the Rift

[GREY ONLY] Flowers turn to Dandelions

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Phae could feel Stella's nervousness as they walked through the forest - Stella flying, and Phae walking swiftly beneath her. The little bird still did not understand why Phae would chose to place herself in a forest that she couldn't fly through - although the bond between the two was still fresh, Stella already understood the sooty's mare's love of the sky, and how many times her speed and strength in that area had saved her life. "They are our family." Phae explained, choosing to speak verbally to the little chick, rather than projecting her message. Stella was still incapable of speaking verbally, but how was she to learn if she was never spoken to? Still, sometimes it was simply easier....Phae projected the image of Tio, the stallion she had met in the Threshold earlier. Stella returned Phae's message with an image of his sickly green eyes, and a shudder. Phae nodded. "The Grey needs to know." She said soothingly, smiling up at the small bird. Stella's bright orangey-yellow face did not relax at this, yet she trusted Phae enough to follow her, even if she had no idea who they were going to see.

Halting deep into the forest, Phae neighed loudly, but only once, letting the sound echo through the trees. They will come, she thought confidently. They always seemed to know when they were needed, as if their bond of allegiance somehow tethered them together. Maybe it did - Phae had never been a part of any group before, and was ignorant in this regard. All she knew, was that when Phi had sent her into the forest to meet Ktu, the mare was there. When she brought Apollo home from the Threshold, Ktu again, was there. And when Leander showed up seeking an audience with The Grey, almost all of them were there. She had never called for their council before, but something told her that they needed to be aware of Tio and his plans to take over. They also should be aware of the offer he made her, and how she ought to handle this situation.

She hoped that Ophelia would come to this meeting; Phae felt lost without Phi's council. She hadn't been given any real clear instruction about her obligations when it came to her position in the Intelligence Division, although she was trying to take her rank as seriously as she could. She had stolen an amulet, told Leander of The Grey, practised moving silently, and had won her first spar against Aisha. She now had a new companion, although she was unsure whether that would matter to The Grey or not. Still, a bird ought to be a useful tool for a spy? That bird, chittered nervously as she landed on Phae's back. Although she was growing larger, the black and white chick was still small enough to burrow herself into Phaedra's mane. Grabbing pieces of sandy hair, Stella twisted them around her into a cocoon, and trilled uneasily as they waited.

Join the waves in the ocean?
Or let my soul fade away in the dark?
Because i've gone astray,
& all my flowers turned to dandelions.

HP: 45.5

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

Osiris was rarely the first to arrive to anything.

He was not entirely sure why he had arrived first now. Perhaps it was simply because he had been closer in proximity to where Phaedra was standing, but he had a suspicion it was more likely due to the fact that Comadre had darted into action. He flew fast, too fast for even Osiris to catch up, leaving behind a wafting trail of draconic laughter as a wake for the wolf to follow. The flashes of images, trees and branches darting out of the way of Comadre's vision, was more distracting than it was helpful, and Osiris simply chose to follow the chirping and cooing of the little black's delight instead of trying to wrestle sanity out of the barrage of mental information the dragon was receiving. After all, the wolf was having a hard enough time weaving out the way of trees at a full out gallop without trying to focus on Comadre's path as well.

By the time they broke into the small clearing where the lady stood, the wolf must have appeared a mad mountain stallion, for his hair was frazzled and waving, thick furry coat a mess with the sudden flurry of movement. Comadre rolls about in the sky, laughing hysterically as well as a dragon can muster, occasionally spitting out a little cough of smoke and fire. Osiris, however, immediately takes to straightening his appearances as the feral eyes of a dog fall upon Phaedra's winged form. He skids to a halt, going from a full sprint down to nothing in a few brief seconds, collecting his breath as his sides heave and standing upright. He was an imposing figure, large, muscular, and terrifying to many with his lupine features.

However, he offers Phaedra a slight smile, if such a grim looking face can hold an expression. "Osiris," he says, his voice throaty between breaths, trying to soothe the racing of his heart and give his lungs the oxygen they demand. "And that is Comadre." A toss of his head upward toward the little black that circles in the air, finally calmed of his uproarous laughter. She is one of the Grey, the little dragons says confidently. "You called?"

