the Rift

Love & Spring Life [Destrier]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

bound to wander forever, but maybe not alone

Destrier. The black knight, the noble stallion... the one she loved? Tor didn't exactly like the thought- loving, so soon after Lace? Wasn't she, maybe, rushing into things? I thought you said we weren't going to rush anymore. Of course, it was Birdsong. New life, new beginnings, as she had said so many times before. Why not? Destrier wasn't going to leave her. She knew that. It was like how she knew she had a heart, a working pump inside her chest.

It was instinct, this need, this urge to breathe in new life to this world, and she couldn't help but wonder, exactly, if she would do, perhaps, better to wait for another year to turn again. Tor was instantly reminded, rather hastily, of the mare she had met so long ago, Lei. 'Patience, youngling.' Then again, the seer had also said things such as; 'You will know right away when you meet a friend, enemy, or lover- you must only find the truth, however.' Or 'We don't live forever!' And 'Move on, live on. As well as 'You're a mare! The stallions don't make the babies! Well, they do-' She really didn't have to remember the rest of that particular saying. That mare had been full of quirky contradictions, about intuition and breathing and remaining truthful yet deceiving when you must, while remaining honest.

The sun continued to rise in the pale sky, glistening over the world small and round. It was time, no matter how she denied it. The only thing she must do is trust her intuition telling her this was a good thing, that this wasn't Lace all over again. Well. It takes two to make a baby anyways, it wasn't like it was going to happen in an instant, and for the matter of fact, where was Des? The ocean glistened gold below, salty and tangy, as she stood on the cliffs.

"blah blah blah."
move move move
think think think

TOR

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

HEROES MAY DIE

Destrier had been making his routine rounds, dark eyes scanning the borders of his home for any sort of intruder, whether they be friend or foe. Was it strange for him to be making it such a dutiful task, pacing the borders several times a day, when he was still considered a newcomer? It felt somewhat strange, but at the same time, it was his duty as Protector. It wasn't so different than the times he and Bran were sent out on night patrol during the tough times of war in Vallhea, so the job was hardly daunting.

But today, it seemed the Edge would be left alone. It was a beautiful day, with only the slightest of breezes blowing and tousling his wavy mane. The sun was high in the sky, casting rays of warmth down upon his back and warming his very soul. It was enough to send the Friesian into a carefree canter, simply enjoy the blissful, simple day that had presented itself within the Edge.

It wasn't long into his run that a familiar form came into view, standing not far from the cliffs towering above the sea. Confusion struck him all too suddenly. 'Tor?' His mind questioned, wondering if his short time in the mists was beginning to play with his head. But even as he drew closer, the pale mare's form had yet to disapate, and he knew instantly that, yes, she was real. He let loose a call to her before slowing to a trot, and then a walk, approaching the painted with a gentle smile before coming to a stop. Stretching his neck forth, he touched her muzzle briefly with his own; a friendly gesture, one of simple greeting.

"I didn't think I'd find you here, of all places," he spoke with a teasing tone, settling back down in a comfortable stance beside her. He looked briefly out across the ocean, it's water calmer than usual. The gentle sounds of it brushing against the cliffs was soothing, and if he didn't know better, the Friesian might have found himself dozing off. Returning his gaze to Tor, he flashed another smile to her, and this time, his tone turned to a more inquisitive, curious one. "Are you here to stay, then? If you are, I think it's a good choice; the others here, they are kind, and there's a lot to be offered."

BUT LEGENDS ENDURE

Image Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

Did the stygian know she wanted to see him? Or was it pure chance his form detached itself from shadows deep and dark, pure chance the ebon stallion seemed to materialise, his voice soft as ever, and just as deep and kind as she remembered it. He reaches out to nudge her with his muzzle, just a gentle little nudge, and the feeling in her chest blossoms into something much bigger.

Tor doesn't think it's a monster, a creature feeding on lust and jealousy.

The moment reminds her of Lace in the grove where lovers go.

One. Two. Three.

