the Rift

Peace? [Cassiopeia, open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

Silence drifts on the morning breeze, floating easily across the waters of the oasis, weaving lazily through the emerald grasses. It is a gem, the oasis, situated in the midst of the dry red rock and golden sands of the desert. It looks even better from the air, though today I remain solidly on the ground. I am grazing quietly my the water, allowing the serenity of my surroundings to wash over me, cleansing me of the tensions that have assaulted me lately. On the one hoof, I appreciate that others come to me with their troubles. It allows me to avoid thinking of my own problems, my own fears. Still, it takes its toll, supporting my friends. I want so desperately to help all of them, to console them, to give them the answers.

But I do not have all the answers.

I am still newly come to the Dragon's Throat, and though I intend to pursue a quest for knowledge, I have not yet begun my training. Rowan, my first and, perhaps, closest friend, is a Scholar as well, and I hope to follow in her footsteps and those of her mentor, Cassiopeia. Rowan has spoken highly of her, and I know that I must soon seek her out. Particularly if I am to continue listening and offering advice. What would it be like to be able to truly assist those in need? How would it feel to hold wisdom and truth in my breast, ready to use at a moment's notice? It sure would have proven useful lately.

I remember Levi, greeting me as a newly-made sister of the Throat, asking what he should do about his love for Phaedra. "Tell her," I had urged him. "You must tell her how you feel, or forever wonder what might have happened." And then, only days later, Phaedra had confessed to me a secret: she is pregnant. But it is not Levi's. So what happens for the poor steed now? He confesses his undying love, only to be rebuked in the worst possible way? And I cannot tell him not to, not without betraying Phae's trust. I sigh. If only I knew more, if only I had the wisdom to know what to do.

But I don't, and so I remain, flightless, silent, and thoughtful in the morning dew.

"talk talk talk"

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

Cassiopeia

Birdsong; it was if its very essence wafted on the breeze. The Oracle could almost feel its slender fingers as it swept the long tassels of her mane. It seemed to exude a dulcet fragrance: that of cacti flowers and palm trees undulating in the soft tug of the wind. It nurtured life, and occasionally Cassiopeia would catch a glimpse of one of its delicate works of art, swaying gently in the breeze. Spawned forth from the desolate sands was a marvelous bouquet of vegetation. It was not like the conventional bouquet, however - they were scarce, but each flower's ivory plumes were magnificent amongst the unobtrusive desert landscape.

Flowers were far from abundant throughout the rolling dunes of sand, and yet that's what made them so beautiful in their delicate, eye-seizing splendor - like a glimmer of hope in a vast sea of mundanity. The sun was a great, incandescent disk strung from the clouds, its illumine soft and temperature as each ray weaved through the dilute labyrinth of the mist arisen from the lake. Its warm lips united passionately the earth and the sky, and the delicate cobweb it draped across the world gave light to the day's youth. The Oracle's hooves clicked softly against the russet stone of the Oasis. Azulee was still sleeping, safe under the watchful eye of her elder sister. What had drawn her here, she couldn't say for certain. She was simply walking, admiring the beauty of her home. Walking always cleared her mind.

It had been a month or so since her meeting here with the young Rowan, a refreshingly intelligent young mare who had seemed burdened by the weight of her own mind. She wondered how her friend was doing now, if her words had bred solace within her heart.

As she neared the lake, a figure caught her attention. A mare, by the looks of it - an assumption farther validated by the fragrance which wafted unto her. She stood shorter than Cassiopeia, if only by a few inches. Her physique was one of pristine white, a hue unbroken along the entirety of her pale canvas save for the azure which constellated her face. Her mane cascaded down from the curvature of neck like a shower of ivory tendrils. Cassiopeia nickered softly to her before lowering her head to graze. "Good morning," she said. "The weather is lovely, don't you think?" She raised her head then, peering toward the other mare with a cordial expression. "I am Cassiopeia, the Diviner of these lands."