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Courage, Loyalty, Honor</style>
  there's a brotherhood between us. if you're not ready to give up   everything you've already lost.</style>

Eytan crashed onto the scene long before Ktulu stepped from the forest. The small bear had been running and chasing every small mammal he could in his first attempts at hunting. Thus far he had been unsuccessful and would more than likely have to rely on Ktulu to kill his meal for him once more. Nevertheless, the cub tried and tried and tried and repeatedly missed his chances. He had been diving after a squirrel, which was quite un-bearlike when one thought about it, and only ended up crashing through the bushes. He rolled into the gathering, looking nothing more than a bundle of fur as he stopped inches from Osiris' paws. Grunts, huffs, and growls came from the cub as he lumbered to his feet and looked around, finding Osiris to be most curious. He rumbled a greeting to Commadre then turned to Phaedra and ambled over to her where he sat and waited.

Minutes later Ktulu stepped into the gathering, her eyes first going to her companion. She did a quick once over then looked at Osiris and greeted him with a nod of her head before turning to Phaedra. "Why are you gathering us?" A simple question that quickly got to the heart of the matter. If there was something she should be concerned about then she wanted to know right away. The Grey were becoming a family of sorts to her and if she needed to protect them she wanted to know.

CREDITS

Icon by Tay

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Like walking into a dream, so unlike what you've seen

The Dauntless moved along just seconds behind Ktulu, but from the other direction. Loretta trotted behind him, tail curling regally over her rump and from her jaws hung a plump grey squirrel. As the pair entered the meeting of horses the bitch moved fluidly to Eytan and dropped the squirrel at his young paws. Her amber eyes met his and her jaws open to reveal a salmon colored tongue that lolled happily from her jaws as she lightly panted. Blinking, she rolled her tongue back and closed her jaws, paws switching to return to Archibald’s side. The Dauntless strode with pride, though his back right dipped some in a limp. The burns upon the dark hide were better than they had been days before—mostly thanks to Tor and to nothing else. The grey and white mare had helped him greatly, and he would not forget that. Archibald would repay his debt to her when it was asked of him.

Archibald finally stopped, eyes flicking to Ktulu and Osiris before he turned his full attention to the Pegasus mare. Was she Ophelia’s second in command? Archibald would need to know everyone in this group, his new “family”, the Grey. The wolf-hybrid he had met when the Dauntless aided him and Ophelia. He wondered softly where Ophelia was, left ear twitching gently. Loretta looked up at him, her throat threatening a whine of question, but she stayed silent, tail wagging slowly. Archibald kept his eyes forward, however, curiosity fueling his attention. ”I am Archibald the Dauntless,” he spoke before Ktulu’s words rang through the trees, and he fell silent once more. Ktulu’s words had been so plain, almost emotionless, and far from challenging. The black knight was curious once more.

[Image: architable.jpg]
FiagaiStock.deviantart.com | arctichorse.deviantart.com | by: Imi

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

As Osiris arrives, Phaedra cannot help but to feel small and unprepared. Although she was no longer fearful of being attacked in the wood, in their woods, the sight of the wolf charging towards her nevertheless caused her to bristle slightly. He is part of The Grey? Phae wondered, as he skids to a halt, offering a canine smile. Tilting her head, she listens to him speak his name, confirming that he indeed must be. How many more are we? She wonders apprehensively. What else don't I know?

Phae was too lost in her own musings to glance towards the skies at the black dragon, but Stella certainly was not. Having already picked up on her bonded's sultry nature, the little bird hopped curiously into the sky. Spreading her black wings, a look of intrigue spread across her brilliantly coloured orangey-yellow face. Although they were different species, Stella hadn't the opportunity to interact with anyone other than equines, and was delighted to find another companion who could fly. Trilling with youthful vigour, Stella rose to Comadre's height in the sky, chittering playfully as she was not capable of speech yet.

You called? As Phae opened her mouth to answer, Eytan literally rolled onto the scene. The sooty mare remembered her panic the first time she had met Ktu in this forest, and the overwhelming urge to flee when she had first seen Eytan. Now however, she regarded the cub with a formal curiosity, knowing that Ktu couldn't be far behind. As the dark mare entered the scene, Phae couldn't help but feel that familiar sense of disapproval from Ktu. Perhaps it was only in her mind, but she always got the sense that the dark mare didn't like her very much. To her dismay yet another face she did not recognize appeared behind Ktu. She regarded the draft for a moment with uncertainty, but correctly assumed that if he was with Ktulu, then certainly she should have no qualms about it. Summoning her courage, Phae lifted her muzzle slightly, before nodding quickly to their leader.

