the Rift

a pirate and a lass [aerwela]

Cormac Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

C O R M A C ;; I am the barbarian.

He stands on the bitterly cool shore, with a mind-numbing wind that frolicks around, pulling his mane, teasing and twisting his tail into knots. The stallion, the pirate king as he silently refers himself to, is not an ugly man. Rather than dampening his rugged looks, the scars littering his coat make him more attractive, more wild, more of the rougish barbarian he likes to imagine himself as. What is he really? Well, he is a cocky bastard, but he is also kind and charming enough when he needs to be.

Slowly does the sun rise, agonizingly snail-like, clambering heavily out over the ocean, where it remains, a glistening gold coin quite reminiscent of money. Maybe as a young, gangly-legged colt he would have not been reminded so strongly of the glittering riches, or if he had not bonded to pirate companion Abelard. But he was no longer a knobby-kneed colt and he had bonded with Abelard, and so this faint dragon-like, or magpie-like, greed stirred in him.

Did the stallion miss Abelard? Yes, yes he did, quite a bit, especially as he stared out forlornly to the wintry seas. Was there a ship out there, of salted wood and rotted timber, sails fluttering in the wind? Was Casey, Abelard's mate (wife, although Cormac did not know the word), swinging a cutlass and wielding a knife, was she fluttering black eyelashes and dancing a jig, or was she, perhaps, stone cold in the ground as well? Like Abelard. Like that fateful night when the cobblestone streets ran bloody red.

It was needless to say the raid on the town had not gone well. The horses he had seen had been caught- brother Janiver and sister Kiseng, Kiseng still with coins in her mane and eyes still proud, with a proud step despite the horrors she had witnessed.

All of a sudden, Cormac whipped around, backing to the edge of the ocean, where his hocks remained embedded in the wet sand, digging in ever deeper as he reared, and snarled-

"Come and fight me if you dare!"

Setting: Endless Blue, Frostfall

Notes: Cormac teaching, two posts each, one closing defense for Aerwela.

shi-stock | elope
theme song

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
[[As instructed by the God of the Earth, Cormac is not able to leave the water and go to shore until the end of Birdsong. Posting outside of the water any further will lead to quest failure, and the God of the Earth will reserve the right to deny Cormac his magic.]]

Unregistered
[This is set before his quest as it is Frostfall, not Birdsong when he got his quest.]

Administrator
Official
[[Though spars may be set in any season you wish, they do not allow you to turn back time or ignore current time sensitive things affecting your character. The spar was made during the two months OOC that the quest spanned for, thus it is included. Regardless of this spar, Cormac has left the water in previous threads, the warning was posted here solely because it is the most recent evidence of this.]]

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom
[ I thought he could come up partially so long as part of him was in the water? ]

Administrator
Official
[[The gills are meant to act as his only breathing device for this season. The wording of the task is clearly stated as follows:
IC: "Should you truly desire this magic, for the rest of Birdsong, you may live only beneath the waves; only upon the final day will you step onto land once more, at which point you may return to me for your prize."

OOC: If he accepts, Cormac will get gills and webbing between some of his legs that will allow him to live underwater for the season. If you look at the map you have all territories on the shoreline as well as those along the river to play with. He can lift his head above water to speak to others, he just can't leave it.]]

Unregistered
[For future reference, I would suggest including an OOC note that this is 2 months OOC. Because in the specified thread the Earth God only said he must remain in the water for Birdsong- well, this isn't Birdsong. I believe you are also contradicting by saying you may have spars in any season but not going back in time. Liquid time is allowed so I find this confusing, although I understand.

And he has not removed himself from the water in any recent threads, although I may not have been very clear with this, apart from his head. If he has, can you please give me a link to the threads so I may rectify my mistake?]

Administrator
Official
[[Liquid time is the ability to be in more than one thread at a time, not to turn back time to different seasons or before your character was affected by a certain thing. Having a spar count OOC does not mean you can disregard quests or the timeline of your character, it simply affects the carryover of injuries into your character's normal threads.

As for clarity, the instructions were perfectly clear. The quest was to last as long as Birdsong was listed on the sidebar of the site; until February when it carries over to Tallsun.

As for having removed Cormac from water, it has occurred before and I can link you to them as well as quote. These may, as you have said, been an issue of clarity. As they have been replied to, it is quite too late to change them now; it was an oversight of mine to have not caught them earlier, but they stand:

"So the Warlord drags his body out of the water, despite the faint tingling sensation that acquires it. For a long second he tries to breathe- and then with a thunderous crash, the boss falls onto his flank, gills gasping open to allow the water flooding in. For a moment the stallion gives himself this reprieve, before slinking back deeper into the shallows, where only his head and a sliver of his neck remains above the ocean. "

"When the sky is nearly indigo black, he then pulls his once bay, turned black from water, body out, and comes towards the shore."
"The stallion does not feel pain, but he can well recall the sudden sensation of passing out after he had kept his gills out of the ocean for too long. He would prefer not to do it again- for without pain, he does not know how much damage he has inflicted upon himself."

With these incidences in mind, this is your final warning, and as stated above, Cormac leaving the water again may result in refusal by the Earth God.]]

Administrator
Official
VOID