the Rift

Insult [Ktulu]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia cloven hooves took her swiftly in her sister's wake, ears pinned against her skull and dual colored eyes narrow. Her heart beat fast in her chest, the reality of the insult and demeaning words spoken to her by someone who was supposed to love her was unacceptable. Maybe her sister did not love her? She did not remember. Even when she was talking back and forth with the Earth God, Phi was summarily ignored. Perhaps that was how their relationship had worked in the past, but if she was going to do her best to act the part, she would not be spoken down to by an equal.

Finally, the pale mare stopped, nick and jaw lifted high. She refused to follow anymore. The moon had risen in the sky again, and she felt the presence of another in her mind. A familiar, silver figure landed on a tree nearby, surprised just as she was that they could feel each other's emotions. In a mental prod that was more of a nudge, she could feel him asking if she was okay, and that made her even more confident. The bond between them renewed beautifully, returning a part of her soul that she had not even realized was empty.

With a dragon at her side, she regarded the mare who claimed to be her sister, and she narrowed her gaze again. "I do not remember who we were before, but I will tell you now that your words are unacceptable." Ophelia's words were spoken quietly, in a hissing hush. "Even though I want no part in a band of murderers, I did what I should. I made allies with those who could potentially pay us, and what did you do? Insulted them. You are not going to get any business or any purpose by being rude!" The final word was punched out angrily with a snort.

"Furthermore, we are equals in this, from what Djinn has told me. I will not be spoken down to, my kindness and alliance-forming words voided because you have a poor attitude." The pale figure stood firm, body tight and tense. Crimson fringed tail flashed around her fetlocks, and she continued to hold her ears tightly against her skull. "If you offer no solution, I will leave. You have already shown that you have no need for me or my opinions." Ophelia meant every word.

CARRY YOUR CROSS
And I'll carry mine. Dig your own hole and you'll be fine.

roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
[Image: 50a7eed791df8]

KTULU THE CONSTRICTOR

from adversity, heroes are born

Ktulu's retreat was halted by her sister's biting words. Anger that she had never felt for her sister before flatred within her and bubbled in her chest as she turned to stand face to face with the shell of the mare that claimed to be Ophelia. She was not and would not be Ophelia as long as the God of the Sun held her memories captive. "You would remember who we were before had you not given up everything to the Sun God." Ktulu replied as evenly as she could. "But you felt it fitting to give up everything to him. Our childhood was not perfect, we both suffered at times, but we suffered together and you gave it all up to a god who thought it perfectly fine to attack those who did not worship him." Ktulu did not control her sister's actions, but tried to support everything she did instead, but she found it growing increasingly hard to support her decision to give up their past together. It was rare that they would ever remember their childhood but there had been times when they would reminisce. Now there was nothing. She was the only one that remembered. It was hard not to feel insulted and tossed aside.

"Forgive me, Ophelia." Ktulu snorted. "I was not aware that our duties included babysitting the lonely." Her ears tilted back against her head and she snorted. "What do you suggest we charge for babysitting, hm? And do you also suggest that we not defend ourselves against those who only speak poorly of us?" This was certainly not the sister she remembered. Would she ever have the old Phi back?

At the mention of Djinn, Ktulu snorted again. "That arrogant stallion." She growled. "I'm surprised he did not try to turn you completely against me. I'm sure he told you of our interaction after you sent him to me, did he not? But he was right in telling you that we are equals in this. We formed this band together to help defend those who could not defend themselves." She continued on. "We are not a band of murderers as you so aptly put it. I would never take a job to attack a weak herd that has done nothing to hurt anyone else." Did Phi really think that lowly of her? Did she really think her little more than a murderer who led a band of murderers.

"Tell me, Ophelia." She said, forcing her voice into calmness. "What are you going to do when one of your friends wants dirt on the other or want our warriors to attack to defend their herd? You're not going to protect both. You can't, which was why the Grey was to remain neutral and impartial on all fronts. Just because you call someone a friend and an ally does not mean that your other friends and allies will see them in the same light."

