the Rift

Greed [Any god]

Djinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I speaketh the Truth</style>

Rumors were always spreading about places with power. Whether it was about strong rulers, ominous legends, prophecies of death and redemption or whispers of blessed beings, they traveled from mouth to mouth and reached far beyond the intended destinations. This place, this magical land and its divine guardians were spoken of in whispers and legends in the distant lands beyond the Threshold. It was said that it was one of the rare places where magic still ran wild through nature, raw and unrefined. They said it was containable, malleable only through the grace of the gods, and that even the most common of creature could grow in power if only they managed to persuade one of the Immortal ones.

Unlike most, Djinn never truly doubted the rumors. Born in a land just as magical as this one where conflicts and wars had been waged and settled with magic, and born with the powerful light burning throughout the soul he was a living proof that the legends might hold some truth.

But as he now approached the four shrines after crossing the hazardous path across the lava fields and stopped before them, he squinted in the bright spring light and gazed at them with hesitation. Was this really the home of something as powerful as a god? There hadn't been anything like this in Isilme as far as he could remember, only an old ruin haunted by a malicious demon who craved steep prices for anything you gained. He had been feared and loathed, and still they had all gone to him to have their wishes fulfilled. Were the gods of Helovia as stingy as the old Tome Guardian had been? Would they charge him more for the power than it was worth?

Then again, he was greedy and honest enough to admit that he was willing to do just about anything to become stronger. Beyond the strength he could gain by training his body and honing the mind through battle and process of thought, there was power to find within Helovia that went beyond ones wildest imagination. Some had received a taste of it already, and his birthright didn't quite stand up to par with most. As good as it was in defense purposes, it was useless in an attack.

And the pale demon didn't wish to be equal. He wanted to be grand, striking the other mortals with awe where he went. He wanted something so useful, so versatile in nature that no one would know how he was going to strike, capable of aiding as well as striking... Ah yes, he knew what he wanted, just not if he would be able to attain it.

Thus, he prepared himself to have to crawl before the gods if needed and made as respectful a bow as he could manage; a curt lowering of the neck, stiff with all the pride and awareness of his own mortality a mercenary could muster. Realizing, that a god caught on a bad day would be as likely to kill him on the spot as they were to bless him.

"I'm not one to pray, you know" he said, gaze trailing from shrine to shrine before hovering somewhere in between. "I suppose its rude to come here too, offering nothing and craving things in return... But if you're in a mood to spare this mortal one's life, I'd appreciate if you could spare some time."

Speaking in a matter of fact way, the tall unicorn then raised his neck and settled in, prepared to wait as long as was necessary before one of the gods deigned to answer. He was patient; he'd remain where he was until he got the attention he wanted.

[OOC: Using VoTG pass won by CoTM

Questing for Telekinesis, the ability to move one or multiple objects with the mind. ]

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

"How polite you are, little mortal." The Sun God's voice echos through the veins, but it is little more than a whisper, subtle and soft. "But your politeness is overshadowed by your greed." Flickers of light flashed before Djinn as the Sun God's body began to form, looking little more than a mirage at first before it solidified.

Mini fires erupted around the God's hooves as he stepped toward the mortal who had called upon him. "What has your greed driven you here today to ask for?" The God asked. "A companion? More power?" His eyes glinted and he grinned in an almost malicious way.

"Power." He answered himself. "You want power that only I can grant you, but I ask you what can you offer me in return? What can you do to convince me that you are worthy of being blessed with my power?"

CREDITS

Djinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The voice resounded through the air as though bounced between pillars of gentle light, as disembodied as the invisible speaker. Muscles tensed beneath the marble skin as a cold chill crawled along the spine, and as he gazed around to try and behold the owner of the voice he took a step back, then another.

Demonic gazers snapped back to a single spot as the God of Flame began to manifest, and as the guardian of light steadily grew more visible Djinn felt how his initial confidence slowly drained away. Wings, horns, oh he could fight both wing and horn if he had to, and probably more than one at a time when great things like life and limb was at stake. But this fire that that caused his heart to race, this light that for a moment seemed to blind him and gaze into his very soul... How could he fight that, or the overpowering aura that belonged to this lithe but truly magnificent steed?

Djinn was a vain creature. He was blessed with pleasant looks and he knew how to make most of them, prided himself on pleasing the eye and liked to surround himself with beautiful things. Next to this divine being he felt big and clumsy, ragged and unkempt; he wanted to huddle and shrink away, turn into slime and slip away between the rocks...

But no. He wanted power.

He wanted it bad enough to speak in front of this divine one who had spared precious time to accommodate the selfish desires of a mortal. Hell if he'd waste an opportunity like this.

