the Rift

Fall To Pieces [Tajheri]

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable

No matter what we breed, we are still made of greed
This is my kindom come, this is my kindom come

The world had narrowed beneath her Lavender gaze, everything twisting and turning as if there were nothing concrete, nothing permanent. Everything was temporary and yet long lasting, as if all horrific events seemed to linger while those delightful moments of bliss were as fleeting as a touch. At times she longed for that touch of brilliant serenity and yet no answer relinquished her prayers; prayers to the gods, prayers to herself… Everything was only temporary and she hoped this sense of urgency would come to pass as all other desires to move on. Her heart ached with the familiar thud of unknowing; no answers would comfort her selfish desires of equality, of perfection. What she longed for was something unobtainable, something so far out of reach that it sometimes appeared possible to a girl who held no reservations of the tongue. Through and through, she was an animal of equality and yet one of minimal acceptance of those unlike herself.

However, she was just as curious as she was biased, always wondering why the gods had allowed such abominations to intermingle with the purity of earth. Was this even earth, this land upon which she treads? The muddy ground caked around her hooves, but was it truly the soil of life? The water trickled in a stream nearby, its pungent scent prickling her nose, but was it truly the fountain of youth? Above the birds sang heartless tunes to the willowy treetops, but did their song truly ring in her ears? Or was this some false sense of security, some alternate universe in which she had somehow stumbled upon; somehow pressed through the realms in order to find herself here in Helovia, a land of all species residing. She was sick with the thought, almost pushing herself to believe in such blasphemy until the winter air pressed soft kisses against her lips, reminding her of the reality in which she faced.

Ailith claimed her heart to equality when in fact, she knew no such term. Her thoughts were tainted with dark traces of hatred that extended to the strange creatures from another planet altogether. She pursued the abolishment of all winged and horned equines in such secrecy that one might be fooled into thinking she had proclaimed sainthood, no ill conclusions beseeching such perfect creation. However, it was there, a brewing, dispassionate anger for those so unnatural and unworthy. If only…

Around her, the Meadow was alive with song as the birds continued to call hopelessly to the bare treetops, lifeless in the winter sun. However, the rays beat down upon her back warming her in such a way that it moved from flesh to muscle and then to bone. She was feeling quite restless today and it showed in the flex of her tendons and the strain that caused her back to arch slightly in between strides. If one didn’t take the time to examine her so closely, they might see just how exquisite an animal she was. Her breeding had induced the unnaturally high carriage of her tail and the beautiful arch of her thin neck. When she thought of herself, she thought of perfection, no impurities of her species by sickening obstructions of horn or wing.

Lacing a pretentious gaze upon the trail ahead, she moved closer to the heart of the Meadow, intentionally seating herself at the center in such a way that perhaps made her appear a self-proclaimed ruler. This was her nature as she held no preservations on the topic of her arrogance, her cool aggression making her an admirable adversary should conflict arise. Presently, she had situated herself at the bank of a small stream, simply watching the rolling current as it traveled miles away into some unknown destination. Her reflection looked back at her and she smiled, not so much at her appearance but at the perfect specimen that stared back, completely equine. “Why must they taint us so?” she questioned the porcelain replication, eyes wide in wonderment as if perhaps it might answer her. She stood there for a while, merely staring at the water, lost in reverie and a life some place far away that was not Helovia, whose image was not tainted with fairytales gone wrong.

ooc| It's a bit recycled... XD

Tajheri Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
   TAJHERI</style>
  i won't describe all the pain that i will bring upon you
look in my eyes, or did the shame destroy your vision
</style>

Beauty was never something that made Tajheri's heart flutter in his chest and his words stick in his mouth. Beauty was nothing. Power was what was important. Perhaps in a previous life, which he assumed he'd had judging from the flashbacks he had, he'd thought beauty was important. Maybe he'd even been beautiful. Now he was far from it. His muscled body was adorned with scars that had made his skin pucker and hair fail to grow in places. The most prominent were the scars that crossed his throat and jaw. He had no memory of how he'd gotten them, but they were there and they told a story of a battle he couldn't remember.

