the Rift

Sword Upon Shoulders | Ktulu

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Lithe form slipped through the trees of her home unnoticed. Sharp violet eyes the only betrayal of her passing, the only sign that the shadows were not moving. She was merely a trick of the eye, a quick glance back to a place you’d swept your eyes past. Only once again she would be gone. Only then did she bless the dark coat she’d been blessed with, though her parents had called her a devil for taking after her grandmother. Hana and Alleo had both received the lighter genes, Alleo especially. Ah yes, Hana. That was what brought her so much joy, so completely out of character for her. Her beloved sister had not only escaped their birthland, but had made it to Helovia unscathed. Had made it to her. It was then that she remembered her private conversation with Ktulu. The young woman had told her that her siblings would find her, and she had been right. Lakota admitted to following the mare about like a shadow. Not intending to harm, never. She followed as a bodyguard of sorts. A separate pair of eyes always making sure her queen was unharmed. Others may call her strange, even creepy. But she had to know that the young mare was safe. Lakota was years older, but she respected Ktulu a great deal. She was the only person other than Rafe and Ophelia that she actually respected. Much like her beautiful queen with the umber eyes, Lakota was faithful. Though her queen strove for peace in idiotic ways, Lakota had stood by her like a silent wall. Ready to kill those who wished her harm.

And so that loyalty had passed on to Ktulu. Lakota knew the mare needed no protection, but she could not help it. It was natural to her. Anyone who dare lay a finger on anyone in her fucked up family of the Grey would find themselves in a cloud of acid. Ktulu and Ophelia, being her leaders, were the only ones she would die for. So she took on a position of watching them when she could spare the time. Ktulu had Hototo, and Lakota would not let anyone harm the beautiful family. She had a much too strong sense of protection, and being a big sister was ingrained into her very being. They were so young, yet so hardened. So fierce in their magic and capabilities. Even so, they were still far too young. Lakota had seen things they had not, though they had seen things she had not in return. But it was not a time to be thinking of such things, for her queens and their prince were safe. It was a day for reunion with the mare she respected, to tell her of news that bubbled strangely in her chest. Lakota hated love, but couldn’t ever hate the love she had for her family. Even she was not that cold. Ktulu, it seemed, was not either. For she loved Ophelia just as much, but was almost aloof to all others. Lakota liked that. Though she herself was just a hard core bitch that didn’t care what others thought of her. They could all shrivel away and burn from the inside out for all she cared. She’d watch happily, in fact.

Ktulu was so strange to her, but she still sought her out. She had extended a home to Hana, and knew that Ktulu had to accept her first. Alleo would be an incredible warrior, and turning him down would be stupid. Hana was an incredible medic, even had magic apparently. Even so it was down to her decision, and though the thought made her want to retch and impale herself on a unicorn’s horn, Lakota would grovel at Ktulu’s feet if it meant her family could be near her. Violet eyes spotted Eytan, or at least heard his crashing about. So speaking loudly in her dark, silken tone she called out. "I have news for you, my Queen.”

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

One day Eytan would learn what it meant to be stealthy. He would understand the importance of slipping through the forest unseen and unheard by those who could cause harm. He would also know the importance of sneaking up on those who would cause harm and stopping them before their plans went into action. Until then he was still just a rambunctious cub who crashed through the forest more often than not and gave away her position much too easily. It was lucky for the both of them that she had the magic she did to stop someone in their tracks simply because they were suffocating. It was amazing how powerful one's mind could be to cause such a reaction in another.

It was no surprise to Ktulu when she heard the voice of her poisoner floating through the trees. As stealthy as Lakota was, which was something Ktulu was impressed by, she still knew when she was being followed. Sometimes it was because Eytan saw glimpses of the blue mare, other times it was simply Ktulu's intuition, which was yet to be proven wrong.

"I am no queen." The dark mare said in response. She did not lead a herd of any sort. She had no claim over any herdland. She simply led a band of misfits that fit in nowhere else. Moments later she turned and moved slowly in the direction Lakota's voice had come from.

As per his usual, Eytan burst from the forest and charged toward Lakota, circling her legs several times before flopping onto the ground in a heap of soft brown fur. He grumbled and growled his greeting and flashed white teeth as his greeting continued. "What news do you have?" Ktulu interrupted as she stepped from the place Eytan had run from.

Icon by Tay

It was obvious that Ktulu knew of Lakota’s watchful ways, but she prided herself on how little her lady actually caught her. It was harder to evade the bear at her side, but she managed. It made her grumble with a type of angered embarrassment to have others know she actually had such loyal ties, to not only Ktulu but recently to Phaedra as well. She didn’t want to reveal that she looked out for the members of her group. Now was not a time for hiding however, and she stood silently in plain sight for Ktulu to find her. It was useless to sneak about when she needed a conference with her. Wry smile was found on her visage when Eytan came bumbling out, violet eyes softer than usual with amusement and fondness that was hardly discernible. She remembered when he’d been younger and had been just a cub playing with her tail, uncaring of the fact it made her seem weak at the time. He was innocent, but even at that point she could tell he was growing, maturing. Matching Ktulu more and more with each passing season. Growling and flashing his teeth in greeting, flopping about. Lakota flicked her tail at him, more to greet him than to entice him to play. She knew that he needed to grow more serious, suspected Ktulu thought so as well.

Gaze flickered up to dark youth, feeling old. ”Often the strongest among others is the one who is not wearing a crown, Ktulu. I could care less if you did not own a title among other rulers, for they do not mean anything to me. You are my queen, that’s that” she grumped softly. Clearly uncomfortable saying something she considered kind, but truly uncaring that the Grey was not a real herd with land. To her, it was far better than any herd with any leader. However tiny smile came to her face, lifting the ice from downright frigid to merely chilly. What she had to say was important, not only to her in a rather intimate way but to the Grey as well. ”It seems your words gifted me. My sister has appeared, blessed with the gift of healing. I invited her to join our ranks under your sister, but my say does not guarantee her. I ask that you will accept her, for I do not know your sibling well enough to ask for her company,” Happiness bleeding to seriousness, and then fading to awkward grumbling again. She felt like a grumpy old lady sometimes. Ophelia was…too different from Lakota. She had no qualms with the art of healing, it had saved her damn life in fact, but Lakota feared her sharp tongue and cold demeanor wouldn’t work well with the alabaster woman. Eyes turned to Eytan, uncomfortable. Face tightening, resuming the icy mask it always held, tiny smile vanishing. It wasn’t because she was angry, merely returning to normal. ”He’s growing into quite the monster,” she huffed softly, watching him.

Resurgere | Wroth

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ever in the wake of her big sister, Hana had followed Lakota back to the Deep Forest but had not seen much of her since. Her mind had been spinning, taking in everything Kota had said. She was apart of a group called the Grey, listening and respecting the leaders of said group and seemed to be doing well for herself. Hana still wanted to find Alleo, but dared not leave Helovia for fear of not being able to find her big sister again. It was her sister's voice that made the young dove move towards the pair. From the way Kota got all protective of her, Hana could only guess that this was one of the leaders...

She waited in the shadows quietly for all the speaking to end, not wanting to seem like she was eavesdropping on the conversation. At her name however she did just that, moving to her sister's side. Her sister was asking for the dun to allow her in the Grey? Could this be true? Just like that she may be part of the group that her big sister now belonged to. Gently she nibbled on her sister's mane letting her know that she to had arrived. She was truly the lighter version of her big sister. Ruby eyes looked back and forth between the duo, and then to the bear that was at the side of the dun. Her ears flickered back and forth as Kota said the cub was growing into quiet the monster. Ruby eyes flickered back to her sister and the dun, to nervous to speak at first. Finally she did speak "You must be one of the leaders my sister speaks to highly of." She fell silent then waiting.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Eytan growled his approval at Lakota's tail flicking in his direction. He reached up with sharply clawed paws and swatted at it several times before she stopped. The cub waited only to be disappointed when a conversation commenced and he was left to entertain himself. Another growl rumbled in the cub as he rolled back to his feet and began to circle the two mares, looking for anything he could play with.

Ktulu only watched her cub for a moment before her full attention was fixated on the blue roan. "You are quite stubborn, Lakota." The younger mare responded in a way that it came off as the compliment it was intended to be. She did not want others following her who could be easily swayed in their opinions and their loyalties. Lakota's stubbornness was only one of the things that Ktulu liked about the poisoner. She had faith that when it came down to it Lakota would stand by her opinion and would refuse to change her mind unless a solid argument was made. "But your stubbornness does not change reality. I am no queen." She reiterated. "I lead a group of mercenaries in a forest. We have no real home. No land to call our own." But that would change soon, she hoped.