"Indeed, I am greedy and selfish enough to want this power for myself. I suppose it is in the nature of dying things to want - at least I've always lived a life of craving, and doing what I can to sate it." It was an interesting topic to discuss, truly. Even beneath the piercing stare of the Sun God and faced with an unsettling look of expectation on the handsome face he felt tempted to extend upon it.

"When it comes down to it, I probably don't deserve anything, least of all that which I long for. I'm selfish and generally not very nice, I lie and deceive as easily as I take lives..." The powerful shoulders shrugged briefly, then the black-tainted eyes of the stallion moved to meet the golden gaze of the god, meeting one merciless smile with another, as if trying to show to the other the exact depths of his deprivation.

"Ultimately, it's your choice whether to grant my wish or not, and to set the price. What would you charge for the ability to control the world around me? I can offer but myself, the things I know, see, feel, hear and taste, the actions of my body and my thoughts. There's nothing I won't do, not price that is too steep. Truly, I will accept any task, pay any price.

This is how greedy I am."

For a moment there was silence. Will tested, options weighed, his own limits explored to see if he truly was willing to do anything like he'd said. Would he kill, maim, devour flesh or dig up bones, bathe in fire or carve himself to pieces to gain what he wished for? The answer was unsettling even for the black-maned steed, for even though he found some options revolting and loathed the thought of others, nothing was closer to him than himself, nothing meant more...

A sudden laughter cut off whatever tension that had been caused from his part, and with a lopsided grin the stud rolled his eyes at his own words.
"Sorry, that was a boring answer. True, but not very entertaining. How about I assemble a skeleton from only different bones? Or I could collect pink flowers from all the lands in Helovia, or maybe find out a truth from five different creatures... Or should I leap into the Heart? I could do that, I just don't know how I'd get back up again. Hmm... or maybe.." The voice gradually lowered as more and more suggestions poured from his mouth, ridiculously easy ones mixed with suggestions of murder and disfigurement, all in a jumbled mess that would have seemed comical if they hadn't been spoken so seriously. At this rate it seemed the lightning-marked horse could go on forever, seeing as how his imagination appeared endless.

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

"You are quite right, whelp." The god spoke again, distastefully this time. "You deserve nothing. You are absolutely unworthy of any of my power and yet you still seek it." It was rare that any mortal made the god smile, but Djinn's proclamation that he would do anything made the god smile. "Anything?" It was a pity that he was so desperate for power that he would do anything for it.

The Sun God chuckled as Djinn then began to list off suggestions of what he could possibly do to earn his magic. "What would I do with a skeleton or flowers, foolish boy?" He demanded. "Oh, but I have an idea. If this power is so important to you perhaps I should take away your ability to breed." He laughed again and flicked his tail, which erupted in flames as it slashed through the air.

"What you're going to do." The God pressed on. "Is find four individuals that possess light power and you will experience the extent of their power. The pain that it inflicts. If you don't then you will never experience the glory of my power." His gaze was then leveled on Djinn, daring the stallion to argue with him or suggest something else.

CREDITS

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

He was surprised to see the smile appear upon the lips of the god, but as always whenever he managed to lure someone into a good mood a sense of satisfaction washed over the unicorn. He smiled back and allowed the stream of words to die out once the flaming ruler cut him off, not even flinching as the source of merriment appeared to be none but himself. Fading just the slightest bit on the inside at the thought of not being able to produce offspring, Djinn was relieved when the guardian of light suggested another task for him to do.

All in all, it might be more difficult than gelding, but on the other hand it could prove more worth wile to seek out other light users. Not only would he be allowed to test our his own current level of strength, he'd also have a splendid opportunity to discover what others were capable of out there. It was one thing to know that many horses possessed magical abilities, and another entirely to view them first hand and up close.

"A fair price, divine one, very well thought of" he said with a look of appreciation, smiling as the dark eyes began to glimmer with anticipation of all what he would be allowed to discover. "I will do as you say and experience the abilities of those who already have your favor. All the best for you until then; I enjoyed meeting you."

Offering the lord a second bow, the dip of the neck was considerably lower this time. True respect and a feeling of appreciation towards the Sun God seemed to be bringing out the best sides within this young rogue. As he backed off and waited for the god to disappear before he left, a slight smile lingered on the dimmed lips; perhaps a few more positive encounters with this entity would leave him a true follower. It was an amusing thought, if not entirely implausible, and as the gray-coated demon made his way back towards the mainland, he found himself humming in a content way.

"Hey ho, hey ho, and off to work we go..."

[ooc: Ffffff wrong account.. sorry.]

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden