the Rift

Forest of Tragedy [Panto]

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I have never been in such an entrancing place. The ways the trees loom over me, casting a shadow on me. The way the light barely comes in, with the over cast clouds above. There is truly, something magical to this place. It is so alluring, I feel as if I am attached here, and as if I could never leave. The place was so elusive, I didn't even know how I found it in the first place. I have walked so far, to the northern place.

The sun was high, at noon, but it seemed like it was starting to set due to the clouds. I wouldn't be surprised if it started to rain. It was so cold though. My pelt shuddered a little bit. I wish I had some sort of thicker fur, but I was accustomed more to the heat. I closed my eyes and remembered, that my ancestors were stocky, big, horses that were used to cold weather like this. If they could do it, I could too.

I kept on venturing through this forest, observing every rock, and every tree. I realized, that it was filled with pine trees, and no other trees. I could barely find any flowers, and it had such an eerie silence. As mystifying as this place was, I couldn't help to find it just a bit mysterious, and creepy. The trees were looming over me, and there was not another equine to be heard. I couldn't even hear the birds. An occasional chirp, or woodpecker drilling at the trees, but that was it. I hope there weren't any wolves living here. A chill ran through my body just thinking of the horrible creatures.

I felt tragedy in this place also. As I stepped over another fallen tree, I realized how many must've died in this place. No place could be as desolate as here, if something hadn't happened. I felt the presence of spirits here, like lost souls. I wondered what truly happened in this forest. The pine tree sap's scent hit my nose again, and I inhaled it. It seemed as if the trees were crying mercy. 'Help, help' I seemed to hear as I kept on walking through the forest. I nervously flicked my tail and continued on my journey, waiting to see if I could find something interesting.

I started at a gallop, running now, avoiding the trees, and just wandering aimlessly. It would probably take me days to get out of here, and I forgot from where I came in the forest. I wanted to meet someone else. Instead of running outwards, it almost seemed as if I was running deeper into the trees, with the darkness enveloping me. I felt such a mixture of feelings here. Freedom, sadness, nervousness, and so much more. I shut my eyes, and nearly let out a happy whinny, but I didn't feel like disturbing the beautiful silence. I stopped my gallop, and walked some more, just to calm down my racing nerves.

occ: Sorry for this suckish thread Panto. ^.^

"blah blah blah"

Panto Posts: 15
World's Edge Stallion
Stallion :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 3
Daisy

I prance along,fighting with memories I do not want to recall. Sami. Despite feeling the great pain in my chest of losing her to Tnagio I shell stay happy though. As always. I do not stay low for long. I don't feel the need for revenge as others do. I only feel happy. Whats done is done. There is no going back home now. I was a outcast though. Not even my own father thought my worthy of becoming the next leader though I had the leaders mark. The blue markings. It was placed upon me to show who the next leader would be. Worshiped. But everything changed.

Everything changed.

Clumsy. Stupid. Funny. Everything a leader apparently wasn't meant to be. Small. Scruffy. Not what a leader is meant to look like. Unworthy. Everything I was to them, except Sami who knew nothing of my true life. The emotional pain takes grasp of my heart as a fight it,skipping into a gallop to keep my mind of it. I am not fast. I do not look mighty. I just look like silly little me. Trees tower over me like mountains,there shadows do not catch my though. Well not much anyway. I wonder what it would be like if trees could walk? The image of trees walking crowd my mind so much I nearly run into a tree. Skidding into a halt I look around with a sheepish look on my maw,my eyes wide at the sudden shock of nearly coming into close contact with a tree.

A sudden neigh fills my ears with curiosity as i bring my self up to a stand as my body had somehow skidded into how a cat sits. Pricking my ears in the direction of the call I set of at a trot,watching my step as not to trip. I have never really had full control over them to be honest. They seem to stick out in all directions. As if they have a mind of there own. I then see a mare. A mare like Sami. Beautiful ebony shades cover her body,Her mane and tail tumbling down. Her emerald eyes are the only thing different as Sami had plain black eyes. She seems almost as perfect in appearance as Sami. I am so struck by her appearance I almost trot into another tree as I came to a jerky stop in front of the mare.

