the Rift

Intoxicating; questing, open

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

[questing]

The sea of thistles jumped up before him as the shade entered the Meadow, milky flower in maw and ready to complete the final part of his quest. He thought back to the Goddess's instructions, he had to find a ground based vine that was covered in flowers. Apparently, it had an intoxicating smell. So by all logic, the Nightshade ought to scent it first rather than see it, but he used both senses in his search. Glass horns shining in the sun light that lit up his blood coloured fur to something more vibrant that it's usual dullness in the Basin.

He wondered if Aviya was okay, the last time he had quested she had been there by his side. Along with another child slightly older. d'Artagnan wondered if he would receive help this time, by his children? Or maybe somebody he didn't know. Maybe a bare head or a pigeon might be so kind to come within his gaze and reach of his horn. It would make the day all that more perfect then. The Nightshade sighed and searched onwards, trying to ignore the sea of pinks and purples and allowed his mind to wander onto other matters. Like Mesec.

The Time Mender wasn't really known for his caring personality and whilst his affection towards his children was more cold than warm, he did still wonder where the colt had gone off too. In truth, he wasn't entirely sure whether it was out of parental concern or the things the Moon Goddess might do to him if she found out he hadn't been taking that great care of him. It could also be a mixture of both. d'Artagnan sighed once more, it wasn't his fault the child had decided to wander off by himself and he was sure a demi god, even as a child, could handle himself. The Nightshade had to when he was that age, and he was mortal.

He shook his head free of thought and continued onwards with his search.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

CHILD OF THE NIGHT</style>
Blessed with wind and darkness</style>

It was true, that Mesec had been a rather rare face within the Basin. Ever since his divine mother had cast him into the land under the watch of his father, the colt had come to know little of his family. He was not like them, that much he knew, and perhaps it was that knowledge which kept him away from them, often taking to the shadows to be alone and away from any scrutinizing gazes. The Basin was a land of unicorns, not of freak hybrids like himself.

But, within the past month, the obsidian colt found himself venturing more and more out of his comfort zone, more intent on growing familiar with the other lands of Helovia and the ones that called it home. It all came as tiny baby steps, for that was what he was, but there was change happening within the young boy.

Today, Mesec found himself in an otherwise flat field, with grasses reaching belly height in some areas, and thickets of colorful flowers growing in other areas. All of the sights were foreign to him, for he had grown knowing only cold snow beneath his feet. Even the air seemed different here; it was warm, and tickled his feathered wings as he strode along at a gentle trot. It beckoned him to take off at a carefree run, but that was not the way of the child of darkness.

So, maintaining a lengthy trot through the ocean of lush grasses, Mesec set his sights forward, and what he saw only minutes later took him by surprise. It was the bay form of his father, the very Time Mender of the Aurora Basin, d'Artagnan.

With mild curiousity the colt slows his paces for a moment, simply watching his father's figure as it moved across the land. What was he doing so far away from home? It seemed so unlike him to be out on a simple, leisurely walk... Letting loose a soft breath, the child continued his pace, and eventually, he found himself nearing the bay's form.

"Father," he spoke up to gain the Nightshade's attention, although he doubted that his presence had been without notice already, "Are you looking for something?" It was an innocent enough question, one that he hoped to be followed by a simple answer, and not annoyance. "Maybe I can help."

"blah blah blah."

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Thistles moaned and cracked under his road beaten hooves and his tail lashed between blood coloured legs, ears laced back. The Nightshade's patience was virtually non-existent. The sea of purple was quite disconcerting and soon the meadow seemed to blur together; finding the vine he was looking for was beginning to seem impossible. Perseverance was something d'Artagnan could aspire to but never truly grasp, so it was lucky when a familiar scent alerted the shade to his son's presence. The tall stud lifted his head and slowly turned to see the growing form of Mesec. His pitch progeny had grown during their time apart and his horn had grown crooked, twisting in ebony colours. Not glass like his own. He was similar in colour to his sister, Aviya, yet he possessed a silver grey where the bay parts should be. All in all, d'Artagnan though he looked more like his mother than himself. The build only resembled himself, and if the colt kept growing, his height too. It figured that a God's genes would be more powerful than his ordinary, mortal ones. Damn Gods.

For a moment, the Mender stood and looked at his son, his mind struggling to find the words. He wasn't quite sure whether he was happy for his safety or angered at the child's disappearance. So he faked indifference and walked towards his glittery son. Biting the child's mane once he got there and looking critically at the wings, she had to pass on those didn't she. The thought was bitter, but he couldn't protest, it was his fault for falling for her charms after all. That was the last time he did a God a sexual favour. It had strange after effects. "Your mother sent me on a quest to find a vine growing plant. You'll probably smell it before you see it..."