Mud caked legs carried the stallion quickly over the mushy ground of the meadow. It was one thing he hated about spring. Spring showers and all that shit. The only thing worse was the summer when all the flowers started blooming and made him sneeze like an idiot. A slew of grumbled curses spewed past Tajheri's lips as his hind right hoof stuck in a particularly deep and sticky mud slick. There was a sucking sound as he pull it loose. "Fucking hell." He grumbled as he left the mud slick behind and began watching a little more closely where he put his hooves.

There was never a moment when he was completely alone, it seemed. If he were not seeing memories of some past life that he didn't remember his brothers or his mother were hanging around, or there was someone he didn't know. Like now. Go figure.

Whoever the mare was, she seemed completely entranced by her reflection in the stream. Another 'go figure' moment, he thought. Mares were so vain it was disgusting. His course altered only slightly so that it put him heading toward the mare from the south. As he came closer to her he could hear the question she asked herself. Why must they taint us so? "The fuck are you talking about?" He asked bluntly as he came to a halt several feet away from her.

Deceased
Adoptable

His words were hard upon my ears and I turned rather slowly to the onslaught of profanity. I hadn’t heard much of it since arriving to Helovia, so their use here was slightly rapturous. A slow smile stretched my lips despite the urge to scoff at him. He was rather plain in my opinion and unless he had been proclaimed some God-given righteousness, I had no reason to accommodate him. I turned my face back to the pool again, relishing the beauty I found there before abandoning it for his oh so undesirable company. I was beside myself now as we glared at one another. I chose not to allow him the courtesy of my response and merely bent to nibble at a bit of grass at my feet. When I looked back up he was still standing there as if I owed him some goddamn acknowledgment and I decided that I would give him just that. “It would appear that it’s not any of your business. Wouldn’t you say that barging in on someone’s private affairs would be considered rude?

I turned away from him, unable to allow him the privilege of my mere attention. Whatever pride he thought he had might as well be forgotten because he wasn’t going to find pity from anyone here. Besides, hadn’t he learned to properly care for himself? He looked as if he had been thrown in a mud pit and spat back out. Stallions- can’t live with them and can’t live without them.

Whatever had possessed me to remain in his company was clearly a queer coincidence. Perhaps I thought that he would just leave since I had in fact been the first to discover the stream gurgling softly behind me. But even I glanced back at him a few times unable to decide if I should tell him to go or simply ignore his pointless existence, nothing really came to mind. What could I say? You’re on private property, get off. I didn’t see that working in a million years, especially on a brute such as him. I liked to think they came in types: the dumb, the tolerable, and the outstanding. I didn’t think it took much thought for one to decide what group this heathen obviously belonged to.

Finally, in one last attempt to frighten him off, I turned my ass-end towards him and continued to ignore him altogether. Once again, I bent down to my toes, suddenly infatuated with the greenery at my toes. I decided that this was going to be a lovely day either way it went because I had no intentions of letting this baboon ruin it.

Unregistered
   TAJHERI</style>
</style>

Tajheri snorted and a grin began to take shape on his handsome face. "Rude?" He echoed the mare. "Lady, you haven't even scratched the surface of rude." His black tail snapped against his legs and he chuckled quietly at the oddly marked mare. Rude. Ha! It was painfully obvious that she had not come across anyone else in his family. Sure, he may have been the more rude one out of the bunch, but she obviously had not crossed his mother's path yet. Hell, if she had the bitch wouldn't be breathing let alone talking to herself.

The scarred stallion may not have been a genius, but he knew where he wasn't welcome. Unlike those with enough common decency to leave when he knew he wasn't wanted, he hung around. If someone didn't like him, much like the mare he'd just met, he'd give them reason enough to not like them. He'd drive them up one cliff and down the other. This mare, however, seemed perfectly content with nibbling on the grass and ignoring him. It made him tempted to take a shit and wipe it across the grass and leave her to her feast.

