Bloody, dirty and sorrowful torture.

Not treated like dirty slaves.
template by revo. <3
stock by aphoticbeauty.deviantart.com

Shuler Posts: N/A
Unregistered

S h u l e r         
The best lies about me are the ones I told.

“It’s not safe for fair ladies to wander the dark alone, you know.”

Like a shadow in the shifting rays of moonlight, Shuler lingers in the darkness, golden coat cast in an eerie glow by the luminescence of the moon, the dark points of his legs, his ebony mane and tail, disappearing into the inky blackness like an apparition fading into nothing. The Basin phantom is well practiced when it comes to remaining hidden. He has memorized every game trail and nook and cranny in the Time God’s valley, knew in explicit detail of the mountain pass that lead into the Basin’s borders, had traveled vast distances and countless miles through the lands of Helovia, forever broadening his capacity for knowledge. He was always watching, observing, collecting information for whatever usefulness it my yield him. Like a diligent student he studies, reads each book and every verse of every individual he meets, committing their likeness to memory, digging into their stories, attempting to reveal the heart of their character, the plot twists of their life time, the end before it has happened.

This bay mare was undoubtedly troubled. Shuler could see it in the flint like glint of her eyes, golden and burning in subdued abhorrence, the sigh of vexation that slips past her lips in whispered wanton. Her movements are stiff, cumbersome, and she is apparently lame because of her injured leg. She is distracted, in pain, not paying attention to her surroundings, lost in whatever tumultuous thoughts raged and raved through the abyss of her thoughts. Shuler wrinkles his nose at the blood, at the rusty, rancorous scent of infection, at the thought of fighting in general, for he never allowed himself within range of receiving such blows, and likely never would. Perhaps some might consider him a coward, but let them think what they will. Shuler liked to think of it as self-preservation at its finest.

He steps from his shadowed seat beneath the drooping branches of an old oak tree so that she may see him, cumbersome limbs heavy with spring leaves, creaking in aged protest at the gentle caress of the late night breeze. Not lacking any manners the dun stallion dips his head, the point of his barbed, black horn brushing the ground in a sweeping motion, and he offers her a most unsettling, sincere smile, despite the previous darkness of his original first words to her. Chivalry is certainly not dead. Drawing himself back up, amber-honeyed eyes linger on her, taking note of the scar across the otherwise soft features of her feminine face, the crooked, spiraling twist of the ivory horn resting upon her brow, and the gentle swirl of blue that coils up the side of her cheeks. In the dim light of the constellations and moon shining down from the heavens above him, Shuler can barely make out the crisscross and jagged edges of scars, older than her current injuries, lacing their way across her skin. He wonders how she received them, what violence such a petite, delicate looking creature could have been subject to. There was only one way to find out…

"Has someone hurt you?”

He speaks in tones of falsified reassurance, kindness and concern fabricated from years of dedicated repetition, his words laced with empathy as they wind their way past gleaming white teeth and ashen lips toward the ears of the lady. It was a simple inquiry for the simple mind, but a double edged sword lingered beneath the surface for those who chose to find it, present in the way Shuler watches her, expectant and knowing as he awaits an answer.

Image Credits. Made by Ali.<3

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
Leyra's cloven hooves dug into the frosted ground. She kept her dark head low, looking back constantly to see if her daughter was doing alright. The small little roan child was still struggling. Her daughter was still learning about everything. Leyra couldn't help but place a happy expression on her face as she watched her daughter walk forward with her head low to the ground, inspecting the rocks and the soil. Leyra heard the sound of hoof steps before her, and when she lifted her head she was horrified at what she saw.

A battered and bloody unicorn walked along, deep in her thoughts. Another unicorn of dun coloring stepped up and spoke to the mare. Leyra shuffled closer to the bay mare and the dun, her maw opening slightly as she spoke."E-excuse me?"She asked the mare, her deep blue pools focused on the unicorn. "Are you alright?"She swept her tail over her child, nudging her closer to her side. She heard a small squeak of fear escape the babe's maw, and Leyra looked back, wishing to calm her daughter in any way she could. She returned her gaze to the two unicorns, concerned for the bay mare's condition. Should we bring her to the Mender? Leyra's voice rang out in her head, wondering what to do for this poor mare.