I pull my body up to its full height,glad all the mud has washed of me,though my lower legs are still coated in the stuff, neither has it fixed my scruffy bay coat. My white star is cleaner though after the good wash from the rain,as are my striking blue markings. Raising my perky little head I gaze into her emerald eyes. "Panto here,and you are miss?" I hope my blue orbs catch her eye as much as her green gems caught my eye.I flick my forelock out my eyes,just to make sure. I hold a grin on my face, forgetting Sami.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I saw a stallion bump into the trees. I was surprised, because I didn't hear him jolting about through the forest, and I don't know how I couldn't have heard him, but he still surprised me, when he just appeared. He gave me a goofy smile, and he seemed so out of place in this forest. I couldn't help to smile at his silliness.

He looked up into my eyes, and I couldn't help to being drawn back to his blue eyes. They were clear blue, like that of a crystal lake. Blue, perfect, orbs. The color of the sky, the color of the sea. He also had a white star, smack, in the middle of his forehead. He had a silky black mane, and tail, and a dark body. He also had a light blue handprint, and blue circles around his eyes. It was a beautiful contrast, and I guess he could blend into this dark forest pretty well, except for those beautiful, vibrant, eyes.

He seemed to be staring at me, and I could barely get myself to stop staring at his beautiful eyes. How magnificent they were. They reminded me of my old river at home. I shook it off, as he introduced himself to me, in a goofy, but courteous manner. He flipped his silky mane out of the way and gave me a smile. "Kind sir, I am Orinthia", I said with utmost respect. I didn't want to anger him in any way. Even though I didn't want to anger him, he didn't strike me as the type to get easily angry.

"You seem very clumsy", I rashly said. I didn't even think about not being aware of his feelings, but he was so funny. I felt a faint blush rising up, as heat reached my cheeks. "And funny", I said. "Would you like to walk with me?" I said pelting him with questions. I needed someone to talk to in this forest. It was just to lonely without conversing here. Besides, it was too eerie to be alone.

The trees swayed a little bit, with a slight breeze coming through. The sound of the woods pecker finally faded out, as silence broke through the whole place. There was nothing else to be heard except slight wind, and Panto and I looking at each other, into each others deep eyes. "So tell me about yourself", I said adding on more to the questions. I really need to control myself. I thought.

occ: Sorry for all these horrible posts. ^>^

"blah blah blah"

World's Edge Stallion
Daisy

Her kind smile me being clumsy was a nice surprise. Barely any horses back in my old home did. They looked at me with a disgusted look,as if I were some weirdo. But i'm not. I'm just me,Panto. Her and my eyes steady gaze,her jems were striking and I couldn't help but gazing back at her. Her ebony coat was nothing like mine. It was beautiful,smooth and seemed to shimmer in the light. Un like my scruff coat,though I suppose it was different. I probably have more of the scruffy cute look rather then the powerful handsome look. I hope im scruffy cute anyway,rather then just scruffy.

Orinthia. Her name rung like a charm bell in my ears,my grin widening as I dip my head as a bow to her in respect to her. You seem very clumsy. I flick my tail and turn my head to the side slightly in embarrassment before turning back to her. And funny. I muse over the thought? Was I really funny? It was something I have aimed to be but no one has ever said it to me. My eyes somewhat seem to shine bright in the light as my smile turns to one with more glee."Yes miss,"I laugh slightly. "I suppose I am a bit clumsy aren't I? Funny though? Nahh,I am not to sure about that Orinthia." I consider myself modest. I hope I am funny though. It is a good skill to have.

As she offers for me to with her my min instantly says yes. One reason is I am lonely and,also,she is a like able character. A friend. Unless of course she shows me another side of her,but I doubt it. I nod,forcing my ears forward as far as they could go to show my appreciation of her asking me to go on a walk with her. "I would love to Orinthia,if you don't mind my company?" I grin,guessing she wouldn't of asked if she didn't want me.

