the Rift

Observation of Life and Death (Open!)

Whimsical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Whimsical

T’was a quaint day. Boring, and dull and nothing seemed to entertain this cremello filly. Her blue orbs were inquisitive in retrospect to the dull surroundings of the forest. Her Rose tinted nostrils took in the lush fragrance of coniferous trees. Being an over reactive fellow she felt a tickle deep in her nasal passages. Dirt... It crept into her lungs causing a hard and rather vocal sneeze. The rumbling resonated between the trees and drum of wings erupted from a branch above as angry song birds tweeted in distain for her un-lady like gesture. Crossing her eyes she arched her neck trying to focus on the tip of her nose as if trying to see if any residue was left visible for others to see. Whimsical was a rather young and immature filly. Full of adventure and curiosity and obviously without manners.

But do not judge this curious creature for innocence. In her life she simply has not yet been corrupted by the evils of the world. Greed, lust, and envy have yet to appear in her life she was a book open to be written. The story is at the hands of the writer; she could be corrupted or hidden from all evil in hopes to keep that innocence. She could be molded and formed into a slave, into a leader, into another generic creature of the world. She had personality that could be changed, for nothing is written in stone in a book of life. Forever changing forever tainted with lyrics of the writer. Whimsica'sl physical appearance was still unscathed from weathering and age. She carried a dished nose that cradled her ears that curved towards each other. A desert breed (kathiawari) built on endurance and elegance. She lacks pigmentation thus her skin pink, eyes blue, and hide a milky white. The coloring was not particularly rare but neither common. This filly had no special attributes, no horn, no wings, and obviously no specific abilities. Her own ability was her innocence, and pages of life ready to be written, or ready to be torn.

Moments after her uncanny sneeze she carefully moved her dainty frame through the wicker of branches. They grabbed for her main and scratched on the sides of withers while wrapping around her legs. She was searching for a clearing an open space so she could try and be a socialite. Meet a few others and enjoy the company and perhaps give her a plot and reason for her life. So she wasn’t just a waste of a breathe wasting away the oxygen provided from nature around them. Sudden excitement and energy entered her veins picking up the pace to a lofty jog. Her concaved ears swiveled on their axis with alert attention to pick up any unnerving sounds of predation. Continuing her pace she manages to dirty her legs a light brown and the tips of mane mangled in a tassel with dirt. What an awful site she was.

Reaching a small clearing she drifted to a halt. This clearing was created due to a small fire. Dead ashes of a small patch of trees littered the ground. Lowering her nose she sniffed the bark only to let out another unnaturally loud sneeze. Shaking her head in embarrassment whimsical figured this would be the best place to take a break. Saddened by the death she observed the cycle of death first hand. Moving to another tree she saw the first signs of primary growth. Small mosses covered a rock with small rooted grass plants scattering patches of soil. These plants toook advantage of the field as they currently had no competition to fight for sunlight and nutrients. The start of new life. A sign that the world never stops spinning in a non-ending circle of life and death. Whimsical had too much curiosity that this one field could intrigue for hours on end as she observed every crevice. Her awareness around her decreased. No longer worried about the ability to socialize with other companions. She was an easy target to be snuck up on or easy to observe at a distance. But who knows if she would notice an onlooker from afar at this point she was suddenly too entertained with her new finding.

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

She moved with a strange sort of grace, her thoughts clearly preoccupied as she gingerly picked her way through the dense vegetation that made up Helovia’s Threshold. The mare’s ivory mane swayed slightly with every step that she took, tail flicking slightly to keep the flies from landing upon her hide. Azure eyes were halfway covered by her long forelock, and on more than one occasion the Haflinger tossed her head to the side to rid the cumbersome lock of hair from her gaze. Once more, Romani found herself in the forest of arrival, the part of Helovia where all newcomers ventured into the land. Some would go to herds, others would join the outcast bands that littered the land, and some, well… The palomino didn’t want to think of the others that weren’t lucky enough to find those to find them, and lead them to a home.

At her side, little Kasai trotted along quietly, sending curious vibes through the internal bond that equine and tiger shared. Every day the tigress cub seemed to grow and develop more and more, becoming far more independent than the first day Romani had found her in the Sacred Grove. The black and white cub filled her days with joy, loving the companionship, but strangely, since she had received her beloved companion, things had become strange for the Haflinger mare. Strange and troubling.

First, it had been Abdullah, the Arabian mare of the Foothills who had claimed that she had known Romani on a personal level. They had been friends, Abdullah had said, but for the life of her Romani simply couldn’t remember the dappled grey. Next, had been Xanthos, the handsome grullo Unicorn she had met in the Thistle Meadow. Or… Had they already known each other? There was nothing the palomino could to do shake the sight of heartbreak from Xanthos’ chiseled face, his soulful golden eyes filling her with an unfathomable kind of sadness as she admitted that no, she didn’t know him… It was becoming so very frustrating.

