the Rift

To Visit A Friend [Kimber]

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
(timed after his fight with D'Art)

Sore and stiff, the painted draft knight had begun his way home. The dust had barely settled with his fight with the glass horned bastard when he turned and merely left. As he began to walk home, his shoulder ached and the cuts on his shoulder also stung slightly. But instead of going back to the World's Edge, the knight made a different turn. He moved instead into the boarders of the Windtossed Foothills, his former home. It seemed as if the winds of change had been making a mess of the Foothills, and the young draft wanted to make sure an old childhood friend was alright.

Respectfully he did stop, just inside the boarder just in case any new warriors should find him first. Brown eyes looked around before calling out over the land. "Hey Kimber, you still hanging in here?" He whinnied playfully trying to push his pain away. He was here to see how she was after all. He had not seen the dove since the herd meeting when she had spoken up. It had not been long after that he and the others had marched to war to claim the Edge as their own. He wondered how Archibald was as well, but figured the larger draft could handle himself. Why the paint found himself suddenly so worried about Kimber's well being was beyond him.. but he had to find out somehow right? No better time that the present do do just that. Even if he probably looked a mess from fighting.

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Kimber Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 4 (Ages in Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Kaiden :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Kachie
Ears swiveled as a familiar voice called her name, and the young mare lifted her head from her quiet grazing with a curious expression. Aaron? Seeking her? Never one to not listen to her curiosity, much less such an oblivious request for her presence, she picked up into an easy canter. Heading for the borders, she moved down from the hills and through the trees, moving at a speed that would have been reckless in another, over trails little worn. But the most direct route, she well knew.

Swiftly she came to him, eager to see an old friend even if she didn't know why he was there. Her pace slowed only after she burst from the tree cover, weight shifting onto her haunches to rapidly decelerate instead of just rush right up to him. Had he been Ricochet, she wouldn't have bothered so much. But a friend was different than a brother, in some fashion she couldn't quite explain even to herself.

"Aaron!" She greeted him enthusiastically as she paced the last steps to him. Dark muzzle was extended to his paler one, and only then did she notice how battered he looked. "What have you been up to? You're all battered and bruised." Concern lit her blue eyes as her mind spun with the possibilities. Had something happened in the Edge? To Mother or Israfel? Was that why he came seeking her? But at the same time she wasn't worried, for there was no sense of urgency in the young painted stallion. That just left her feeling somewhat confused.

She came, just as he hoped she would. The moment she burst from the cover of the trees he smiled. Once again he really found himself wondering why he cared so much about the grulla. Was it because they had known each other the longest? Gently he reached out to touch her muzzle in return before speaking. "I'm alright... Things have been rough the last few months. The herd we drove out of the Edge had been taking members from us by stealth. They took my mother..." Here his eyes darkened only for a moment at the thought of the bastard that held his mother captive. "I fought her captor for her freedom.." He quickly changed the subject not wanting to think about if his mother was free or not.

"How have you been? Everything alright in the Foothills?" In all honesty he wanted to ask if she was alright. She was the last friend he seemed to still know now, as Phi had long since fallen of his radar. The last time he had seen her she had seemed sad. Aaron stepped closer, his brown eyes looking to her blue ones and saw her concern. "Don't worry so much, trust me." He shifted slightly, lifting his left front leg from the ground to allow it to rest for a few minutes before shifting to hold the weight from his left hind. He knew he would need to be tended to soon, but he had to check to see if his friend was alright before going home. Deep inside he wished she had joined them in World's Edge, but at the same time he felt the pull to come back to the Windtossed Foothills. It was time he branched out on his own.. But not until his mother was home with his half sister.

""

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Hidden Account
Gently her ears quivered as she listened to him speak, explaining the ways that life had been complicated. They lay sharply back at the mention of how his mother was stolen, yet lifted again when he spoke of fighting. Ah, so that explained it. "Sore losers, to not accept their loss quietly." And cruel, to steal away those who lived with Mother and Mirage. Kimber was well aware of the family-like connection that group had, though she was not directly linked to it aside from blood bonds.

"I have been well, though there has been much turmoil within the Foothills." She murmured, accepting his changing of topics. But her blue eyes trailed over his hurts, arousing a latent desire to keep another safe. "Paladin and Soleil left, leaving Evers and Svetlana and Ricochet in charge. Brother got driven away because he can't help but not like some. Archibald replaced him. And now Jackal has fought and cast out Svetlana and Archibald. He fits into the family quite well." Her voice was nonchalant as she told of the multiple changes in leadership, not hinting at the level of concentration that lingered beneath the surface.