Ebony ears tilted forward when Lakota then spoke of her sister. "I told you so." Ktulu said as another mare, whom she assumed was Lakota's sister, appeared by the side of the blue roan. Ktulu nodded her head in greeting to the other mare then returned her focus to her poisoner. "I trust your judgement, Lakota." The Constrictor stated. "If you believe she will fit into our ranks then she may join us. However, if it turns out that she does not fit into our ranks you will see to the situation."

With that said Ktulu then looked at the other mare. "Welcome to the Grey." She said. "I am Ktulu the Constrictor, leader of the executioners. You will be under my sister, Ophelia's, command." It was the general introduction given to all new recruits, but anyone could assume that the mare would say nothing more. She was not the time for exuberant introductions and she never would be, for that matter. "He is still a cub at heart." She said, thankful for the change in subject that came with Lakota's comment about Eytan.

Icon by Tay

The growling bundle swatted at her tail with his claws, reminding her vividly of the first time she had met him. He was still just as sweet, and Lakota had no qualms with entertaining him for a while. He made her heart melt just a little, and only a flicker of a smile betrayed her visibly. Little ones always made her turn to goo, she simply couldn't help but want to take everybody within sight and curl them close and protect them. So long as they weren't too terribly annoying at least. Eytan was just as precious to her as Ktulu, and though she would never understand him like her mistress she would always find him absolutely adorable. If him taking a few strands of her tail out was the only payment for his happiness, she would gladly lose them. However her eyes drifted from where they had been lingering on the little cub- growing cub, she laughed ironically in her mind- and fixed on Ktulu's. Though her thoughts had run away she had not been staring at him long, and she guessed it was hardly noticeable. The ghost of a smile that remained on her face only turned wry and almost teasing. She never had to worry about Ktulu taking her facial expressions wrong- they had both seen rather horrible things, and Ktulu probably understood the best out of everybody that Lakota was very secretive about her heart, despite spreading it out like a canopy to cover the entire Grey. She does not comment on being called stubborn, more amused than anything, waiting instead for the words she senses are to come. Dark lavender irises hardened with determination, smile turning a bit more serious. "We will someday, I swear that to you. The Grey is meant for more than this, and it will happen." Her tone gave no room for argument, stubborn in her belief. Unrestrained love and pride for the band she was in was visible in her gaze, but she didn't care to hide it. Ktulu would not comment upon something so close to issues neither of them touched down on often. Lakota was grateful for that, neither of them being very well-versed in the emotional realm.

The 'I told you so' was expected and her lips twitched up, allowing Ktulu to see that she was admitting to the younger mare being right. No verbal admission was necessary, her body always spoke for her. Ktulu had indeed been right, and Lakota had thanked every God for it since finding her sister in the Threshold. The weight her mistress placed on her shoulders was fitting. If Hana ever got out of line or couldn't handle it, Lakota would suck it up and kick her out. It would hurt, and would likely tear her apart to have to choose between them, but that was not a scenario she envisioned happening. Despite being a healer, Hana was still a warrior within when it came down to necessity. "You have my word, then." But a look of gratitude was flashed towards Ktulu, thankful that she would allow her sister a place in their beloved home. Her sister merely nodded and smiled a little at Ktulu's words, turning and disappearing with a quiet murmur to inform Lakota she was off to find Ophelia and introduce herself. Lakota nodded and brushed her spine gently with her muzzle as she walked past her and left. Focusing once more on Ktulu after the alabaster patches of her sibling had disappeared, she flicked her plume against her legs and turned her gaze back to the topic, literally. Eytan remained in her vision for a few moments before returning to Ktulu, always one to look someone in the eyes when speaking. "It gives him charm," she admitted, allowing her face to soften in a subtle way now that they were alone. With Ktulu she didn't have to act like she was on guard, after all. She trusted Ktulu with not only her life, but even her sister's. It was a large stretch for her, but Ktulu had proven to her time and again that she and the Grey would always be there, be strong. For that, Lakota would be at her side as long as mortality would allow her, even if the Grey disbanded. Ophelia and Ktulu were her precious twins, and she was the grizzly bear that followed behind them like a silent promise that if anyone tried to hurt them when she was around, there would be hell. Not that Ktulu needed to know that, though with the intensity she could almost feel in her own eyes, she guessed that the woman knew. Her eyes always did give her away with those she trusted. "I'm not good with...words and all that shit, but thank you. For allowing her to stay. I would have always stayed, Ktulu. You are my family just as much as she is." Grunting softly she turned her head away. It made her feel awkward to say it, but she didn't know how well Ktulu could read her, and if she could see it all just yet. In time, she would understand Lakota and her ways. But for now, the words would have to do.

Resurgere | Wroth