the Rift

Round and round [open]

Aisha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
As I canter along the dunes I notice the world around me getting altogether more dry. The small remains of grasp was short and crispy,not fresh that fresh tasting and I doubt much move sweetness will be able to grow inside the blades in this head. It also doesn't help having a black coat. It seems to drink in all the heat as if it was water or mushroom juice or something like that though I am not sure if it is just black coats or if all colored coats do them the same. The heat will not stop my spirits though as I canter down a larger sand dune,sand tumbling down in the softest of breezes,towards the glimmering lake ahead. I might even take a bathe if I feel like it. Or maybe just paddle.

As I halt by the lake I notice a cactus not far away. It stares at me,showing no sign of feelings but always,always looking at me. As I lower my head into the water I watch it with a weary eye. I know it can't move but it is rather annoying to have to great bulky,spiky green thing seemingly watching you. The way it holds no emotion. Strange.

Well it is a strange world.

To take my mind of the emotionless cactus I gingerly place my ebony leg in the water. It seems I had picked a good spot as the land beneath the water gradually slops and isn't practically vertical down. More confidence washes over me and soon all fours are in the water and I am snorting in joy,kicking up the water at my under belly which cools it almost instantly. Now,pricking my head I look round,my ears pricked,wondering if anyone else would show.

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50f4feb8c0907]

N o t e

Thoughts. Thoughts could be a magical place of absolute serenity, but on the other hand, they housed the power to to be incredibly annoying, such as now. The the introspections pounding against Note's skull trigged unbearable pain.

The dusty bay stallion trudged sluggishly through the desert, sweat trickling down his toned muscles. He wasn't a fan of the heat. Why he lived in a desert? Even Note didn't know the answer. Most of his friends and his lover, lived in the Throat. He wasn't going to leave them just because he didn't like the weather.

Note found sanctuary from the blazing heat of the sun by a small pond. He laid in the shallows, resting his head on the shores as the small waves he had created lapped up against his dull bay coat. He dozed off, enjoying the moment of rest he had found. He wasn't sure how long he laid there, but it was quite a while. The sand had blown right on top of the stallion, coating his nape in the red sand. He blended in almost perfectly.

A distant splashing awoke Note, picking his head up to see a mare on the other side of the pond splashing away like she had no other care in the world. Sadness washed over Note, realizing he would never feel like that again, not after Sohalia had their foal. He dismissed the thought, and stood up.

He walked through the pond, getting closer and closer to the new mare, the familiar scent of the desert oasis lingering on her coat. She was definitely a Throat mare. Note liked making new friends, especially ones within his herd. "Hello," Note spoke gently, studying the mare with intently with his sharp green eyes.