His thought process, however, was interrupted when she turned her ass end toward him. The stallion's ears tilted forward and he took in a breath. The scent of a mare was something he'd never forget. "You must be pretty stupid." He finally said. "Turning your ass to a stallion you don't know." How would she know if he was a rapist or not. How would she know if he had magic that would immobilize her or not. "Gods, I hope not all the mares in his fucking place are as stupid as you." He sneered as he began to circle around her.

ooc:// sorry it's suckish :T

Deceased
Adoptable

His voice was smooth and thick with something akin to liquid charm which made the mare shift slightly in unease. Her heart thrummed beneath her chest like it had never known such a pace of beating before and from time to time she would remind herself that it was because her blood was boiling. Pompous ass. Her eyes flashed back at him and darkened with a new plight for vengeance; this was only the beginning of the war he had waged and she wanted him to be very aware of his misdemeanors. The way his lips seemed to curl around each word made her cringe and there was point in his raving that she wanted to reach out and kick that stupid selfish grin from his face… if only.

However, where she had thought it smart to avoid him, he found it amusing to annoy her. Still he stood behind her like a sick pup, spreading a dark shadow along the soft golden swells of her back waiting for a bone. Did he not get the hint? Her dark threads flicked idly at her hocks and the sensation was pleasurable enough until the words “you” and “stupid” fell from his devil lips in the same sentence. Coming back to the surface of reality with a bit of grass hanging from salivating, blackened lips, the mare snorted before shifting once more to face him.

Once more, the forbidden words were repeated in a vicious side-comment as if she weren’t standing right there and she threw her head upwards, obviously exasperated with his attempts to throw her. “What, did you honestly believe you’d ever get close enough to lie with me?” Her incredulous laughter was soon to follow as if she’d just watched a foal run headlong into a tree trunk. It had been one humorous day and this twit was just making it better by the moment. Once again a sneering smile dared to part her lips as she glared back at her offender. “Why don’t you find someone that is decidedly more worth your time? I think you’re a bit out of your element here don’t you think?

Her victorious grin was enough to speak volumes; she should have no problem keeping this one in check.

Unregistered
   TAJHERI</style>
</style>

It was hard for Tajheri to restrain his anger at the way the mare laughed at his expense. Did he think he could get close enough to lie with her? Like he even wanted to lie with her. As pretty as she was she was nothing more than a whorish bitch, in his opinion. There had been very few times in his life that he could remember ever having a mare turn her back to him. For one reason or another that he didn't understand or ever took the time to contemplate, really, he never took advantage of it. He bit his tongue as she continued to laugh. "Bitch." He grunted in response to her. Again, his tail snapped against his muddy legs and he snorted.

One ear tilted back as the mare sneered at him, but shortly after Tajheri schooled his face into one that showed absolute calmness and friendliness. "Perhaps you're right." He suddenly said. "Someone more worth my time." His movement stopped as he stood face to face with the brash mare. "I don't bed whores who offer their asses to just anyone." A smirk pulled at his lips then. Of course he knew it was not an offer she'd given, but she'd been foolish enough to turn the way she had and make it look like she was offering something he wasn't particularly interested in.

The muscles in Tajheri's right shoulder twitched which led to him stamping his hoof into the ground as his face morphed into a bored expression. "You're not as interesting as I'd thought you might be." He finally decided. "Typical." A snort followed the clipped word as he began to turn away from Ailith. "Mares. Useless."

Deceased
Adoptable

The stallion’s face was quite comical in Ailith’s opinion. She had begun to dig his grave and all he could do was stare back at her with widened eyes. Had she ruffled his figurative feathers? Made him angry? For all she cared, he could leave and walk straight off of a cliff, but of course he had to go and ruin all chance for that little bit of mercy. Instead, he uttered insult upon injury and she was more than prepared to fight back. From her lips came the remains of hysterical laughter, “Bitch? Was that supposed to hurt my feelings or have you really just run out of things to say?” She had turned to face his head on now, her full attention staring daggers into his chest. There was no way that he was going to get off that easy, after all, he had started this war but she fully intended to finish it.

Looking past him altogether she gathered her thoughts in order to channel them in one direction. The tall grass would stop swaying around her and the birdsong would fall quiet in order to listen to her low grumbling threats. She was not a mare that tolerated disrespect seeing that she had done nothing in the way of fouling this broken creature. It was obvious that whatever lay in his past had ripped his thought process to shreds and it was time for someone to let him know it. “You know, as much as you appear to despise us… you quite need us, don’t you? And I’m also quite certain that if I’d offered you the chance, you would have taken it… so don’t be so prude, darling.

