the Rift

pirates. we need to talk.

Cormac Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

C O R M A C ;; I am the barbarian.

The stallion emerges out of the water in a cascade of glittering droplets, head glinting ebony first. He is fierce, hungry, tired of this waiting the Water Lord has condemned him too. Oh how he lusts to fight and run upon the earth, attack and become the warrior again. How he wants to become leader, to assert himself over the Pirates that have slowly trickled away from him. He needs to talk, despite his preference to action. So the Warlord drags his body out of the water, despite the faint tingling sensation that acquires it. For a long second he tries to breathe- and then with a thunderous crash, the boss falls onto his flank, gills gasping open to allow the water flooding in.

For a moment the stallion gives himself this reprieve, before slinking back deeper into the shallows, where only his head and a sliver of his neck remains above the ocean. The sun glitters, glares at him, from high noon, but the sky is blue and the clouds are thick. Inside, he collects himself, summons himself, and then lets out his call- "Pirates!" It's a bellow, a savage roar, that calls for immediate attention.

The barbarian, the man-whore, is not good at being quiet or patient, so he moves restlessly. What he needs is a good, able mare who can keep her head and remind him when to stop wanting to fight. The water glistens around his sodden neck, froths, and a shark circles at his feet. "Out!" Cormac snarls, smashing it with his hinds. It darts away with a flick of a black-tipped tail.

Now he only has to wait.

[Meeting for all pirates. Mandatory, please, unless on AA]

shi-stock | elope

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered

With a scatter of sand Corsair lunged forwards into a gallop, mane and corks flying at his carefree pace. The sun seeped into his skin in a beautiful way that made him nicker in the joy, it smelt salty and the sea lapped in gentle harmony. The pirate's lad wondered if a mare would see him, if he would be like the stallion's in their dreams, running down the beach in all his handsome vigour. His daydream was cut short by a shattering call from Cormac, a hardy fellow with a seeming mind for leading, Corsair found the likely captain agreeable. As all sailor men did, as long as he was fed and well looked after. Most captains were... Agreeable. He quickly turned his gallop in the direction of the call and soon found himself in the presence of the angered fellow.

"Alstarboard cap'ain, keep 'ur kickers on" he said as he arrived before him. In his typical roguish manner, acting a face of exaggerated offence. Corsair didn't quite remember agreeing to become 'his pirate' but these things happened and the rum child just kept quiet and did as told most of the time. All pirates knew a mutiny could only happen when all the crew agreed, otherwise your trap stayed shut and you cleaned your deck.

His tail thrashed between his legs with expectancy, wondering why they had been called and what they may have to do. Corsair held back a grumble, he dearly hoped it wasn't anything too bothering, he wanted to go travel and find the mares of this land. Clearly they were in dire need of them. There was only so much sand and sea one could take without seeing the splendours of a ripe mare throwing suggestive looks. The image that formed in his mind thereafter was rather entertaining and kept Corsair quiet as he waited.

[Image: 50f03b5b5d58d]

Vicer Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Arrogantly, slowly, the bright chestnut equine ambled down the beach. He was heeding Cormac's call, but only at his own pace. Vicer, while excited at the prospect of joining another bachelor band, this time with what seemed like a real leader instead of a weak-hearted gelding, was still Vicer. Which meant it took a lot to gain his obedience, and even then one could expect him to be rather obstinate. Still, it seemed Cormac was rather ticked about something, and it was in his best interests to pay attention, for now.

Nearing the shallows where Cormac was waiting, he noticed another of the group, a bay, was standing there as well. Equine like himself, with what appeared to be corks in his mane. Vicer gave his own richly-colored mane a shake. Why would he need anything to enhance his looks? True, he wasn't the sleekest stallion out there, but he rather like to think he had a rougeish look about him. He was tough, dangerous, and took no lip from anyone except whatever leader managed to earn his respect.

