the Rift

This is just the start [Osiris]

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Paw prints lay in the tracks that lay behind me. They are the only thing to tell others of my wolf presence,that and my scent. Maybe it will warn others of or intrigue them to come closer. I don't really care much as long as they can help me with my quest. To fight three that are related to you and what you seek in different ways. The words of the god swim around in my head. Once my three fights were over and done with I shell return to her full with pride and honor. I shell hold my head high and I shell tell her of my victory's and she shell give me what I desire. Then, perhaps,I can take on more with the help of my malevolent friends. Maybe one's like the fool Aryel or even there beloved leader Kri. I laugh slightly. Now that would be a story worth telling. Hey did you hear about that wolf Lupus? He killed the Throat leader you know! Now that is what I call living to the full. Being known by all for the killing of a leader.

Pausing I look back at the trail of paws behind me that lay on the frosted ground. I then return my head forward,a amused grin on my face,my lips curling up to show my blooded jaw and teeth,fresh from a rabbit. I remember it's helpless screams and blood mattered steel colored coat. Its ear was hanging half of and its leg crushed by the power of my unforgiving jaw. It had been unable to move. Just how I like it. Soaked in pain,still alive,my toothy grin glaring over it,spreading fear though its weak little body. I wonder if anyone else will dare turn up to face the wrath of my teeth and claws today. Well it was what I wanted,one somehow related to me or the magic I desire. "Is there any with the magic of a wolf or undead out there willing to fight a...lone wolf?" My toothy grin does not cease.

[ Set in the Frostbreath Steppe at around 12am. There is a slight breeze. 3 posts each,starter gets one defense. No magic/companions ]

[WC:361]

[Summary:Is just standing in the snow,calls out.]

"blah blah blah."

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

osiris</style>                                                      even holding on tight won't save us this time.</style>
image by Massimo Valiani @ flickr.com</style>

Osiris had met evil, and it was not in the form of malice or violence. Cruelty did not determine how malevolent a spirit would be, nor did bloodshed count as marks in the way of a sinister being. The true seat of the baleful resided in that which they lacked. Standing with a dripping maw, blood from a life squelched, Lupus was no more evil than the creature which soars at his side happily, at least to the great wolf who usually kept to the shadows. The malignant beings he had met, had worked under, did not have violence or disdain in their eyes such as this wolf. They had nothing. A black, abysmal emptiness devoid of the basic emotions that tied mortals to one another. The only emotions Osiris can ever recall from the eyes of Oblivion had been curiosity and greed.

Perhaps even more heinous a creature had been the shadow of Oblivion, slicing the rocks of the Emerald Ruins as though they were clay and he a sculptor. Instead of the curiosity that the wolf remembered, the body of dark blades and glowing crimson held nothing. All of their ties with the living had been cut, and what was left was nothing but murderous machines redefining what Osiris had called evil.

Walking in the night's clean snow, the larger hybrid gives the wolf standing alone, crimson painting his face with an ugly light, a sidelong glance. In comparison to the face of his memories, this wolf seemed to only need an attitude readjustment. He holds back a sigh, intending to keep his path straight to just avoid the creature entirely, stopping only when the wolf speaks. His words spill out in a strange fashion, almost as though he were boasting his loneliness. Osiris knew all to well the crippling effects of being lonely, and while he did not have the interest in calling his bluff, suddenly the hybrid had an urge to wipe the misplaced grin from the other's face. There was no pain and sorrow for this one in being alone, and that was unfortunate. Turning to face the wolf in the snow, the hybrid lets out one word in warning, a whisper on the cold air. "Aye." Bounding up on large, agile legs, Osiris leaps several times through the snow in a graceful, arcing gait. His body is propelled directly at the smaller wolf's left side, using his excess weight and size as an advantage. Snapping down at the wolf's head with canine teeth, Osiris aims for an ear, which ever one happened to be closest at the time.

Comadre sails above, watching his bonded curiously.

[ WC: 463; 1/3 ]
""

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

I haven't meet anything other then Equines,Unicorns,Pegasus's and wolfs before. Oh,and prey,if that counts. And I suppose being held and patted by a Kraken also counts? My eyes narrow further as I think of how the Kraken had treated me as a friend and patted me like nothing had happened. Bastard had made me get my coat soaked in freezing temperatures,and for what? To save a petty Pegasus mare? What the hell was I thinking? Then,with a blood thirsty grin,I think back to the six wolfs that had lay on the shore. Each which had lost the life on that ever so depressing day. Well,it wasn't depressing for us all,was it?