A small, pointed face peeked out from under her mane, composed all of water, though it was still possible to determine eyes in that fluid face, alert and watching. A ferret slipped out from its cover there, followed by another. Their forms blurred, melded, grew into an equally water fox that regarded Aaron for a moment before darting down Kimber's back as she shifted closer to the painted steed, leaping to his back and leaving small wet pawprints on his coat. Then it disintegrated back into the ferrets, which slid down to rest on the young stallion's wounds. A cool, wet treatment, but the best that Kimber could manage.

Then a teasing light was regained by the young grulla. "Trust you not to hurt yourself when you come visiting me before a healer? Mother has all the herb skills, not me." Granted, she knew some little bit from exposure, but not enough to make a real difference. Gently, but playfully, she nipped at his mane, tugging on a stray lock for a brief moment before pulling back to regard her friend with laughing eyes.

At her words he nodded in agreement. If those they had outcasted from World's Edge would just back off and leave them alone everything would be alright. Family ties and the feeling as if the Qian was a family had drawn him in, but now it just felt as it something was missing. The World's Edge wasn't home, or at least not like he had thought it was going to be. He fought to gain the Qian a home and to protect his family, but now he remained because of his blood family and duty to the herd. What would they all think if he decided to return to the Windtossed Foothills? Pale ears flickered forward as she spoke of turmoil in the Foothills. His gaze turned from caring to concerned, wondering who had become lead now? She soon explained about the change of hooves the land had been through. No wonder they had been quiet.

It did surprise him however as a small pointed face appeared, made entirely of water. The water ferret slipped out from under her mane followed by another. They soon blurred together and made a fox like creature that looked at him. His head tilted curiously, merely watching as Kimber moved closer suddenly. The water fox moved from her back to his, the coolness of it's paw prints on his coat very pleasant. It then split back into the two ferrets again, resting on his left side where the glass horn had cut him. "Had to come make sure you were alright..." He mumbled. Had his face been able to it would of turned a light pink from embarrassment and shyness. That blush would of darkened as she nipped at his mane and pulled at a stray lock. She pulled back then and looked at him with laughter in her ice blue eyes. It was then and there the bay and white knight promised himself that he would always protect his friend. He never wanted to see the laughing sparkle in her eyes go away.

""

Et Spiritus Sancti

Hidden Account
It amused her, seeing how others reacted to her watery pets. Some ignored them, others regarded them with small curiosity. They were nothing like what Mother shared with Zaffre, but their companionship was a welcome distraction. "The Earth God gave me them, lent me the power to direct them." She said simply in explanation, just in case he might be wondering just how she gained these small creatures.

The laughter in her eyes grew brighter as she sensed his small discomfort over her friendly overtures of intimacy. Ricochet and Jackal never seemed to react this way! It made her curious, enough so that the laughter was joined with inquisitiveness. "I've been better at keeping out of trouble than you." She teased, words entirely truthful. His body was scarred from fighting, hers unscathed. A situation she doubted would last long once she began training with the Foothills warriors. Secretly she hoped she could score the mentorship of the mysterious black duo of Madryn and Maskan. But that was, as yet, undecided.

"Perhaps I should be making sure you stay well more often, though if it takes getting beat up to get a visit, I'm not sure I should bother." Her words were joking, though there was a grain of honest intent there. She should go visit Mother and Israfel, speak to the Wild Rose and keep her updated on all she knew of the happenings within the family. Perhaps play with her sister, and share the simply joys of her watery pets. And, well... she would enjoy seeing her friend more often. It was one thing to be aware of who else lived in the herd, another to count them friends.

When she explained the Earth God had given her the watery pets that soothed his sore left side he nodded in understanding. "The Sun God gave me magic... Although mine is much more... Harmful than yours is." He relaxed more as she spoke. The sparkle of laughter seemed to grow more at his reaction to her being so close. Why in the world did he have to react like that? After all Kimber was just a friend. She had always been there for him, practically like family.. But there was something different about that he had never noticed before. The grulla was very pretty... Beautiful even. She spoke again and he smiled. "Someone's got to keep every safe and out of trouble" He teased back, a tone of seriousness in his voice. He needed to seek out his mentors while he was here, but would save that for after he had been healed.

