the Rift

Pain [Moon God]

Brooke Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Brooke
the envious snake

In the silence she traveled. It had to be about dead midnight now as the moon glittered above and the heat of the day seemed to rush away to a mild chill. In the distance lighting would strike, moments later the sound would come. A horrible crash in her glorified triangles. As the metalic, snake earings, caught the wind and gave a high pitched buzz in her thoughts. Brooke was highly aggitated.
Being pregnant made her thoughts worse. Quietly though she secretly made her climb to the Moon God. Or maybe it was a Goddess? She had yet to figure these things out. Being unsocial and only speaking with her lover Torasin, she had no knowledge of the outside world. Everyone could be escaping Helovia because of a horrible plague and she would never know unless Torasin came to her rescue. The gentle man brought the best in her out. No doubt.
As the cold breeze began to pick up her hair whipped to and forth harshly. Stinning her eyes as the strands would crash with the wet orbs. Her hide gathered goosebumps. Each step growing harder to break. Aching joints longing for a nice dip in hot water.

The large gal had nearly made it to the holds of all the Gods. Her eyes watching the next steps carefully. Watching the moon itself. Her shadow under her feet, bending like waves as she swung her hips from side to side with each lucious movement forth. Working her way up the volcanic rock her hooves grabbed tightly as she pushed harder. Muscles bulging. Nobody knew where she was headed.
Would Torasin worry? Would he find her dead if the Gods didn't like her? Shaking her head, with a forceful toss, her hair swung and she pushed aside those thoughts. What kind of place would this be if they went around killing innocent ones.
Innocent..? No Brooke was far from innocent. She was a liar. A treacherous snake in the grass. A hurtful closed mare that cared for no one but herself and Torasin. Even the children that grew in her stomach would be lied to. Or would she grow to bond with them like she did with Torasin? She'd had twins before. She abused them rather plainly. Never caring for them. Pushed them away. When Isilme went down, she expected they did too. She couldn't lie she did think of them every-now-and-then. Wondering why she regretted hating them.

Making it to the shrines was possibly the only thing that brought her from her thoughts. The mares lucious tail dragged far behind her as it tangled carefully, wrapping itself around her hind legs in the unforgiving wind. She looked beautiful but a beautiful face is nothing if you don't have a beautiful soul. "My dearest Moon God, oh won't you bless me with your presence?" she questioned carefully. Examining the moon, the shadows of the hard magma, each boulder.
'If they belong here, why are they hiding?'

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
A strange, ghostly figure that seemed identical to Brooke in all but a lack of corporeality appeared before the mare. Where Brooke's mane fell upon the ground, the ghost's floated upwards as if reaching for the heavens. The lips of the figure parted and the teeth resting within flashed to reveal that they were in fact dagger sharp fangs.

The poor child, turning restlessly among your living sins, came the haunted whisper, sounding as if from behind Brooke, yet emanating from the still, close-lipped ghost. It took silent steps closer until its faded nose almost touched the beauty before her. A whisper, quiet and chilling: Perhaps we should save it now, before it is too late.

The ghost floated through Brooke and left in its wake a dangerous chilling sensation. Whispers inaudible to the expectant mother but clear to her unborn children floated behind the ghost's trail. A soft apology spoken with regret, the first words the twins would ever hear, even if they were beyond comprehension.

Live as well as you can beneath this monster who brings you to life.

And then the being was gone.

Unregistered
[ooc- I'll make this short since the gods didn't show up (...yet) :D lol]

She quivered as the shape before her ran through her. Teeth like a vampire and shadows of white. Horrified as the being almost whispered into her. Rather to her though, it was her unborn children it shocked.
Brooke could feel their uncertainty boil in her twirling stomach, as butterflies consumed her concern. In protection of her children she high tailed her ass out of there. Hooves skidding and scraping carelessly across the harded lava. Making a promise mentally 'I will hold these children dear, and teach them the ways of my father.' Inside that was a promise to love them, outside it was a promise to teach them the skills of equine supremacy, war, and dominance.
Hair floating graciously in the wind she was running to exit the Veins quickly. No resistance.

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

"You came here for a reason, Brooke." From behind the shrine emerges the feminine form of the Moon Goddess. Her silver eyes are trained on the pregnant mare that had turned to leave so soon after arriving and requesting her presence. As she fully reveals herself the wind catches her mane and tail and blows them wildly about her.

"You must learn to have patience." She chides the pregnant mare. "Now why don't you tell me why you called for me." She ignores the events that had transpired mere seconds before her own arrival. The will of the dead is just that. Their own will.

Unregistered

Brooke
the envious snake

A light caught her eyes from behind as the feeling of someone watching her again troubled her. She turned her head to see what it was only to slid to a stop. Brooke's feet skidding across the hard rock angrily. 'Now my dearest god has arrived after I've been scared shitless..' she sighed. Large legs carrying her back like a scolded puppy. "Excuse me for my cowardism." dipping a large head in a respectable manor she listened to the Moon Goddess quietly.

The sly gal put on a faint smile, for it was real though she truly respected the Gods, but she must tell them now what she wants. Rather the Goddess what she wanted. Raising her tiara proudly she spoke what she wanted. Sky blue eyes graciously asking for such power. "Moon Goddess I wish for such the capabilities of shape shifting. Only on conditions. I have the ability to shift to a King Cobra snake, with all the capabilities of the snake (poison and all), and to be able to see normally, instead of the infra red vision I've heard these beasts have." her ears twisted all around. Patiently waiting. She never really was the patient type but this she would wait for.

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The Moon Goddess is patient as she waits for the large mare that called upon her to state her wishes. It is with the subtle tilt of her head that the Goddess acknowledges Brooke's desire to shape shift into a snake. "How befitting of a mare who already considers herself a snake." She says dryly.

The Moon Goddess steps foward and begins to circle around Brooke. "I will grant you your wish." She begins. "But you must do something first." The Goddess comes to a halt before Brooke. "You must befriend and Equine, a Pegasus, and a Unicorn, all of whom you have no prior connections to. You must not lie to them. Reveal your true self. Once you have accomplished this bring them to me. If you have truly befriended them I will grant you your wish." The Goddess steps back and levels the other mare with a serious look. "You must not lie, Brooke, keep that in mind." With that said the Goddess' body begins to fade and in a matter of seconds she is gone.

Unregistered

Brooke
the envious snake

All was fine till the stunning goddess before the paint gave her a request. Befriend such nasty foul things. She learned to tolerate them because of Torasin but become a friend to them... the equine she had no problem with. Although accepting them like she accepted Torasin was a problem. Especially for the other two creatures. How was she to do that without hurting her purpose.. her pride. Concerned, sky blue, orbs pierced to the other being. As she refrained from circling Brooke any further.
'She must have a purpose for such a horrible request.' her gut twisted as the unborn children she held quivered in their shrimp bodies. With a small sigh she took in the rough stare, the serious you better stare. 'No lying. I promise I can do this.'
Metallic snake shaped earings chimmed with the stormy wind as Brooke gave a nod, "No lies." smiling with confidence she gave a tilt of her gracious shaped head in respect. The Moon Goddess disappeared within seconds and Brooke set off to ponder her new plan. 'I can not lie, no screwing this up, Brooke you can friend 2 uglies and 1 normality without dying!' scolding herself harshly, even with the diss on the pegasi and unicorn.