the Rift

a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50f4feb8c0907]

N o t e

Tall grass lapped at Note's knees as he stood, motionless in the fields. It was nice there, warm, not too cold, not too hot. Just perfect. Perfect. The word had seemed to cross him mind lately, along with the name of a certain mare, Sohalia. He missed her dearly, her soft white coat unbroken by any imperfections, her bi-colored orbs, her lengthy mane and tail...

Why was he thinking of her? He shouldn't be. He should be training. Training. No. He'd done enough training. Now was a break - a time for him to do whatever he pleased. Well, he wanted to see Sohalia, so he'd just have to find her. Where would she be? He didn't exactly know. If all else failed, he'd just have to head to the Throat and seek her out there.

The Heavenly Fields was a nice start, it was close to the sky, to the sun. Sohalia had devoted herself to the Sun God, had she not? Note quickly came to realize that he was on new ground. He had never been to the Fields before, but he liked it. The scent of flowers and grass surrounded him, it was quite an overwhelming smell. Overwhelming, but certainly a scent he could get used to.

Note pulled his gait into a walk, slowly crossing the fields, enjoying the sights as he went. The flowers surrounding him were beautiful; all different shapes and sizes, colors and textures. The flowers were wild, had no one to tell them where to go, what to do, and how to do it. He wasn't sure that was a life he wanted to live. Note enjoyed herd life, he had responsibilities that kept him busy. Without those responsibilities, what would he do all day? Probably nothing, unless he had Sohalia...

Sighing, Note pushed the rhetorical questions out of his mind. They annoyed him, distracted him from his goal: Sohalia. He stopped in the field, barely cautious of his movements. The dusty bay scanned the horizon of mountains for the familiar, compact, white pegasus he had grown to love so much.

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Questions have plagued my mind incessantly of late, and I have flown to the Heavenly Fields to find solace. The sun shines brightly above me, and I am reminded of the God of the Sun, my patron god (I suppose?). In truth, I don't know if one meeting would name him that, but I have yet to meet any other gods, so it will have to do. He was brilliant, shining in a blaze of gold and white and fire... but I had not looked upon his face. No, that would never do, for he is a god, and I am but a mortal, and the proper respects must be paid. Nevertheless, he shines brightly on my snowy pelt this day, warming my outstretched wings as I glide.

Far below me, I am aware of the changing landscape. I am not sure why I am going to the Fields on a day when I might usually wander, but go I do. I think of Note, wonder what he is doing. Pride swells in my chest as I think of how determined he is, how dedicated. He works hard at his training, and I know that he will work hard at everything in life. Perhaps he is striving to make up for old sins, but I am not one to question such things. It is enough for me that he is determined, and strong, and mine. For another fae, it might be frustrating, the time that he spends away; but I understand that he has obligations to our herd, our family, and I will not fault him for that, though I do miss him at times.

But recently, missing him has managed to make its way to the back of my mind, for my foremost thoughts are crowded with the problems of several of my dearest friends. I remember Levi's anguish, his passion as he told me of a day with Phaedra, when he had flirted with another mare to make her jealous. I snort, my irritation returning. I do not understand the appeal of such games, and he certainly should not have played them - still, I cannot judge, for it is not my place. Instead, I urged him to tell Phae of his feelings. You must tell her, I had said, For if you don't, then you will waste your days wandering what might have happened if you did...

Phae. A course of sadness washes through me, though it is mixed with determination. Her secret rides heavily on my heart, both because of her situation and the feelings that it inspires in me. I think of her fear, her confusion, and I wish more than anything that I could take it from her, take her burden. That I could take the life riding inside of her and place it into myself. Oh, it would be different, of course - my foal would be Note's born out of love. I don't doubt that Phae will love her child, but I must admit, I do worry - what if something happens to her, or what if she does not adapt to motherhood? I hope I will be a good mother, when the time comes.

