the Rift

Time To Forget[Open]

Gaia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The stable but meek breeze gently blew through the pegasus's sleek mane. She cruised the skies cheerfully, her deep burnt umber coat illuminated by the golden rays of sunlight peeking through the swollen, puffed clouds. She narrowed her dim obscure pools beginning her decent towards the earth far below. Tucking her grayish white wings tightly against her flesh, she dove through the clouds with great acceleration and swiftness. The transparent clouds passed through her sending a shiver down her spine. As the trees began to near she rapidly opened her impressive wing span, regaining her balance and control. She searched for an opening amidst the vast forest to where she could rest her aching muscles. Gaia soared just above the tree-line ultimately spotting a small gap among the trees. Her sturdy hooves finally grazed the earth with a soft thud. It sent chills all throughout her body, relieving several muscles that had become tense during her long flight. A quiet relaxed snort erupted from her flared nostrils, her chest heaving in distress. She hadn't flown for that long, that fast in quite some time now. All she knew is that she was happy to finally escape from her old home land. Shaking her long thick locks, she cautiously scanned her surroundings. It was quite foolish of her to land in such a place she knew nothing about. Although the positive and welcoming scent to this unknown land brightened her spirits. Sweat cloaked her body creating an astounding shine. She folded her massive wings against her body to prevent knocking overhanging branches. Her deep blue eyes pondered her surroundings, all senses on high. She walked with short sluggish strides lowering her head close to the ground. She knew other equines inhabited this land, the aroma was very strong. Gaia intended to find an adequate water source to satisfy her thirst. A gentle almost seductive nicker sharply slid from her lips, loud enough for those nearby to hear. A smooth but level tone slid from her tongue sending an echo throughout the trees. "Hello?" She questioned, looking from left to right with a bleak expression.

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

Silence. The sound of heartbeats pounding a chest. Feet shuffling through a mixture of dead grass and newborn greenery, silent when treading the lush moss and ringing clearly as a bell as it smack against a rock, drumming over hollow logs in a steady rhythm. Distant still, but as moments passed it drew closer, ever closer. And then, a reply. Wordless, ageless, the deep voice of a stallion replied to the call, followed instantly by a cry that clearly didn't belong to any horse. Bright, clear as a silver trumpet it reverberated through the forest. It was the voice of something wild and untamed, a predators belligerent howl... How curious that it would respond in tune with a horse.

The riddle received an explanation in a matter of minutes. From the south and east they came, dancing through the forest like they had never done anything but traverse these parts, illuminated by the thin rays of gilded light that glittered and gleamed on its way down past spring green leaves. It highlighted the curious pair where they came; the stallion trotting at a steady pace, weaved from silver and gold and the palest ivory and accompanied by what could only be described as a dragon. Small, pale, as pure and white as the snow that still lingered in the deep shadow beneath some trees, they could have been stolen from some fairytale, set loose in the mortal world to accomplish some heroic task.

Only, when they noticed the presence of the winged lady and slowed down, they somehow seemed very alive, very mortal. The white-maned equine seemed slightly out of breath as if he had been running for some time, and the dragon appeared delighted when she landed atop his whithers - careful not to allow her talons close to fresh, apparently sore scars that run across the shoulders. He wore a curious expression as he walked towards her, ears pricked forward and with a kind smile tugging at the sooted lips. Before he got so close that his presence could startle her - if she wasn't startled already - the knight stopped, head dipping into a very polite half-bow.

"Hello there. Pardon me if I'm wrong, was it you that called just now? If not, I'm sorry to have disturbed you." The voice was the same as when he'd responded to her call. Even, deep, a melodious voice both gentle and warm. Politely he kept his distance, only allowing the golden gaze to intrude upon her as it roamed her chestnut frame for clues as to whom she might be.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Unregistered
The soothing warm rays of sunlight cast down from the wind shaken canopy onto the damp moistened earth as birds sang at the tips of the trees. The swaying new sprouted leaves high above created silhouetted shapes dancing along her spine. Her chestnut coat appeared well groomed now that the sweat had dried. A subtle nicker broke the silence in the forest as she abruptly held her head lofty in the direction of the response. The change in her expression was almost immediate, as a cheerful grin spread across her lips. She knew there were other equines in this forest, the solitary feeling now almost vanishing. She marveled his or hers appearance. She supposed it was a he, judging by the masculine call that was trumpeted proudly from his lungs. Twigs began to snap under weight as an interestingly colored stallion came into view. Sheer curiosity loomed inside of her deep obscure pools, as they danced across his body merely observing. He was thickly built and well muscled but somewhat short. She towered over him in elevation, but he had a look that was intimidating, eyes full of experience. His tufts of mane were blocking a hidden creature perched on what seemed to be his withers. She arched her neck higher to get a better view. Startled, she rapidly took a few steps backwards. It was a dragon, perched on his back like a pet! She had heard stories of horses keeping companions, but what for? She threw the notion away when the husky stallion spoke with a low tender tone. "Hello there. Pardon me if im wrong, was that you that called just now? If not, im sorry to have disturbed you." A small but sure smile creased across her velvet maw, as she nodded briefly. She spoke with an elegant and flowing note. "Indeed, honestly i was feeling quite lonely." A slight chuckle escaped her maw as she shook her long chestnut locks, falling back into place. The silver tips shone luminously in sunlight above. She admired his politeness as she returned a bow in greeting. "My name is Gaia." She trailed off, her pools pondering over the stallions facial structure. "And yours, gentleman?" Her expression was amusing, as a tint of allurement shone in her smile gently creased at the corners. She admired the stallions frame, but couldn't help but stare at the dragon perched on the top of the stallions spine.

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

The muscles of his face relaxed and warmed the smile upon her confirmation. Large hooves settled in more comfortably upon the moist ground; not quite as much as he might have if this had been the forest of his home, but quite enough to make him seem very much at ease. Her height didn't bother him particularly since most horses stood taller than him, and the wings sprouting from the shoulders were given no more than a passing glance. Telltale signs, if one knew what to look for; revealing confidence in himself and his ability to fight or flee should it be necessary, a mind at ease even in the presence of the unknown... and perhaps also the presence of other pegasi within this land, should she wish to meet one.

"A good thing that we were in the vicinity then," the silver-maned grulla smiled, noticing without comment her interest in the dragon. Fajira basked in the attention, intentionally attracting the gaze of the mare by spreading her membraned wings, needlessly preening already pristine scales. It wasn't the first time she received this kind of reaction, but the little fire-breather never seemed to get enough of it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Gaia. My name is Lace, and this is Fajira.

Have you been traveling for a long time? If you are in need of rest, you are welcome to find food, shelter and plenty of company with my herd. It's a small group, but friendly; I'm sure you would enjoy our homeland."

Perhaps he was being blunt, but the offer was well meant. The forest of the Threshold wasn't the safest place to linger in; too many strangers came past here, too many with purposes unknown. You never knew who wished you well and who was inclined to judge before listening to your side of the story. Some weren't willing to listen at all.

The Store | The Warden

Unregistered
The wind blew with an erie howl throughout the forest, the branches stretched and cracked as the wind stressed them. The thin trucks of the pines heaved back and forth in a steady rhythm. Being folded for quite some time now, she hoisted her massive wings upwards in a brief strain, stretching out the bones and muscles that had been cooped up in a tight unnatural ball. A relaxed snort shuddered her shoulders loosening any tension she might have gathered while meeting this handsome, husky stallion. The breeze began to toughen as it blew her long tail against her legs and her mane flowing wildly thrusting it entirely to one side. This didn't seem to annoy her, as she had gotten used to this when she had resided in colder climates previously. Another small seductive smile crept across her velvet maw as she folded her wings against her body once more, the tips barley dragging the earth. She was oddly intrigued by this interesting stallion for some unknown reason. Her pools explored the ivory dragon obediently perched atop of his withers. She seemed fascinated with this creatures behavior. She pictured dragons to be fierce bloodthirsty beasts. Although this one was a bit small, still her mind questioned the fact. Then, he spoke with reason and poise to his tone in voicing. "Pleasure to meet you, Gaia. My name is Lace, and this Fajira." She returned a soft spoken, polite greeting. "It is also a pleasure Lace." Nodding her head briefly, offering him a pleasant smirk. "Have you been traveling for a long time? If you are in need of rest, you are welcome to find food, shelter and plenty of company with my herd. Its a small group,but friendly; Im sure you would enjoy our homeland." These words surprised Gaia like a kick to the chest. She jolted her head backwards ever so slightly in sheer bewilderment. He barley even knew her and yet he was asking her to join his herd? Unintelligent but kind. Should she reject for her own sake? Or trust him? Previous experiences had scarred her for life in approaching strangers. Large grooved scars cut deep into the flesh covered mainly her chest and legs. Not all was entirely her fault, but the vast majority. She opened her maw to speak hesitantly, hastily taking a step backwards. "It is very kind of you to offer, Lace..But must I add..How can you confide in someone you just met?" She questioned with a puzzled expression, a indecisive smirk crossing her muzzle.