Ktulu was stunned into silence when Ophelia threatened to leave. The angry beast inside of her wanted to tell her to leave, she had been of little use since the Sun God had taken her memories, but the dark mare held her mouth tightly shut until she reeled that angry beast back in. "I don't know what to offer you in solution." She sighed and finally looked away from her sister. "But you're crazy if you think I don't need you." Eytan, who had been standing quietly beside Ktulu lifted his head and looked up at the dark mare.

"You don't remember, but I needed you everyday when we were foals. I needed you for the most basic of things. If it were not for you I would have died before I had the chance to become a yearling." Finally, Ktulu lifted her head to look at her sister once more. "So don't ever think that I don't need you or want you by my side." She sighed quietly. "I apologize that I made you feel that way, but you must understand that your decision to give your memories up has not only affected and been hard on you, but me as well. I feel like I've lost you."

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Nothing made sense. Pieces of the puzzle lay scattered about, some of them mixing with other puzzles entirely. Until every shape was organized, known and cataloged, she would never be whole, never be able to be made. The Sun God attacked those who would not worship him, but Ophelia knew herself well enough to understand that she would never abide by hopelessness. Right? Ears tilted to the side now, and she winced as if the holes in her memories caused her physical pain. Silently, she waited for her sibling to speak, feeling every accusing statement as a stab in her heart. Selfish. Spoiled. Cruel.

Was that who she had become? Wanting something made her selfish? How could it not when all she did was injured those around her? Did anyone have a choice? Sacrifice was the way of the gods, and this was apparently hers. Seemed that this sacrifice damaged more than just her personage, though. Was this what the Sun God intended? Did he mean to shatter all of her relationships in a single, swift action? The mare had averted her eyes at this point, every ounce of tension and anger draining from her body. Stress had taken its toll.

Once shimmering tresses hung dully from her neck, and her body hung from her frame rather loosely. Eating seemed a rather dull endeavor when her stomach would not stop churning, and she stared at the ground listlessly. Perhaps her soul would leak from her hooves into the earth below, since it already was a bloody, pulpy mess. Apathy became the only response she had left, having shed too many tears and uttered too many apologies than her heart could bear. Instead, she took her verbal beating; she listened once more to the consequences of her actions.

Childhood memories she never had served as another knife, and she could not make eye contact with her sister lest she crumble entirely. "I understand," she whispered, not trusting her voice to shatter if spoken louder. Tinek watched with sad, crimson eyes, having thought that the reunion would have been a happy time. Something was wrong with his bond-mate, and that was upsetting. The silver dragon swooped to the ground and sat heavily next to his bear-friend, resting his horned head in the brown fluff.

"Until I regain who I was, I am useless," she said rather harshly. "I am sorry," she murmured, hardened eyes looking up into her sister's crimson orbs. "Now, I go to right this wrong. What I asked for could not be worth your pain." The pale mare then began to move south, retracing her steps from where she had woken up. Memories of being happy and carefree were now a taunting delusional, a cruel irony.

CARRY YOUR CROSS

roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

KTULU THE CONSTRICTOR

Eytan rumbled a greeting to his silver dragon friend as he swooped down and sat next to him. As the dragon rested his head in his fur the bear shifted his body closer to his friend as he watched his bond mate with a mixture of uncertainty and sadness. Never before had any of their meetings gone so astray and been so upsetting to his dark mare. He felt a surge of anger and guilt from his bonded as she listened to the words spoken by her pale sister which caused the young bear to sigh. He tucked his head against Tinek and closed his eyes as he waited for their arguing to end.

"Phi." Ktulu said, her voice a mixture of frustration and remorse as her sister turned and began to walk away. "Will you just shut the hell up with calling yourself useless." The dark sister snapped. "You're useless if you allow yourself to be and you are not. I don't know why you did what you did but as long as we've been together you've always done something for a reason." Even if she didn't agree with it it was true. Even if she didn't want to support whatever the reason was that she thought it fitting to lose her memory it wasn't her choice.

Ktulu trotted swiftly after her sister and pulled in front of her, turning her body so she blocked Ophelia's path."I am sorry, Ophelia." Ktulu said as she looked at her sister. "You do not need to end your mission on my account. If you like I can tell you what you want to know." She offered, pausing before extending her muzzle toward her pale sister.