When will my time come, I wonder? Perhaps it is too soon to be considering such things, I chide myself as I drift lower in the sky. Besides, would Note even want a child? Children? I do, I know that much. I long for a family and the love that they will provide. It's not that Note isn't enough... but I want more. Does that make me selfish? Bi-colored orbs rove the landscape below, searching for a landing spot; a dusty brown form catches my eye. Could it be? Yes, I believe so - Note has landed below. A smile crosses my porcelain lips and I begin to spiral, winding in tighter and tighter circles until I am able to land gently, gracefully on the ground.

"Note," I call, affection in my tones as I trot nearer to him. "You are far from the Throat, love. A day off, I presume?" I favor him with a smile, my eyes lighting in that way that they do. Perhaps now would be a good time to speak with him about our future. After all, he has met Azeen, and she is very close to my heart, almost a child, even if she was not borne by me. He didn't seem to dislike her, at least. My heart flutters nervously in my chest, but I am not ready to begin the conversation yet. For the moment, being with him is enough.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Hidden Account

N o t e

Frustration seized Note as he searched the sky for the unbroken coat of Sohalia. The day was fading quick, and there were still many places to look for her. He could always fly...no, that wouldn't do. His wings still weren't strong enough to support him in the air for very long, not to mention his scar. It ached when he dared to take flight, and didn't aid him at all. It made it hard for him to fly, when and if he did.

As he was about to give up on his search for Sohalia when a glimmer of white in the sky caught his eye. Note grinned as the glimmer neared him, it was Sohalia. He locked on to her bi-colored orbs with his own, luminous gaze. He had a habit of looking horses in the eye, especially when they had such pretty orbs as Sohalia's.

She spiraled to the ground as Note picked his gait up to a trot, eager to see her once again. Her graceful landing was enchanting, he liked watching her fly. He liked watching her do anything, she was charming in her movements, eye-catching. He didn't want to take his eyes off of her.

"Note, you are far from the Throat, love. A day off, I presume?" Sohalia called to him affectionately as they trotted to each other until he stood directly in front of her, touching his muzzle to her own tenderly, in a way of greeting. "As are you, my dear," mused the dusty bay, "a day off indeed. I was hoping to spend it with you." His words were flirtatious, his eyes shining with affection for the mare.

Sohalia

His maw is like velvet on mine. I smile easily into his eyes, his affection for me reflected in mine for him. "A day off indeed," he agrees. "I was hoping to spend it with you." I laugh, a pealing, bell-like sound, soft, kind, gentle. Everything that I am is embodied in my laugh, a gift that I will forever be thankful for. "I cannot think of a better way to spend the day," I tell him. "Though I am sorry that I made you wait." My tone is teasing, playful. I take a deep breath, inhaling his scent. Something about it is comforting, though I'm not sure if it is the smell itself or that it is his.

Of course, if I have made him wait, then is that not as it should be? It seems to me that we females are forever taking longer than our male counterparts, always lingering a tad too long looking at our reflection in the water, making them impatient as a piece of a game that we play. I have never been a fan of such games. Again my thoughts flow to Levi and Phaedra. They do not stay in my mind for long, though, as Note's rather flirtatious tone is rather catching - I feel remarkably light-hearted, my worries from before seeming to drift away with the wind. This is love, I tell myself. What else would banish anxiety to the darkest corners of my mind, draw out my laughter as though it is the easiest thing in the world?

He has never seen me as I normally am, I realize. I am usually shy, withdrawn, awkward. I have never made friends easily, though I have several in this land. Part of it, I suppose, is because of a lack in trust. but mostly, I am afraid of losing them. For so long, I did not allow myself to collect friendship for fear of losing; now I cannot imagine how I survived without it. I am beginning to blossom under his gaze, his and Rowan's and Phaedra's. I can feel the shift, as sure as the seasons change, slow and steady. I love it, and I love him all the more for it. "Now that you've found me... what are you going to do with me?" My lyrics border on seduction, though all I meant was flirtation; I blush slightly at the realization, ducking my head shyly. Well, perhaps not all of my former self is gone.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Hidden Account

N o t e

Her laugh was enchanting, encasing Note's thoughts and easing every worry he had had. Sohalia's laugh was something he wouldn't mind listening to forever. "I cannot think of a better way to spend the day, though I am sorry that I made you wait," Sohalia said in her beautiful, bell like voice. She was beautiful.