So tell me about yourself. I am glad she was the one to ask but also a reluctant to answer. What will she think when she knows the background I come from,only to be a clumsy,small pony? The gaze between us was still being held and I feel something almost grasping my heart lighting but I push the feeling aside,it is probably nothing. "Well,although born with the blue 'leader' markings that run though my family and come into one foal,me.If I were thought worthy of leader in time I would be leading the herd and would have a foal of my own with the markings,to become the next leader." I am not upset by not becoming the leader. I didn't want to so it isn't a bother to me and so my tone is as light and happy as it had been before. "But not I apparently wasn't worthy. The other stallions made a mockery out of me in front of the horse I loved and so she left,and so and I here." I stand grinning,holding the gaze that we share. Sami was in the past now and I have moved on,in a short time it seems s now I have learnt,if she loved me she would have stuck by my side."And yourself?"

[Sorry this is terrible teehee]

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I smiled at Panto. He was funny, and enjoyable, already, even though I didn't know him that well. He seemed small, and different, but I had nothing against that. He seemed like the loyal type of horse, that would be a great friend to you.

"I find you funny", I said it in a way a young filly would've said it. I needed a good laugh these days. It was quite boring, being on your own for so long, doing absolutely nothing but exploring. Don't get me wrong, adventuring was a vital part of my life, but at the same time, a little company never hurt.

"I don't mind your company, Mr. Panto", I said addressing him in a respectful manner. "Actually, company is exactly what I need", I offered him a grin. How good it was to see another equine again. I kept on prodding him with questions, as we kept on walking through the forest. "So you were supposed to be leader of your herd, eh? Those stallions must've been a bunch of jerks, because I think you're worthy of being a leader. Besides, you would be a comedian and a leader. Two in one", I joked around with him.

He started going on about the special horse he loved, that left him because of the stallions' mockery. My eyes dimmed a little in anger, and rage boiled up in me. How dare she. I spoke out of impulse now, a little bit confused, and shocked. "How dare she leave you! You are very kind, and she must've not really loved you if she left you just like that", I said, flicking my ear after saying 'that'. I suddenly was aware of what I said, and I wished I could bite my tongue. Why did I just have to do that? "Erm. I 'm very sorry for that", I said apologetically. Why couldn't I just keep my impulsive mouth shut?

"At least you're not there with her, anymore. She's not worth your time, that no good, two timing, skank", I said, practically spitting out the last word. I truly hated it when horses toyed with others' feelings and hearts. "And yourself?" He asked me after speaking of his past.

As soon as he asked that, the pain came flooding back into me. "I too, was destined to become leader. I had no male siblings, or female siblings, so I was the one to become my herd's destined leader after my parents deaths. But their deaths came too soon", I said, nearly choking on my words. "Wolves came in, invading everything, and killing nearly everyone but me. I was out in the woods, and I saw the last of the wolves killing my mother. She looked at me with pleading eyes, but I was a coward, and I didn't do anything to help her", I said. "I ran away and then came here", I said. Like a coward. I thought to myself.

I never stopped feeling guilty, as if the whole thing was my fault. We tried living in harmony with those wolves, but they never stopped. They never stopped spreading their terror and destruction, them and their cruel, inhumane howls.

"But like you, I was kind of a reject at times. I used to try and challenge the other females, but due to my youth, they almost always won," I said, mentally laughing at my stupidity when I was a filly.

occ: So much drama. XD Sorry for not replying in so long, but I'm getting ready for finals...

"blah blah blah"

World's Edge Stallion
Daisy

I smile,glad she didn't mind me being around. I listen to her as she tells me what she thinks of the herd I am from,I can't help agreeing. I think you're worthy of being a leader. Besides, you would be a comedian and a leader. Two in one. My grin widens. I sometimes wonder why my mouth doesn't hurt when I grin so much. Then I know.

I must be good smiling.

I wink playfully at her as she says; Two in one. I throw up my head laughing slightly. "Well that would be the aim." I listen with close attention as she shots her mouth of about Sami and the other stallions. I smile for I know it is true and when she starts calling me kind I couldn't help but expanding my smile. It was nice to be complemented once in a while. I take no notice of her apology,she didn't need to. All she was saying is true but I do nod in replay. I do not want to seem as though I am ignoring her,anyway,how could I? She was pretty and kind and seemed to be a perfect friend for anyone,even though I have only just met her.