He tried to turn away from her, but she wasn’t ready to let this go and so she followed. As “useless” as she was or really wasn’t, she would find a way to pierce his thick skull and break him. Behind him, her steps were agile and soft, as if she placed them carefully, as if she were dancing in his wake... Her hips swung provocatively against her languid gait and with a flag of dark tresses raised, she had become quite a sight to see. “So tell me then, if I am so typical, perhaps you would like to explain your interest in my certainly lackluster attributes? After all, it was not I that approached you, no, it was quite the opposite.” Her victory smile was now accompanied by a victory dance and there was nothing that he could do about it if he wanted to get away alive.

Unregistered
   TAJHERI</style>
</style>

"Need you?" Tajheri laughed. "Tell me, in what ways do we need you? To create the next generation, perhaps you have a point. But maybe you've failed to realize that in order to create a new generation you need us." He pointed out. "Unless you've figured out a way to drop a foal without us, which I highly doubt." He said pointedly. "But if you mean that we need you in the ways of sexual gratification you're sorely mistaken." He raised a 'brow' as he looked at her then a smirk curled his lips as he then moved on to the second part of her argument. "And darling, if you offered the chance I wouldn't take it. I don't fuck mares that look like stallions."

He left it at that and continued to walk away, but the damned mare couldn't leave well enough alone. No, she had to trail after him like a foal seeking its mother's teat. Her question made him stop and he looked back over his shoulder at the mare. "I hold no interest in you." He said bluntly. "Why else would I be walking away? If you don't believe me then take a look under my belly. You're certainly getting no rise out of me." He snorted then laughed. "Maybe if you didn't look so manly..." He trailed off then heaved his shoulders in a shrug of nonchalance. Now that he felt he had the upperhand in the argument his anger had subsided.

She then mentioned how he had approached her and he thought about it. "You were talking to yourself." He remembered. "I thought you were crazy and it seems I wasn't far off." Tajheri smirked once more. "Though for a crazy mare you're certainly not as entertaining as I thought you'd be. You're quite dull, actually."

Deceased
Adoptable

A i l i t h
these arms of mine, they are burning, burning from wanting you
Bitterly, the mare cried out. It was a fragrant mixture of humor and disgust as she continued to trail the dark-skinned stallion. Whatever drew her from her former speculations of the boy had obviously changed drastically. He was a pompous ass who thought that arrogance was something to be proud of and yet, here she was, hoping to get a rise out of him. Was she so different? Quietly, she paused, trying to remind herself what exactly she had been after anyways. However, the more he kept talking the more she kept trying to disengage her “fight” mode. However, a light seemed to flicker on as she resumed her gait, obviously content in following in the stallion’s wake. She hadn’t exhausted her entire arsenal just yet…

Her steps seemed to quicken as she moved up alongside boy’s side, her velveteen muzzle tracing her presence along his tattered hide as she went. Each part of him was a new conquest for her and she intended to make him just as much- a conquest of sorts. “You need me… but perhaps you don’t need to need me in order to want me.” Again, she smoothed her lips along his coat, coaxing the primal monster away from his hiding place. If there was a will, then there was always a way and she intended to make him bow before her before the night was over.

When had she grown tired of dancing hopelessly alongside him, Ailith moved before him knowing that if she did he would be forced to stop and at least look at her. Her eyes darkened as she gazed at him, dipping her head toward him allowing him to gaze at the elegant planes along her back. Each rise and fell led to the same endpoint and she knew well enough that he was smart enough to figure out what she was doing. But she didn’t stop there. With a smoldering gaze transfixed on the stallion’s own, she moved closer. Each step was languid and smooth in spite of her drumming heartbeat- she’d never performed for anyone other than herself and yet now, she was being put to the test.

Smiling lightly, Ailith moved again to his side, threads raised up and away from her hocks. “I find that you don’t often give credit where credit is due… Would you say that I’m as dull as you imagined?
image credits
table by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring