the Rift

Henbane [Rapha]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

The night was beautiful and filled with the glowing colours of the Aurora Borealis. A slight breeze ruffled the tough tundra and it held the warmth of Bird Song, animals drifted about and their newborns played amongst themselves. It was a night to stop most in their tracks and gaze in wander at it's magnificence. Small and hidden from the direct line of sight was a mountain pass that led into the Basin, it was narrow enough to make one concentrate and was ideal in hiding the home of the unicorns.

d'Artagnan was making his way back into his herd land after spending another day searching for new poison, the fruits of his adventure clasped between two dangerous looking horns. Mind brooding over his once captive Solstice and mourning over the fact they had to give her up. Deimos was indeed important to them and it angered the Nightshade to loose him. Still, news recently seemed to travel with a double edged blade. His agitated thoughts lightened a little at the thought of his fight with Aaron, the bare head had put up an admirable fight and it had satisfied the shade's anger for now. All in all it wasn't so bad.

The pass ended and d'Artagnan finally made his way into the Basin proper, his guard dropping a little now at home and he began wondering what the plant on his horns could actually do. He remembered it's appearance from the knowledge gifted to him by the haggard old Earth, it surprised the shade that he was still coming across new plants he hadn't found before. So many grew in Helovia's vibrant landscape and different climates and it was this knowledge that d'Artagnan held sacred. The only other who knew of it was Kou and one day his children will too. In case they ever wish to take his place. He wondered if they would be blessed with the same curse he had when he obtained the information from the Earth, or whether it was his price for being the first.

He sighed a rather tired sigh, looking around him at the tundra grass with a look of hunger. "I'm starving" he grumbled to himself and made his way over to a patch to satiate his longing.

reference by Fifth-Muse@dA | imi

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Rapha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

R A P H A

Rapha is watching the sky burst into colors, mouth slack and ever so slightly open in pure amazement. I want to be able to do that. The little dun shifts a leg, resting his weight and letting his eyes comb the glorious ribbons of color glistening across the thick bands of stars. It is then he notices a blackened form roaming into the lands, and he wonders if it is the one who had attacked him that day so much earlier. Then his gaze drifts back upward. If he imagines really hard, he can almost see the leaping caribou and dancing wolves. He can almost see the roaring bears... and he sees himself, finally a unicorn, horn glistening, running and bucking across a field of green.

The tiniest of sighs escape him and he glances around nervously. Master is probably asleep- so maybe he could go for a walk. For a moment his mind duels a battle of wills, before his restless legs win over and he begins to move downwards, towards the valley. The grass is cool, damp with dew, and he shivers in surprise as he glances into the oily water of the lake. It glistens with stars and greens and violets and indigos, bursting richly with colour and elegance, and Rapha can see himself, a tiny black creature walking through the heavens above. But then he trips, and he is back on earth.

All of a sudden, Rapha finds himself somehow next to d'Artagnan grumbling about being hungry. The timid little mouse finds himself saying, quite quietly, "The grass is good by the lake, sir Time Mender sir." Then his mouth closes with an audible snap and he gives a little start of shock, wondering what the hell he was doing speaking to unicorns. Hadn't Master told him off for doing this?

i'm a COWARD, a LIAR, and totally, utterly pathetic- I ADMIT IT

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

d'Artagnan slowly turned his bloody head to gaze at the slave who had been named Rapha. The Nightshade saw it as nonsense, keeping slaves, he knew for a fact he could never bring himself to keep one. The poor bugger would be dead within a matter of hours, such was the Mender's temper, it would make light entertainment for a time at least. That was about the only upside d'Artagnan saw to it, he wondered how long Sno was intending on keeping the heathen before killing it. So innocent he looked quivering in his presence. It made him sick. The shade snorted and moved past the slave and headed towards the lake. Taking a long drink instead before contemplating his appearance in the reflection.

His attention was soon brought back to the poisonous plant on his horns and an idea began to form within his mind. Rapha was a slave and his duty was to serve, it would be a perfect opportunity to test out his knew toy. If the boy died it was no big deal, he would just go find another dithering idiot for the Frost Heart's daughter. The interesting part would be how the poison took effect, he wondered if it caused delusions. Or made the patient sick. Maybe he'd simply drop dead. d'Artagnan turned away from the pool and stalked back to Rapha, a glint of malicious intent in his mind.

"I need you to do something, boy. Eat this plant, I want to see how it works." He placed the plant on the ground before Rapha, a dark smile caressing his ebony lips. Gaging the slave, the shade wasn't about to give the dun chance to refuse, not if this bare head valued his life. A cold rumbling laughter vibrated across the snowy Basin, "relax... I'm the Doctor."

reference by Fifth-Muse@dA | imi

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!