He gave his son a critical look then, lifting his head and narrowing his eyes. "Where have you been Mesec? Have you seen Kou yet? She'll be wondering where you are" as he spoke he motioned for his son to follow him round the meadow. Eyes flickering between scouring the ground and looking at his son. The child seemed okay, more than okay for that matter, it was something that had bothered him. If Mesec hadn't of come back, was d'Artagnan to presume he had died? The thought had always made him shiver, telling the Moon that would have been the end of his life there and then. The point was moot now that their son had returned. In the end, d'Artagnan settled on relief. His child was okay, and the Moon wasn't going to hunt him down and strangle him with her ominous darkness.

filled with rage

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

CHILD OF THE NIGHT</style>
Blessed with wind and darkness</style>

As he drew to a stop, Mesec caught the look in his father's dual toned eyes, and suddenly felt as if he were under tight judgement. He supposed he probably was, for a multitude of reasons. The first reason was more than likely his lack of socializing with or around his family, and the other reason, well... He needn't say anything, judging by the critical look given to his feathered appendages. It was a common look of scrutiny, one he was ever so slowly growing used to back home. Perhaps that was why he had turned into a rare face amongst those in the Basin.

The colt stood motionless as d'Artagnan approached, feeling his teeth upon his obsidian mane. Word of his mother leaked from the bloody bay's lips, then, and with a curious look, Mesec turned his head to meet the stallion's gaze. "Mother did?" He questioned, although he expected little more than a nod in return. So with that, another question from him. "But why? What does this vine do? And if I do not know what smell to look for..." He trailed off, and gave a shake of his own head. It would be best not to upset his father, not after suddenly appearing to him after so long.

Another look was given to him then, this one more critical than before, demanding him to give a good answer. Drawing in a deep breath, Mesec tried to convince himself that he was not shrinking under the gaze of his father, no matter how much it felt that way. "In the Basin, father," he answered truthfully, "I'm sorry I've seperated myself as of late, but I... do not enjoy the looks that some of the others give me." Following d'Artagnan's lead, then, he followed after the bay, keeping at his side as he continued the search for the elusive vine. "I've neglected to see Kou, and Aviya, as well... I am sorry."

It was then that Mesec dropped his head, nostrils flaring as he sought to help his father find what he was looking for. With so many scents flooding his system, it was rather difficult to try and focus on one, even more so one that he wasn't sure he'd ever scented before. But if he did find it, would it change the way that the blood bay looked upon him? With newfound vigor, the colt picked his pace up a bit, and kept his silvery eyes on the lookout for any sort of vine-like growth.

"blah blah blah."

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

d'Artagnan listened to his son's questions, he always did become more inquisitive when his mother was mentioned. Any other father may feel sorry for their son, having a God as a mother who he would rarely see for the rest of his life. Yet d'Artagnan didn't burden Mesec with his sympathy, if the child was to be strong in mind as well as body then he will have to understand life's hardships. Understand that his mother wasn't all she claimed to be, more she was a traitor, but the Nightshade ultimately knew she would always be a big part of his life. You could never take away a son's love his mother, no matter how bad she became, God or mortal. It was d'Artagnan's duty to raise Mesec the best he could, the child didn't seem as vicious as Aviya but he shaped like a fitting Leader. His mind still young but seemingly full of clarity. Not one of his genes.

"I need a power that only she can grant me, something that will stop my enemies in their path. Literally." His voice became dark, in truth he could of gone to see the Lord Earth, but d'Artagnan wanted to see her. To let her know that he was confused and hurt, to see if she would explain further. Apparently her lips were sealed even from him. The shade was about to answer Mesec's other question on the vine when the colourful smell he was looking for entered nostrils. d'Artagnan trotted forwards and spotted the vine with a sharp noise of glee. Finally the last part of his quest had been found! He breathed as little as he could, knowing he could heal himself later if the plant proved to be toxic, and carefully carved it from the ground. The milky white flower secured in his maw and placing the vine on his horns. Quest completed. The shade turned to Mesec with his trophys "I'm not entirely sure on what it does, son, but try not to inhale too much of it's scent."

He shrugged off the demi-god's apologies and instead informed his Son of a new addition to their family. Unless Nao was keeping secrets he was pretty sure Mesec hadn't seen her yet, he wondered briefly how the child felt about his siblings. He knew Aviya would give him endless torment, she was too much like him to overlook his feathered appendages. Nao was still young and her personality a little more sketchy than her wild, older sisters. Only time would tell. "You have another younger sister, Nao is her name and I'm sure she would very much like to meet her older brother one day. Although due to a disease it is best she only comes out at night. She has quite the curious personality, like yourself" he commented rather blandly at the end. Chuckling as he remembered the fillies encounter with General Deimos, there wasn't a touch of fright on that little innocent face. She seemed like just the type of filly to go carelessly wandering into danger.

With that d'Artagnan turned and looked towards the Veins, wandering what his next encounter with the Queen of Darkness would be like. He turned thoughtfully to Mesec, maybe she'd talk more if he was there too. "I'm going to return these to your mother, if you want to come along?" He wondered how long it was since his son had seen his mother. It must have been a while.

filled with rage