The young babe cowered at the mare with all the scratches. She stepped backwards, bumping into her mother. A dun unicorn had come too, asking if some one had hurt the mare. The roan babe kept her green orbs focused on the injured mare, then she flicked her orbs to her mother, and then back again. She took her steps slowly as she walked towards the mare, staring up at her."Are you hurting, ma'am?"Her voice was high and slightly squeaky, but the words spoken were words of worry. She stared at the mare, waiting for her to answer her question. She watched and waited patiently, trying to act calm although inside she was panicking.
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Unregistered

D A K I N I

"Speech."
Almost too busy with the pain I felt, it was quite a miracle that I even heard the voice. The first voice since the brindled unicorn who had left me on my own.
I turned my head towards the voice, trying to distinguish the figure that had spoken. I wanted some company, I needed company.
A sigh left me again and I turned my body to face the voice. Complainant sounds was heard as my leg dragged on the ground, refusing to move correctly.

I would kill Aryel. Someday, I would. That was surely a promise that I would keep to myself.
Movement in the shadows distracted me from my murderous thoughts and I saw the one who held the voice. He was dun, exactly what color was hard to see in this kind of light. But there was one thing that caught my attention: A horn. Black and long, comforting.
How glad wasn't I for seeing this fellow.

Just like my own, his eyes had a golden color. I watched him as he observed my injured body. Who was he, this unicorn who had found me in the middle of this winterland? I was curious now, determined to find out who he was.
He had a slender built with long legs, making him look younger in age. His height was superior than mine with only a few centimeters. Fine, maybe ten or twenty centimeters. I noticed a wondering, maybe worrying, look in his eyes as he observed my body.

"Has someone hurt you?” I tilted my head slightly, curious for this stallion. He looked as healthy as a unicorn could be, and his voice held a kind tone. Maybe I could trust him? But, would he make me fight?
I hoped not.
"Unfortunaly, yes. A stupid featherbrain fought me in the woods." I could only be honest with my own kind, even though it was hard to believe sometimes.

Suddenly another figure appeared out of the darkness. A horned mare with her foal. I was just relieved that it was a unicorn, and not a feathered one.
Both of the newcomers looked terrified, even though the mother seemed to try keeping her calm. I glanced at my dislocated leg and then back at the mare. Before I said anything, I had to take a deep breath to maintain the pain that the wounds caused me and tried not to scream.
"As I just said to this stallion, yes. A stupid airhead fought me in the woods and I recieved a.. Well." I looked at my leg once again.
"A quite hard kick to my thigh." Trying not to moan, I turned a bit more towards the mare and her foal without turning away from the stallion.

Electrifying threads exploded in my body as I turned and let out a small moan with the cold breath. I couldn't help it. This was... This was a nightmare. For anyone. My body began to shake from the hurting nerves and I looked at the filly.
"Are you hurting, ma'am?" First a smile appeared on my lips, but then the pain took in and it disappeared.
"Yes, young one, I'm hurting... Bad. But don't you worry, I'm okay." It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't completely true. I wasn't quite as okay as I tried to look like.

I have a motherly side and maybe it was just that side that made me tell the filly that I was okay. I hated scaring foals and those who scared them. They should be protected at all times, nothing else.

Word count: 595

template by revo. <3

Unregistered

S h u l e r         

"Unfortunately, yes. A stupid featherbrain fought me in the woods."

