the Rift

Is there something I should know?

Arathea Posts: 56
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Other :: 11/17 hh :: 12 HP: 56.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Raven

With the northern wind came a sour smell of smoke and wet, burnt wood. It was very faint; the fire had been recently but not too recently. It was that kind of smell that lingered for a while until nature started to take care of the damage. However, just to be on the save side, Arathea had decided to move back towards the more center part of the huge meadow. It smelled a bit better there.

The scent of horse was here too. It seemed to be all over this land and it was something she would have to get used to. Horses had been around before where she lived, but they seemed to be a majority in Helovia. She just hoped they would have nothing against someone like her roaming around their areas. They were large and more dangerous than you could think. She had fangs and claws, speed and agility, but some horses had horns and wings. And magic...

A large stone served as great place for lookout. It held her above the grass where she sat on her haunches and looked across the beautiful landscape. The day was warm and dry, but the soft wind caressed her gently, stroked her lightly through the fur. She would not mind meeting some more horses. They had knowledge over this land and her curiosity hungered for it. To learn the land was the key to survival and she intended to survive for some time to come.

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Horns, wings and magic indeed.

Floating behind the wolf-like creature was a hybrid of undetermined origins. On crystal colored dragonfly wings, with horns that curled up like antennae and beady black eyes that made her appear soulless, the creature hovered non-threateningly, her head tilted curiously towards the she-wolf. There was a faint buzzing as her wings hit her side and she landed behind the stone where Arathea rested. Ladybugs crawled from the grass and flew to cover the paint spots on her hide as if they were used to being close to her and as if she was a comfort.

She did not speak, she only let out a wild hissing neigh before disappearing behind a camouflaged veil, outline only faintly by the bugs that had continued to flock to her form. Bees fled from the smoke of the distant fire and buzzed around her while spiders began to spin webs among the strands of her mane. Only her eyes were visible against the backdrop of the meadow when she blinked. Curiously she nosed Arathea's hindquarters once or twice before slinking away back into the thicket, stirring the bugs that rested along her back as they followed in her wake. The veil dropped away and she paused at the edge of the meadow, eyes focused on the wolf like a deer caught in headlights, and then in a moment she was gone.

Raven
Yes, you can do that. :) Maybe we can turn it into that Cass has taken Thea here as she said and she's having a look around.

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

Soon enough the storm had tranquilized. The ominous cloud in which the storm had been harbored roamed south with the whims of the air currents. The journey to the Thistle Meadow was long, and although not empathicly treacherous it was still rather tiresome. The habitually intense heat of this year's Tallsun seemed to amplify the tediousness of the travel. Fortunately for them, it was under the cover of nightfall and by the silver illumination of the moon that they set off for the Meadow. They arrived by the rise of the sun as it climbed gradually into the azure atmosphere, it's light still gossamer and thin as it poured over Helovia and welcomed the coming day to unfurl.

The sun god had induced quite a bit of damage to this area, already. The once luscious and copious emerald foliage had been drained of its coloration and reliquished of its usual durability. Each stem was bent and folded, and enfeebled with a unnaturally lifeless amber pigment. With each step the roan mistress claimed across the sun baked terrain a crunching dissonance was emit. She had been aware of the devastating effects this weather had engendered upon her beloved home, but she couldn't help but be astonished by the alterations. It sometimes made her pine for Frostfall to transgress the heat, as absurd as it may sound coming from her. "So, what do you think?" She questioned somewhat sheepishly, peering up at the wolf relaxing on a large boulder.

Her attention then shifted to an alien looking creature which hovered behind Arathea. Her eyes widened every slightly in disbelief. Never before had she seen such a creature and somehow found it to be queerly intriguing. "How peculiar." That was all she could say as the hybrid fluttered away, back into the forest's embrace. Her gaze settled upon the lupine femme, curious as to what reaction she might adopt as a result of the strange occurrence.

Raven

The rising sun brought more heat with it as it climbed steadily higher on the bright sky. Even the wind would soon become warm, but it was nothing that bothered the wolf much; she could handle warmth quite well. She scanned the area with her eyes, every now and then peering at the pegasus companion who had showed her to the place. A small smile played on her lips as she answered.

"Even though it is warm and dry, it is beautiful. I am sure it is even more magnificent when the colors has not been drained by the sun..." Arathea fell silent and frowned at the look on Cassiopeia's face and the comment the pegasus made. She then felt something nudging her hind and with a twitch, she quickly turned her head in time to see something disappear in the grass together with a trail of bugs.