With a toss of her head, the Haflinger gave a harsh snort in an attempt to clear the troublesome thoughts from her mind. This was supposed to be a relaxing walk, a chance to breathe in the fresh air of the Threshold to try and forget her worries, even if it was for a short time… At her side, Kasai’s little ears flicked to the side, her pearly nose twitching as a scent crossed the cub’s senses. A second later, the scent crossed Romani’s nostrils and the mare paused mid-step, glancing down to eye her companion closely. While a rare occurrence, Kasai did tend to wander off on her own… That was, after all, how she had met Levi.

Her crisp, azure eyes took in the form of a white mare, clearly female by her scent. For a moment Romani waited and watched, taking in the sight of the stranger that curiously seemed to be investigating something, her attention completely enraptured by whatever it was she was looking at. The cremello’s scent was strange, foreign, and the palomino realized that she had probably just wandered into the Threshold. Dark lips upturning in a small smile, the warrior stepped forward through the brush, Kasai following her, tail flicking left and right.

Keeping that same smile on her lips, she spoke. “Greetings, madam,” Romani said kindly, dipping her head forward in a polite gesture, “Welcome to Helovia. I am Romani, warrior of the Windtossed Foothills… Pleasant weather, hm?”

[OOC: Sorry, dear… Not my best post. XD]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Unregistered

"The quiet serenity that whimsical was entrapped by was quickly disrupted. Her trance and captivation by nature erupted and all thoughts cascaded from her mind. The thicket of brush rustled and a breath not her own entered her clearing of dead trees. Tension traced like an electrical spark through her body. Muscles working like a well-oiled machine wrapped around her legs contracted and expanded with great explosion of power. It was only instinct to react in such a manner, as their genes are evolved with fight or flight instincts. With Whimsicals athletic and sporty build it was quite obvious she preferred the response of flight. It was all within a moment of one breathe that the mare’s relaxed body turned into a spark of athletism. She recoiled into the air moving her head just enough so her blue eyes could capture the entity that walked to her presence.

Golden and sturdy with flaxen mane a beautiful blue eyes. A scent of a mare, and unknown to whimsical. All this information whizzed through her ever ticking mind before her feet reached the comfort of the ash laden soil surrounding the two equines. Balancing on the tips of her hooves still uncertain. Granted this wasn’t the normal reaction Whimsical responded with. Normally she was a quite confident mare just rather… jittery and easily spooked. And with her ever wandering mind she was caught off guard quite often. Letting her muscles relax slightly as the two equines stood chest to chest with a comfortable distance the two. She tilted her head ever so slightly in response to the words received and processed by Whimsical. Weather seemed to be the subject. Rather bland, but an endearing attempt to start a conversation between the two strangers. Whimsical allowed herself to fall into the generic conversation. ”Ah Hello Romani? She said quizzically as if to question whether she pronounced the name correctly backed to the golden mare. But continued on her response without waiting for approval ”Yes, I suppose the weather is pleasant…. Nye rather bland with no personality.. She retorted contradicting her first statement. There wasn’t a touch of wind to play at her mane nor mist of fog to make a mysterious setting, or even a cloud in the sky to which one could creatively make shapes out of. Weather was bland and boring like never ending pattern of trees bestowed in every direction she could look.

”Non the less, excuse my reaction I had not expected one to find me so soon in this maze of trees. But I am Whimsical.” She was being rather polite for her usual self. But she wished to investigate this mare. What life story could unfold from this mare, what questions could whimsical leak out of her. She was much too curious for her own good. A slight inviting smile reaches at the tips of her mouth. An inviting one, simply to ease any possible tension she had created through her rather abrupt reaction. Yes this filly was not graceful, or fluid with her motions. She was rather heavy footed and dense in the idea of being dainty and ‘pretty’. But she was an athlete ready to move at the wisp of a sound. Just as the filly was relaxing an unfamiliar scent reached into her nostrils. A red flag resonated through her body. The scent of a meat eater, a creature every instinct in her body loathed. Her blue eyes caught hold of this odd looking predator she had not seen the likes of his breed before. It was small and rather fragile looking. Whimsical decided it wasn’t a threat but neither would she wish to keep it around when it did grow into its adult form.

Tipping her head gesturing to the black cub of a creature she spoke rather bluntly. ”That yours I assume?”. She didn’t wish to be rude with her words but she eyed the creature doubtfully. New to these lands she wasn’t quite sure of their foreign…. Relationships….. With other creatures. Her eyes did not leave the sight of the tiger but she didn’t look tense as though she were on guard either. More or less neutral territory on her comfort with this new situation.

OCC: No worries its always hard to start off a random post. And im still getting a feelign for this girl anyways :P"

Photo and table by Tamme

Romani

Azure eyes watched in surprise as the mare before her spun on her haunches, taken surprise by the Haflinger’s entrance. Immediately a feeling of regret blossomed in her breast, for she hadn’t meant to startle the ivory creature. Now that they were standing face to face, however, the mare was somewhat pleased to see that they didn’t have much of a height difference between them. As a Haflinger, and naturally stocky and compact, it wasn’t often that Romani didn’t have to lift her head to regard those around her. It was almost like Helovia was an attraction to tall equines… With a soft chuckle a slight shake of her head, the mare returned all attention on the dainty cremello standing only a few paces away.