"Osiris, Archibald, I am Phaedra...and that," She said, nosing towards the sky, her voice formal and without it's flirtatious ring, "Is Stella." Directly her cool green gaze to Ktulu now, she continued: "I found someone in the threshold, a stallion. He plans to begin a band of his own, and overthrow one of the herds. Given our neutrality in matters such as these, I thought it would be beneficial to ensure that you knew. His name is Tio, and from what I've gathered so far, he might be capable of doing what he intends. He has a clear strategy in mind." Pausing, Phae wondered how much to tell Ktulu. Her loyalties remained with The Grey, and always would; she simply hoped that by divulging this information, that wouldn't be doubted. "He offered to make me his lead mare....when the time came. Of course I told him that to offer such a position so early on was foolish, but I didn't necessarily decline. Not that I have any interest, of course" She clarified quickly, "But as a spy, I didn't want to alienate him, thus ending the stream of intel I might gather. I offered to show him Helovia, tell him a few things, and accompany him to the Vein of the God's..." She trailed off, having said all she had to say.

"I know I fall under Ophelia's stream within The Grey but..." Not wanting to call attention to the fact that Ophelia had been very absent as of late, not to her sister anyways, she shrugged absently. "I need to know what to do. How to proceed."

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
(feel free to skip around Osiris if need be. I'll post when I can. ^^)

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Lakota

Wherever her sociopathic family went, their shadow followed. Everyone was covered by the protection of her metaphorical wings, and would remain under their safe shadows until the day she died or she was forced from their ranks forever. Long limbs danced forward, silent as a panther on the prowl. Wind tousled ebony locks, bringing it over dark shoulders. Stalking the edges of their home, a nightmare awaiting those who tried to enter without reason. It may not be official, but to her the woods were as precious to her as a herd land. Crown rose quickly as a sharp, short neigh broke the silence of the forest like a bullet piercing the air. Violet irises narrowed to tiny slits of amethyst as she placed the tone. Phaedra. But the temptress palomino was a spy, was she not? So that meant it had to be important if she was calling the Grey to a full meeting. With a quick turn of her heels Lakota lengthened her stride into a ground eating lope, gliding around trees without breaking her stride. Mind full of ideas, wondering what Phaedra could possibly be calling them for. If it ended up being unimportant, Lakota would be enraged. She had borders to patrol, members to recruit, information to gather, assignments to finish. It seemed she kept hissing in her mind that she was not a babysitter! Age wise she was older than most of them, though she hardly felt old. They were simply so young. In time, they would have the same air she held about her. Ktulu and Ophelia were the exception, for they had somehow achieved the same aura in so few years.

Face was carefully constructed into polite frigidity as gait slowed to a trot, approaching the small gaggle of members. Ktulu, the wolf stallion she hardly knew, and a stallion she did not know at all. Appearing without a word into their midst, eyes darting distrustfully at the massive draft brute. He spoke his name and title, and Lakota's eyes flashed briefly. Archibald. He had been lead of the Foothills, had he not? They were right below the hills, and she had not heard of the change in leadership. What kept the wariness on her gaze was the fact that he had not spoken of his acceptance. Tall frame was drawn high a few feet from her Queen, and two paces before Phaedra. Ready to defend them, should she need to. Lakota did not know this male, and he was therefore to be watched carefully until Ktulu somehow told her either through body language or verbally that he was no enemy. Words could be changed, and she would only trust the judgement of her leader. Until that happened, hawk eyes watched him carefully from the corner of her vision. Phaedra spoke only once they had gathered, in response to Ktulu's sharp words. Lakota was briefly struck by the pride she always felt, being a part of the Grey. They were small, but they were strong. Eyes drawn heavenwards to the bird Phaedra mentioned, briefly curious in a cold fashion. So the mare had gotten a companion? It would be good for scouting, she found herself thinking. Gaze drifting back down to land on the pegasus, awaiting answers herself.

