the Rift

We All Bleed Red | Panto, Acceptance

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

He leads. 

With steady steps he takes point, hooves striking the ground with purpose that resonates through his bones. Tall frame cuts the path before the bay stallion that follows him. Mud that clings to similarly darkened pillars of brown washes away through the wet undergrowth he walks through. Trading off for a lighter color more befitting of his golden hide. Sun is breaking through the oppressing rain clouds, though his coat remains dulled by the rain that poured down moments ago. One listeners swivels upon his crown to concentrate on the young stallion that follows him. The other is cocked towards home, the place he returns to always. It is a deep calling, nearly primal. The mists call him back, the waves of the cliffs beat inside his breast and rush through his veins. Already it has become a place of pride for him. He belongs there and he has taken on a fierce love for it. Kaj turned baby blues to the horizon once more. Smells are turning increasingly more familiar as they touch his nostrils. Soon enough the fog appears, seeping slowly across the ground to welcome home ghosts that watch from trees and appear from darkness in silence. The Edge is a silent fortress, its inhabitants watching from shadows with eyes as cold as the sea itself. Waiting in muted silence for the return of their loved ones. Their power is a sturdy, patient one. The Edge will thrive and their members will be returned. Kaj is sure of it. 

He has no qualms with allowing the mists to embrace his legs, enjoying the familiarity of the scent of the tide and the deep rich scent of the new rain on the wooded pillars reaching their branches toward the sky in vain. They shall never reach it, never taste the divine rush that only others of his kind can access. It is then that he wishes to take wind under wing and soar, keep eye on he home he so loves. Drink from those rain laced skies, pour its essence into his soul where it has always belonged.

But no. Today he must ignore the callings of his wandering mind. He has a recruit to lead and he shall do so, for duty comes before pleasure. Always. Though he feels strange doing it he stops a few paces into the border. Heart tugs him forward, calling him on. Telling him to return to the land he loves fiercely. Dark laced drivers don't obey. Bright head angles back and he sings out, letting the most and trees absorb his vocals and pass it on. He calls for Rishima, for anyone who can welcome the stallion with the pained eyes and the submissive but endearing demeanor. 

We have a new brother. 

Welcome home, Panto. 

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
larfsalot.deviantart.com

Discussions with her sister had allowed the WeyrLeader to become familiar with the titles and appearances of the new faces that would be seen about her herdland. They had joined since her capture, pledged themselves to the Edge despite knowing the predicament the Edge was in. Surely it was a mark of the hope, the honour and esteem that the individuals held, that they didn't turn a herd already prospering - that they wanted to be a part of the rebuild, part of the growth and saving grace of the herd, spoke wonders of their resolve. Despite not meeting some of these individuals yet, she felt a sense of respect for them, just as she hoped they would respect the position she was in, and the unavoidable absence her capture had triggered.

The mare walked today, still not entirely willing herself to be seen, and so a shimmering, blurry cloak was worn. The mists danced around her illusion-draped form, and a golden dragon lazily floated amidst the sun beams that filtered down through the canopy above. Mirage was drawn towards the borders today, filled with the specific hope that she would come across a member she was yet to meet, so that she could greet them, and allow them to know who it was they followed. The DragonHeart was never one to lead a herd from a distance; mysterious though she was, she had been named their leader, by them, not demanded that they follow her.

Ears twitched, movements were paused, the shimmering cloak allowed nothing more than a hint of her whereabouts to be seen by an onlooker. Golden eyes roamed the borders of her land, and then - there, the faded, dark-trimmed, golden hide of a pegasus. The dark shadow mare searched her memories for a name, knowing that she had been told of this stallion by one of her colleagues, knowing that he was a part of the herd by the very scent of the lands that were so deeply ingrained into him. He led another, a young, sturdy, bay stallion, whose hide was marked by something she had not seen for many years - a human touch. Curiosity was piqued, and just like that, the WeyrLeader strode forth, dropping the cloak that clung to her. Indifference was upon her façade, even as she arched her nape to bow her tiara to her herdmate, and drank their forms in with deep, golden eyes.

"Welcome to the World's Edge." Her voice was accented, but held few variants in tone, mostly just presenting the words with a bland, truthful sincerity. The speech was directed towards the new member, though a sparkle behind her eyes indicated that she was greeting Kaj as well. "I am Mirage." Her speech ceased then, as Akaith found this moment opportune to float down from her lazy winged dances amidst the canopy, and make herself at home upon her beloved, bonded's back. The little dragon looked at the two stallions, tilting her draconic crown this way and that, before decidedly finding something more interesting to look at elsewhere. A picture of relaxation, the WeyrLeader hitched a hindleg onto her toe, and patiently awaited what may unfold.

Panto Posts: 15
World's Edge Stallion
Stallion :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 3
Daisy

I follow the golden Pegasus to a different world,so different and on the walk here,I have had time to get my head cleared. For a start,I know I am never going back to my previous home. Nor back to Sami. She obviously didn't love me if she left me so quickly. Every time I think of her the twang of pain gets less,and less. It's reliving in a way. I know that I don't hold on to things from the past for ages. I know when something is gone. I never had her really. She was never mine. A stop,looking at the fog that has started to become noticeably thicker. I carry on though,following the lead of Kaj for he is the only one I can trust now.My coat was drying of now,and most of the mud gone, except from round my lower legs but that was going slowly.

Kaj stops,so do I,just a stride behind him,waiting to see what he will say,or do. I feel I have returned to myself now. Not in mourn of Sami. She was never mine,never. The small twang of pain hurts less. She was only using me. Kaj lets out a long note as I stick my head forward curiously,wondering what he is doing. A black figure,blacker then the night, appears,my eyes fixed to her. So like Sami. No don't think of her like that. So I don't. Welcome to the World's Edge. I smile. The worlds edge. It sounded so powerful,so great,so holy. I am Mirage. I gaze upon her black body as a golden dragon floats down from above onto Mirage's back,a curious look in its eye.

I bow my scruffy bay head slightly,taking a tiny step forward. "I am Panto." I lift my head up, grinning slightly, forgetting about Sami. This was my new start. Memories of her were not going to destroy it. "Thank you. I was wondering if you would accept me in your herd?" I bring myself up to the heights I could,although it was a perfetic height really,and I try to make myself look as strong as I can.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No words meet golden ears the entirety of the trip. Even as hooves slow to stop, questions and concerns do not arise from the bay stallion standing somewhat behind him. Even Kaj, normally one to rarely speak in the presence of strangers, had inquired about the herd from Tor when she had led him to its misty depths. Nevertheless the stud doesn’t dredge up the energy to judge him. Judging others isn’t something he approves of, after all. Cerulean eyes flickered through the smog, trying to detect any movement from the call he’d put out. Wind tugs playfully at his double toned locks, ruffling his feathers and beckoning him to the skies. It would so painfully easy. The wind off the sea was perfect for the Pegasus line, allowing them the lift they needed even from a dead straight take off. As a colt, Kaj had despised that particular training move. Now, with the wind playing beneath his massive wings, the brute felt as if he could do it within seconds despite his large frame. Energy hummed in his body, traveling like a song through his veins. Pounding his heart faster, pricking aureate listeners further until they seemed to vibrate with tension. Nostrils flared slightly, revealing the inner hidden pink. There was no real way to categorize the scent of the World’s Edge. Dark, moist. Old trees with a lacing of salt and the ever present fog that made him think of rain when inhaled. Home, was all he could truly call it. It was his job to bring home members, but the skies called to him. Beckoned him with her tendrils of air, giggling and dancing away like a shy maiden before returning once more. It was a bond just as deep as the one being forged by him in the very moments he spent in the Edge. A love of the sky, of her infinite beauty.

Flying was to be for another day, for the shadows and mist parted to reveal a mistress cloaked in ink and shadows. Upon her spine rested a regal creature, draconic by blood and clearly bonded to the lass that stepped out from their territory. His regal queen approached with a look of indifference, though crown bowed earthward to show that she was not oblivious to the fact they were kin. Her words embraced them with an accent he wasn’t familiar with, though it was hardly strong enough for him to notice it more than as a passing thought. Eyes remain on Panto, though her intonations speak to him as well and he offers her a dip of his head and a respectful smile. Before she has even announced herself, he knows who she is. It is obvious in the way she is poised, the way she speaks. The look that lingers in her eyes, the strength of character he can detect so easily. It is clearly the famed Mirage, leader of the Edge returned at last. When she speaks her name it only confirms the thought that had no traces of doubt. She was born a leader and can’t hide the way she moves and acts. It’s born into you, and Kaj finds he is eager to get to know her later on. A different time and day, he tells himself. At that moment, Panto’s acceptance was all that mattered. Even so he must speak, and forces himself to do so through a deeply cleared throat. ”Kaj, my leader.” Deep rumble echoing from his lips, though it is not as awkward as it would seem for one who hardly speaks. Firm and respectful, eyes meeting hers with a fleeting smile for a moment.

Panto reacts well, head lowering to show he is not meaning to challenge the authority she holds even in a relaxed posture. Kaj takes a step back and neck arches high, no longer the one that lead Panto there but the Protector his title claims. It is up to Panto to impress Mirage, though baby blue irises remain soft and encouraging. Nevertheless they are firm, knowing that Mirage had the ability to push him away with one word. There is nothing to say, and so no words fall from his lips. Instead tucking in his wings and patiently waiting, knowing that this exchange is between Mirage and Panto alone unless his mistress asked him a question of some sort. Watching the conversation but not intruding, remembering his own acceptance where Tor had hardly spoken a word before turning and leaving him to his own devices.

larfsalot.deviantart.com

The direct way in which the young stallion steps forth to introduce himself, and ask for acceptance is endearing to the WeyrLeader. The kind façade she wore softened further, a sparkle of playfulness lighting up her charming golden gaze. The mare pulled herself into action before responding, throwing Kaj a small, smirking glance as she closed the gap between herself and the small bay equine. Her muzzle reached out to him, hoping to rub against his shoulder, drink his scent, and get a closer look at the scrubby, scratched, beat-up bodice of Panto. She was curious of the story behind every line, she longed to be told of his history, of the path that had brought him here. With a low whicker, she encouraged the youth to return the motion, she found that when she associated new scents to her memory along with physical touches, she was better able to relate to those who shared her herdland.

"It would be a pleasure, Panto, to call you a friend, and herdmate." The mare continued to walk then, around the form of Panto, approaching the winged chassis of Kaj now. She repeated her motion, extending her muzzle to him, wanting to show him her gratitude for his diligence, his loyalty despite having never meeting her before, his obvious devotion; an emotion they shared in common, for the protection and preservation of their homeland. Warm breath cascaded over his hide, nostrils flared and drank the downy scent of the stallion, relishing and finding comfort in the scent of the Edge that was so deeply endowed in the steed. "It is most comforting to meet a Protector so keen on his duties, Kaj." Akaith had lingered upon the back of her bonded the entire time, looking between the stallions with silent curiosity, before abruptly taking to the air again, and getting lost amongst the canopy.

"Akaith approves of you too." Mirage said, looking upwards to where her beloved tumbled about the breeze and leaves. "Both of you." She added, to ensure the compliment was properly shared.

Panto Posts: 15
World's Edge Stallion
Stallion :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 3
Daisy

I can't help but put on a grin. Here I was,scruffy little me,in the presence of a leader,as Kaj had confirmed for him,and a worthy stallion. Both handsome,both powerful and they were considering me to join. It didn't seem right that they should accept me,a small pony in a world of powerful horses? As mirage comes closer to nuzzle me I to return the nuzzle to the shoulder,drinking in her scent and I suspect she is doing the same. It would be a pleasure, Panto, to call you a friend, and herdmate. My grin widens more. I am lost in a world of joy then look to Kaj as Mirage gives him her word of thanks. I feel happy for him,he was the kindest horse I have meet.

My eyes glance round though rows of trees,the mist still swirling round my legs. It is totally different to my previous home,but I could get used to it. For s start it was a lot more interesting,with the mist and the trees,and the name of this place. Worlds edges. It sounds rather magical doesn't it?
Akaith approves of you too. I look towards the golden dragon with a smile still plastered firmly to my maw. I can not say anything to the both except. "Thank you,both of you."

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kaj knows when the moment has passed, when Panto has gained acceptance without words ever leaving dark maw of his queen. Eyes soften, glitter with a faint emotion Kaj cannot place. The golden brute is proud to have brought someone to her that is valuable, that she approves of. He has proved himself, even if a tiny bit. She cast him a small smirk, hardly noticeable, and he let out a deep chuckle. Hardly able to contain it, though it is almost like a low drawl if it is possible. Allowing the two the time they need to acquaint themselves, for Mirage to decide if Panto is worthy of the Edge name. No, not name. It is a title, a medal worn in a fiercely proud manner upon one’s breast. It lays over your heat, it is a part of you. You are the Edge. At least, that is how Kaj feels. The gap is closed between leader and recruit, extending muzzle to inhale the scent of what would become their brother. Kaj watched in polite curiosity as the exchange began. It was almost as if he could see the scent that changed, as if it were possible to see the scents that clung to him and Mirage slowly reach out and take hold of Panto’s bodice. Infusing it with the marking that would never be visible, but would always remain on his coat nevertheless. Kaj wore it with honor, and knew Panto would as well. He trusted his character, and knew he would make a wonderful addition to the Edge. Verbal words from his mistress only serve to strengthen what Kaj had already known, accepting the bay creature into their midst. Hopefully for life, though in Kaj’s mind he didn’t consider anything else. Perhaps it would be a downfall in the future.

Thoughts are banished and focus upon his leader as she moves, striding slowly over to him. Baby blues watch her carefully, welcoming her into his presence even if she is the one welcoming him officially into the land he has already taken to calling home. Blackened maw is extended, and with a small understanding smile Kaj stretched aureate neck so that muscles gleamed under the faint sunlight. Bright nostrils meet hers in a tender touch, inhaling her scent and breathing softly, allowing her to drink in whatever it is she needs from him. He records her into his memory, her sweet yet strong scent that reminds him of the bell flowers of his homeland that only bloomed at night. It only strengthens the loyalty he feels to her, though he does not wish to remember his past home. This, now, is his home. Pride blossoms like those flowers now in his breast, and he shows it on his visage with traces of gratitude and thanks. Golden specimen takes to the sky then, bored it seemed of the conversation. Even so Kaj smiles, slightly amused as he replies. "Thank you, m’Lady. It’s a pleasure to serve you," he states almost fiercely. Although Kaj’s type of fierceness is more like a sturdy boulder, one that only celestial influence will shake or move. Hard and everlasting, meaning what he says in his deep bass voice. Again she speaks and he withdraws, knowing the process is finished. He does not need to state that he finds every menial task almost exciting, wishing to prove himself. Wishing for toil that can concentrate his flighty mind. Crown raises again to a proud height, smiling when sentiment is shared that her bonded has approved of them. Panto speaks then, thanking him, and he nods his head regally to him with a kind smile. Showing that there is no need to thank, for they are brothers now, and Kaj is happy to add numbers of able bodies to his home. Eyes watching the golden draconic figure with barely suppressed awe. He wishes for a companion, one to call his own. Yet, it is still a foreign subject to him. Nevertheless it’s an honor that her bonded, such a rare creature, approves of them in any way. Though the dragon actually seemed rather bored to him, he is amused to note.

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Looking between the stallions, she is pleased, and actually shows it by allowing her smile to soften, to reach her eyes, to permeate across the entirety of her expression. Perhaps it was the bemused way in which the stallions looked at her bonded, perhaps it was the way in which her bonded so artfully ignored the newcomers, aside from her previous observations, or perhaps it was simply the way of the little shadow mare, to find amusement and laughter in almost any situation. Whatever the case may be, she curved her lips to the stallions, nodding her tiara to herself, in approval, again. She would have to have deeper discussions with these steeds, at a later date, for the duties of a Leader were neverending, and she was pushing her time to ensure the security and happiness of her whole herd for the day if she lingered here much longer.

"Show your gratitude by continuing to serve the lands well, my kin." The mare spoke warmly, voice coated with honey and accented with kindness. There was a smile curving her words too, and then a small, musical laugh resonated from her maw like angel's harps being strum by the expert hands of the almighty Moon Goddess herself. Playfully she trotted away from them a few strides, tossing her elegant tiara, dancing lightly upon her slender limbs. Akaith warbled from above, before swooping in play with her bonded, grabbing at the dark, silky mane of the WeyrLeader before disappearing again. "I must take my leave for now, as my duties require me elsewhere, but know this; you are part of the World's Edge now, and we are family."

Leaning back on her haunches, the mare draped her illusionary cloak across her, before dancing away from the stallions and being swallowed up by the shadows of the forest. Above her, parading as a glimmer of sunlight amidst the canopy, flew Akaith, giving the only hint as to where the little shadow had gone.

[ ooc || Sorry for short and for exiting the thread, but I need to wrap up more of Mirage's threads and this one seemed pretty well finished <3 If either of you ever want to RP with her, just set up a board and shoot me a PM, and I'll get there ^_^ ]