the Rift

I'm the fire that burns [CLOSED]

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark
The bedraggled form of Azzaron appeared at the Throat. The sun's heat burned on his back and his wings. His hocks still screamed with the burning pain. When will this torture ever end? His voice within his mind rang out, the question lingered. He failed to remember the Sun God's words. Did he say the end of the season? With a shake of his regal head he walked on, trying to rid his mind of the thoughts. A hideous cough came from his maw, or, his throat. He felt the ashes in his lungs make breathing a thousand times harder. So much pain. Azzaron felt like wailing, but a good warrior never cries, never admits to his pain. With a great sigh he keeps himself going, coughing constantly. Even as the sand got into his burns, Azzaron kept from yelling by biting his lower lip.

Azzaron's fiery spirit and stubbornness wouldn't allow him to give up. He would deal with this pain until who knows how long. His deep red eyes were set on the sandy desert before him. He had heard of a herd who lives here. The herds' patron god was said to be the sun god, and Azzaron wanted to live amongst these horses and teach them the way of the true sun god worshipper.

Azzaron coughed some more, he could only feel pain in his chest and his hocks. He just wished Birdsong would be over already so his torture would end. He grunted, coughed and dropped to his knees before getting back up in a struggle. He looked around, his red eyes scanning the desert. Now if only I could find a member of this herd.

Ugh. I need some water. Azzaron sighed, coughing. He needed to find a river, and quickly. He smacked his dry lips together, his red eyes glanced around the area. Then he spotted it. A beautiful shimmering river. Without hesitation Azzaron launched himself forwards, tripping over himself to get to the river. As soon as he was at the edge of the river he stuck his muzzle right in, drinking as much water as he could. He dipped his hocks into the cooling water too, letting out anyway sigh before he stepped out of the river, letting the sun dry him off.
"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

Chocolate form moved quietly beneath the heat of the sun, blonde and flaxen mane laying in curls over her shoulders and brushing nearly her ankles as her plume was rustled by the dry wind of the Throat. Cerulean eyes surveyed the heated expanse of the desert, watching for any disruption of the land she knew so well. Despite her petite stature she moved with purpose, driven by the knowledge she thrived on. The position of a Pupil beneath Cassiopeia, once a Scholar before the change of ranks, had given her the strength she needed to overcome the shyness and discover who she was under the influence of the mare that had molded her viciously after her real mother had abandoned her. Now, she was a sure mare that was fiercely and stubbornly proud of her home. Though she was not inclined towards the Sun God, she loved each and every part of her home and would never leave as she first had when she'd joined. When she'd gazed into the glass surface of the oasis in the middle of the night, conflicted by how little she had been around.

So she was interested by the foreign figure that stood within the lake for a long period before walking slowly out of it as if in pain. Curiosity filled her and she extended her thin legs to draw her forth towards what appeared to be a stallion at a faster gait. Once she had approached enough to announce her presence a gentle whicker escaped her, ears pricked and face open and respectful. Remembering that horrible stickhead that had nearly gotten his brains bashed in by Kri. "Hello, stranger. I am Rowan. May I inquire as to why you are here at the Throat? Have you come to seek a home?" Soft, intelligent words slipping out as cobalt eyes regarded him kindly, if a bit guarded. Remembering Tribute and how horrible he had been, unwilling to face that once more.

Deceased
Dark
With the sound of another coming Azzaron tilts his head to see whom it may be. An equine with a chocolate coat and a creamy mane speaks to Azzaron, clearly not caring about his current state. The cough that came from Azzaron was followed by a small spout of blood. The crimson liquid dripped from his mouth, and stained the red sandy earth. He lifted his head up, a lopsided smile placed across his battered face. "I'm called Azzaron. It's nice to meet you, Rowan." Azzaron bowed his head before coughing again, there was no blood this time. "I come to seek a home. Although I'm not in such a great state this state I'm in is only what the sun god asked of me. Soon, when birdsong ends I shall gain magic for my suffering."Azzaron paused, realizing he must be boring the stranger, Rowan, half to death."Sorry for the whole story on how I got into this state, but anyway, yes, I would like to reside in the herd that lives in this desert." Azzaron finally shuts his mouth. He waited for the chocolate mare's response.

Yet another cough came from the throat of the stallion, and he stooped down, slipping into the clear waters of the lake. He stuck his muzzle straight into the water, trying to moisten his currently dry throat. I'm so close, yet so far to earning my magic. I must keep my sanity while this quest goes on. The stallion breathed in and out a few times, remaining in the water. He swished his tail and stretched his wings out, tired from his long and painful journey to the throat. He turned back to the mare, waiting for a reply from her.

[[Kind of bad post. So sorry. :/]]
When your crowns break."