As she tells me her story I swallow down guilt. Why did I have to bring back so many bad memories for her? I nuzzle her slightly to reassure. but I was a coward, and I didn't do anything to help her. How could she think she was a coward? She had survived the ordeal of the horrific wolf attacks and only to think she was a coward? "You are no coward. You survived a wolf attack,I think I would die in panic before the wolfs got to me. You are clever as well!" My voice become quieter. "You know what would have happened if you tryed to save your mother..and it isn't what your mother would have wanted." I smile,trying to add a lighter mood to the air as she tells me of how she was rejected a lot and as she said I think the same.

We are rather alike aren't we?

I throw up my head, desperately trying to think of something to keep the conversation going. "So how long have you been in Helovia?" I stumble slightly,not seeing a log there but I recover quickly,grinning and turning my head towards her. I then think back to what she said earlier,another similarity we both had is that we were both meant to be leaders. "Really me a leader? Your more of a leader type then me."

[It's k,good luck with what your doing XD]

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I smiled as we walked side by side. I tried not to remember those horrid creatures that don't deserve to be called wolves. He winked at me when I said two in one. I liked his attitude. Not rude like those other stallions. I didn't know what it was like to be bullied that much. Yes, I was kind of a loner when I was young, but the other fillies didn't gang up on me too much, or jeer at me in my face. I felt bad for Panto. Why did such a kind hearted stallion have to be mocked so much?

He listened as I talked, and I hoped I wasn't boring him with constant talking. He acknowledge my feat of escaping the wolves. He nuzzled me in slight reasurrance, and a heat slightly rose to my cheeks. "Thank you", I told him. More heat rose up in my cheeks as he called me clever. I guess I always did have a way of finding myself in dangerous situations and getting out of them.

He changed the subject, thankfully. "Well....hmm....let me think a second", I started thinking back to how long I've been in these vast lands with so many new horses. I remember first meeting those two horses that were trying to recruit me. Then my walks with Murdock in the Frostbreath Steppe. "Well. I guess about 4 months, from the beginning of Snowfall to Birdsong", I told him.

"And what about you?" I questioned him. I wanted to know more, the nosy thing I was.

"blah blah blah"

World's Edge Stallion
Daisy

I feel bad for her. She had watch her family,her herd,be killed by a pack of beasts. How did one so beautiful and kind as her end up with the tragic story of her family being attacked by wolfs,killing them all except her? She has lost so much,so so much and yet she could still stay as strong as she was? I admire her braveness so much,I can only wish to be as brave as she is. Thank you. As I pull my head away from nuzzling I give her a kind smile. It was the least I could do.

Well....hmm....let me think a second. I am still grinning while I wait,my head lowered slightly,my forelock flopping over my eyes before I flick my head up. Well. I guess about 4 months, from the beginning of Snowfall to Birdsong. So much longer then me then,which I suspected anyway. I can't believe I have only just arrived,and I have already meet such a kind horse? Luck must be on my side. And what about you?

I don't even have to think to replay."I have only just arrived. Well when I say just I have been to the edge and then here. But thats all. I still need to explore more really." I halt. A small clear pool not to far ahead. It is clearer then anything I have seen before. A great fir tree tower's over it,it looked so much older then the other trees around. Stones,with a reddish tint lay at the floor of the pool.I bend my head down curiously,then bring it back up to look at Orinthia. "Well.. that's a pretty strange pool." I gingerly lift my leg and stretch it out,then quickly,i drag it though the water. A splash hits my chest and I take a startled step back,laughing. "Maybe that wasn't the best of ideas?" I arch my neck to see some of my chest splattered with dark splodges when the water had hit my bay coat then turn back to Orinthia,still laughing slightly.

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Orinthia
I saw sympathy flood into Panto's eyes, and I felt that I was maybe being just a drama queen. I hated it. But I still took it. "Ya. It's okay", I said, looking at his beautiful face. I was so amazed how much he fit into this dark forest.