SOHALIA

There is so much that I do not know. It is even more obvious as I consider the beauty of the morning. The sky arches high above, a deep blue, cloudless. What makes it so, I wonder? Emerald grass grows under my hooves - why is it green? A butterfly flits by. How does it remain afloat? For that matter, how am I able to fly? I have never given it much thought, really, I have just taken my ability to fly for granted. But surely there is more to it than that.

And it goes deeper: what is love? How would one define it? There are different kinds, surely, for the way in which I love Rowan and Phaedra differs greatly from the way I love Note. And is that love? I'd like to think so. My parents loved one another, of that I am sure, but I am hard put to describe their emotions, to define their feelings. I also did not understand their deaths. Why does racism exist in the world? How do we make it stop? Where did the various species come from, anyway? Did the gods simply create us differently, or did we adapt on our own? If so, who came first?

I would have thought that the silence would have been soothing, but it is actually making me more restless. When a soft nicker breaks the air, following by a soft voice, I am relieved. I glance up. The mare is sleek, dark-hued, with large wings, much like my own. She seems to be my opposite, really, as we graze together, me pale and she a darker roan, except for her wings, which are snowy white. Well, maybe we aren't so different after all. "Good morning," she says. "The weather is lovely, don't you think?"

"It is, miss," I agree politely. She introduces herself, and I smile. Is it coincidence that the very fae I needed to seek out would find me, or are the gods simply smiling on me today? "It is lovely to meet you, Cassiopeia. My friend Rowan has spoken to me most highly of you. But, excuse me, I am being rude - my name is Sohalia."

"talk talk talk"

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

Cassiopeia

This mare seemed to recognize her name, and Cassiopeia regarded her with an inquisitive expression, her head tilted to the side ever slightly as the other introduced herself. Sohalia; she commit the name to memory, and the dulcet fragrance which exuded from her was one the Oracle would not soon forget. Remembering individuals was one of her strong points, and this mare, marked of ivory and swathed in some regions with puffs smoke, was quite unique.

"A pleasure, Sohalia." She spoke, the name sliding easily from her tongue with a modest, accented flare characteristic to the roan dame. "Have you lived in the Throat long?" She asked with a smile as she allowed her eyes to momentarily roam the white mare's physique. It was a modest scrutinization, which lasted but a moment or two before she once again returned her gaze to the oceanic depths of the others' own.

[ ooc ; Short but sweet! ]

SOHALIA

She has an accent that I cannot quite place, though my name rolls easily from her tongue. For a moment, I almost think that I have imagined it, but her next question sounds the same. She seems kind, wise, and I immediately like her. I can see why Rowan looks up to her, as quiet and withdrawn as she is. Cassiopeia exudes a certain gentleness that I am sure would be effective on my dear friend. "Only a few weeks," I admit with a smile of my own. Her scrutinization does not go unnoticed, and in fact, I glance quickly over her as well, though I am sure that I will not easily forget her. "But I have found it to be most pleasant thus far."

I will not go into the details of my love life or my friendships, but I have been truly blessed in coming here. Note is everything I could have asked for and then some, a stallion that will care for me, a steed I can create a family with, a prince charming that will make my dreams come true. And Rowan, my dearest friend, would be nearby always, with her soft-spoken nature and her incredible intelligence, with her kind heart shrouded in a shy nature. I love them both, and beyond just that, I have my adopted youngling Azeen, so open and trusting, such a curious personality. Levi, too, is a friend, though I am not sure how to consider him after hearing Phaedra's story. And Phae, too, can find me here easily, for as far as I know she is a friend to the Throat. Or, at least, not an enemy.

Thinking of them, I am reminded of the stress that I had been hiding from, pushing to the back of my mind, and I am reminded of why I have chosen the path that I have. I yearn for knowledge, for the ability to heal other's pain - not physical wounds, but mental. "I mentioned that Rowan had spoken most highly of you, but I did not mention that I would like to follow her chosen path, if you would have me learn." It is, perhaps, quickly asked, but then I have never been one for small talk. It has only been recently that I have emerged from my lonely, shy shell, began conversations without being dragged in. I am still new to this, and I hope that she will not fault me for it.

"talk talk talk"