"Don't worry about it, I've got plenty of time," Note smiled adoringly. He wondered briefly why all mares he knew seemed to be a step behind him constantly. He didn't mind, though. If you can't love someone at their worst, then how are deserving enough of them to love your partner at their best? It didn't seem at all fair to him.

His thoughts briefly drifted to Phaedra and Levi. After all, without their intervention, he probably never would've gotten the chance to meet Sohalia, to have a chance at love...was this love? It simply had to be. He had never known feelings such as these, even when he was with his mother. Note cared greatly for his deceased parent, but he didn't feel the same things as he did with Sohalia as he did with her.

Note's parents hadn't been all that great, his mother was forgetful, losing track of Note at times, but was wise. She had a sharp tongue and a deep respect for nature that she had done her best to share with her only child. As for his father...he was never there. Note had been given a name, Rosco, but that was it. He knew nothing more of his father. The thought of his parents irresponsibility almost made him want children of his own, to give them a better life than the one he had.

"Now that you've found me... what are you going to do with me?" came Sohalia's voice, it was coquetry, almost...enticing or seductive. It made the stallion curious, as to what in the world this mare could be thinking. Her head was ducked, making Note grin a little. She was so cute, but definitely confusing.

Note ducked his own head, reaching out to Sohalia's and putting his muzzle under hers, then brought it up to where he could look at her properly. "You don't have to be shy," He almost whispered the words as he studied the curves of her striking face. His voice was playful, but in a way, almost serious...dark, even. "And right now; all I really want to do with you is ask you a question, if you'll let me," He finished, a soft breeze running through his dark gray mane, toying with the almost sable locks of his hair.

Sohalia

The ground beneath my feet is beautiful, I realize as I cast my gaze downward. The grass is a lush emerald hue, and everywhere I look, there are flowers. The ones beneath me are particularly lovely; there is an azure, many-petaled creation by my left fore, and to the right blooms a much simpler, but much brighter, bud of yellow. Smaller, white flowers - I used to know the name, but it slips my mind now - dot the ground, standing on tall stalks halfway to my knees. Together, they create a great cacaphony of hues, a brilliant display. I watch them wave in the breeze, trying very hard not to think about how I had sounded.

A gentle touch startles me, and my gaze wanders up in astonishment. His muzzle has lifted mine, and I stand now as though frozen in time, my maw so close to his that we are nearly, though not quite, touching, his eyes reeling me in as though hypnotized. "You don't have to be shy," he whispers, and though he has a playful tone, there is something else there, hovering under the surface. I'm not sure what to make of it, but a shiver runs down the length of my spine nonetheless. I try to read the emotion in his eyes but come up short; it is nothing I have ever encountered. Perhaps later, I will be able to put a name to it, but for now, I must simply wait.

"You may ask anything of me, Note, and I will gladly give you answers." I speak almost without thinking, but this time, my words ring only with a calm honesty. As I gaze at him, I do not feel unsettled or wary, merely vaguely curious. Whatever he has to ask me, I will answer truthfully - I do not want to hide any aspect of my past from him. A gentle breeze blows again, but this time I am able to watch as it tugs at his banner rather than the flowers below. So, too, does it tug at mine, loosing strands from their well-kept positions to dance in the wind alongside his. Together.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia

Hidden Account

N o t e

"You may ask anything of me, Note, and I will gladly give you answers," were the words that she spoke. He wasn't sure the question he had could ever be answered gladly, for he had asked it of many horses before, some had never answered, others simply gave a vague lie. He hadn't ever asked it of himself, though. Maybe out of fear?