"I want to have our foals." Did she mean it so bluntly? So crudely? No! She must fix the sentence, make amends with it, soften her eyes and move her head away to look at feathered feet. Do I say my thoughts, this feeling that urges me on? What do I say?! "I know we haven't known each other for long. But I think... I think we are yin and yang, we are for each other. I trust you, intimately, much more intimately than I should for the amount of time I've known you." Yes- those words sound much better from her lips. They are true. Maybe it is because of her adventuring with the dark steed. Maybe it is because of the birds. Maybe it is just the intuition Lei had taught her to hone and trust.

"We are yin and yang." Tor says, simply, lifting her dark brown eyes and willing them to open up little doors to her emotions. Pleading with them, but showing quiet love. Not soppy slop. Quiet love, gentle love.

With Lace she felt a burning want, but with Destrier? She feels at home with him. Not awkward, not crude. Good and... like herself. The wind comes to toy with her mane and tail, twirling them, moving them into a frenzy, her lips soft and eyes gentle, feathers swirling. Somewhere in the back of this wonderful salty moment she thinks of Phaedra and her constant teasing and flirting.

But this is real, this time. They had just... hit it off. And with time, Tor was sure their bond would only grow stronger.

TOR

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

HEROES MAY DIE

There is no returning form of greeting. She simply accepts his nudge quietly, and for a moment, the Friesian wondered if something was wrong. A concerned look crossed his face after a moment or two, but before he could voice himself, she spoke.

She wanted... to have their foals?

The words came as a surprise to him, and perplexed expression took over him. The pale maiden was quick to continue, explaining further why she had said such a thing. It wasn't that he was appalled or even offended by the statement, but simply surprised. Foals had never been something Destrier thought he would ever have, not with the life he had often found himself living, but he had always held a soft spot in his heart for them. Then, there was the fact that the two drafts had only met a short while ago. They had shared many words during their first meeting, delving into each of their pasts, if only a little bit. Tor intriguied him, and to know she held so much trust within him already, well... That was something special.

Moments later, the perplexion of his face slowly seemed to shape into a gentle smile, his dark eyes warm as they met Tor's gaze. Maybe it was all a bad idea waiting to happen, and a very small part of him was screaming to deny the mare her wish and try getting to know her better. But she was right, somehow; this felt right, even if they weren't entirely sure why.

Drawing in a deep breath, the Friesian spoke, his voice soft, gentle. "I would love to," he said at last, watching eagerly for her reaction before going on. "I don't know what it is, Tor, but I feel there's something different about you. Something good." At that, he took a step closer, bringing them to stand closer together. This was all happening so fast, Destrier knew, but he couldn't bring himself to think differently than the way he had spoke. "We were meant to be."

BUT LEGENDS ENDURE

Image Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

He agreed. Relief. This wonderful, wonderful relief poured through her, set her heart singing and chest light. Relief. He agreed! He understood. At first, Tor had been torn into ribbons at the delicate expression of surprise on his face. And then it had transformed into the quiet, returning smile that she had unknowingly slipped close to her heart, without even realizing it, the smile that made her feel known and understood and good.

As cheesy as that sounded.

"You understand," Tor said, voice seeped through with emotion, channeling all her happiness and all her relief into it, letting all her wonder go pouring through the canal. He wasn't Lace. Destrier returned her feeling! It wasn't Lace all over again, and the disaster that came with it, the awkwardness that had developed. No more thinking about Lace. The painted lady pushes the thoughts of the grullo stallion away, steps closer to Destrier, and presses her muzzle to his silken black one.

Even the stink of salt could not get her wild emotions down, not today, nor for a long time yet. The gods must have been with them, on their side, maybe understanding her sadness, her confusion, of the Lace problem and how she had not seen him since. Maybe the gods really had just formed them, just for each other, Tor's coat as light as his was dark. Yes, the gods must have been. Or maybe it was sheer karma. Oh stop thinking about the maybes, Tor told herself, letting her heart soar. Just relax and enjoy.

[Finish thread? :D]

TOR