And it is now I can add another creature onto my list only,I didn't know what to label it. It was the size of a horse,a large horse but yet had the appearance of a wolf,and not a type of wolf I have seen before. It reminds of Ayaka a little,not a wolf with a coat of one color like mine,but with a mixture only her's was a mixture of red and brown,not grey's and browns. I let out a slight growl,my coat rippling as each individual hair stands on end. Aye. The voice of the mysterious speaker drips out his jaw and a snarl drips out my my jaw as the creature bounds up. His movements and strides are somewhat different to a Equines but yet,so like a equine. What the hell is this creature?

I flick my attention back to the approaching animal. I will decide what the hell it is later. My jaws are ready to grabs it's flesh as well as my claws which out ready to cut deep gashes into the skin of it. My cold black eyes stare at the ground and the..paws? That the creature is covering,counting how many paces till I would be ready to make my move. Adrenalin seeps into my skin,down to my bones and into my heart as the brute steadily approaches. The jaw of it unlocks to show fang like teeth. Yes,this is the opponent I needed.

This is chapter one of my quest.

As his jaw widens his head is lowered I realise my ears are his aim,I neatly dodge to the side but also mange to twist as he is still leap past.Being small and agile is a good quality to have when fighting,being able to easily flick you body round in a swift movement,ready to leap or spring forward into a run in a instance. You may think having a small body is bad in a fight,but it is rather helpful. I leap,now by the left side of the beast,angling my body and extending my legs so that I could hopefully dig my claws into his flesh and grip onto the beast. My jaw also flashes white teeth as I take my change at biting just behind his shoulder as well.

"blah blah blah."

[WC:507]

[SUM:dodges his bite by jumping to the side. twists his body as Osiris runs past and leap aiming to grip onto his left side with his claws and he also trys to bite him with his teeth just behind his shoulder.]

Hidden Account

osiris</style>                                                      even holding on tight won't save us this time.</style>

The crunch of snow under the massive paws of Osiris, as well as the slow swirl of air between the thick fur of his coat, are the only sounds made moments before the hybrid crosses paths with the smaller wolf. To ordinary eyes, the poor Alaskan wolf had little chance of battling the larger grey, unless he managed to be levels more adept at movement. For all of the bulk that the draft cross held, the limber half of his lineage kept him from being a slow giant like many of his genetic cousins. On the inside, Osiris is calm and placcid, his face surely reflecting that dull sort of interest even as his jaw opens wide in a violent sneer to reveal rows of teeth that search hungrily from the flesh of another. This wolf was little more than a child, and the hybrid would make sure he came to this realization sooner rather than later, when a much more malevolent opponent awaited him.

Golden eyes do not see surprised as serrated teeth meet with nothing but the chill air of the night. His body is small and swift, but the nimble giant has the advantage of longer limbs with quick reflexes as well. Meeting no resistance, Osiris's long gait continues forward, before Lupus has a chance to leap at him. With the down shift of his front end, the large wolf drags his paws upward, flinging ice and snow shards but also long legs toward the right in a cow-kick, aiming for a face or perhaps gut of the stupid animal as he leaps toward the side of Osiris. The claws of the Alaskan wolf, hardly sharp enough to tear skin with such light pressure of his minuscule weight, will find no purchase on the thick fur of Osiris, and the teeth which aim to bite his flesh only seem to pinch on the side of his ass, near the hip joint, due to the movement of his cow-kick.

The still-shedding winter coat of the massive beast provides a strange protection. The wolf of white would likely leave with teeth full of old, dirty and musky hair, while the hybrid escapes with little more than a grunt of pain at the small pinch on his side. What a fool this tiny wolf is, Osiris thinks with a half chortle. Comadre trills above, happy to see his bonded so contented with himself, yet confused as to why the hybrid is risking injury and wasting time in the middle of the night.