“Oh, no, it’s alright dear,” Romani said with a soft, kind smile, eyes welcoming and her stance relaxed, “Perhaps I should have announced myself a bit better, as not to startle you.” She listened with respect as the cremello mare introduced herself as Whimsical. It was an odd name, she surmised, but it wasn’t in her place to judge. “It’s wonderful to meet you, Whimsical.”

The ivory mare’s eyes seemed to focus on little Kasai, wariness growing in their depths. Instinctively Romani dipped her muzzle down towards the said cub, nodding her head at Whimsical’s words. “Yes, she is mine… Her name is Kasai, and she is my beloved companion.” Idly the warrior wondered if Whimsical, perhaps, thought that Kasai would attempt to harm her. The tigress, of course, wouldn’t harm another equine unless they were an enemy of Romani’s, but even then she had a lot of growing to do before she could obtain such a prey as large as a horse. “Don’t worry; she won’t harm you, dear. Kasai is very well-behaved.”

Deciding to change the subject away from her companion’s innocence, the mare took a step forward, tilting her head in curiosity. “So… What brings you to Helovia?”

[OOC: I apologize, again, for the wait… I have a TON of posts I’m juggling, and I just don’t have the time to get to them all as quickly as I’d like. XD]

Unregistered

" Whimsical would have to learn to relax around the scent of a predator but she attempted to press the creature away from her mind. The cremello filly thought of her name. Strange it may be but there was a reason behind it. By definition whimsical meant to play in a quaint of fanciful way as to be amusing. As a young foal she was the clown of the group. Her concave ears light dished face and sheer white coat with pink under tones. The white fire had quite the spunk in her as well racing the fields with the colts. But unfortunately as she grew she became a quite less dainty and fanciful but amusing she did become.

This mare asked the point of Whimsical being here. The fact was Whimsical had no real reason for being coming to this land. More she was searching for a path or a calling some would say. She needed something to happen in her life whether good or bad she was no longer entertained. So I guess she needed something to entertain her.

Whimsical cleared her throat momentarily before she spoke. ”I suppose the same reason every other equine is visiting. That is to find a place to belong too, but more to find a calling where I can be a benefit to something higher then myself.” Yes it was generic response but it was what it was. She’s not searching for a mate for she was too young to fall in love. She was far too young for a commitment. Freedom was her power at this moment."

OOC: No worries :) Haha sorry for short reply got a busy day today!!

Freedom is Power
Power is Dangerous

Photo and tab

Romani

It wasn’t long before Romani received the answer she had been waiting for, and hoping to hear. With a slight tilt of her head, ears swiveling forward to face the ivory mare, she listened in polite silence.

’I suppose the same reason every other equine is visiting. That is to find a place to belong to, but more to find a calling where I can be a benefit to something higher than myself.’ It was admirable desire, the palomino surmised, a small smile twitching her dark lips upwards. Was it not instinct in a horse to find somewhere to belong? To join others like themselves and thrive in a herd? Pausing in such thoughts, Romani chuckled softly to herself. It hadn’t been long ago that the thought of a herd, or joining one, was on the back-burner of her mind. As a wanderer, the mare had no use for herds… She had only ventured to where her heart and told her to go. It had led her to Helovia, where she had settled down… Perhaps that same, adventuring yearning is what had brought Whimsical to the lands?

“Whimsical,” the mare said softly, azure eyes twinkling with joy, “If you’re searching for a home, for somewhere to belong and find reason and satisfaction, allow me to extend an invitation to you to join my homeland, the Foothills. It’s a beautiful place; a mountainous region with plentiful to eat and drink, and space to run and stretch your legs… There are also a vast amount of ranks within our herd that may interest you, and perhaps there you’ll find the drive you so desperately seek?” As she spoke, Romani was once again wondering just why she had chosen the path of the Warrior instead of the Diplomat… Her words were good weapons on their own, but if she could bodily protect her body from harm, than she would do so in a heartbeat.

“Or, if you should so choose not to come home with me, I would be more than happy to lead you on to another herd? There’s other herdlands here in Helovia; the Dragon’s Throat, the World’s Edge, and the Aurora Basin, but… I fear you won’t be allowed in their home without scorn, for some of their ranks are made up of the most brutal, racist Unicorns you’d ever have met, who don’t take lightly to those without horns upon their heads.” A strange note of distaste entered the palomino’s voice as she spoke of the Unicorns that resided in the Basin, but it was short lived. With a shake of her head, cumbersome mane flopping rather gracelessly onto the opposite side of her neck, she waited for Whimsical to decide what she wanted to do, that same welcoming smile on her dark lips.

[OOC: Okay, I posted… Once again, I’m so, so sorry that I forgot about this thread. D: <3 <3]