Arathea turned herself around and rose on her hind legs, trying to see over the grass where the creature had disappeared, but it was simply gone. Sitting down again, she frowned even more and turned one ear back as she looked at Cass. "What was that? I have not seen anything like it before." And she had seen a lot of creatures in her days... Maybe there was more to this land than what she first had imagine.
"I am guessing this land holds more surprises than that. What has happened in the north? I feel a fading scent of smoke."

Hidden Account
Phantom

She nodded at the wolf's statement. Certainly this meadow was quite a sight to see when the colors were fully intact, and gave it a radiant, lustrous vitality. Even during Frostfall, when the world was frigid and blanketed in a thick mantle of alabaster flakes, the Thistle Meadow was beautiful and vast. Her gaze did not meet the wolf as she talked just yet, her attentions remaining locked upon the being as it proceeded into the trees. "I'm not entirely sure." She averred, voice dripping with admittance.

She then peered back toward her as she stood erect upon her haunches, and listened respectively to her inquisitive voice. "There are many things here that I have found surprising." She confessed, affirming the other female's ascertainment. "But I have learned to love them." A smile had blossomed on her features mid sentence. She hoped Arathea would grow to love this land the way the cobalt dame had. "As for the smoke, I know not for certain of any fire, though I would not doubt the occurrence. You see, there has been a bit of a disturbance in the peace of my home."

She continued. "Three Gods govern Helovia: the God of the Earth, the Goddess of the Moon, and the God of the Sun. Normally they exist in accordance with one another, and maintain a mutual balance among their followers. However, the God of the Sun has become overly zealous." She paused, pondering how to more elaborately explain it to her. "Apparently we have angered him in some way, and he seeks to punish us by making the heat nearly unbearable." She suddenly felt a pang of guilt for not informing her of such things beforehand. She had forgotten that single detail when telling her about this mysterious land. "As far as I can understand, that is the reason the Thistle Meadow, as well as the rest of Helovia, remains as merely an inkling of its former glory." She affirmed it solemnly.

Raven

Disturbance? She listened silently to the explanation of the situation, keeping the slight frown on her brow but otherwise, her face remained quite neutral. Though her thoughts moved within her head. It was a bit worrying, what Cass was telling her. Thea knew Gods were powerful beings, but she had never experience anyone doing something major to the world. And here was a rampaging one, burning the land? She could not hold it against Cass though, that she had not said anything. It would have been funny, to be greeted with a "Welcome to Helovia, we have an angry God setting fire to things." Would not have been so welcoming, now would it. Though it was good to know about the situation.

"And the land will probably continue to suffer the heat and dehydration if the God is keeping the season like this..." She said in a lower voice, looking around her once more. The meadow might be beautiful now, but it should have its colors and if the heat continued, Thea knew the land would go barren. Even if she was a newcomer, she liked the land already. She had always liked the nature and most places she had visited and it would be sad to see it dying in front of her eyes. The nature was one, no matter which land or territory you happened to be in. The nature was her home and home to many other.

"The smoke might be from this God's doing. I might travel there later, maybe there could be something to do to help. Is your home affected as well?" It might be a dangerous thing to throw herself into something she did not know about. What they have done, why the God was angered. But what other way to find out than to get into it and well, find out. She knew there could be a risk poking her nose into it all, but since she now was aware of the problem, it was no way she could sit on the side and watch.

Hidden Account
Phantom

She nodded solemnly, for the wolf's words held a great deal of truth. "Sadly, such a thing seems inevitable." She too gazed out at the meadow encompassing her, azure eyes actively drinking in the damage that had already been induced. "I believe my leader - along with the leaders of the other herds - have gone to consult with the other gods about the antics of their brother with the intent of bringing a stop to this nonsense." She severely yearned for the world to return to its natural state. She had long since grown weary of the heat and awaited longingly the arrival of orangemoon to provide some amount of relief.

Looking again at the decimated environment, she moved beside the boulder where Arathea rested. "I sincerely hope their efforts are not in vain." She then shifted her gaze once again to the lupine vixen, ears perked forward attentively as she presented her with a question. "My home has been effected modestly, as it is generally hot year round, being in the desert and all. However, the damage is still evident in some areas less accustomed to such relentless temperatures."

[ ooc ; So sorry this took so long. ]