Stepping beside the bay, he dipped his head to look down at Cormac. "You called, captain?" he asked, a slight smirk curling his lips at the sight of Cormac's fishy affliction. No matter how many times he said he was only going to to be like this for Birdsong, the sight would always amuse him. And until he could get back up on land to kick and bite, he just wouldn't be able to show him much respect. Arrogant and young was a dangerous combination.

Yin and Yang Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[[Kraken's account is being deleted, so let's say he left Helovia]]

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

There is something behind the throne
Quilyan
greater than the king himself.
He wasn't far away when he heard the call, but he was far above; from his positio in the sky, he watched as the stallion that called himself captain emerged from below the water's surface. Briefly, he wondered how he was able to survive - was he a demi-god, or was it simply some magic bestowed by the gods? Either way, the god-touched deserved respect, however loathe he was to give it. Besides, he had a feeling that he would enjoy the company of this raggety band of outcasts.

For a moment longer, he enjoyed the feeling of the sun on his outstretched wings, gliding so easily on the spring breeze. But then he folded his wings and dropped like a rock. Wind whistled through his bi-colored mane. He squinted his violet orbs against the sudden burst of air. As he neared the ground, his wings flared again, allowing him to drift easily to the dunes below. Hooves firmly on the ground, he shook his wings, stretched, and then tucked them away. "At your command, my liege," he said dryly to Cormac before glancing at the others assembled, noting that his brother was not among them. Where was Erigor, anyway?

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil | VenomXBaby | NewdyStock | BurtN | SimplyBackgrounds
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Unregistered

One by one the few of his group come trickling back, perhaps drawn to him again, by his heart of iron and his need for mischief and trouble. There is Corsair, the charmingly young lad who mumbles something about not needing to lose his hooves over being slow. Another fellow- chestnut, with the arrogant smirk of a stallion never beaten, and if he has, he is too caught up in himself to learn from the mistakes; and lastly the pegasus, glistening like the sun painted with clouds. Three. He hides his disappointment behind an strong face (where have all the others gone? One, two are missing.) and instead says-

"I'm sorry I have not spoken to you before this date much later." He says, voice still as hard as the rocks which the ships smash themselves against. There is no doubting despite his apology, he is still as strong a leader as ever. For another slow moment he waits, but there seems to be no others coming. He admits defeat, and Cormac begins- "Our numbers are few, something which troubles me. Nevertheless, you have come to be with me early, and for that you will be rewarded." The stallion inhales sharply.

There are three courses of action he can see- either, for him to merge into a herd and try to displace the leader within, and then call in the stallions, have the numbers grow and invade, and the third possibility is to remain in the Endless Blue. But for once, Cormac wanted a vote. "As I'm sure you are aware, we are fighters and warriors, thiefs and pirates. I hope that in time, we will rise to more than this, to become a herd ourselves, to have a homeland we can keep safe. But there is another, quicker choice- by the end of Birdsong, I will no longer be indisposed as I am now. I can join a herd and challenge, then call you in. Or we can go with the former. Rather than decide myself, I want you to vote." Was Cormac aware of the wrath he may inflict upon himself should he see this? To become an usurper? Would this question his morality?

Wait- he has no morales like that, not for a while.

shi-stock | elope

Vicer Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Vicer listened as Cormac spoke, chest swelling with arrogance as he called them fighters and warriors. Well, he didn't mean to brag or anything, buuut...

Cormac's proposals caught him by surprise. Invade a herdland? Take over? His lips curled in a malicious smile.

How vicious. Now this was a leader he could get behind.

But it wouldn't be as simple as going in and booting out the resident lead stallion. Should they succeed, they would find themselves at the herd of an almost-certainly unwieldy group of horses who would no doubt resent their takeover. Mutiny would be a constant threat until they could coerce everyone into submission. In a rare moment of intelligence, the chestnut considered their options, shifting his weight to one side. "Well, Cap," he began, "if you do manage to win the fight, it would make everyone, through all Helovia, sit up and take notice of the Pirates." He grinned. "A perfect debut for the band. But see, those conquered horses aren't just going to lie down and take it. We'll probably see a lot of uprisings until we can get them to settle back down."