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

Her reaction to the offer came so immediate and bloomed so visibly upon her features that Lace couldn't help but laugh. Pale draconic eyes watched him with mild curiosity for a moment, then the White spread her wings wide and slipped off from the gold-dusted back. When he laughed like that, how could she keep cleaning herself in peace and quiet? It wasn't even very funny, the reaction of the winged mare; did he not realize that she thought him a fool for being so kind? Yet he didn't care, instead only returning her incredulous expression with one that was cheerful, tinted with just a little bit of smugness once he managed to contain the laughter.

"Sorry... but even though we are few in number, I very much doubt that one mare, however beautiful or strong, could pose much of a threat to us. I'm not saying you have to stay; just linger for a few days, rest your wings and recuperate. Whether you wish to remain among us and whether we want you to stick around, that's something that can only be decided with time, don't you think?"

The smile on his lips turned lopsided, the tone of the voice light and playful to take the edge of words that otherwise might be taken as condescending. That was not his purpose, not in the slightest; she was very right to distrust, in the same way as he distrusted anyone who hadn't earned his faith. He just didn't want her to think that he was risking anything by speaking to her. The things he had to loose were stronger than that, those precious things not so easily lost that a stranger could sweep them away with a beat of pale wings.

"Besides, whether we've just met or not, I don't think that you are a bad person. I've lived for a long time and seen much in this world, and while I don't know you at all, the fact that you haven't bit my nose off yet is a good indicator for the future. Whether I'll end up being right or wrong..."

He shrugged and allowed the words to trail off, suggesting that there was no way to know right now anyway, and that the future would tell if he'd end up regretting his offer. For now, the only thing he knew was that she was a foreigner, tired and lonely - she said so herself after all - and most likely ignorant of the land and the peculiarities that dwell within it. Surely she didn't know about the bloodthirsty racists that lingered up north, or the scorching deserts of the south; nor could she have any knowledge about the smoking Heart and the endless depths in guarded, or anything that dealt with the blue-veined region that played host to the shrines of the gods.

There were plenty of dangers residing beyond this windblown forest, and it would be wise to pause and listen to those who had lived here longer than she before continuing. At least, that was what he felt.

"In any case, the offer still stands. It's for you to accept or decline as you wish; I won't force you to go anywhere. There are other herds besides mine, and I know of a few outcast bands as well that might be willing to accept you; whatever you're searching for here in Helovia, whether its a home, adventure or a life close to the Gods, I can probably point you in the right direction at least."

The Store | The Warden

Unregistered
Thick mud cloaked the damp soil below her sturdy versitile hooves, spanish moss loosley swung from the massive oaks looming over the layered canopy. She explored his mannerisms warily, a confused expression sweeping across her face. Why was he amused by her worry of trusting a stranger? It seemed perfectly logical to gaia, but obviously not to Lace. He looked as if he was on the brink of bursting in uncontrolable laughter. She felt qiute abashed by her actions, raising a cautious eyebrow to the stallion. However, his noble and wise words began to make sense. Still she questioned his amusment. She arched her thin but built neck forwards, a coy playful expression forming inside her ultramarine pools. This herd he spoke of almost seemed appealing to her. Afterall she had just escaped her prevoius homeland which was gladly left behind. I appreciate your amiable words, Lace." She took a confident step forwards, analyzing his body language with her enticing pools. She took his offer into deep thought. Why would she need a herd? She was perfectly fine on her own! Hell, she has survived this long on her own, who does he think he is doubting her survival skills? Although having food, shelter, water, and the company of other eqiunes was deffinatly a tempting offer. She was straightforwards, sticking to the point to matter how uncomfortable it may seem, she wanted to strive for a new adventure. "Would you do the honors of rendering me a giuded tour?" comfortably shifing her weight throughout each one. A faint but assuring chuckle managed to escape from her maw as she flashed him a gentle glance.

[Im SO sorry about this, its terrible! D: I mean, horrid. 0_0 My creativity is on a dangerous low at the moment.]