I slightly blushed again as I spoke again. "Well, you really do need to explore more", I said. I stopped right there before I started going on about all the different lands there were around this gorgeous place. The towering mist mountains, and the endless fields of grass surrounding it. Moist, tasty grass. He suddenly halted with me right behind. I looked at this pool.

It was crystal clear, and had the most fresh, delicious looking water lying in it. I was amazed, that water could look this clean. At the bottom of the pool, it seemed as if the rocks were tainted red. Not the normal reddish algae that is usually on top of some rocks, but as if the rock were painted by blood to be this color. I was amazed, at the beauty of such a tiny thing.

"Woah. That's a beautiful pool", I murmured as Panto splashed his hoof into it, taking it back out. Some water droplets landed on his chest, and I felt as if it would feel like tiny, cold, pinpricks. I smiled along with him as he chuckled."Nah, It's okay. But now you'll just be wet", I added with some humor and a smile.

I wanted to keep the conversation going, and not to bore him, so I decided to talk along with him. "So what things do you like to do, besides venture?" I asked him. I was quite shy of saying something that would embarass me, so I tried to make it limited what I asked.

occ: Sorry for not replying in so long. ^.^ I was on a trip. And I somehow can't get my table to work.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Wherever the splashing has hit Panto or Orinthia, it has turned a bloody red color, and they will find a new hunger for anything red.

This will last 2 weeks (2/10)

World's Edge Stallion
Daisy

Well, you really do need to explore more. Yes I do,I agree.But it's always hard knowing where to start,there so many places to choose from. I am glad to see she doesn't mind my stupidly splashing water over us both on our chests. As she had said I to thought the pool was beautiful. So clear and tinted with the reddish stones. I hadn't even noticed the dark splodges on my chest were gradually changing.

So what things do you like to do, besides venture?My mind wonders,not actually sure on what I wanted to do here. Ok,I wanted to explore...meet others...errr...that was it really. I didn't come here to cause any trouble,or become some sort of here; I wasn't anything of the sort to become either. Now I notice something changing in the reflection of the water. "Err-" My eyes are fixed down on the water on the reflection of my chest. Bloody splodges were gradually appearing where the water had hit me. "What the heck are those?!" I slash my hoof gently across the water to ripple the reflection but not enough to cause a splash to find the red marks were still there. "What the heck. What the heck. What the heck." I repetitively say. It probably sounded stupid or funny or something but seriously..What the heck are they??!

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Orinthia
Panto seemed to be slightly loosing focus as I spoke. I felt that the droplets that splashed on my chest to slightly start feeling different. There was a stranger atmosphere around us, and I was starting to feel stranger. I couldn't put my hoof on what, but I knew something was going wrong.

I looked towards Panto again, and I saw splotches on his chest that seemed to be blood. I let out a startled whinny as I nearly reared up on my hind legs. "What is that?" I said startled. I had to calm my nerves down, but Panto was bleeding. At least, it seemed as if he was bleeding.

"What the heck. What the heck. What the heck." Panto started saying. I felt like saying the same, and I saw the startled look in his eyes. I knew it wasn't the right thing to panic though, so I calmed my racing nerves. The realization suddenly hit me. It was the water. There was something in the water, that made the water transform color. "Panto...what th-", I started to say, but I rephrased myself. "What are those things?" I said. I saw him looking at me, and realized the water hit me too.

I looked down at my chest and realized that the splotches looked like wet sprays of blood. My eyes widened, but I bit down my fear. I suddenly felt an attraction to that marvelous red pool. Like...I wanted to lap off the red from the bottom. What was I thinking? I don't know. "Panto...do you feel the need to lap that precious red water too?" I said speaking. I felt stupid. I must've sounded like a crazy mare, but the water was so alluring to me.

World's Edge Stallion
Daisy

I also notice the strange red markings as she whinny's and rears at which point I hastily step back,taking care to dodge the water. "Panto...what th-What are those things?" I looked closely at her red dots. No,it wasn't blood,there would be a cut if there was and it would be dripping and drying up.No these dot's were our coats. They weren't just marks. I looked up to meet her emerald eyes,then to the pool that was tinted red just as she spoke. Panto...do you feel the need to lap that precious red water too? Yes. Yes I did. I was almost licking my lips to lap up the tinted water.