He shifted his weight to the other side. "Or, we can stake out this stretch of beach and make it our home. Anyone who comes in better have a damn good reason to, or risk getting a beating. We'd be smaller in number, but you'd have a few loyal horses under your command instead of many who distrust you."

Unregistered

Quilyan and Corsair are silent, alone in their thoughts, and Cormac finds himself mildly annoyed by this. Will they not share their input on such a simple thing? Do they not want to be conquerors, as pirates rightfully deserve? Pirates have anything they want and can get anything they want- do they simply not want this treasure, this glorious treasure of a home? But the chestnut, Vicar, speaks up, and Cormac grins in a fiendish way.

Oh yes, there would be uprisings, he must conclude. Excellent. They could figure out that mess easily, should they be part of it- but he didn't want to deal with mutiny and scoundrels. Invasion would be much preferred to becoming a tyrant.

"You are, of course, correct, Vicer." Cormac said thoughtfully, mane twisting in the cool waters. "I say we keep this stretch of beach as ours for now. I suggest that you steal, co-erce, bribe, whoever- bring them to me. But be polite. And recruit, boys, recruit mares or stallions, please. That's what we need."

shi-stock | elope

Aerwela Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Aerwela

"What is this talk of Pirates I'm hearing?" She steps briskly into the mouth of the sea, the breakers crashing against her forelegs in a great saline spray. Beads of water fling in all directions, embracing her amazonian coat like a kindred lover. She moves closer, wading through the brine in pursuit of the horses gathered not so far away.

The sunlight glints atop the thrashing water, breeding small pearls along the surface of its sapphire depths. It showers her in warmth as she steps forth and examines this group of 'pirates.' She heard stories of them as a filly, tales told by her father when sleep beckoned and the young filly was too stubborn to succumb to its whims. Her father had told her many tales as a child; filled her mind with fairy tales and lies which she was always skeptical of. To see a pirate in the flesh brings her mirth. These were far from the plunderous scallywags she had heard about. A wry smile plaits her features. "Quite a motley group if I say so myself. Surely this is not your entire crew, Captain. I must say it's a bit lacking." She says teasingly, her voice laden in a heavy, Spanish accent. "Perhaps I could help remedy this issue of numbers."

She turned to the stallion reminiscent of a fish, his flanks adorned by large slits which heaved and fluttered on his sides. "And who are you, sir Cap'n? I must say, your gills are quite flattering." A trill of laughter peeled from her lips, bright and ludic. She found herself to be quite amusive, reveling in this grand opportunity to stir things up a bit. This land was boring, she decided. It had been far too long since last she had a good laugh. Flicking her tail idly, the majority skimming across the water, she stood with a wry smirk spread along her features, hoping something worthy of retort would emerge from his lips. She found herself quite desiring of a small battle of wits. Would this so-called Captain prove a worthy opponent?

I've got a skeleton in me

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The husky sound of his captain's voice snapped Corsair back to reality, ears pricked towards the bay. He snorted at the news, standing to his full height, mane and corks flying around his long nape. The meeting no longer seemed boring or unimportant, for Corsair was a Pirate at heart. Without the band, what would he do?

Ignoring the thought, Corsair let out a small nicker. "Aye, cap'ain, you can count on me," He said, the words barely escaping his maw before the okapi printed mare came into his view. She was elegant and flirty with chocolate eyes, certainly a damsel in need of himself. He had seen such interesting colored horses in these lands, not to mention the horns and wings some of the creatures were adorned in, like the new mare.

Corsair watched the mare as she presented herself to his captain, far too flirtatious for his likings. He wouldn't dare disrespect Cormac, so he kept his mouth shut, but watched the mare enticingly. He flashed her a smile; doing anything to get the lassie's pretty brown eyes back on him.

[Image: 50f03b5b5d58d]