Shuler’s slender, golden ears flick forward atop his head in mild curiosity as his suspicions of a fight were confirmed by the mares very own words. He can’t help but be amused by the aggravation in her voice, that quick, biting temper that rears its head despite the fact that she is grievously injured. The golden stallion shifts his hooves against the soft spring soil thoughtfully, his obsidian silk tail waving leisurely against his hocks and haunches as he assesses the scarred mare before him. He notices the other pair approach the scene then, the appaloosa mare and her child otherwise hidden by the darkness. The concern in the new stranger's voice is apparent, as is the horror in her child’s eyes as she peers from behind her mother at the gruesome remnants of violence that linger in the injuries of the bay mare.

“My name is Shuler,” He replies quietly, introducing himself to both ladies at once. “It would be best, perhaps, to find you a healer. There are two that are capable of such here in our lovely Basin, the good Doctor D’Artagnan, and the fair lady and ambassador, Lena.”

Shuler watches as the injured mare reassures the child, and he cannot find the same empathy in his own heart as he glances again at the young creature, frail and fragile in comparison to the larger equines that surround it, and significantly more innocent. Children were foreign objects to him, his own childhood had been lack luster and deficient, his own parents are but a faint memory now in the back of his head, most of his young life spent in the company of his mentor- the only father figure he had ever known. He continues to stand amongst the mares and small foal in what appears to be a comfortable silence, eyes appeasing and half smile present, but beneath the perfectly practiced façade a discontentment rests in the pit of Shuler’s chest, and threatens to chase him away.

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
[[Kinda late. Sorry. :/]]

Leyra nodded her head."I have heard that d'Artagnan is a very skilled Mender."She smiled, looking at the dappled mare. Her wounds were all along her dapple bay body. Leyra couldn't help but feel sorry for the pain this mare had been through, although she tried her best not to show it. Leyra turned to her daughter, wondering if she was freaking out by the wounds. Instead her daughter's face showed anger, mad at something or someone. Leyra turned her attention back to the mare, then at the buckskin stallion, Shuler. He seemed discontent at the presence of her daughter. With her blue eyes set on him, Leyra spoke."A pegasus has done this?"She asked, flicking her eyes back and forth between the two unicorns.

The young babe was outraged at how this poor dapple mare had been treated. That's another reason why I hate pegasi and equines. They have no respect for us superior unicorns. The filly tossed her head a few times, pawing the ground with her small cloven hooves. "That bird-brain should've been nicer to you!" She snorted in disgust at the way the pegasus had hurt her. Her mother's velvety muzzle bumped her withers, telling the young babe that she was to shut her maw and no longer speak. With that she did just so, being the obedient child she was. When she realized her mother wasn't angry she flicked her small ears back, wondering why not. For now that remained a mystery, but what wasn't a mystery was that buckskin stallion's discontent. He seemed to be unhappy as soon as the little roan child had stepped foot into his vicinity. With her small whiskered muzzle stretched out towards him she asked, "What's wrong mister?" She stared at him with her small green pits. The lyrics that came from her lips seemed sweeter than the roan babe had expected. She stood tall, looking at the adult horses with her childish eyes.
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

"At least you made it home," an equable voice speaks up, the sound of approaching footfalls evident as the stallion finally makes his presence known. He had been the one to fetch Dakini from the Threshold, to invite her home to the lovely Basin, and the one who had ordered her to attack that blasted Pegasus named Aryel. The inuries had surpassed the level of damage expected, he would admit, but it had been nothing short of entertaining to watch. All the way back home he had wondered if the dappled unicorn would even make it; she had buckled to her knees in unconsciousness more than once, and the constant thought of leaving her behind had never left him.

Settling to a stop near the bunch, his eyes glanced briefly to the young unicorn at Leyra's side. A short chuckle escaped his throat at her words, but he spoke nothing to her. With a turn of his head he regarded Shuler for a moment, a fellow brother of the Plague who he hardly knew, but found mutual respect for nonetheless. After all, did they not share the same rank?