Her next words brought a look of concern to his eyes, only until he could tell she was joking as well. "Very true, although I highly doubt anyone will be seeking to beat you up for coming to visit." Let them try and i'll make them feel like they are on fire He thought to himself. Deep inside he also knew he would not mind seeing Kimber again like this. In the back of his mind he thought of Phi, quickly pushing her away again. It had been foolish and childish crush, one that she clearly did not return and never would. It was time for them all to grew up and take their places as adults.. Even if he did not always feel like an adult. Like now, he felt like a shy colt when he was around Kimber. Why he had no idea.

""

Et Spiritus Sancti

Hidden Account
An ear tilted back thoughtfully as he spoke of gaining magic from the Sun God. She suspected it had something to do with fire, which would explain his comment of his magic being harmful. Then she gave a small snort of laughter. "Mine has more diverse uses, you mean. Companionship, healing, harm. Depends on how you bend the water." She'd thought about that, wondering how her watery pets could be of use in her desired roll of warrior. Certainly they could be distracting, but she'd thought of the more dire implications of having water running free like this on someone.

She wrinkled her nose at him with a grin. "Everyone has someone looking out for them, even if they don't realize it. That's why I stayed, to keep tabs on my family that stayed as well." She swished her tail against her hocks, contemplating briefly how well that turned out. Ricochet gone, her beloved brother cast out and missing. Jackal grown up before she realized and leading the herd! She still found that hard to wrap her mind around sometimes, her younger nephew being so ambitious.

But then she had to laugh at his comment. "They'd have to be blind to not realize I am Mother's daughter, and she would be irrate if someone caused a ruckus over a family visit." Her laughter faded to utter seriousness, invoking that suggestion of an angry Wild Rose. Mother was perfectly capable of returning the favor, and then patching the offender up afterwards with a lecture. That thought brought the laughter back, picturing some cowed stranger being lectured by the grulla mare and tended by her blue dragon's able paws. "But I doubt you would have been attacked if you had to come looking for me, there's still many from when you still lived here who wouldn't fuss over a friendly visit." Or, at least, so she assumed.

He grinned at her words about her magic being more diverse than his. It was true. She could use her water pets for most anything, while his fire illusion was for one thing one... To harm. It was his own way of protecting those he cared about. The more he thought about it the more he realized that missed the rolling hills of the Foothills. Here he could continue under Madryn and Maskan in his battle training and help the herd he had spent part of his life growing up in.

Her voice snapped him back out of his thoughts again when she spoke of everyone had someone looking out for them. So that had been why she had remained in the Foothills. He locked eyes with her for a moment, realizing suddenly how grown up they both had become. When the hell had they changed from the little foals that played in the Oasis... "So Jackal now leads the Foothills... Wonder if he would let me back in? He joked around. In the back of his mind he was serious. so much so he knew what he was going to do the moment he left Kimber's side. He would return to World's Edge and seek out Mirage. No he was not stepping away from the Qian, for them he would always be just a call away. Aaron needed to grow, to see what he could do on his own away from the parental figures he had adopted in addition to his mother. Mirage was just as much a mother to him as his own real mother had been.

Once again Kimber's voice pulled him back to the conversation at hand. She spoke of her mother's anger if someone were to attack her... She would not be the only one who would be angry if someone hurt you... He joined in her laughter, but the note of seriousness was there for both of them. She also said that she didn't think anyone would attack him should he come to visit. "It's the ones who have come since then I did not want to meet. I've done enough fighting for one day." He tried to make a joke once again of his wounds... But he would need to get them treated soon enough.

"talk"

Et Spiritus Sancti

Hidden Account
An arch glance was cast up at the painted young stallion as he grew quiet and contemplative. She wondered what was going on in his head, what he was thinking about because of words she had said. Or things she hadn't.

And then his eyes focused, falling on hers with a look that spoke of quiet surprise. She twitched an ear at him, almost prepared to ask him what he was thinking about, what realization had brought that look to his face. And then he spoke, words holding a joking edge, speaking of returning. She wasn't entirely certain he wasn't serious, considering how quiet he'd been just seconds before. "I imagine he would, if we asked." Her wording was entirely deliberate, since she fully intended to vouch for Aaron if he made good on that 'joke' and actually came looking for permission to live here.

"I'd say." She murmured to his attempt at another joke, reaching out to lightly press her muzzle against his side just a breath away from where her watery ferrets rested. "You really should get patched up, before this gets infected." She withdrew her touch, looking up at Aaron in all seriousness. "Perhaps you would not have to worry about over-eager defenders if you visited. Are not the Foothills and the Edge at peace?"