"Then I ask you this: what do you desire most?" He peered down at her, almost anxiously and quizzical, but the darkness in his bright green gaze had faded, leaving behind a look of adoration, and softness as their manes were tangled in the wind.

He wondered briefly what he himself desired most in life. He rarely thought of those kinds of things, he mainly lived in the present. Pondering about the future and the past all the time left you lost in the present, unable to enjoy the precious time you were spending at the moment. He didn't like that.

Yet he asked the question of everyone else, but was left dumbfounded when he thought of what his own answer would be. Maybe knowledge. Understanding. That sounded about right. After all, he asked the question to find these things, did he not?

'You sound like a scholar,' Note thought to himself, amusement flashing in his eyes for a moment at this thought. He was a fighter, a desire to fight pounded within his heart, spreading throughout his veins. It wasn't something he could exactly help. He had often thought why he had such a desire, but always came up short on answers.

Sohalia

"What do you desire most?"

I do not know what I expected him to ask, but that was not it. It makes me no less inclined to answer, but it does require a bit of time. I tilt my head to the side, a slight smile playing on my lips. Is that anxiety in those emerald eyes? Is he worried for having asked me, or for my answer? I hope that when I do speak, it will lay his fears, whatever those my be, to rest. Still, through the worry, his affection shines through, and I can tell that he enjoys our manes tangling in the wind much as I do. It is almost as though the universe is heralding the joining of our separate halves, as though it is acknowledging that we are meant to be. And surely we are - aren't we?

What do I desire? I muse, allowing my thoughts to wander over the question. Immediately my parents jump to mind, and I am hard put to decide what it means. Do I desire my parents returned from the dead? For the massacre to never have happened? That would mean that I would never have been here, in Helovia, that I never would have met Rowan, or Phae, or Note... no. I do not desire that. Still, though, the image of family burns brightly in my mind's eye, and for a moment, I can see so clearly what my future holds: Note stands by my side, and we watch as our newborn foal frolics across the field of flowers...

The image disappears, and I have one answer.

But that one thing is not enough, for still my mind is searching, trying to connect the two ideas, looking for a link between the two... What is different about my old family and my new family? Something clicks, and I realize: I am safe here. When I was young and my family was murdered, I lost something very valuable to me. I was alone in the world. I was vulnerable, and I was most definitely not safe. But here, now... my lover is a warrior, my family one of the most well-established herd in Helovia. If I am not safe here, then I am not safe anywhere. So perhaps I have that, at least - so would I still desire it?

Finally, I feel that I am able to answer. I press my muzzle to his, the velvet warmth a comfort. "I desire a family," I murmur, and I am surprised at the passion in my voice. "Not just a herd, but a true family that I can call my own." I wonder if he understands the implications - I am afraid to say it out loud for fear he will not share my feelings, but I want foals. "And more than that, I want my family to be safe. I don't want anyone to be able to take it away from me." Again, I want to add, but the word dies on my lips, my throat constricting. Who knew that I would feel so passionately? That so many memories would threaten? I would explain, but I find myself immobilized, unable to speak, and so I wait, hoping against hope to hear my desires reflected in him.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia

Hidden Account

N o t e

Waiting. Note was particularly gifted with the ability to wait. He could wait forever, feeling as if no time had passed. His soft green eyes watched Sohalia, not sure how long he had waited for her answer, nor did he care. He didn't like to pressure people.

"I desire a family," Sohalia said at last, "Not just a herd, but a true family that I can call my own. And more than that, I want my family to be safe. I don't want anyone to be able to take it away from me." Note had been expecting this answer, not too surprised of her words. The way she spoke them, though, was a different story. They were full of emotion, of an endless passion deciding to seep unexpectedly from her lips as his heart started to melt at her soft touch on his muzzle. It was so soft, the touch full of affection that they both longed for.