Stiffly she waited through her explanations. It seemed that she had not been called needlessly. This bastard, Tio...power hungry children were not on her list of favorites. Especially when they threatened her lifestyle. Face tightened with concealed rage when Phaedra quickly revealed that she had been offered position in his imaginary band. She may not approve of flirtatious mares, but Phaedra was excellent at her job, and she was a vital part of the Grey. Lakota would fight tooth and nail to keep her, though she was calmed by the fact that Phaedra had played her words well. Tail flicked slowly, only showing her irritation by the small flick at the end of her hocks. Bastard, trying to lure their members in. And when she finished, Lakota narrowed her eyes slightly and spoke. "This strategy you speak of. Is it through logic and surprise he hopes to gain power, or is he capable of fighting? Has he gained any members that you know of?" Words slipping out like black silk, eyes locked on Phaedra's. Not in a menacing manner, of course. Now, she was taking her position as a mercenary. She needed to know the basics; how many, their abilities, their plans, their home base.

slime-stock @ dA  |  xxmynightmarexx @ dA  |  table- tay<3

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Courage, Loyalty, Honor</style>
  there's a brotherhood between us. if you're not ready to give up   everything you've already lost.</style>

Indifference was ever present on Ktulu's face, even when being told that there was a stallion about whose goal was to take over. Naturally there was slight dismay that Phaedra had not turned down the stallion's offer point blank, but she understood her reasoning. It was only because of Tor's abandonment of the group that Ktulu even felt the dismay that she did. Silence reigned supreme as Ktulu continued to listen, even when Lakota began asking questions of Phaedra.

"Your decision not to alienate him was correct." Ktulu finally spoke. "Alienating him would not benefit us in the future." Not like allowing Phaedra to infiltrate then destroying whatever group he managed to gather from within would. Her tail twitched as she thought. "What is his strategy?" She echoed Lakota's question. Would he be relying on brute strength or cunning to get where he wanted and accomplish what he wanted to accomplish?

Already, her mind was at work planning how they would go about ending this Tio's desire to rule. Phaedra joining him would be the first step, but would her loyalty remain with the Grey? Or would Tio offer her something that she couldn't refuse? The lack of faith was alarming and would not contribute to any future with the group.

"Do what you must." She instructed the spy. "Stay in his good graces, find out what his plans are. When you do send Stella to Eytan, we can use them to set a rendezvous point to share information. I will meet with you whenever you feel is necessary." Silence, again, enveloped her and resulted and Ktulu standing in silence for several moments. "Good work." She finally said. Others would certainly do well to take the initiative that Phaedra had. She just hoped the winged mare didn't disappoint.

CREDITS

Icon by Tay

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

Uncertainly, Phae's gaze rested on Lakota as she spoke. She knew very little of the poisoner, other than she fell under Ktulu's jurisdiction in The Grey. Had Ophelia been present, in a similar circumstance, Phae wouldn't have spoken out of turn, as the blue roan had. But perhaps Ktu ran her side a little differently - that being said, she really hadn't been around the paler twin enough to necessarily know how she ought to behave. That in itself was frustrating, but for now, the golden mare stowed those thoughts away, listening intently to the members of her family who had showed up.

Relief washed over Phae as Ktulu hinted at a compliment, reassuring her that her actions so far had been correct. Looking back to Lakota, she answered both the blue and dark mare's questions at the same time. "In the lands he came from, he possessed power over gravity…He wanted to regain those abilities. With the power to move the earth and other objects at will, he believed he would be able to convince others to join him in taking over a land. He also spoke of questing for the ability to fly…or to have a rat as a companion." Shrugging, Phae shook her head. "I took him as far as the Veins, but as you know, they stand in ruin. Assuming the God's had abandoned their shrines, I left him to himself for a time, feigning that I had to return here, to check in with you. I know he mentioned that he would begin actively recruiting, as well as questing for magic."

With a heavy breath, Phae solemnly looked at Ktulu. "My commitment to the Grey will never waiver, Ktulu. I will stay close to him, as you say. When I have more information, I will indeed send Stella...." Hearing her name, the bird clucked apprehensively, eyeing Eytan. Phae sent a mental not now, her way. They would discuss that matter later. Good Work Ktulu said at last, and the break of silence nearly caused Phae to shudder. She had worked so hard to try and garner some amount of approval from the dark mare, and was finally on the verge of accomplishing that. She would stay with Tio, let him believe whatever he needed to, in order for Phae to stay in his graces. "I did suggest that he meet with you Ktulu...if he were to join the Grey, we could keep tabs on him? Of course, that would be for you to decide."

Nodding to the assembled group, Phae smiled as her gaze washed over each of them. "Thank you all for coming…I shall keep you updated as soon as more information is available." Not wanting to accidentally say or do anything which may disrupt the minor approval she received from Ktulu, Phae lithely turned on her heels, trotting out of the woods, to find Tio once again.