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

Crown tilted in response to her approach, taking in her appearance as she did the same to him. A cough lurched from his throat followed by a spray of blood and surprise decorated her visage. She was a bit of a sociopath, ruled entirely by her brain, but even that could make her worry immensely for the stallion. Stepping closer in concern. While he spoke her cyan eyes drifted over him carefully, wincing at what she could see. Understanding flashed momentarily over her face when he explained that his quest for the Sun God was what caused him such long enduring pain. When he apologized she shook it away with her head, not wanting him to think she was tuning out. In fact she thirsted for knowledge almost constantly and would have asked anyways. "Pleasure, Azzaron. Though perhaps not under these circumstances." Already she anticipated her own return to the Veins of the Gods in order to receive the one creature that would love her, for she was aware that almost none could because of her logical knowledge.

He clearly sought a home in the Throat, and though Rowan was not of the status to accept him she would call someone accordingly. "You would be most welcome in the Dragon's Throat. If you would like, I can call my Sultana here so she can accept you officially. We would love to welcome you into our fold." Nearly calling it 'flock' simply for how many winged equines lived in the desert. Not that she minded of course, she accepted it easily.

Deceased
Dark
With ears perked I nod, listening to the words of the chocolate mare. My lungs grasp for air desperately and I hack away. If only my quest were over or easier in some way. I think to myself, huffing. I stand there, I'm far enough in the water so it's just high enough to brush the bottom of my abdomen. My legs are completely engulfed in the water and my wings are draped into the clear and cooling liquid. My hocks still feel as though their burning, and I grunt. The water wasn't exactly helping but it felt good against the heat of the sun.

With all the pain I have I'm surprised I made it this far. From the Steppe to the Throat, it took me awhile but I got here quicker than I expected. Walking was pain wrenching so I flew most of the way. Too bad the Throat wasn't closer. I snort, looking back at the mare, Rowan. I finally speak, my voice hoarse. "Thank you. It would be great if you could call your Sultana." I bow my head slightly to the mare in gratitude while I try and muster a somewhat smile. I raise my head, slowly lifting my feathery appendages and shaking them the slightest bit to get any water off of them. Then I fold them back at my side, looking at the mare with deep red rubies.

Thoughts rambled on in my mind as I wondered how this 'Sultana' looked and acted. Hopefully there was another Sultan or Sultana if this one is too aggressive. I had big plans. Big plans indeed. I look at the creamy maned mare, my voice ringing out, my words directed at her. "So, what is your Sultana like, exactly?" I ask her, staring at her with a serious face. My palomino coat collects the heat of the sun beating down on my back, making me sweat. The salty liquid coats my body in no time, and I dip myself lower into the water. Then I glance back up, checking to see if Rowan was still there. After taking a few gulps of water I lifted my head, waiting for the chocolate mare to speak.
When your crowns break."

Sumati Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

sumati

you glorify the past when the future dries up

The Sinbird stretches her wings tirelessly, playfully to the newly building Birdsong sun. As the second half of Birdsong flew by, the days gradually heated and the dessert grew to a shy simmer. A slight mirage built upon the horizon signaling a warm night as pale clouds lingered high above. The sun sighs, belting down warm dessert rays between the passing clouds. Sumati finishes her midday patrol, glancing into the vast stretch of wavy rock and orange sand watching the thin clouds crawl on by. The Throat truly is one of the purest, most magnificent stretches of land Helovia has to offer, but it too has its flaws. Resources would be intense this summer. The Tallsun before was a baking glimpse of hell itself. Hopefully, the God of the Sun would be much kinder this coming year.

The chocolatey tobiano feels thirst burn in the core of her throat, thinking of the devastating drought of the year before could cause such an eruption of her energy. She unfolds her stretched wings and takes to the skies, soaring to the only source of water in this land, the Dragon's Blood.

The Sinbird's intense hazel gaze flicks downward as she flies, watching the short shrubs fade into a dense oasis. She spots something up ahead, two figurines, one she sees as Rowan. The Sultana tilts her brown-tipped wings to the ground, descending elegantly, finding a place for her tan hooves among the freshwater bank. She regards Rowan with a faint smile, turning then to the palomino newcomer with much intrigue in her bright hazel eyes. She approaches behind him, stepping into the cool lake with respectful forefeet. "Welcome to the Dragon's Throat, traveler," Sumati says with a cordial tone. "I'm Sumati the Sinbird, Sultana of the Throat, leading beside my faithful friend Kri the Resolute. We are happy to have you."

Sumati notices in the way the stallion moves that his legs ache with the painful burn of coming across such a great stretch of land. She slips further in the gentle lake waves, interested in where the pale stallion came from. "I must say that you look awfully tired, if you find your legs throbbing for too much longer please find one of our medics. They'd be glad to help with those aches." After speaking, she dips her honey colored lips to the sweet surface of the cool lake, watching her eyes dance in the reflection. The water feels like a surge of energy through the mare's windpipe.

Deceased
Dark
[[This thread is now closed! Thank you all who participated! ^^]]
When your crowns break."