I turn to her again,mu eyes hungry for the water. "Yes. Yes I do." Without a second thought I sprang forward a pace and started lapping up the water. There was something about it that was so much more refreshing then just water. Without moving my head I look back with a quick flick of my eyes before turning back to carry on lapping the water.

What the hell are you doing Panto?

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Orinthia

ORINTHIA</style>
  Adventure is my Middle Name</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"

I didn't know what to do. What was happening here? My heart beat increased, but I just felt an urge to that red, luscious water. I looked into Panto's eyes, realizing an increasing lust for the water. He answered my question, and went on to drink mouthfuls of the water. I followed his example, closely slipping in beside him to drink mouthfuls of water.

Nothing felt as refreshing, as the liquidy substance that went down my throat. It felt like crystals, and made me feel so strong. I wanted it. Anything red. I felt like I could scour all of Helovia, just to feel the feel of anything red. Or to possess it. I felt something gnawing, at the back of my mind, telling me to stop, telling me to step away from the water, but something was telling me it was alright. My two conciocusnesses. Evil, and good. It was as if the evil side was trying to convince me, smoothly, to do something that wasn't right.

Then again, what was so wrong with lapping water up? I didn't see the big deal in it. I tried pulling myself away, but Panto was lapping away, so I guess in this situation I didn't pull away. Will power. Will power. Come on. Stop! I finally lifted my neck up, even though still having endless urges of returning and finishing what I started. "Panto...I don't think we should continue", I said looking at him. What should we do? I shook it off and nudged him.

Occ: How do we stop the sudden urge for anything red? Just curious. ^^

blah blah blah blah

World's Edge Stallion
Daisy

I,rather greedily,gulp down the water,the liquid was even more refreshing then what normal water was and I couldn't stop! Orinthia also didn't seem willingly able to stop though she had more control over her body then I,mental and physical as I kept lapping a few seconds after she stopped but eventually her words pulling me up though I was still mentally wanting more though I tried not to show it.

What had actually just started to happen? And why? I had only just arrived here in Helovia,and met..what? Two equines and a Pegasus and already this land was twisting round my head and tangling me up in it's will. What kind of land was this? Such a wonderful stroll with a kind mare had turned into some sort of madness for red. From my point of view anyway.

Though I am still longing for the red liquid i mange to just about resist the urge. My eyes constantly flick from Orinthia to the little pool that lay next to me but after her quick nudge my eyes less frequently dart towards the water."Orinthia,I agree. But...the urge? Can you feel it?" My eyes dart towards the water again and i'm almost licking my lips to drink the water up,mu eyes are pleading towards it to let go of me. to stop the urge. But it won't.

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Orinthia

ORINTHIA</style>
  Adventure is my Middle Name</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"

I looked at him, as we both greedily glanced at the pure water there. I was starting to feel the urge for red to ebb away, and I knew before things could get worse, that I would have to pull kind Panto away also. "Panto...we should leave", I said. It took every ounce of my being to rip away from the pool. I nudged Panto on the shoulder to see if I could turn him away from the pool. After kindly making my point, I started walking away into the forest, to see if he would follow me, and away from the deadly red. I wanted to return so badly, to welcome it back to me.

Even though I was walking away from the water, the urge for red still remained, blinding me in my sight. I couldn't help it. It was so strong, and powerful, but I looked back at Panto, hoping he would come with me.

The clouds above started finally clearing out of the sky, when filters of sunlight started poking through the sky. I smiled at the beauty of all of it, and watched as sunlight bathed me, making my ebony pelt gleam. A soft breeze blew past, ruffling my black mane up, as I flicked my tail. I was hoping Panto would follow me.

I wanted red so badly. I wish Panto were red. I wish the trees were red. I wish everything was red.Maybe the further we got from the water, the less its power would remain on us?

blah blah blah blah