Then last, but not least, he looked upon the broken form that was Dakini. She was in obvious pain, no matter how hard she tried to hide it. Her attempts to reassure the foal were pitiful; why try and hide anything? If the filly were going to make it very long in the world, she needed to know nothing but the truth. "As everyone has already said, D'artagnan is a renouned doctor." The brindle thought briefly of the blood bay Mender, hoping that one day, he might get the chance to speak with him. Their words shared had always been brief, yet oddly enjoyable. "If he is not busy, I'm sure he'll take the time to cure you of your injuries."

Unregistered

D A K I N I

"Speech."
The dun introduced himself as Schuler. Very irrelevant to me, but I guessed that it would be nice to know his name. He spoke of someone named d'Artagnan, apparently a doctor. 'Just what I need. A doctor,' I thought and lowered my head a little. I needed a doctor for this goddamned leg.

The filly spoke out and I turned my head. Such opinions within a little filly like her wasn't usual - what I knew - and she surprised me at the same time as she made me proud. Even though it wasn't my filly at all.
"I need to meet this doctor, if it can be arranged. And thou, little filly, are absolutely right. That air-head should've showed me a bit of respect." My voice failed me by the start of the second sentence, as I accidentally leaned on wrong leg. A painful moan let out and I quickly changed leg.

d'Artagnan. I guessed it was a rather fine name for a doctor, especially if he was a unicorn like myself.
I was deep in among my thoughts when another voice was heard. I recognized that voice.
I didn't see much thanks to the darkness of the night, but I still saw the contours of the brindled stallion as he stepped forward.
"At least you made it home." I pointed my horn towards the unicorn, almost staring at him. So he hadn't left me.

He spoke about the doctor, just as the other two had. If he had the time? He had to heal me. I am royalty. But I didn't say anything about it, because they wouldn't take me very seriously if I suddenly said that I was a princess from a far-away land.
After all, it would sound stupid out loud.
With a sigh, I looked at them all and tried to pull of a friendly smile which just turned into a strange grimace. My kins; My family. And I surely hoped that the others in the herd were horned ones as well.

"I assume that it's time to tell you my name. I am Dakini, and may I ask for your names as well?"

OOC: Blergh ._.

template by revo. <3

Unregistered

S h u l e r         

Shuler hadn’t noticed that the child had approached him, but in the brief seconds between her infantile, high pitched voice hitting his ears and her attempt to reach out and touch him, Shuler’s synapses fired quickly enough for him to come to a realization of the young creature’s intentions. With as much poise as he could muster, Shuler attempted to make his shuffle backwards seem smooth and unnoticeable, but given the present company it was more than he could hope for. The dun stallion cleared his throat awkwardly as Crowley appeared as well, and he caught the eyes of his fellow Plague member with apparent relief. Though he hadn’t known the stallion long enough to be properly acquainted with him, he felt at ease knowing that someone of a like mind and intelligence was within the vicinity. He returned his attention to the conversing feminine fatales in front of them, also keeping a wary eye on the overly confident filly, barely catching the injured mare’s name as she spoke it in the midst of his distraction.

”I’m sure we can track our lovely doctor down with little trouble.” Shuler spoke in a gentle rumble, and much like Crowely he thought of the eccentric blood bay with a friendly fondness. He had the pleasure of meeting the Nightshade the day he ran into Kou, another old friend from a life time long gone. Possessive and blunt D’Artagnan was, but fiercely loyal to the Basin and Pysche, and well respected by his peers, a legend in his own right.

“It is good to see you as well, Crowely.” Shuler shifted his attention to his brother, bemused words sliding past ashen lips, “I was beginning to think I would be overrun by women.”

And he wasn’t lying. Again the golden phantom cast a wayward glance at the foal, and then to its mother with an apologetic look- the best thing he could muster. It wasn’t his fault that he didn’t like children, he just appeared to be inherently averse to their attention. But perhaps with Crowely here now, some of the child’s focus would be diverted, his Plague brother was far more interesting in appearance than the humble dun would ever be, and he had no remorse for wanting to divert the youthful little being’s unwanted attention elsewhere.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy
[[You can go head and skip me]]