When his back paws meet the snow, the grey tosses his weight to all four paws, taking advantage of the pause that the Alaskan mutt falling back down toward the snow would have after his shameful attack, and leaping toward the left in the snow, while careening his back left end farther than his right. Crouched onto four bent legs that resemble much more a wolf's than that of a horse, Osiris and his opponent stand at a strange, obtuse angle from where he imagined the other wolf would have landed, head pointed in the direction of the smaller white. With no hint of a warning, the grey leaps forward, propelling his weight from his back legs, aiming toward the Alaskan white, wherever he now stood. Osiris would bulldoze the little brat into reality.

[ WC: 573; 2/3 ]
""

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

My leap at his side had failed,badly,despite still nipping his butt slightly. I had totally underestimated the large dog and now I come to think of it,it was rather stupid trying to leap onto his side. He was charging towards me on a straight and I had some how expected to be able to twist and leap fast enough to grip onto to his side with tooth and claw. Ok,so I had nipped him a little,well more pinched him,and my claws had barley tickled him,never mind cut his skin. It is then I feel hoofs slam against my gut. Anger fills me, along with pain as I am throw back though the air by the force of his kick but it is short lived and soon enough I am on all four paws again,snarling though pain,spitting out a small clump of fur that I had pulled from his rump when I pinched his skin. It was dirty and didn't have the nicest of tastes.

Onyx orbs glare at the beast,snarls still pouring out my maw. The back paws of the beast hit the ground and a sharp trill sings from above. Shape eyes look towards the sound to see a black dragon with bold purple orbs. It is of no interest to me though,my only focus is here and now and him,the brute in front,which leaps forward. Snarling I usually would have ran towards but my gut was quiet bruised from the impact of his hoofs so Instead I jog,a quick jog though, building up speed to meet him at which point I spring up. My back legs propel me up in the the air,unable to stop the pain surging though my gut. My legs are outstretched and my jaw wide and ready to take impact on his back,hopefully anyway.

This trick,I think,was pretty neat. I had used it with Psyche except she had a horn I had to be careful of where as this stallion didn't and,although he was bigger,my back legs were packed full of muscle and I had easily cleared her horn to land firmly on the back of the DarkEmpress,much to her annoyance. She had threw her weight around to get me of,hadn't see? So,if this move was successful,would he do the same? Or would he try something stupid? Ok Lupus, concentrate. My eyes are firmly set on causing this stallion pain and I didn't need stupid past experiences to distract me.

[WC:430]

[Summary:Gets kicked in the gut by Osiris. Goes at a quick jog towards him as he charges foward and leaps,aiming to land on his back.]

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account

The back paws of the giant beast propel his much smaller opponent away from him with little effort, coming to rest easily on the snow once more as the hybrid skids to a halt. A grin of satisfaction comes with the slight chortle, and Osiris is quite amused with this new plaything he has found himself in the snow of the North. His wolves would likely chide him for teasing the poor thing, but the great wolf felt that it was more of a lesson than a game. Surely, the large hybrid would enjoy every moment of it, but ultimately, he would not be walking away with a bruised ego on this cool night in the snow ladden fields of Helovia.

The massive hybrid begins to churn the snow under his hooves as he springs into motion, racing his body forward in a strange loping gait, watching with glowing golden eyes in the moonlight as the small figure of white is outlined by the small shadow cast against the fragile snow. The crunch of his paws, the unfamiliar scent which swirls in the frigid air. Osiris watches as the smaller wolf surges forth, unafraid. One ear cocks back uncertainly even as his charge remains, and it is only when the wolf prepares for a leap that the hybrid understands his purpose. Instead of bowing to his fate of having a puny little brat riding him like some damned pony, the great wolf almost mimics the movements of the other. Pushing off powerfully with his back end, the grey wolf leaps into the air as well.

The white cur might be able to jump high enough to land on Osiris's back while he was standing, but let us see how it fares against the hybrid's own.

Launching himself into the air, with the speed built up from his charge, Osiris's midsection rises easily. Instead of landing with grip upon his back, the Alaskan wolf's body collides with his barrel, jaw grappling with the wide girth of his ribs, unable to find a grip for being stretched so wide. There is little pain to be mentioned, or damage - like an overgrown fly buzzing about his skin. Hopefully he would just bounce off and not cause the massive brute more troubles by trying to save his failed plan now. Massive front paws land in the snow, the hybrid loping forward to keep from tripping over his own weight as his back paws meet the tundra as well.

[ WC: 418; 3/3 ]
""

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Default win to Osiris.