the Rift

Home Sweet Home [Open]

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily
After meeting up with Mirage, Sage, Xanthos and Lace the golden painted had moved off to see if any of her children were near. She had not had time to seek out Aaron before her run for freedom. What if her captor took him as a replacement? The dove hoped not. She knew her son was strong, and surely would try to fight his way back out again. What worried her was that Azale and Kamien were no where to be found. Surely they had not been taken too?

Hazel eyes searched and searched but nothing... Worry was painted on the dual colored mare's face. Anyone could easily tell the mother was now getting worried about her children. She paced back and forth for hours, her coat beginning to lather in a sweat. Where were her children? Her babies? Had the herd not looked after them and they had disappeared? Now becoming frantic she called out "AZALE!! KAMIEN!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?"

Her mind begin to spin with many bad thoughts of what could of happened to her babies.. Surely Aaron had not been so caught up that he left the little ones on their own... Maybe he had moved them to safety once she had been taken. Maybe somewhere she did not know yet? Slowly she began to force herself to calm down, really wishing someone else from the herd was around that maybe knew something about the children... She looked around again, seeing if anyone else had come to see what was going on.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
larfsalot.deviantart.com

Nearly invisible, the WeyrLeader did follow the painted palomino shortly after her greetings with Xanthos and her fellow herdmates. Solstice had seemed in a hurry to leave, and Mirage could understand why - she didn't have children of her own, but she cared for all of her herdmates like they were her family, her sisters, brothers, sons and daughters.

So the frantic call of Solstice brought a deep, knawing concern from the mare. Being captive for almost as long as she, the Leader was ashamedly in the dark with regards to the caring of the youths - she would have assumed Aaron to place them in a safe place, a cave near one of the campfires, perhaps, before setting off on his challenge to win back Solstice's freedom - a challenge he would only be completing for the sake of battle experience now, it would seem.

Swiftly the dark leader caught up to the golden hued mistress, dropping her veil with the toss of her silken mane and boring her own golden gaze into Solstice's. "Let us check the camps to the north, there are some safe caves near them, perhaps that is where they are stowed away." On light, delicate steps she nimbly led the way, Akaith trilling her accompaniment from above, lending them her own eyes so that the search could be completed that much quicker.

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily
So frantic she had been, that Solstice did not even notice Mirage and Akaith arriving behind her. The voice of the Weyrleader almost startled the painted mare. She turned around quickly, ears flipped forward listening to what she had to say. The ebon mare's gaze caught Solstice's and held it as she spoke just what the young mother needed to hear. Someone that could help, that knew another place to look that she had not thought of before. Without any other words the tobanio painted mare followed Mirage, hearing the comforting sound of Akaith up above them. Surely the golden dragoness was looking for the young ones from above.

The closer they got to the caves, the strong the scent of her daughter grew... But not her adopted son. Where was Kamien? Had the God of the Earth taken him back? She would go to the God soon and seek him out for advice. Maybe Kamien had decided he could handle himself... No surely he was just out wondering. Each time they came near a cave, the painted mother entered in and looked for the little ones. Each time no sign of either of them. Hazel eyes looked to Mirage filled with worry. It was they entered the last camp Solstice relaxed. Curled up near one of the fires, was a small pale and double winged form with rose gold markings. With relief the mother moved forward crying happily "Azale! My baby girl! You're safe!" She nuzzled against the little one, tucking her legs down.

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I lift my head from the shade of the cave, the fire reflecting my wet, iridescent frame prettily, if I might say so. I watch quietly for a moment as mother and daughter reunite, eyes just glimpsing Mirage beyond the cave mouth as well.

Rising onto my black paws I sink into a stretch. It's more instinct than anything, this wolf body not composed of bones to lock or joints to stiffen. It makes me feel good somehow all the same.

I dissolve then, suddenly a dark splash staining the cave floor as I spill into a thousand drops. Before I have thinned out entirely though all the dark liquid comes rushing back to its center, nearly watching it in reverse, though this time it doesn't build up the shadowy canine, but the inky horse. I am still dark, my form seeming to absorb light more than to reflect it, but I have lost that shine to my body, one that is now flesh and hair and hide instead of foul water.

I glance unperturbed at the family, not aware of the dire situation Solstice had felt about her child. Aaron had entrusted the small filly to me before he marched to the Edge and I had been looking after her since. Of course, I am no father figure and a terrible babysitter, preoccupied with my own tasks, but I spared her what attention I could and hoped to give her solace with my company, silent as it is.

I can tell you one thing for sure. I don't think I want any children.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
larfsalot.deviantart.com

Swiftly they move, scouring the lands with a sure efficiency, three sets of eyes searching everywhere for signs of young life roaming the realm that was assumed to be a safe haven. It concerned Mirage, for a moment, that harm could potentially come upon their young ones of the herd within these lands, lands that she had secured to protect them. But then the familiar scents tingled her nostrils, and as Akaith picked up on an inky trail left behind by only one possible creature, and darted into the cave Solstice found, warbling warm welcomes and greetings as she did so. The elegant, dark form of Mirage smoothly entered soon after, bowing her crown and offering a small smile that spoke a thousand more words than she could possible think of. Happiness swallowed her, as the small, winged form of Azale became apparent, healthy and alive. The absence of Kamien, then young colt who had been dropped to their doorstep by the very God of the Earth, did cause a small frown to furrow her brows.

Seer might see. The suggestion came from the little dragon, who had noticed the absence of Kamien, but also a hint of something else, something extra - and not something that was sinister or dark. "I will ask Hellena if she has seen Kamien." The WeyrLeader said softly, kindly, a smile curling her lips as she lowered her tiara to greet the young mistress they had just scoured the land searching for. A light sheen of sweat coated Mirage's hide, and her sides moved with a bit more rapidity to make up for the accelerated breathing rate. She offered her plush muzzle to the filly, before turning her gaze to view the reformed body of Ink, crown nodding deeply in thanks to her new Spectre. He had proven himself again and again worthy of her trust, and she did long to communicate with him better, to understand how he worked. She was fascinated by him, by the ways which he had adapted to present his point, and as always, she was thirsty for more knowledge.

A small sigh, and the mare turned to give the little family some privacy, standing with a relaxed air at the cave entrance, keeping guard.