Questions of her past started to stir in Note's mind, but for now, he ignored them. He let the vision of a miniature version of himself with long legs and a lanky form erode his thoughts instead. If they had a foal, what would it look like? Him, or Sohalia? Would it...would it act like them? Foals were such exotic creatures, but they certainly were cute...

"May I have the pleasure of being in that family with you?" Note whispered with a cheeky grin on his muzzle, his eyes brimming with affection. His words weren't just seductive and flirtatious, but they had a deeper feeling to them.

Sohalia

I remember. Faces flash through my mind behind closed eyes, my muzzle still pressed to his, though for the simple pleasure of his touch or for comfort, I cannot say. Father, Mother, my brother Ketan, my half-sister Hasita. They are all there, forever engraved in my memory. I try to think of them only as they were alive: Father as the strong, silent leader; Mother as the soft, gentle maiden; Ketan with his wild antics, his forelock forever falling into his eyes; Hasita with her soft smile, her mischievous grin... I try not to think about the last time I saw them, murdered before my eyes before I ran for my life. And then, when I thought I could not lose more, the mare that had saved me died as well. Hers was less painful, though, for I knew it was coming.

Perhaps someone in this land could have saved her. Saved all of them. But not me, not as young and unknowledgeable as I was then. Could I have saved them now? No, my mind whispers, and I take a deep breath. Slowly I push the memories away, packing them away in neat little boxes, stowing them in the deepest recesses of my memory where they might collect dust waiting to be disturbed once more. I open my eyes. He is still there, my Note, his emerald gaze kind on mine, though I sense that he burns with questions. Would that I could answer them now, but I don't think this is the time - we are quickly approaching my topic of choice for the afternoon, and I dare not get distracted.

"May I have the pleasure of being in that family with you?" he asks, his voice an affectionate whisper. There was some emotion there than I cannot describe, and a flutter of anticipation blossoms in my stomach. I return his grin with my own, matching his gaze evenly. "I wouldn't have it any other way, love," I tell him, every syllable ringing with confidence and truth. But how do I proceed from here? Is he thinking of a family as a distant 'someday'? Or does he want to start... now? Again the vision of foals blooms in my mind, and again I shove it away. Surely there is more to it than just... agreeing to have a family. Yes, we must decide on a time line... musn't we?

My next words emerge not quite so eloquently as I might want, but they bubble from my lips all the same, steeped in that unnameable emotion that I had felt several times now. "Should we start... now?" There is a giddiness to my whisper that made my question altogether more seductive than I had anticipated, and a blush mantles my cheeks. Still, I do not waver, I do not look away. He had told me that I did not need to be shy, had he not? I don't have to fear anything with him. I will not be nervous; I will not lose this precious moment. Time slows; everything seems to hang on his reply.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia

Hidden Account
[quote='Note' pid='31402' dateline='1358312067']

N o t e

"I wouldn't have it any other way, love." Sohalia's voice was much more confident than usual. It was a new side of her that he had never known, but Note didn't mind. He loved her just the way she was, and nothing could change that at this point. Nothing could come between them, their feelings were pure; their destinies intertwined.

Note smiled at her words, inhaling the smell of her fresh white coat. She was his. All his. No one could touch her the way he did, if they did, they would certainly get chewed up by him. A sudden possessive feeling for the mare fell upon him as he buried his muzzle in her mane, wanting her to be close to him.

"Should we start... now?" The words that sprang from her lips made him pause as he thought. Note wanted to be infinitely connected to Sohalia for the rest of his life and there was only one way to make sure that happened. Maybe if Sohalia's voice hadn't been so seductive, he would've taken her question differently, but that was too late now.

"I see no reason why we shouldn't," Note spoke affectionately as the last shreds of daylight began to turn to night. He gave Sohalia no time to reply to words or even think about protesting.

He was in control now.

[OOC | I think this is a good place to stop, yes? :3 BABIES HERE WE COME. :D]