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Tinek dug his talons into the ground and stayed close to his bear-friend. He sighed and watched in confusion as his bond-mate's emotion turned to dangerously self-loathing, and he winced. Something was very wrong. Why were the sisters being so argumentative? Why was Ophelia so heart broken, and why did she not remember him? He wished there was a way to better communicate with her, but her language was confusing.

Ophelia bristled at her sister for trying to demand the opposite of what she deserved, and she paused, stiffening her figure and flashing her ears back for a few seconds. Ktulu had obviously let go of why she went to the Sun God, and Phi furrowed her brows, looking at her at disbelief. Where all others had condemn her decision, her sister accepted it, was willing to move on. Her features shifted into confusion and softened a little, and she stared intently into her sibling's crimson eyes. "Do you mean that?" she asked curiously. "Do you mean that I do things for a reason? That in some way, I could possibly be justified in my choices?"

When Ktulu moved in front of her path, Phi's cloven hooves came to a halt, and she sighed softly. She shook her head. "I am not going only because of you, Ktulu," she murmured honestly. "I met a stallion named Djinn, and you should have seen his face when I did not remember. Also, I had this strange dream, and someone in it knew me. Someone named Archibald claimed to know me as well when I woke up, and I am lost, Ktulu. I am lost in my own skin, and wherever I turn, I hurt someone." The emotion dripped from her words like bitter honey.

When Ktulu offered to tell her what she needed to know, Ophelia sighed a little and nodded. "Djinn told me about his meeting with me, and explained more about the Grey. Also, for some reason, I have some oddly placed memories after I met you with the Earth God. Everything is jumbled. I feel that I cannot, even with help, understand anything without regaining what I lost." Ophelia let out a heavy breath. "But I will listen, as we walk to the veins. If you want to take the journey with me, that is."

CARRY YOUR CROSS

roni

KTULU THE CONSTRICTOR

"I've never told you anything before that I didn't mean." Ktulu answered her sister. "In all our lives you've only ever done anything with a clear purpose in mind. You've never done anything for nothing, including whatever it is you've gotten yourself into with the Sun God." Sun demon she wanted to say. Hatred bubbled in the dark mare's heart for the deity that took her sister's memories away and left her as little more than a shell of what she had been.

Ears tilted back next as Ophelia explained who else had been hurt because of the decision she had made. It was simply something that her sister would have to deal with, she thought. "So you're going to let other control you?" She snorted then shook her head. "That's so like you, to worry about everyone else's feelings and forget your own." Perhaps that was another reason she had taken it so hard when Phi had decided to give up her memories. They had always done everything together and now that they were grown and out on there own they only had each other to remember the time, however brief it was, that their lives were good.

"I will walk with you and tell you what you want to know, but I will not go to the shrines." She didn't want to see the Sun God out of the knowledge that she would say or do something she would come to regret. Instead she would wait for Ophelia to come back down.

"I'll start with our childhood." She said as she turned to begin walking with her sister. "We are not from here originally. We were born in the Moonlit Tides in Isilme where our parents led the herd. Their names are Paladin the Valiant and Soleil the Virtuous." Ktulu cast a sidelong glance at her twin before continuing on. "We're not just sisters, but twins. I was born first and you came second. You were just as dark as me when we were little. My legs were crooked and I could barely walk, but you took it upon yourself to burden yourself with me. You shouldered my weight and helped me move around and you never seemed upset that you did it. I was and always will be grateful that you were there for me."

Her tail twitched and an ear rotated back when she heard the scurrying of paws across the forest floor. Moments later Eytan raced past them and crashed through a bush. Ktulu shook her head then continued on. "We were still young when you were captured by Nyra. She was a racist and hated our home because father let equines and the pegasus live with us. She hated us because our mother is an equine. The whole herd rallied when she brought you back and used you like a shield. She hid behind you like the coward she was, but eventually gave you back to us. A few days later she invaded with her group of racists. Mother met her on the battlefield and killed her."

Another glance was spared to see how Phi was taking the abundance of information that was being given to her, but still Ktulu pressed on. "They were still fighting when the shades invaded. Undead spirits of fallen warriors and the like. Their bodies were sharp, their steps sounded like rustling leaves. They attacked us. Instead of running to save yourself you shouldered me again and helped me escape. If it were not for you I would be dead." She put it rather bluntly, bus she never had been one to tiptoe around the obvious.

Icon by Tay